Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Disciples Of Grell. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
Six Months Later; It's time to FIGHT BACK!
Topic Started: May 31 2012, 01:06 AM (1,088 Views)
Beowulf
Member Avatar
Canadian Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
Part Two

Cidad Jurez – The pyramid is still here for the moment, and the city is much… cleaner, safer, friendlier, and happier feeling than before. Almost as though a fog has been lifted. Make no mistakes, the city still has its dangerous sides and shady characters, but at this point the majority of them can trace their origins from Earth, be they human, mutant, magical, or psionic.

Lyral locates the pyramid without difficulty; it looms above the city and is impossible to miss. The day is cloudy but even in the shadows the pyramid seems to glow.

Doc’s experiments have had their ups and downs, but persistence and ingenuity are marks of true genius and once again he defies conventional physics in any number of ways. His lab is complete, including all defences, and most impressive of all is his new reactor. Among the most potent sources of natural power and energy that the megaverse has seen in recent history, it is truly an engineering marvel. If it were to go critical, it may very well destroy the whole solar system. Luckily numerous layers of safeties should prevent any such disaster, as unlikely as the disaster may be. One can never count out supernatural elements, as Doc discovered with the entity that had sabotaged his first reactor. If ever there were any errors he has enough backup power to run minimal power throughout his compound for a decade, and any uncontained energy should be vented in to numerous other dimensions.

Soon thereafter Harlequin informs him the, with the help of Gune, they have completed the calculations for the algorithm that will help to track down the Falasians who were “shaken loose” between the dimensional fabric during the escape from Atlantis.

As for his experiments with liquid silver, he devised a method of firing silver nitrate in to a vampire’s body, then purifying it a half a second after impact. The entire process leaves the silver superheated enabling it to remain in a liquid state for another few moments. Tests on mistress and on several other vampiric subjects he has obtained have shown that the rounds, regardless of size, do double the damage of normal silver rounds to vampires. In addition, due to the liquid state of the silver, one now only has to strike near a vampire’s heart to end up effecting the creature in the end. These rounds only require a roll of 14+ to strike the creature. As if that weren’t enough, he finds that the rounds actually completely impede the vampire’s impressive regenerative abilities for 1d4 melees (up to a full minute)!

I wonder what solar and H2O injection rounds would do…

The CS along with Kraft and the skelebots remain stationed ever stubbornly around the perimeter of the force field, monitoring the events on both sides of the Rio Grande as best they can.

Joe finds varying degrees of success from tribe to tribe, and not always where one might think. His estranged brother, “Robert” White Bear, is one of the first to endorse Joe’s mission and, having considerable influence among his non traditionalist friends, manages to convince several dozen non traditionalists to join the cause provided they can do battle using their weapons, which, so long as Joe remains pure, shouldn’t upset the spirits or gods. There is still clear tension between Joe and “Robert”, but neither wants to see the other dead. The non traditionalists are most likely to respond better to Robert’s commands, so, as a product of circumstance, Robert becomes the leader and Joe’s direct liaison to the modernists.

Surprisingly Joe finds the least support from his home tribe, people he knew from a young age who can’t seem to dissociate him from the child they once knew, disbelieving how important and powerful he has actually become. From other tribes he receives varying degrees of support, but it seems he is not the only one who has received recent visions and instructions from the gods and spirits. Representatives from every region are on their way to meet him, having been made aware of the authority he has been given. The visions have not appeared in every tribe per-se, but have certainly appeared to several in every region. Those who believe send representatives to see this “Ahiga Two Rattles” and, upon seeing the symbol of the gods, most accept him without further question and promise to spread word among their territories of his message and the upcoming battle, pledging to send whatever help they can to meet him at the pyramid. Joe himself travels much of the North American continent, seeing places he has never seen and visiting tribes he has only heard of in stories. Everywhere he goes more accept his message, though others are more reluctant to believe him. By the time he is called back to the pyramid he has gathered a force of nearly 400 warriors of varying OCC’s and experience levels, some are young and looking to prove themselves, returning home as heroes to their tribes, or simply in search of adventure. Others are old, experienced, and understand the urgency and severity of the situation.

Where is Sean through this time?

Scy’s adventures could take her anywhere in the world, please enlighten us, at least in brief, as to where she spends her time. Also need to know what you work out for upgrades.

