Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Trophy/Achievement Discussion Thread; aka tropheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Topic Started: Dec 5 2010, 12:14 AM (19,245 Views)
Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
So Im a huge trophy collector...
Spoiler: click to toggle

In this thread, I want to know the trophies you get on psn, or achievements you get on the shitbox3fixme.
Spoiler: click to toggle

Also for your first post, State which trophies you are most proud of are :ninja

My proudest ones are:
Need for speed shift platinum
Katamari Forever Platinum (the complete collection trophy gold was a Be'atch
Bayonetta Platinum (girlfriend did it :heh )
Dead space platinum (impossible mode was a challenge!)
Wipeout HD platinum

So yeah, share with the clam all your gaming achievements :love
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drouge
Member Avatar
The most seductive

Haha, I figured you were a trophy..."enthusiast" due to to your 30 platinum's.

If you wanna be in achievement-collecting heaven, get Team Fortress 2 on the PC. At current count there are 368 of them, and since TF2 gets free updates on the PC, which include maps, play modes, weapons and hats (I'm not kidding about hats, either) they're always adding achievements to it.

But my biggest hoorah was collecting my 100% collection in KF (It was on my brother's PSN account)
I'm very very slowly working on 100% every single Katamari game, except I Love Katamari (on the iPhone/Pod. Don't have one)
Currently I'm 98% of the way there in KF, and I'm estimating about 70-95% on both WLK and KD. Don't have an Xbox360 (I will after Christmas, though :D ) so I can't do BK yet.
Edited by Drouge, Dec 5 2010, 12:33 AM.

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

I have 5 plat's at the moment. LBP, Uncharted 2, Burnout Paradise, KF, and Infamous (actually platted that one twice. on my main psn account and then on another psn account).

vix's trophy list as of 12-5-2010, 1:41am

note: I moved this topic to the video game forum.

Kyun
Member Avatar
Crowbar_Is_Ready

u'mm i just finished off my plat of Darksiders, adn i'll come back and add the ones i'm most proud of a little later, but its late now, and i just stopped by to do some quick updates.

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
@drouge, I used to play TF2, I enjoyed it a lot, except sometimes there was lag, but meh

@Vix, Loving the LBP platinum, I want to do that soon, so if anyone wants to play online with me, I would be Extremely happy to play with you :)

@kyun, I bought darksiders with my ps3 several months ago... Its still unopened :heh my bad... I will pick it up one day though, how did you find it...

And just to add, My girlfriend picked up 2 silvers on dynasty warriors strikeforce, and i picked up a couple more on pixeljunk, but the gold trophy is just ridiculously hard :(, I got really close though, I made it to wave 19 out of 20... I will try again tonight :)

JWtheMighty
Member Avatar
Tee-hee-giggle!

holy f*** you have 30 plats. I can't even get a gold trophy :(

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
you can has some of mine <3

*paints a bronze trophy gold quickly...*

also completed another challenge on pixeljunk, giving me the hardest silver tophy in the game :)

now just the blasted gold trophy left, and another bronze, then all trophy challenges done :china
Edited by Clam, Dec 5 2010, 07:18 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

Up to 1204 at the moment.

I think I should note that I didn't type my trophy list up for this topic, lol...I already have that list on my little ghetto website and all I had to do was transfer it from html to bbcode to post here. :D

On a trophy side note, I hate that some games have glitched trophies and they prevent you from getting all the trophies for various reason. Like the one game I'm thinking of that I have, the company doesn't want to be bothered to fix it...doesn't help that it's quite possibly the worst (and buggiest) ps3 game ever made. [Mercs 2]

Kyun
Member Avatar
Crowbar_Is_Ready

ok, my most proud of list:

Darksiders - aerial predator - it's just a bronze, but it was one of the toughest trophies i've ever had to get, took a few tries that's for sure!
Katamari forever - platinum
Fallout 3 – platinum - not all that hard per-say, but it takes a really really really REALLY long time, lol
Prototype – PT & Platinum
God of War – Platinum - had to beat the challenge of the gods for it, which i was never able to do on the ps2
Force unleashed – platinum
Mirror’s edged – platinum

@Clam- Darksiders is an intersting thing, it's not really very origonal, it's kinda like Legend of Zelda crossed with god of war in many aspects. But i really enjoyed it, i thought it was a lot of fun. The characters have a very ainchent feel to them, and the art design was really bitchen. it ends on a cliff-hanger, but it hints at somethign so freaking sweet for the possible sequal that i can't hate it for that. it also *ahem cough* borrows a lot from a few popular games, but again, it's fun, so that's all i cared about.

-haven't played anything for a couple days now, so no new trophies for me yet.

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
I got to 77% on pixeljunk monsters... I got every trophy except the Gold...

It seems like I put too much work into it to not recieve a platinum :heh

@Vix i Just got a bronze online from transformers Revenge of the fallen... It says you have to kill a person online who already has the trophy. Now not only do you play the trophy, but how the hell does the first person get it? obviously a lot of glitching ensued, and people "haxed" the game, to make this trophy possible. I had a friend who already had it by boosting from someone else, And i boosted off him. Now all I need to platinum it is play with my friend online a little bit :)

@Kyun that doesnt seem like a problem. God of war is a very good franchise, and Legend of Zelda is probably one of my favourites... (I used to be a nintendo fanboy :heh ) So a cross between the two sounds like heaven :)

Kyun
Member Avatar
Crowbar_Is_Ready

@Clam - i dunno if im just dense in this aspect, but what is boosting? i have a few freinds who have offered to boost me,once i get around to getting modern warfare 2, but i dunno what it is.

