Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Did you roll up 1,000,000 roses in WLK?
Yes 3 (100%)
No 0 (0%)
Never Played WLK 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 3
I rolled up the roses...
Naturally. 1 (33.3%)
Rubberbanding or some other technique. 2 (66.7%)
I did not do it/try to do it. 0 (0%)
Would you roll up 1,000,000 roses (or something else) again?
Yes, hands down, no questions asked. 2 (66.7%)
Yes, but only if there was some sort of legit incentive. 1 (33.3%)
No, not a chance. 0 (0%)
Did you roll up a million roses in We Love Katamari?
Topic Started: Sep 9 2017, 10:09 PM (83 Views)
The Great Curator
Member Avatar

While an interesting concept, you got absolutely nothing worth note in return for painstakingly rolling up a million roses in We Love Katamari. As a reward, you got a different loading screen icon.

Did you roll up a million roses?

Did you do it naturally or "rubberbanding"(or some other technique)?

Would you do it again?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

Yes, I rolled them up.

The second poll is a bit flawed since I did both naturally for a while and then rubberbanded for a while too but I chose rubberbanding since I think I did that more than natural.

And, sure, I'd do it again if there was some sort of incentive. Not a chance otherwise.

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
Actually, between all my different games, I've completed the 1,000,000 Roses challenge 4 times, all natural. :cool The first time was when I did it on my PS2, second time was also on my PS2 after my old save data got erased :( , and times three and four were on a PS2 emulator (PAL and USA versions). It was pretty boring, but when I got some music to listen to and let my mind wander, it was rather peaceful. :smirk

For my technique, I always start in the ice rink and try to collect at least 1,000 roses each run. I start by dashing off the platform immediately, dashing to the left around the platform, and quick turning once I reach the end of that line. My momentum drifts me into a rose patch I then dash through until I reach the end by a log fence. I should have around 500 roses at this point. Then I turn around and dash through the line of roses I just went through, followed by the line after it, and I don't stop until I'm almost back where I started. Then I dash back through THAT line (you may be noticing a pattern here), but hug the center platform until I reach 1,000 roses (and if I still haven't, I can use the roses on the central platform). The only guide I read cautioned against moving against the flow of the level's "traffic", but that was never a big issue for me.

I'd love the challenge in a new game, but I'd prefer if it was shorter/more rewarding.

What techniques did you use?

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

I think I wound up rolling the million roses three times. :)

I did play around with the rubber bands a bit, but I mostly used my hands. But I went with "some other technique" because I rolled so many of them using one of a couple of quick routes then restarting. Maybe I should've said 'naturally' since I did mostly use my hands.

If I ever dive headlong into WLK again, or if another game has a similar objective, yeah, I'd probably do it again. :lol
Edited by slowbro, Sep 11 2017, 11:38 AM.

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
Did you take any specific route like I did?

And slowbro? Sorry if I scared you off on the Seagull Park thread - I had a lot to say.

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

I remember I had one route I sometimes used that started from a high location, and sometimes I'd dash like mad around the ice rink without a specific route. My memory of both of those isn't very good. :lol

You didn't scare me away or anything. I liked what you had to say. :) I know I'm not that great to talk katamari with; it'd be great if another member as passionate as you shows up. Meanwhile vix and The Curator certainly do their best to help us keep talking katamari. :thumbsup

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Curator's Conundrums and Curiosities · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.