13 – Need to know what upgrades you chose and worked out with Lunar Vio, I gave you some possibilities (though only some, feel free to come up with your own). After I know what you choose it would also be nice to know how she spends her time. There is plenty of good hunting she can do with her pack in the immediate wilderness, and as I stated before, the town you are in (Cidad Jurez) needed cleaning up and mutant animals would be very useful for such a task.

Jak, Dax and Ank all head out with Mackenzy to find Doc Reid and his rangers, which doesn’t take long. Mac, a natural leader, learns that when working with Doc Reid, it is best to follow if things are to go smoothly. The Doc has a god complex, but is otherwise benevolent towards those in need, so Mac, who is otherwise strong willed, learns to hold his tongue in the interest of teamwork. The group runs many missions, from cleaning out small towns to guerrilla warfare in the country, and even does some subterfuge, raiding, espionage and sabotage in the northernmost of the vampire kingdoms! All four of them gain a certain amount of respect and renown throughout the north of Mexico.

At one point Planktal-Nakton sends Ank off on a solo mission to an undisclosed location. Ank doesn’t return for several months but, when she does, has a new friend clad in different environmental armor than the other three. Those of you working for Doc Reid, through mission rewards and pillaging, gain 2D4+1 x 100,000 creds each and are now immune to HF checks from all vampires (not including vampiric intelligences), and have a +3 to save against HF in general.

Six months after the battle with Mistress, everyone from the cave mission is contacted through the devices given to them at the pyramid (provided Scy kept hers) and informed of two things. Firstly, Mistress’s interrogation has been completed and there is information to share. Secondly, there are new missions to be sent on. People are called back to the pyramid from wherever they are ASAP.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lunarmage
Member Avatar
Priest
[ *  *  * ]
Blaise:
The trip to Palladium is both enlightening and enjoyable. The Monks at the Library met him with jubilation. In exchange for his looking at the Book of Fulmination he gives them access to his notes and diaries of his travels.
The call came in not long after learning his third spell. As disappointed as he is about having to return, he knows that time doesn't stop just because he travels to a different dimension. So he finds a nearest Monk who can open a portal for him, he steps through. "Hello lads, do I have a few ideas that will blow your socks off!"

Joe (Ahiga Two-Rattles):

Traveling at the head of nearly two hundred modernists was a bit disconcerting. He had opted to take a horse instead of his normal mode of travel. The horses were spooked by the subtle ground vibrations he made as he traveled. Not that there were many horses, most of those he traveled with used hover-bikes, tanks, robotic horses and robots/power armor. As he and the group get close to the city, the massive dome becomes visible, along with an entire battalion of Coalition troops. "Hold your fire brother, and the fire of your people. This is not the enemy that you can afford to battle." Joe gets off his horse and faces the dome. "Doctor. I have come with troops who are in need of equipment. We need a way to get past the Coalition troops." For a moment there is no response. Then a beam of light emits from the center of the dome, encompassing the whole group. There was a flash and then the whole company finds themselves within the dome. "Please send those who need equipment to the large building on your right. I am busy at the moment, I will get to them as soon as I am done. Once I am done with upgrades to your people, I will meet you at the pyramid." The communications goes dead. Joe turns to his brother, who is looking around in bewilderment. "As I told you. The Doctor has access to technology that is far beyond anything we have ever seen. He will see to your equipment once he is through doing whatever it is he is doing at the moment. Make camp near that building over there. I have to go and see the people at the pyramid. I will return once plans have been made."

