Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[PP] The Simpsons Tapped Out
Topic Started: Jun 4 2014, 04:51 PM (12,331 Views)
vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

The Stonecutters update made me want to make a TSTO topic. That and there's some other stuff I have to post about it so I figured instead of me and Tom clogging up the currently playing thread. I have a pic or two I want to post but I can't do that till later.

So, for now, anyone other than me and Tom playing this?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jungle-King
Member Avatar
Cowbear Wrangler
I stopped about a month ago. I might go back, but I'm doing other things.

Trezur
Member Avatar
I'm being such a trezur

Alright, I'm gonna check out what all the fuzz it's about. Sounds interesting :lol

vix
Member Avatar

I don't want to post my origin id here so if anyone wants to friend me, shoot me a pm. I could use more active friends. A lot of my friends, oddly enough, haven't updated the game yet and then I have some other friends who finished the stonecutters update already.

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

This is one of my favorite tablet games, but beware it's a game that wants a lot of your money. You can play for free though.

It's got some good Simpsons humor.

Anyone who wants to friend me in the game can send me a PM. :D But know that my Springfield is a little ugly, lol.

vix
Member Avatar

I've noticed the money bit a lot lately with all these events. I have friends that finished the Stonecutters stuff AND have bought everything. They either have a ton of donuts stored up or a ton of disposable income. I had to use some of my donuts today, so much for saving up for the Crazy Cat Lady.

Tom, did you know they added a Nuke feature? It'll send everything in your town to storage and then you can rebuild it. I might do that after this event is over. Maybe buy as much land as possible and then nuke it.

Random Pic of the Day:

A bully enjoying a magazine:

Posted Image

Trezur
Member Avatar
I'm being such a trezur

Oh man, I hope it's not one of "OH YOU WANNA DO MORE DTUFF TODAY? GOTTA PAY MORE MONEY OR WAIT FOR ANOTHER DAY" games, like in Facebook :(

vix
Member Avatar

No, not really like that. The quests can last 24 hours or more so sometimes you send people off to do stuff and it'll take a while but you don't have to pay for it go faster, you can just leave it. Not all quests have characters going for 24 hours though. Some are 60 minutes, a few hours, stuff like that.

Trezur
Member Avatar
I'm being such a trezur

Oh, it has a quest system? Interesting.

vix
Member Avatar

Yeah. So the basic story is something destroyed all of Springfield and it's your job to rebuild it and find all the people. So as you rebuild buildings and find people, you get more quest lines and stuff. It sounds more in depth than it actually is I think. I might be hyping it up a bit. Like for example, when you start, there's a bit where you have to clean up the garbage on the street. So you send a character to clean up and that quest takes 6 seconds to complete. I needed to send Lisa on a 24 hour quest for the Stonecutter quest line. So sometime tomorrow night, she'll be done.

Trezur
Member Avatar
I'm being such a trezur

vix
Jun 4 2014, 09:58 PM
So the basic story is something destroyed all of Springfield and it's your job to rebuild it and find all the people.
Homer blew it again, right?

vix
Member Avatar

I didn't want to spoil the story but I guess it is kind of obvious. I just won't tell you how. :lol

Trezur
Member Avatar
I'm being such a trezur

Well, either Homer did something stupid or Burns did something evil :P

vix
Member Avatar

Something something spoilers something something.

:lol

slowbro
Member Avatar

vix
Jun 4 2014, 09:39 PM
I've noticed the money bit a lot lately with all these events. I have friends that finished the Stonecutters stuff AND have bought everything. They either have a ton of donuts stored up or a ton of disposable income. I had to use some of my donuts today, so much for saving up for the Crazy Cat Lady.

Tom, did you know they added a Nuke feature? It'll send everything in your town to storage and then you can rebuild it. I might do that after this event is over. Maybe buy as much land as possible and then nuke it.

