Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[KotP] Amazing Katamari; Release Date
Topic Started: Oct 9 2016, 03:03 PM (2,533 Views)
Aiden
Stardust
I want this to be a general discussion page for Amazing Katamari, the endless runner, and I really want to know when It's coming out on iOS in the US
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Boss
Member Avatar
Lost
The thing is, we might not get it at all over here in the U.S. And even if we do, it will be just like the same thing with TMK, since that game was released 2-4 months prior before the release of the American version. As rumors have told me But if we are lucky, it should get over here soon even though its locked within Canada/New Zealand?

Also, welcome to the website :D :applause

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

I got myself another Android recently, and this $90 one can handle more games than the $40 one I got before. :heh And today, using an .apk file I got Amazing Katamari Damacy even though it isn't out yet in the country where I live.

Honestly, after playing it about an hour today I'm not that excited about it, though I'll keep playing for now. It does make fairly good use of katamari growth elements ... In an early part you weave between chess pieces rolling up dice, then a little later your katamari sizes up and you can roll up the chess pieces.

Losing is accomplished either by angering the King by banging into several larger objects in a row, or by rolling into what I take to be mini black holes. :heh Very late in areas, right before the next area, the katamari often takes up so much of the play area that it's hard for me to avoid large objects and black holes.

I couldn't seem to move left & right quickly enough with the swipe controls so I switched to motion controls. I'm doing fine with those.

It appears that every 8 hours I can send off another rocket, and just maybe that process will add more rollable objects to the play areas.

Cousins serve to power up the rolling experience for a few seconds, like for example Foomin makes the katamari attract nearby objects like a magnet for a while.

It appears there is probably no way to start a roll with a larger katamari rolling up bigger things; it appears every roll begins with a tiny katamari.
I'm still playing this and having some fun with it. :)

The areas do gain more kinds of rollable objects as I send off more rockets. Some of them are rather interesting or strange, like now in a grassy area the katamari rolls up Pac-Man.
Now that I can record Android I went ahead and recorded this game. :)

... And the intro. :)

Edited by slowbro, May 4 2017, 03:57 PM.

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

I like that intro, it's very Katamari. *Sigh* Make a new game already! A legit one!!!

But yeah, I really like that intro.

slowbro
Member Avatar

Yeah I agree the intro is pretty cool. It's full of katamari music and sound effects, and certainly the story is very katamari.

I do enjoy this game, but yeah, I'd love to see another traditional katamari game. :D
Every so often I look for this game on the iOS & Android stores in my country, and I look for new versions of the .apk file, but as far as I can tell, even where it has been released no new version has appeared since August 2016.

I wonder if this game might never make it to the rest of the world.
Edited by slowbro, Jul 20 2017, 12:58 PM.

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
Coolio, AKD-related activity. Yay.

While we're on the subject, I have a couple questions to be answered: how do you survive in the rainbow part of the stage (I inevitebly fall off almost immediately and waste all my crystals :angry ), how can you tell what rocket you're going to get, and how do you use a Fujio? (I got "use one Fujio" as a King challenge early on, and there doesn't appear to be a way to refresh them, so now I can't quickly earn back all the crystals I keep wasting on that ?*!#&$@ RAINBOW :mad )

On a lighter note, getting a :foomin just before going outside and sucking up all those flowers and lanterns is the best thing ever. :smirk And does anyone really use :marny s or :nik s? JK, I know everyone here parties with the cool cousins, yo. :foomin :macho :opeo :cool No really tell me
Edited by Katach314, Jul 23 2017, 09:53 PM.

slowbro
Member Avatar

My opinion is that you basically "won" if you made it to the rainbow. It seems to be really hard to get very far on the rainbow, and I doubt there's any area past it though I sure don't know for sure.

And that Fujio challenge, and the fact you can't skip it, sucks. I think if you connect the game to Facebook, then you can earn Fujio power-ups by finding friends playing this game or something. Myself I never connect games to my Facebook account, so I've never passed that King challenge either.

It's cool to hear that another person here has played this game. :)

Katach314
Member Avatar
I've tried connecting to someone else's Facebook account (definitely with permission haha :heh no really I had permission), but you need Facebook friends that also play the game? Oh dangosteen, society is harder than I thought.

So, does anyone know what Fujio does? Will it remain a mystery for the ages? I'm fine either way.

Well, if the rainbow's a no-go, that's fine, but has anyone ever grown over two or three sizes in there? It looks like the path would quickly grow too narrow. Also, what if someone went in there with an :opeo and/or a :macho ? Does :opeo protect against falling?

And as long as I'm being really demanding, has anyone found a good method of gaining coins fast? I tried leveling up :marny a bit, and while that's helped, he's quickly failed to pay for himself. Anything I'm missing? And what's the point of :nik ? Just boosting that meaningless score? Should we all be bragging around here about our score? 'Cause I'm prepared to do that If that's what it takes. :gba

Finally, Slowbro, thanks for informing me that you had the same Fujio-related problem as me. It made me feel bizarrely happy. :lol So, we, two fans of a relatively-insure/unavaiiable game, have the same problem that can only be fixed by social interaction between two willing people?