Lyral:
Ensuring that the Talisman is safely tucked away in the anti-magic bag, she opens a portal to the Pyramid. Taking along her two new apprentices she steps through the portal.
Doc:
Infinite energy. The complex literally hummed with power. More power than ever seen in the history of the Falasian people. A million million suns, a dozen black holes, a handful of Quasar, and at the center of it all.... a massive black hole. With the exception of the Pyramid and maybe one or two other 'magical' reactors, this was the most potent natural energy source in existence. The dimensional shunts could also allow Doc to fuel and power robots, power armor, jets, even capitol sized ships from right here, and not suffer a single iota of energy loss.
The manufacturing plants are running at maximum efficiency and beyond. The field around the city was running at peak, the arc reactors only there as a back up in case something were to go wrong.
The defenses were in place, and infinite energy equates to infinite ammunition for his weapons. It was time to contact those persons within the Atlantian Resistance, he had a message to deliver. The only way he knew to get into contact with them, was through Arlian and Ex at the Pyramid. "Harlequin dear, see to those people that Joe brought out of the desert. Don't give them too much, but make sure that they are properly outfitted, I will authorize modifications that will give them access to the Galactic Reactor for power. I am going to the Pyramid."
Edited by Lunarmage, Jun 4 2012, 05:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
VioWolf
Member Avatar
Faerie Snack
[ *  * ]
13 Chose to stay close to her pack and to Doc, giving as much help as they could offer. They had set up shop in the town and began work to rebuild it. 13 works on training those left of her pack and looking for other wayward mutant animals, always keeping an ear out for any word on the rest of her family. She spends a lot of time hunting with the pack and keeping guard on their territory. 13 lines up a shot, the bow drawn back and her sight set on the spot just behind the shoulder of a deer who had come to drink at a pond just below her perch, the silence was perfect and she could almost hear the beat of the animals heart. But the silence is broken by the radio communication and the deer bolts into the trees. 13 shakes her head "You keep your life today." She listens to the radio call and slings her bow over one shoulder, she lets out a howl that carries for miles and is answered by other pack members in area, she jumps down from the tree and makes her way to the pyramid.

Scy- Once outside Scy could not contain herself, in a flash of fire her tiny human body explodes into a black flaming beast. Her wings beat furiously as she roars and in a few wing beats she disappears into the sky without a word. For the last six months she had let the wind take her where it pleased, she avoided overly populated areas when she did take to land and kept to the woods or wilds. She was confused and hurt and being alone was both good and bad. What the mistress had said still hung fresh in her mind, but was she telling the truth or not she didn't know.
Scy had almost forgotten about the weird collar on her neck that she had received from the pyramid, she makes a hard landing, leaving deep grooves with her feet and scattering dozens of sheep in the meadow. She growls as she listens, wishing that she had left it behind and she thinks about destroying it and continuing on her path to nowhere. But her own curiosity won't let her, she wants to know what the mistress knows, she wants to tear it from her and lay waste to anything that gets in her way. She snorts flames and takes to the air again after the message, she continues in the direction she was headed, feeling that the pyramid lay ahead of her now, rather then behind.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Beowulf
Member Avatar
Canadian Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
Lyral arrives at the pyramid. The front gate is open and there aren't any guards stationed, but she knows well enough a building like this is capable of guarding itself in any number of less conventional means. As she steps through the door it closes behind her and she finds herself in a sealed room. "Please state your intentions."

Doc contacts Arlian and is able to be patched directly through to Mackenzy's contacts at the Atlantian resistance. He also receives a full report on Mistress's interrogation and the decided actions of the mercenary group. The report details a number of far fetched secrets hat even he didn't know about Falasia. Secrets about his family, his origins, and even about himself.

Simply put, much of what he had been told about where he came from was a lie. His origins are much more significant than a random natural birth resulting in unprecedented genius. His genius had been predetermined by an experiment that required hundreds of years of genetic samples, experiments, and cataloging to complete.

The reason Mistress knew this?

She is allies with one of the being responsible for the experiment. An ancient, powerful, and ruthless master of genetics from a race known as the Gene Splicers. He had been working with the Falasian race since the beginning of the experiment, guiding their development in unseen ways, even encouraging their isolation. After much patience and hundreds of years, Doc was created.

Perhaps the most shocking revelation is that he was only a Beta, and there is an alpha.

He has a younger sister with abilities and intellect that surpass even his. Once she was ready the Splicer took her away and handed the Falasians over to the Splugorth for destruction so that no one would ever be able to reproduce what he had done.

Mistress didn't know what the ultimate plans for Doc's sister were, but she does know that Doc was not supposed to have survived the assault on Falasia, and that the Splicer aims to remedy this oversight.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lunarmage
Member Avatar
Priest
[ *  *  * ]
Doc takes in what the Mistress has to say about him, his people and his 'family'. Given what he learned about vampires from the Atlantian archives, he suspects that there may be some truth to what she says, but also a great deal of lies. Discerning one from the other is something he will do at a later date. For now however he has some of his people to rescue.

Going back to his lab he fires up the communications array and sends out a message to the coordinates given to him by Mackenzy. "My name is Doc, you probably already know something about me due to the gladiatorial fights six months ago. I am looking to tap into the Atlantian public media to deliver a message, can you help with this?"

