Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Circle Versus Square. We hope you enjoy your visit.

As you are currently a guest, please log in or register. Note that due to spamming problems, you must include the word "Circle" or "Square" in your user name when you register; you can request to have that word removed as soon as your account is validated, which should take no more than three days.

Thanks for your effort and cooperation.

Please click here to register.

If you're already a member, log in here:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mr. Z; Is he real?
Topic Started: Jun 9 2008, 12:22 AM (2,974 Views)
Rheingold
Member Avatar
Administrator...Go Circle!
I, for one, believe that Mr. Z is, in fact, Wakcher.

My reasoning is thus:

The word "umbrage" has become, if you will, a symbol of the CvS comic. I believe it is much more likely that Wakcher planned to use this word from the beginning, rather than that he decided to use it only after an angry fan (or angry reader) used it in an email message.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

madhollywood
Member Avatar
CIRCLE or SQUARE
Ohhhh Rheingold . . . I am afraid that you use sound even convincing logic to come to a shaky conclusion. Couldn't it just as easily be the case that Wakcher was inspired by Mr. Z's use of the word umbrage in his letter which predates Wakcher's first use of that word.

I am not sure if Mr. Z is real although I must confess that I would very much enjoy it if he were. Someone should pose the question to Wakcher and see what he says.

Rheingold
Member Avatar
It would make me extremely happy if Mr. Z were real, I admit, but just as many people wish that p=np, it is probably true that, in fact, np>p, just as Mr. Z is almost certainly Wakcher.

And I do believe that you have posed the question to him simply by mentioning it here ;)

Wakcher
Creator
I must say that for the sake of my own amusement, I'm very interested in hearing what people think about the Mr. Z question before I make any formal declarations on the subject. It's just the kind of guy I am. :)

cowprint
Member Avatar
Major Character
Hmm... I think Mr. Z is NOT Wakcher. I'm sure he has more useful things to do than make up, sorry, bring up laws which can be taken against himself. That's a little suicidal, right? :unsure:

madhollywood
Member Avatar
CIRCLE or SQUARE
cowprint
Jun 20 2008, 02:02 PM
Hmm... I think Mr. Z is NOT Wakcher. I'm sure he has more useful things to do than make up, sorry, bring up laws which can be taken against himself. That's a little suicidal, right? :unsure:

So is your contention that Mr. Z is a real person who is NOT in fact Wakcher?

cowprint
Member Avatar
Major Character
madhollywood
Jun 20 2008, 03:17 PM
cowprint
Jun 20 2008, 02:02 PM

So is your contention that Mr. Z is a real person who is NOT in fact Wakcher?

Yes, that would be it.

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think Mr. Z is Wakcher. Sorry. In the words of Square: "It's dead. There's nothing we can do".

Anyway, if you are writing the letters, I'd say were about due for another one.

madhollywood
Member Avatar
CIRCLE or SQUARE
All good things come to those who wait... Whether or not Wakcher is Mr. Z is still very much an open question for me. I think both sides have made reasonable arguments, but so far I am unconvinced. It is a little premature to declare that you have burst my bubble.

cowprint
Member Avatar
Major Character
madhollywood
Jul 19 2008, 09:43 AM
All good things come to those who wait... Whether or not Wakcher is Mr. Z is still very much an open question for me. I think both sides have made reasonable arguments, but so far I am unconvinced. It is a little premature to declare that you have burst my bubble.

I thought he was talking to me. :unsure: Agreed though, it's still too early to come to any conclusion.

TheNeutralMan
Visible
From the newest letter by Mr. Z, i dare say
1. he exists, but he aiant rich, has no Mrs. Z, and he DID NOT file a lawsuit.
2. he DOES NOT exist. its just Wakcher.

cowprint
Member Avatar
Major Character
The latest letter makes me lean towards Wakcher and Z being the same.

I guess this is going to happen at every letter; I'll be leaning all over the place.

rarisgod
Member Avatar
The Greatest of All Beings
This thread disappoints me. Could we not simply accept that Mr. Z is Mr. Z, and enjoy the entertainment his letter provides?
Why not just ask a 5 year old if Santa Claus is real or not? Who knows? But why destroy his hope by making him believe otherwise?
Much umbrage is taken here!!

Tsk tsk...

MinnieMum
Form
About the third letter I figured either Watcher is Mr. Z., or it is another person who is completely putting us on. The letters are getting more and more like a characterture of a self-righteous ignornant pompus (It's obviously not me - I can't spell big words) idiot. Especially the last one - how likely is it the guy would go to all that trouble and not make himself known to bask in his triumph? Who could really be that . . . umbrageous?

Anyway, they are fun. And if it isn't Watcher, it was great how he took it over with the first letter if he thought it was real.

ML
Ohio

rarisgod
Member Avatar
I say we, the fans, as a group, construct and send a letter to this Mr. Z. We shall see what he says to the CVS army!

*evil cackle*

Nevolji
Visible
Quote:

Could we not simply accept that Mr. Z is Mr. Z, and enjoy the entertainment his letter provides?

No.

And I have a feeling that he would take umbrage to a CvS army. He might possibly tell his butler to contact his lawyer, even. If he isn't too busy having blogs read to him out loud, that is.

In other news...
I think that Mr. Z is an actual man, who actually took umbrage to the comic. However, I also believe that Mr. Z only sent one (possibly two) letter(s) to CvS. After that, he just gave up, but Wakcher still wrote some fictional letters from 'Mr. Z' just to keep us fans amused and because it'd end up pretty lame if we found out that Mr. Z is actually just a quitter who fails at taking umbrage.

Either way I'm amused, though. His letters are quite lulzworthy.

rarisgod
Member Avatar
I take umbrage to your response of "No."

ASpieboy
Member Avatar
The Umbrageous
We must argue. It is our nature.

rarisgod
Member Avatar
Regardless!! This does not mean I MUST argue. I choose to argue.

Rheingold
Member Avatar
>> We must argue. It is our nature.

I take umbrage at your statement and argue the contrary; I don't have to argue!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Letters from Mr. Z · Next Topic »
Add Reply