Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Katamari Player Profile - Katach314; Because these are basically baseball cards now
Topic Started: Jun 29 2017, 09:15 PM (132 Views)
Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
Name: Katach314
High On His List of All-Time Favorite Game Series: Assuming we're talking non-Katamari Series games (because if we are, the others didn't even come close :lol ): Kirby, Pokemon, Legend Of Zelda, Mario... the standard stuff.
Favorite Game: Again, non-Katamari... Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness, I guess.
Favorite Katamari Game: We Love Katamari, all the way! :yay
Favorite Katamari Levels: Either large, growth-focused ones (KD MAS9, ALAP4, Dynaville, TMK MAS4, ones like that) or unique, beautiful ones (Fireflies, Campfire, Chateau Notre Desir, Downhill Race...).
Favorite Thing to Roll Up: People or cars, when you're juuuust big enough to topple them over and roll them up. Double if it's a Cowbear/50Items level... :drool
Reason He's A Good Katamari Player: Fanatical devotion SHEER. EXPERIENCE. :evil
Reasons He's Not the Best Player: Reluctant or unable to abandon old, comfortable routes; Unskilled at creating good, quick or original routes; bad at following unfamiliar routes; unable to properly enter competitive mindset; gets mopey when contemplating inferiority; cannot overcome greediness in Campfire level.

(Are there many people out there listening? Because I'm not sure how I can help this forum if no-one's picking up what I'm putting down...)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Neat, I too enjoy a lot of those Nintendo franchises. :) And back when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red & Blue Rescue Team came out, I really got into one of those and spent over 500 hours on it, especially enjoying a couple of the long dungeons available after finishing the main story. But I never got a Kecleon to join my team, lol.

Cool, among your favorite katamari levels I see a bunch of games' second-biggest diameter "ordinary" levels. :D Good choices.

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
Yep, PMD sure is great. It has the narrative depth and sense of urgency the core series lacks. There's also a little edginess, but not too much, y'know? A spoonful of edgy helps the narrative go down. Long dungeons are not my cup of tea, however. I tend to get bored a tired around the 30F mark. And I'm 80% sure everyone who said they recruited a Kecleon is lying. :glare /s

Quote:

Cool, among your favorite katamari levels I see a bunch of games' second-biggest diameter "ordinary" levels. :D Good choices.

Yeah, they start you out with a nice, small katamari rather that just starting up easy mode and skipping the whole first meter. In the end, it's a pretty small difference, but I classify the 50cm and under katamaris as small, and 1m ones big. Thus, on penultimate growth levels, I start with a small katamari and make it a big one, whereas on final growth levels, I start with a big katamari and make it a big one. I'm pretty sure the dividing line has to do with whether the cousin can be easily seen. I guess the solution would be to start from ~50cm or 5cm, but the former has a risk of making the final level seem mundane (as well of breaking some sort of tradition of 1m finale katamaris (no offense, TMK (alright, maybe a little))), and the latter runs the risk of making the level too long (not that that ever stopped MTM, MAP5, or CND (well, maybe CND) but was a stumbling block for the Royal Monument Stage (is it okay to cal it the RM stage or thereabouts?)). There's probs some easy solution I'm missing, but whatever.

Just FYI, anyone reading this, I am always up for talking about the intricacies of katamari, possible psychological issues (see: my TMK redesigned map (remember kids, it's not shilling if you have an excuse to reference it :thumbsup ), the above paragraph), and the fixes thereof. We have a lot of ground to cover. I assume most of the others around here are, too, but I'll let them speak for themselves.

And thanks for responding slo it actually means quite a lot to me
Edited by Katach314, Sep 6 2017, 07:30 PM.

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Cool ... when I play I usually don't notice if the Cousin is still easily visible, but I can sure see how that could determine whether the beginning size feels big or small. :)

Sure, I'm sure the katamari fans wouldn't mind having Royal Monument stage be referred to as RM. :D

It's great having someone here again who really wants to talk katamari. :thumbsup Although I'm sure that I have forgotten most of what I ever caught on to regarding the intricacies of katamari games. :lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KD Hall of Fame · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.