Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Circle Versus Square. We hope you enjoy your visit.

As you are currently a guest, please log in or register. Note that due to spamming problems, you must include the word "Circle" or "Square" in your user name when you register; you can request to have that word removed as soon as your account is validated, which should take no more than three days.

Thanks for your effort and cooperation.

Please click here to register.

If you're already a member, log in here:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Diamond: The Geometry of the Savior?
Topic Started: Apr 19 2008, 09:58 PM (2,307 Views)
madhollywood
Member Avatar
CIRCLE or SQUARE
First, we are shown Square impersonating a diamond. In the most recent strip (comic #44), we are shown a mystical book in which the tale of the REAL Diamond is indicated. Circle asserts--granted only regurgitating what he read--that Diamond is a geometric embodiment of a God figure. So was in fact Square committing blasphemy in his attempt to impersonate the savior?

I suspect this tale of Diamond, the REAL one, is far from concluded. Who is he? What is he? And does he have the power to bring peace to the geometric discord. Time will tell . . .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Art
Member Avatar
Shape
I would contest that, whilst on his corner, Square was invested with the spirit of Diamond, nay, that he was Diamond made flesh (steel?).
How else could the otherwise sapheaded Square have kept so complex a ruse raised against Circle's penetrating tirade?
Plus there would be little way to tell them apart.

Rheingold
Member Avatar
Administrator...Go Circle!
But on the cover of the Book of Diamond, Diamond is pictured as not having four right angles. So how could Square have been truly the embodiment of Diamond?

OR, what if Square is actually Diamond in disguise, there to test Circle?

Art
Member Avatar
Shape
Were that the case, I would assume Circle would have been incinerated again, having failed miserably.

Parallelogram
Visible
But maybe Diamond finds Circle amusing and enjoys being made fun of. Maybe it's like The Prince and the Pauper where the prince goes out to see what it's like being treated normal for a change instead of all that hushed reading of that book.

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
But why would he then pretend to be Diamond if he was already pretending to be Square?

Aggh! I think we're taking this too seriously.

madhollywood
Member Avatar
CIRCLE or SQUARE
Circle Versus Square may be a minimalist comic, but as it has proved time and time again there is often more to it than meets the eye. No subject is too small as to warrant a spirited debate on the merits.

The juxtaposition of simple shapes and more sophisticated writing serve as a nice ironic counterpoint to one another. In fact, CvS often appeals to this fact to generate humor.

Personally, I think we should strive for the same: Deep, complex conversations in which we laugh at our own complicated analysis over such a simple comic.

rarisgod
Member Avatar
The Greatest of All Beings
I personally do not believe that Square is Diamond, nor can he be the true Diamond. I believe he can impersonate Diamond, but until Diamond appears and presents his true self, we cannot be entirely sure of who he is.

As for his involvement with Heart, I have a feeling Square may have deceived Heart at that point. I'm in doubt as to the actual appearance of Diamond having occurred up to this point in the comic.

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
I doubt that Square is Diamond, simply because he would've rubbed the fact that he slept with Heart in Circle's face. He didn't.

Personally, I think there are too many side-plots, we have the Diamond affair, the Trangle versus Pentagon fiasco, and then there's Heart's mysterious quest to avenge her father's death, which we haven't heard about for a while.

rarisgod
Member Avatar
ASpieboy
Aug 13 2008, 03:33 PM
I doubt that Square is Diamond, simply because he would've rubbed the fact that he slept with Heart in Circle's face. He didn't.

Personally, I think there are too many side-plots, we have the Diamond affair, the Trangle versus Pentagon fiasco, and then there's Heart's mysterious quest to avenge her father's death, which we haven't heard about for a while.

Negative, I believe that this could be done in good time, but for the time being he rather wishes to enjoy the fact that everyone believes Diamond is not him. If he rubbed it in, people would hear about Diamond actually being Square.

May I reference comis 91 and 92 as well? These comics show Square(91) and Diamond(92) giving the exact same response ("...") to Triangle's new idea. They give the same response...perhaps this is a hint towards Diamond actually being Square?

Rheingold
Member Avatar
>>May I reference comis 91 and 92 as well? These comics show Square(91) and Diamond(92) giving the exact same response ("...") to Triangle's new idea. They give the same response...perhaps this is a hint towards Diamond actually being Square?

I have one thing to say to you:

rarisgod
Member Avatar
*raises finger in air* PRECISELY!

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
Actually, if Square was Diamond, he'd have something more to say to Ozymandias at that point. So, Square and Diamond think alike, but Square is not Diamond.

Did you hear me? SQUARE IS NOT DIAMOND!!!!!!!!

rarisgod
Member Avatar
Square is not Diamond, but Square is acting as Diamond.

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
rarisgod
Aug 17 2008, 11:34 PM
Square is not Diamond, but Square is acting as Diamond.

Okay... I think I agree with you...

rarisgod
Member Avatar
I believe the real Diamond will appear at some point, and we will know.

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
I don't think super-Diamond is going to come soon. Maybe if Wakcher runs out of ideas one day and just decides to throw it in...

I think the Diamond we've seen is enough. The legend of the other Diamond is just that, a legend. Remember, the shapes are immortal, we don't know how long Circle and Square were waiting for Diamond. It could have been millions of years.

madhollywood
Member Avatar
CIRCLE or SQUARE
Squarelandian studies seem to confirm the fact that no uber-Diamond exists and I am glad to report they are on the verge of an epic scientific achievement which may at long last disprove a negative.

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
Ok, that settles that.

Rheingold
Member Avatar
Yeah, but who's going to believe a study from Squarelandia?

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Diamond · Next Topic »
Add Reply