Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anti virus message
Topic Started: Nov 8 2011, 09:41 AM (148 Views)
lifesmate
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I keep getting a message pop up from my anti virus telling me that internet explorer has used too much memory and to close it.

NO idea what that means. :lol:

jeddy
Member Avatar
jade rose
[ *  * ]
when norton does that to me i ignore it. doesn't seem to do any harm x x x x x x

lifesmate
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is so annoying. :lol:

frehley
Unregistered

I could do with knowing the Exact Message - I might be able to help.

:)

lifesmate
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh blimey..cant remember exactly.

Said something like...avg had detected ie is using something something % of memory and its advised I close it.

It wont let me copy it when it pops up but will try and jot it down.

Rusty Bullet
Member Avatar
A member of The Smilies Box Is A Bloody Nuisance Camp
[ *  *  * ]
Always write the exact message down.

Do you use AVG? If so then:

http://forums.avg.com/gb-en/avg-forums?sec...570#post_174570

Open AVG

Go to ->Tools -> Advance Settings -> Appearance -> [uncheck] Display AVG advisor performance.

Or you can safely ignore it.

lifesmate
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
thanks Rusty...it pops up and then down too fast for me to get exactly what it says. :lol:

The person on the link is having the same problem with firefox so at least I know its something to do with avg itself.

Rusty Bullet
Member Avatar
A member of The Smilies Box Is A Bloody Nuisance Camp
[ *  *  * ]
lifesmate
Nov 8 2011, 07:46 PM
thanks Rusty...it pops up and then down too fast for me to get exactly what it says. :lol:

The person on the link is having the same problem with firefox so at least I know its something to do with avg itself.

If you have the new version, then it is a new feature which you can switch off. I suggest you just ignore it, if you have no other problems.

lifesmate
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Rusty will do.

It does tend to slow the computer down a bit when it pops up.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Technology & Computers · Next Topic »
Add Reply