Lyral:

Lyral stands in the room looking around. "I am Lyral. I am known here. I found the location of a Talisman, and need access to someone who has been to China."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Beowulf
Member Avatar
Canadian Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
Doc has no trouble contacting the resistance and easily recognizes Eshmaglig, the first man in the cave after the resistance saved them from Atticus shortly after their escape (New Horizons post 305). "Anything can be done with enough manpower, funding, and planning, but it is not as though we could simply flip a switch for you," is his initial response. "An endeavor like that would take a lot of effort, maybe even months. What is the nature of this message and what compensation can you provide for our services?"
Lyral is allowed in to the pyramid, "please join us in the briefing room. We are about to have a meeting which will at least partially concern the subject of the talisman and their retrieval. Kiyoshi Ryu should be there, he is familiar with that area."
Edited by Beowulf, Jun 8 2012, 10:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Arthotus
Member Avatar
Thread Reaper
[ *  * ]
Ank glides into town, her familiar and all too beat up hover platform ferrying her entire group with her. Gregory looks around. "Neat town. What's that big thing?"

Ank bobbed and weaved the craft in excitement. "That's a pryamid of awesome magical power. They make our job soooooo easy. They tell me exactly where to find vampires! I don't even need to do investigations most of the time. Talking with people was always so boring after all. Did you see the vampire? Has bob been acting strangly? Who hasn't been seen in the daylight for awhile? Oh my goooood! So annoying!"

Greg shrugged, "Whatever."

Ank stuck her tongue out at him.

They landed neatly in front of the pyramid, and the entire party unloaded.

(I will have Gregory's entire sheet as well as an upgraded Ank to you tommorow. I haven't had to time to finish it, what with military training and all.)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lunarmage
Member Avatar
Priest
[ *  *  * ]
Doc:

"My message and the 'compensation' you want are one in the same. I want my people back. They aren't going to give them up without a fight. They beat us once and will think they can again. They will send a force to deal with me, both as an escaped slave and to rectify the public humiliation I plan on delivering. This will leave an opening for you to strike back at the oppressors and gain a larger foothold on the island."


Lyral:
Lyral instructs her apprentices to look around the pyramid, careful to not disturb anything important. This magical construct is an important part of their education. Lyral goes to the meeting room and takes a seat.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
13ghosts
Member Avatar
Schizotypal
[ *  * ]
Jak comes trotting up to the pyramid as he watches Ank's hover craft flutter in. Daxter sits smiling at the base of the pyramid next to a door. "What took you soo loooong~?"

"Shut up and lets get to this meeting so we can get payd."

"Aight!"



Kiyoshi rolls out of bed, he lifts several bottles from his table to see if any have a splash left. He sighs when he realises he truely is a hopeless alcoholic. He pulls on a clean robe, straps all his weapons in place and pulls a fresh bottle from the wall. He grimaces when he finds it to be water. "This stupid pyramid is more worried about my health than I am!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Beowulf
Member Avatar
Canadian Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
The group gathers in the same room where they last met six months prior, and just like six months prior Mackenzy and Ex are at the front of the room waiting to inform the arrivals of the events.

"With the help of Doc we have interrogated Mistress," Ex starts, as though interrogating master vampires is an every day event. "It was a lengthy process and sifting through truths, half truths, and lies was not easy.

"From what we understand she is a second rung member of a group that calls themselves The Awakeners. the group consists of a myriad of inter-dimensional miscreants led by a necromancer, a bio wizard, a gene splicer, a temporal raider, a vampiric intelligence, a Falasian girl, and an ancient Babylonian god of darkness known as Timat who is apparently at the head of the group." As he recites the list information relating to the creatures named appears in front of each of the attendees (feel free to look them up in the books).

"Needless to say that none of these creatures are to be taken lightly and, if mistress is any indication, their abilities all more than exceed the traditional abilities of others like them.

"Even more disturbingly, it would seem that many in this room and who were members of our original group have, in the past, been associated with certain members of the awakeners, though not usually by choice. The bio wizard and gene splicer mentioned would seem to have had a hand in the creation of both Baco and Scy, as well as having had experimented on Thorn. The necromancer is a former nemesis of Monroe, one who was thought to have been exterminated. Perhaps most disturbingly of all, the temporal raider seems to have been directly associated with Lucius as a past mentor."

"What's more, many of you are escapees from a gladiatorial arena on Atlantis, an escape that Mistress claims was engineered by the Awakeners in order to test your abilities and potential, and that Lucius was directly involved in the plan to capture and test all of the subjects. Fortunately, by a twist of fate, the escape did not go according to plan. Since then the Awakeners have been trying to re-collect those of you who escaped, and indeed they have retrieved Baco and Thorn.

