Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Homecoming by Bernhard Schlink
Topic Started: Apr 3 2012, 06:01 PM (113 Views)
voice
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
“Homecoming” by Bernhard Schlink

This is the second Schlink book I’ve read (the first being “The Reader”) and it was very enjoyable read. I certainly shall read more of his books.

The homecoming is the story of Peter who discovers an old manuscript at his grandparents home. It is such a fascinating read; telling the persuasive story of a German soldier homecoming after escaping from a POW camp. Sadly the manuscript is incomplete and he goes on a quest to find out more. On his quest – including going to New York – he discovers more than he bargained for. He starts questioning his loves, his past and what or who he really is.

I’ve started reading Pete Dexter’s “Paris Trout”. This story is about a bigot called Paris Trout in the deep south of America.

Les
Member Avatar
I use a computer, therefore I am.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds interesting. I haven't read any of his.

voice
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Les
Apr 4 2012, 10:58 AM
Sounds interesting. I haven't read any of his.

You'll enjoy his books Les.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply