Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Two left to go...; Another "Find My Missing Items" Thread
Topic Started: Jul 31 2009, 07:39 AM (1,926 Views)
moobaa
Stardust
Hi all. First up, let me just say this is a great forum - you've helped me so much already, but I just need a teensy weensy bit more help... hope someone's still reading this sub-forum :}

I've got two items missing, and no idea where to look (well... I have some idea, thanks to vix's fantastic guides, but to no avail). They are...

Town -- Roadway -- Umbrella Shop Sign
Town -- Dove Lake -- Drainboard

Any pointers? I've scoured MAS8 / Ursa Major / Virgo / Pisces as best I can and come up with nowt...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

FoominFan
Member Avatar
Moment Generating Function

I'm still reading it, don't worry. :)

Umbrella shop sign - 1m14cm9mm

Drainboard - 42cm

I'd recommend rolling in MAS 8 for the shop sign. The sign might be one of those items that disappears once you get to where it was at if you were following a route. Because it's so small, get to the roadway early, at 1m50cm, so you have no chance for having it disappear. Same with the drainboard. I can't remember where this one is... sorry. Since it's so small, it should disappear quite early as well.

I don't know exact locations, but keep looking! The next time I play, I'll fire up the game and look. Heck, I might not even have these items in my collection! :ohmy

Good luck! :thumbsup

friendlyrollingstar
The eye drops off the shelf.

FOUND IT!

Umbrella Shop Sign is in MAS8 as FoominFan suggested. Right after you pass the 1.5m barrier and the cones, immediately turn left and there should be a small shop along with some umbrellas and guess what else, the Umbrella Shop Sign! Yay!

Oh, and if it makes any difference I played in Eternal.
Edited by friendlyrollingstar, Jul 31 2009, 10:26 PM.

moobaa
Stardust
Good spot, friendlyrollingstar - there's even two of them there! Of course, I've always missed that because I always go RIGHT onto the roadway :P

That just leaves the Drainboard...

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

perhaps try in the eternal 1? i mean, it makes sense it would be there but then again who knows. i don't know offhand at the moment though.

moobaa
Stardust
Great idea, vix; alas, I just scoured MAS4 & Eternal 1 with no luck :}

Can anyone do a screenshot so I know what I'm looking for? :}

FoominFan
Member Avatar

Nice, FRS. You beat me to it! :)

Hm, the drainboard. Dove Lake... it seems as though it would be in the middle of the lake on one of those levels that you suggested. Or near the fishing shack. :shrug

moobaa
Stardust
Just scoured MAS8 / Ursa Major / Virgo / Pisces / E2 again, doing laps of the roadway and working in. Nothing :(

FoominFan
Member Avatar

It might be against something or camouflaged. And again, you can roll it up at 42cm. It's small, so it's likely that it's disappearing before you do your "laps" around the level.

Are you growing bigger on your way around? I'd try avoiding that, and stay...

...less than 2m30cm in MAS 8/Eternal 2

...less than 1m60cm in Pisces

...less than 2m30cm in Virgo

...and less than 3m60cm in Ursa Major, though I highly doubt that the drainboard is in this level.

Also consider the fact that some items are different in Eternal 2 than in MAS 8. You might want to run both separately, and with the same routes.

friendlyrollingstar

Oh yeah, haven't tried looking in MAS8, only Eternal 2 and the constellation levels. I'll try that if I get the chance plus is it possible that the drainboard could also be in other locations as well as Dove Lake? The epic search for the drainboard continues...

FoominFan
Member Avatar

Well, if it says Dove Lake, then... :P

moobaa
Stardust
Heh - I've pretty thoroughly trawled all the aforementioned levels (including both MAS8 and Eternal 2), doing complete laps of the lake and the island, peeking pretty much everywhere ... all prior to the first Katamari evolution.

I've also - after vix's suggestion - investigated the kitchen in MAS4 and Eternal 1, because that's a pretty reasonable place for it too. I'm not above thinking it's elsewhere, though - after all, how many people really got their Garden Rock in N. Pidgeon Street? ;)

Mind you, I've always tended to look to the ground whilst searching... just my luck it's suspended in the air somewhere, hanging off a tree maybe.

FoominFan
Member Avatar

I got my garden rock in N. Pigeon St. :P

Suggestion: In MAS 8/Eternal 2, in N. Pigeon St (upper town), there are 4 pieces of wood that go up the right stairs up to the picnic table. Are those drainboards?

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

I used the KF item collection to take a pic but this is what you are looking for:

Posted Image

FoominFan
Member Avatar

Oh, then nevermind. :doh

friendlyrollingstar

I know this sounds really REALLY stupid... but does the Drainboard drop out of a tree? :lol

FoominFan
Member Avatar

friendlyrollingstar
Aug 3 2009, 08:43 PM
I know this sounds really REALLY stupid... but does the Drainboard drop out of a tree? :lol
Doesn't sound stupid... it's not odd in these games. :) But I doubt it.

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Drainboard - MAS 5 - alongside the little river, near one of the vegetable fields.

Well I guess it's near Dove Lake :heh

FoominFan
Member Avatar

slo_bro
Aug 4 2009, 05:22 PM
Drainboard - MAS 5 - alongside the little river, near one of the vegetable fields.

That's criminal! Well, there you go, moobaa. :)

moobaa
Stardust
slo_bro
Aug 4 2009, 05:22 PM

Oh that's utterly fantastic - thanks, slo_bro :D

...and thanks to everyone else who contributed to this little quest. You've all helped make me a happy little moobaa :D

(And now: back to trying to roll up all 195 countries in Final ;) )

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KD Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.