"It would seem that Lucius was in fact a double agent, working for the Awakeners this whole time. I know this might come as a shock to all of you but, to the best of our understanding, it is the truth."

Ex pauses for a moment and the room is silent, taking the information in. He steps back and motions to Mackenzy who speaks up. "It would seem that the goal of the Awakeners is to revive an ancient god of darkness, Aspu, Babylonian god of the Abyss. In order to do that they are seeking out ancient artifacts of great power, the same artifacts Arlian has been searching for, the twelve talismans that belong in this pyramid. It would seem that these talismans were gifted to the ancient Atlantians by the old gods, that they were used to seal Aspu's power away and that only they can break the seal that holds him in his sleep. They were entrusted to the Atlantians in the hopes that we would use them for good, to protect this world, thus this pyramid was constructed using their power as a sentinel to protect the planet against the forces of darkness.

"Unfortunately, when the first great cataclysm happened, the talismans disappeared from space and time along with Atlantis. The old gods searched for them, but to no avail. It seems that they have only slowly begun to reappear from wherever they, and Atlantis, disappeared to within the last few hundred years, and with the second great cataclysm and the coming of the Rifts they were finally all brought back in to our reality.

"Unfortunately they have been scattered. We currently have four of them, the Awakeners apparently have another four, and yet four more are still missing. It is essential that we recover all of the talismans and do not let the Awakeners follow through with their plan, because according to our records, of all the gods of darkness, Aspu was the most powerful and most sadistic, a god feared by all the pantheons, a god rumored to be the last Old One.

"There is some very good news though. Arlian has determined that if all twelve talismans are restored to their proper place in this pyramid, he will be able to use their power and this pyramid to restore this planet to a time of peace unparalleled through all of recorded history, driving the Splugorth, the vampires, and every demon and force for evil from this planet and accelerating the repairs o the damage that has been done over the centuries." Mackenzy checks his notes and looks at Ex, who nods in response. "Before I outline our next mission, are there any questions?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
13ghosts
Member Avatar
Schizotypal
[ *  * ]
"Yeah." Says Kiyoshi, holding his hand up. "What happend with that bottle I gave you with the bird in it?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lunarmage
Member Avatar
Priest
[ *  *  * ]
Lyral:
Lyral sits and listens to the breakdown of the last few months. Her time away it seems was well spent. The Circles she has learned could help her detain and secure for herself the talismans. "I met the Falasian bitch in my travels. Being a Summoner, I can tell you that she is probably the most dangerous of them all. My first run in with her involved her coming through a portal opened by none other than Mictla the Devourer. One does not make demands of a Demon Lord without a proper measure of power to back it up. She was treating Mictla like a small child who had misbehaved. She also told me that she has her own agenda working with the group, and it doesn't involve the talismans. There is one somewhere in China it would seem."

Blaise:

The situation is interesting. A Necromancer thought to be dead.. no real surprise there. The temporal raider rings a bell... ah yes the creature in the caves before they were split up and forced to fight their doppelgangers. The issues at hand were meant to be discussed as a group, and dealt with as a group. None here were of sufficient power to stand up to one of the so called 'Awakeners' alone. "If I may. I would suggest that small tight groups be formed. A pair of warriors, a Magus and another person or two to round out the combat and knowledge that is going to be needed. As I understand it, Joe has brought in a few hundred warriors, shaman, and modern Native Americans. We can disseminate them throughout the area and we can expand our influence."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
VioWolf
Member Avatar
Faerie Snack
[ *  * ]
13 listened to the others speak, she would ask the pack if any of them would join her, but it was ultimately their choice and there were so few left. She didn't care about talismans and magic, her only thing she cared about was where, when, and what made these creatures vulnerable but a thought came to her and though she never really spoke up she did now. "Of the dragon, if it and it's... handler, the giant, were close, was it wise to let it leave? If they are looking for it." she asks. "The dragon knows this group and all those involved, it has been inside the pyramid, it could lead them to us."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Arthotus
Member Avatar
Thread Reaper
[ *  * ]
Ank makes mental jot notes of the creatures she didn't recognize. Temporal Raider seemed like a name she should know, but didn't. "Old One? Some of those inhabited the dimension I'm from. They're still sealed there for all I know. The legends weren't pretty, so let's not let that happen here."