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
Its like the stupid online trophies which are really dumb... You get a partner and do it the easy way, rather than by luck (some are just practically impossible, so boosting is necessary)

waxc3
Member Avatar
headshot headshot headshot (designated sniper member)

Clam
Dec 5 2010, 12:14 AM
In this thread, I want to know the trophies you get on psn, or achievements you get on the shitbox3fixme.
goodbye

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
nice gamerscore amount thar :|

and if you read on, I do actually own a 360, and still play it. Its just something my friends call it, which just sort of makes me call it that :P

waxc3
Member Avatar

Clam
Dec 6 2010, 06:25 PM
nice gamerscore amount thar :|

and if you read on, I do actually own a 360, and still play it. Its just something my friends call it, which just sort of makes me call it that :P
yea i read the spoiler thing.
a plat on the ps3 is the equivalent of having a 1000 in an xbox game right? can one get a plat in a downloaded game (like a 200 point game on xbl)?
and i was just effing with you. :P

Kyun
Member Avatar
Crowbar_Is_Ready

i dunno acctually, personally i think x-box dose it better with the number system, cause ive gotten bronze trophies that have been worth more to my total score than some silvers and vice versa, i duno if a platinum has a stable score amount or not.

i also think playstation missed a really cool thing they could have done. since they're already called trophies, it would have been really cool to give people a trophy case for the playstation Home thing. or unlock special items for getting platinums ina game.

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
well i had a xbox for about 3 years before my ps3... I was ok with gamerscore for the first few weeks. I didnt mind it. Then I just stopped liking it. I get more of a sense of achievement with the trophy system. The platinum trophy is much more rewarding because you actually have to complete ALL the game to get 1.

With gamerscore however you can just play several hundred games, and only get maybe 50 gamer score (5% trophies) which requires significantly less effort lol.

I only had about 10k gamerscore, I mainly played the 360 for halo... (also Ive been through 9 xbox 360s... NINE!, the first one lasted 2 years, then they just broke down like a 20 year old mini covered in rust, living on a trailer park where bums use them for coup kitchens, despite taking very good care of them)

but I dont hate achievements... far from it. Because without them, sony wouldnt have been able to rip on the idea, and morph it themselves :P

Kyun
Member Avatar
Crowbar_Is_Ready

oh so their isn't a gamerscore award equivalent to the platinum trophy? ...hmmm interesting...

waxc3
Member Avatar

Kyun
Dec 6 2010, 07:39 PM
oh so their isn't a gamerscore award equivalent to the platinum trophy? ...hmmm interesting...
sure there is. have a 1000/1000 which shows on ones profile. i dont typically go for that though (and i wouldnt try for it on the ps3 either). some achievements i want and work for, though most i just get cause i played along in a game.

vix
Member Avatar

Clam, that sounds like one of those viral trophies like in RDR and GTA...kill a R* in multi and you get the trophy. Well R* dev's aren't always playing so it would be nigh impossible to get it otherwise.

and wax is an uber box boy and achievement whore. he'll play hannah montana for those extra few points. :lol :rolleyes

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
I platinumed the hannah montana game...

So We have common ground

but 1000/1000 gamerscore you have to look at every trophy on the list...
Platinum trophies go in the overview...

not that 1000/1000 isnt impressive... I only did 4 games to 1000...

Viva pinata (at a friends, mine is only like 700+ i think)
Halo 3 (got to 1500, before the newer packs came out, i stopped playing, 1500 was the max)
Banjo kazooie nuts and bolts (a huge B+K fan, not too fond about the new one... *curses rare going to microsoft)
and fusion frenzy 2... Id rather play hannah montana for 3 weeks straight than look at that turd log again

vix
Member Avatar

I only did one to 1000....though it was really 1250....and that was BK.

I'm a mid level trophy whore. I'll play the games I have to get whatever I can from it but won't necessarily go out of my way to plat all my games and 100% all psn games. I'll do what I can and then move on. I won't buy a shit game like those million games based on every disney pixar movie or hannah montana just for those extra trophies or points.

I like the extra incentive they give in some games. Like do X event with X character, something you might not do normally. But I still don't get the obsession that stems from it. Or the stalkish behavior it can also stem. That's just me though.

tldraco
Member Avatar
TEAM COWBEAR
30 platinums :eek there is a thing called dedication and then there is a thing called f*cking dedication O_O

The most proud trophy I own is my bioshock 2 platinum because It tells ppl I pwn at the multiplayer and I reasearched like everything >:D

Clam
Member Avatar
Welcome Mat
Thats just a brilliant way to go about it Vix :)

The main reason i have been playing the "crap, but easy platinum" games, is purely for competitivity between some of my real life friends... We still have a good sense of fun and enjoyment out of it, which is what gaming is all about :)

You shouldnt feel forced to get trophies, they are there for fun, theres no need to take them as a life or death situation (chew)

tldraco
Member Avatar
TEAM COWBEAR
Clam
Dec 6 2010, 10:09 PM
Thats just a brilliant way to go about it Vix :)

The main reason i have been playing the "crap, but easy platinum" games, is purely for competitivity between some of my real life friends... We still have a good sense of fun and enjoyment out of it, which is what gaming is all about :)

You shouldnt feel forced to get trophies, they are there for fun, theres no need to take them as a life or death situation (chew)
And after us smaller fish see gamercards like yours we just kinda give up :lol :lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pachinko Parlor · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.