Random Pic of the Day:

A bully enjoying a magazine:

Posted Image
Pics of this game are fun! My pics: http://imgur.com/a/kGVOu

Yeah, I noticed the nuke. It's a good feature. I'm glad I didn't activate it by accident!

Yeah, it's definitely another "do something, wait x hours and then do something else" game (with no action gameplay). What sets it apart for me are its humor and its look. It's fun to look at your Springfield, especially if you've put some thought into what goes where. A fair amount of creativity is possible.

vix
Member Avatar

You get a confirmation before it triggers so at least there's that.

Your pics are cool. I haven't been part of a Whacking Day yet. :( Grampa at the fountain is really cute.

Trezur
Member Avatar
I'm being such a trezur

Alright, after a few techincal issues, a very hand holding tutorial and a very slow beginning, my city is starting to flourish.

It still need a heck of a lot of work, but at least flowing nicely.

If someone here wants to add it, just pm me :)

vix
Member Avatar

I visited your town today. :)

I think the Stonecutters stuff they're doing is really cool but I have a feeling I'm not gonna get some of it. The donut items, probably not. I bought the day care today. That will be done tomorrow night. I got the first token item which unlocked the parchment puzzles. Slowly moving along.

slowbro
Member Avatar

I might get to visit Trezur's Springfield soon. :D

Whacking Day was my first event in the game, and I liked it. :) Lumpy the snake was the first thing I bought with real money, lol. I kinda doubt they'll do another Whacking Day event but who knows.

I like the Stonecutters event so far though it's nothing super special. Yup, it'll be slow. I like coming back up to four times a day to claim No. 1's tasks; it's a lot different from other events. As for the puzzles, I was expecting something like sliding puzzles, lol, but the puzzles are much more like Simpsons Tapped Out normal gameplay than that. Looks like an awful lot of the prizes are just robed costumes for residents, but that's okay. I like the floating pyramids over buildings, lol.

I wonder how the Stonecutters event would go for someone just starting. Seems like a lot of the tasks couldn't be completed, not having a lot of characters yet.

edit: visited Trezur :D It's fun to see new Springfields expand and develop.
Edited by slowbro, Jun 6 2014, 05:28 PM.

Kyun
Member Avatar
Crowbar_Is_Ready

I see stuff for this game a lot and it looks nifty, but I've never really cared for the Simpsons...like at all, is the game fun enough to get by without needing to get the references and such?

slowbro
Member Avatar

It's hard to say. There's a lot of daily grind punctuated by humor ... if you don't like the humor you may well not like the game. It might be worth a try though. :)

(I don't think I helped at all, lol.)
D'oh ... I've been trying to complete all No. 1's tasks for this month's event, but today he gave me a 4-hour task, another 4, a 2 and a 6. :doh I'd have to visit my Springfield after 11pm tonight to claim the last one. I won't be awake that late. Oh well, I don't need all the rewards, lol.
Edited by slowbro, Jun 6 2014, 08:54 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

I've noticed that. I've been trying to get the most out of it and get a lot of tokens. Since I'm usually up well past midnight anyways, I've been able to do them all for the first two days. But I'm not sure how long that will last. It's a bit frustrating cause it seems like the token jumps for items are gonna be big.
Edit: My sea captain was having a chat with the boardwalk performer along with a few others. :lol

Posted Image
Edited by vix, Jun 6 2014, 09:35 PM.

Trezur
Member Avatar
I'm being such a trezur

Alright, am I the only one who's been getting many errors from the game? Like, it crashes many times when I want to go to a friend's city, when I'm buying a building, heck sometimes it crashes that the start up! And when it does, I have to reset the phone to get it work, am I the only one having this problem?

vix
Member Avatar

I have occasional crashes but nothing like like what happens to you it seems.

Kyun
Member Avatar
Crowbar_Is_Ready

@Trezur - what device are you using and have you re-started it recently? I don't play this one, but i do have a few apps on my iPhone that loooove to crash, usually a hard-reset fixes them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pachinko Parlor · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.