She slapped her new comrade on the back, who woke startled. "See Greg? We fight epic stuff here! None of that crappy merc work you used to do. Even I don't know some of those names."

Greg shrugged and his helmit slid back to his chest as he prepared to go back to sleep. "As long as I get to cut someone."

Ank chuckled at the dark comment, then turned to adress Ex seriously, "Necromancer huh? My first priority is him or the Vampire Intelligence. I'm betting the Vamp isn't in this dimension though." She paused. Back to her usual jovial tone, she shrugged, "Ah well, I'll make due with whichever you send me towards. I'm good as either magicster or creature killer, and my boys here are ready to throw down with any thing I do right?" After a short pause grombin raises a short groan that might have been meant to be a cheer but came out as disapointed. This woke Gregory, who punched Grombin with a "Shud aaaap!"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Beowulf
Member Avatar
Canadian Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
Ex turns to Kioshi, "We still have the bottle, though it was found to be empty. We never doubted your testimony so we weren't surprised to find that the device is saturated in magic. As best as we can tell it was designed specifically to capture Baco. Where he is now we can't be sure, but we have no reason to believe he is dead. If they wanted him dead, why bother capturing him in the first place? Even after all this time we are still analyzing the magics saturating the device, trying to figure out where it sent him. We are not sure why they created him or what makes him so valuable to them, but we do intend to rescue him if possible. We are hoping that, as we search for the talismans and presumably encounter more of their agents, we may uncover more clues."

13's question is next to be addressed, "There are a number of reasons we let Scy go. Firstly, we aren't a prison and, even if we were, Scy has done nothing to deserve being detained. As far as your concerns about her revealing our location, we moved the pyramid here to attack them. It is virtually certain that they know where we are, but as strong as they are, this pyramid is still a fearsome power that they will not trifle with lightly. The internal security systems are capable of negating psionics, magic, and technology. The structure changes to suit our needs making an infiltration virtually impossible. Even if we feared an imminent and insurmountable attack, the pyramid is mobile and can be transported to another location in the blink of an eye. I can assure you, we are quite secure."

As Lyral shares her information Mackenzy takes note. "If there is division in their ranks it could very well work to our advantage and make things much easier in the long run. If you could ascertain her goals and, perhaps more importantly, why she is keeping things secret from the Awakeners it could give us a very strong hand to play against them. If there is a talisman in China, it should be our next target, especially if they know about it."

Ex chuckles at Ank's enthusiasm, "I'm glad the severity of the situation hasn't put you off. Unfortunately we don't know the location of the necromancer or the intelligence at this time, but it seems that China is to be our next destination, and I can assure you that it is bursting at the seems with demons. I hope you will find them to be an acceptable substitute."

In a more practical tone Ex agrees with Blaise, "we do need to scout for more information, and this search will be worldwide at the very least. We would have to consider ourselves lucky if the remaining talismans haven't fallen to other planets or even other dimensions. We already have plans in effect similar to your suggestion, with the addition of the mutant animals that have rallied around 13 and a healer per every two groups. I can't discuss the specific details of our plans here, they are strictly need to know, and as has been seen we can not be positive who is and isn't trustworthy.

"Is there anything else before we debark in China?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
VioWolf
Member Avatar
Faerie Snack
[ *  * ]
Scy ignores the creatures that moved quickly out of her way as she enters the pyramid, she wasn't sure what to expect and despite the six months there was still a spark of anger towards this place and those involved, they had taken away all that she had known outside of her confinement. She wants to find out what they knew, what the mistress had told them and if there was any word from of Lucius but she can't bring herself to leave the lobby, dreading the knowledge. She still couldn't believe that Lucius was a traitor, at least not a traitor to her. Scy is torn between going to this meeting and retreating outside and facing what came her way on her own.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Beowulf
Member Avatar
Canadian Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
A soft voice she recognizes as Arlian welcomes Scy to the pyramid, "Scy, I'm glad you decided to return. I sense your anxiety and will do all I can to put it at rest. The others are meeting now, would you like to join them? If not I would be happy to answer your questions personally in a more private setting."