...I hope someone finds a solution one day.

slowbro
Member Avatar

Yeah, it would be unlikely you'd find other people on Facebook playing this game. :heh And as I understand it, you'd have to in order to use Fujio's help. :fujio

I bet you read what the game says about Fujio, about letting your friends help you get far or something. My guess is Fujio would let you continue once after losing but of course I don't actually know. :lol

Good point about the rainbow ... I doubt I have ever sized up more than twice on the rainbow. Yeah, it seems like you'd get awfully big quickly. I know :macho pushes big objects away on the rainbow and :opeo protects against a hole thingy, but I doubt anything would help against falling off the side.

As for coins, I sure don't know a fast way to save up.

I have pretty well stopped playing this myself; actually I had deleted it already, then I gained the ability to record an Android tablet game video and I started from the beginning again, then I deleted it again. :heh I probably shouldn't be so quick to delete games, lol.

Katach314
Member Avatar
Maybe if you get big enough on the 'bow, you roll up the path and fall onto ahahahahaha, just kidding, you and I both know the path will probably just grow jarringly or whatever. Though, I've found staying on the rainbow is pretty simple if you don't have to worry about obstactes or black holes. I hope leveling up :marny pans out...

But really, how does the rocket system work? Is it random? Are there other types of rocket besides purple and blue? Is there more than one denomiation of blue rocket, or am I remembering wrong?

Also, did unlocking the Pac-Ghost item annoy you too? Every other item makes sense for its size, then this specter invades the otherwise-perfect size 1 lineup. Ghastly.

Apprapos of nothing, do you notice how we do a lot of nervous laughter on this site? There have been five laughter emojis in the last two posts alone. Are we being forced to talk at gunpoint? " :lol Hahaha Katamari is great haha call the police"

And don't try to escape by deleting your game. There is no escape.

slowbro
Member Avatar

:heh I pretty much get by with only a few emojis :lol :heh :) :D :woot :crybaby :wacko :kitty :kenta but mostly I just use them to laugh at myself.

I certainly think the rockets are random. I remember a 3-hour one, an 8-hour one and a rare 12-hour one with bigger rewards. It seems like there may be a 24-hour one that I only saw once.

Heh, I don't think the Pac-man ghosts bugged me, maybe cause I like Pac-man stuff. :D

Katach314
Member Avatar
Oh, I'm perfectly groovy with Pac-Man stuff too; I just don't like the ghost cluttering up the otherwise-thematic size 1 objects set. The round red shape clashes with the paperclips and ladybugs. I'd prefer it at size 9 or something.

Now, what colors are these rockets? I know you have all the other info right there, but COLOR IS ALL I CARE ABOUT. Alright that could be interpreted a number of different ways

As an aside, AKD- :marny fans, sorry for doubting you. I leveled him up a bit, and he has been invaluable in gaining coins. My apologies. As a peace offering, I will disclose that recently, I fell into a black hole while transforming into :marny , and I was still :marny -sized as :prince when I restarted. This probably wouldn't be useful for surviving on the rainbow, though, as you would be too small to jump over the gaps.

In conclusion, hooray for laughing at ourselves! :lol :bleh :heh
Edited by Katach314, Jul 23 2017, 09:54 PM.

slowbro
Member Avatar

I remember the 12-hour rockets having three stars on their side, but I don't remember any of the rockets' colors. :heh Sorry, woops, heh.

That's neat about the tiny-sized katamari. :D

Katach314
Member Avatar
I got one of those 12-hour rockets today! Well, I haven't launched it as of this writing because one of the 3-hour purple ones are out right now, but it has those three stars on the side! Well, the body is blue, the nose is light blue, the booster is black, and the struts are yellow. The stars are yellow and 3D! If I get a 24-hour one, I'll let you know, but since this is the first 12-hour one I've gotten after months of play, I'm not too confident. :/

Also, the :marny glitch happened again! You have to die while turning into :marny (I've only done it using black holes, though I suppose you could theoretically use The King or a fall), dying as him doesn't work. I'm pretty sure the illusion ends if you die, but I can't confirm it. I KNOW that rolling up another :marny will bring you into the normal :marny state and will eventually return you to normal. This time, I avoided :marny s and managed to get almost all the way to the Rainbow before I accidentally rolled up a :marny . I also noticed :marny s are available on the Rainbow, so maybe there's a workaround to the gap problem? :/

Man, I used too many :marny s here...

Edit: I checked, Rolling up another :marny is the only way to stop the curse glitch. Also, I wasn't able to jump a gap in the rainbow, but I've never rolled up a :marny there normally. Maybe there's some trick I'm missing?
Edited by Katach314, Nov 12 2017, 12:31 AM.

slowbro
Member Avatar

I tried googling this game on my iPad, and I got to see its app store page on the Irish store. :)

I couldnít download it of course. But I did notice the game was updated only a week ago, so I take it Bandai Namco Europe hasnít abandoned it. :) I have been assuming this will probably never make it to a worldwide release, but who knows.

Katach314
Member Avatar
I got it off the Canadian app store and never looked back. :D

slowbro
Member Avatar

Looks like this just made it to the USA on iOS and Android. :)

Zero00430
Katamari Lurker
Guys, guys, guys!! I figured out the Fujio issue!! I friended some people on the game's Facebook page, went into the game, in settings and logged out of Facebook. Then I went into the cousins, selected Fujio, and it gave me the option to log into Facebook. After I did, it said I had 1 connection.

slowbro
Member Avatar

Awesome, and welcome. :) Iím pretty sure I will be too stubborn to tie a game to Facebook, but itís great that their Facebook page has people to friend right there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Katamari on the Phone · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.