Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Woof woof woof; Animal Antics
Topic Started: Feb 6 2011, 05:06 PM (7,681 Views)
caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hello,my name is Clemmy (short for Clementine) they named me that up at Battersea Dogs home.
I was there for about six months,my old owners turned my sister and I out onto the streets of London and we were picked up by the old dog wardens.
I was very thin,and infested with all sorts of things,and I felt quite poorly,and sad.

Then one day I got released and sent down South to my new mum and dad...
Boy!! was I pleased..... trouble is I didn't like strangers much at all,and I trusted no one.
I really wanted to trust and be happy,but I couldn't....not at first.
I have been ill treated you see,in the other home.....but I don't want to go there...don't want to think about it any more.....

My new owners are great...I can see they love me,and I have grown to love and trust them.......I have all the comforts and great meals etc....I get lots of cuddles,great walks/runs, brushing.and tickle tummy's.....but I still cannot trust anyone else/strangers outside,or even them coming into my new home.....is it because I think they are going to take me away.....or could it be them..(the old owners come to take me back) !!
I run and hide till they have gone......

But hey,let me show you all a pix of me....then another day I'll tell you more with other pix.

Posted Image

I am a bit shy....so please be patient with me. See you next time you call in.. h-i-d-e

sherry
Member Avatar
sherry
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
OMG T-issues Your story has brought tears to my eyes :( But how wonderful to have a loving home at last 4d544553 B-lowKiss A big hug and a kiss for you Clemmy f-lowers And even flowers :lol:

Bless her - she is beautiful Caro. I can see she has some lab in her but not sure what else - she has one of those expressive faces and I can't make my mind up if she has great dane or boxer features :lol: I know they are completely different looks but it's hard to tell from the angle of the photo. Whatever she is lovely. I look forward to seeing more pics of her :)

sherry
Member Avatar
sherry
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Apologies, Clemmy and Caro :lol: I have just read 'Anatolian Shepherd'

Now that's a breed I have never heard of :unsure:

voice
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A lovely dog. I will say the dog is very articulate... let us hear more.

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]

Thanks voice and sherry......Clemmy's breed Originates from Turkey...
(Google Anatolian Shepherd ).....but she was born here in England.......her sister Poppycorn didn't make it at the kennels in London...she was found to have cancer in the stomach...and was sadly put to sleep,there was nothing they could do for her... T-issues

Another pix....or our Clemmy in the snow.....loves it she does.

Posted Image

s-nowman she just loves the snow......

caro.

girldancing

sherry
Member Avatar
sherry
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh, she's a big girl and I can see the shepherd in her now in these close up photos.
Nothing like a lab or the other breeds I mentioned :ph43r: Sorry Caro

She reminds me a bit of our dog in the last photo.

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
sherry
Feb 6 2011, 05:33 PM
Oh, she's a big girl and I can see the shepherd in her now in these close up photos.
Nothing like a lab or the other breeds I mentioned :ph43r: Sorry Caro

She reminds me a bit of our dog in the last photo.

What dog/breed have you got sherry ? had to edit last pix sorry...

caro.

girldancing

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]

Our Clemmy,having chosen where she wants to sleep.....

Posted Image

caro.

girldancing

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]

Our Clemmy is so frightened by even the sound of my camera being switched on or off...I have to do it out of the room or where ever, so as she cannot hear it,and take my chances......

Posted Image

I love this one,although thin,she looks quite majestic imo.....like a lioness almost.

caro.

girldancing

sherry
Member Avatar
sherry
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There's a definite likeness in some photos to Merlin. It's strange as Merlin can look quite different in each photo as he has an expressive face, which looks to be the same for Clemmy.
There are several pics in here of Merlin :lol: As the older members will know :lol: I'll see if I can find one...........

Oh - he's german shepherd supposedly crossed with border collie, but people often ask if he's leonberger :lol:

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]

Another of my favourites of our Clemmy. She loves this spot on top of the stairs,I know it's wrong of her to do this...but she does move when told to...

Posted Image

caro.

girldancing

sherry
Member Avatar
sherry
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
She does look very majestic there - and the one at the top of the stairs Laughing man Love it!!

Here's on of Merlin with his holiday friends - he's the third one along, german shep with floppy ears :lol:

Posted Image

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]

Rainbow Bridge....where all our beloved pets go,to the Animal Kingdom....:)

Posted Image

caro.

:( :(

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
sherry
Feb 6 2011, 06:21 PM
She does look very majestic there - and the one at the top of the stairs Laughing man Love it!!

Here's on of Merlin with his holiday friends - he's the third one along, german shep with floppy ears :lol:

Posted Image

Oh she is lovely sherry....what do you feed her.....

Clemmy has Burns dried...Lamb and brown rice...and what ever she can scrounge....

caro.

girldancing

voice
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
lovely dogs. Dogs are a man's best friend. I've got one as well.

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
voice
Feb 6 2011, 08:19 PM

Jack Russell, yours isn't it.. voice.
We have also had one of those,before we had our Sophie....
His name was...Trev.

caro.

girldancing

voice
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
caro
Feb 6 2011, 09:00 PM
voice

His name was...Trev.

caro.

girldancing

Hi, yes she is a Jack Russel.

Trev is a nice name for a dog.

caro
No Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
voice
Feb 6 2011, 09:07 PM
caro
voice

His name was...Trev.

caro.

girldancing

Sadly he also passed on,he was quite old when we rescued him.

Caro.
girldancing

voice
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
caro
Feb 6 2011, 09:11 PM
voice
Feb 6 2011, 09:07 PM
caro
voice

His name was...Trev.

caro.

girldancing

Sadly he also passed on,he was quite old when we rescued him.

Caro.
girldancing

Before I had this dog (Gilly) I had another one - called Trixie - and she passed away when the two girls body's were found (Holly and Jessica); that is how I remember it. I think that was about 2001.

Joliee
No Avatar
[ *  * ]
Clemmy is gorgeous Caro, and I so admire you for taking on a rescue dog. We used to foster rescue dogs years ago, and some of the stories were heartbreaking.

I love big dogs, and my nursemaid (because she clings to me like glue when I am not feeling well) is a Dogue de Bordeaux (French Mastiff), Ludo

Posted Image

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Home & Garden · Next Topic »
Add Reply