Scy recognizes the voice, but at the same time it is distinctly different. When she first arrived Arlian sounded detached, foggy, as if constantly dreaming or even confused. His voice is still gentle and compassionate, but is now much stronger and more self assured, focused.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Arthotus
Member Avatar
Thread Reaper
[ *  * ]
Ank nodded, "Hunting demon's is a thinkin mans game. Undead its either silver, wood, or just plain magic, but demons? Ha! Sometimes it's the heart, sometimes you gotta decapitate them, I even heard tell of one you had to stab 7 times with bamboo! I prefer undead, but demons need to be killed too. I and my troop will head wherever you need."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
13ghosts
Member Avatar
Schizotypal
[ *  * ]
Kiyoshi chuckles at Ank. "It's nine... Been a while since I've been in China, sure I'll have a few old friends to say hi too before we're done there. I say we head out ASAP, no time to waste!"

(thinly veiled supernat references for the win!)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
VioWolf
Member Avatar
Faerie Snack
[ *  * ]
13 stands quietly, from what she could tell this group meant well but she knew that this would only be the beginning "We will go where you need us." She says.

Scy was lost in her own thoughts and was brought back at the sound of Arlian's familiar voice, she turns her head and looks down at him for a moment, she sighs and looks away. "I do not know who to trust, there are many tangled stings. In truth I almost didn't come back, but there is no place for me... And if what was said was true I do not feel the others will be excepting." she looks back at him and wonders if she had changed in such a short time as Arlian had. "Something has changed in you, you are different now, stronger." She says. perception (1d20+1=19)
Edited by VioWolf, Aug 6 2012, 03:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Beowulf
Member Avatar
Canadian Ninja
[ *  *  * ]
Scy - Arlian carries himself with a new sense of dignity and speaks with an air of nobility, while somehow not coming across as proud. His new found confidence and power radiate from him, but he almost seems oblivious to it, as though he doesn't put much worth in his power. he smiles silently at the comment, "you're very perceptive young one. The past six months have been important for the both of us, even if what lies ahead is still a mystery. I do hope you will stay with us once I have told you about what we found out from Mistress. For a long time we were just as confused as you were, she is so skilled at manipulating the truth."

He goes on to explain what he can. The most important points are that, so near as they can tell, Lucius is a traitor and always has been, the escape from the arena was engineered by the enemy as a test of the group's abilities (specifically Scy, Thorn, Lucius, Doc, and Baco), but the escape went awry. Even so the tests continued. Finally the Awakeners had laid out a trap for the escaped test subjects in order to recover them and resume controlled testing, attempting to manipulate the merc company in to sending the group directly in to the trap. Again, the trap went awry and Scy escaped, while Thorn and Baco were not so lucky.

After he finishes explaining, he notifies Scy "I would love to answer more questions, but we are leaving shortly and I would not want to transport the pyramid away with you still inside, not knowing we were leaving. You are free to stay or go, and if you stay you may either join our efforts or give it some thought, I will attempt to answer what question I can if you stay. Unfortunately, if you want to go you must do so now, we leave in five minutes."

Once Scy makes her decision the pyramid transports to China in the blink of an eye. It lands in remote countryside.

OOC: Must sleep, more details to follow. Feel free to RP or ask questions, but I'll post mission details soon.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Arthotus
Member Avatar
Thread Reaper
[ *  * ]
Ank looks to Kiyo, one of the funnest hunters she'd ever encountered. "What were you up to while I was dealing with a death cult?" The question wasn't accusing, andshe rested her chin in two hands, resting the elbows on the table to await the response.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
13ghosts
Member Avatar
Schizotypal
[ *  * ]
"Death cult eh? Sounds like I shoulda come with you guys. Hell all I did was do a few million laps around this place, beat the hell outta several thousand training dummies and done my best to eat and drink this place outta good food and booze. Ah well, I guess work is over, time to go play!" He finishes with a smirk as he stretches as tall as he can groaning and cracking as he does so.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Arthotus
Member Avatar
Thread Reaper
[ *  * ]
Ank looked to 13, "Yo dawg! Whatchu been up to?"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
VioWolf
Member Avatar
Faerie Snack
[ *  * ]
13's lip pulls up into a slight snarl, exposing her teeth a little. She wasn't used to be talked to in such a manner and it was still hard to get past issues that were put into her when she was created. "I am not a dog." She says, obviously missing the slang term. "As for what I have been up too... putting back together what's left of my family."

Scy looks down at the boy, wondering where he had come from and why he held so much power? And why it was different now then it had before? She thinks about the offer for a moment, there was nowhere for her to go and if her master was still alive she was certain he would find her. "I will stay." She says.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · RIFTS: Atlantean Resistance · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1

Black Water created by tiptopolive of IDS