Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sprites In The Style Of The Cousin Emoticons!; Currently accepting requests
Topic Started: Sep 22 2017, 06:18 PM (954 Views)
Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
To start out with, here's a remake of an old off-model emoticon of You that I made with :prince 's body and :huey 's head:
Posted Image

And next up, some KOTW Member emoticons :D (but only a couple)!

First, vix!
Posted Image
Unoriginal poses: Posted Image
EDIT: 4-Frame Version: Posted Image
My computer couldn't properly recognize the first gif, but it worked fine when posted, so, oh well... :shrug

And now, Slowbro!
Posted Image
Alternate: Posted Image
These are both based off poses from the Slowbro sprites of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers Of Time And Darkness. The first one is the walking animation, and the second is the idle pose. Sorry it looks so fat and silly, but in the end, is that not what the Slowbro species truly is?

And finally, yours truly (this has been in my signature for the last day or so, so you've probably already seen this)!
Posted Image
I am clasping my hands together. I have not, as you may have suspected, replaced my arms with wings.

And, well, that's it. Be sure to give me feedback and suggestions! Please please please please please.

Posted ImageFAKEPosted Image:ryu SECRETPosted Image:kenta PARTY :princess
Edited by Katach314, Sep 26 2017, 03:42 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

They're very cute. :thumbsup
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Katach314
Member Avatar
Thank you! :D

...So you're not going to demand FEEDBACK and SUGGESTIONS, so that you can "grow as an artist and keep the sprite train rolling"?

Well, I wasn't going to, but then I realized that if I tricked you into saying it, people won't think I'm rude! :D

:angry ...

As long as we're on the topic, vix/Slowbro, what did your avatars look like in the past? This seems to contain some erstwhile avatars of yours. Are there any other members you feel deserve an emoticon? And who are the other people in that image? Do you think THEY would like some emoticons?
Edited by Katach314, Sep 23 2017, 06:12 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

I really don't remember what other avatars I've had over the years. I might still have them on my computer, who knows.

As for the sprites, I really couldn't tell you what else to do. You could always make custom cousins?

Katach314
Member Avatar
I've no particular desire to make custom cousins, as I don't really have any good ideas and we have more than enough already.

I'd be tickled if you looked for your avatars of years past. I could make a little retrospective! On that topic, could you also please answer the other questions in my last post's final paragraph? Thank you. :china

Since no-one seems to have any suggestions or feedback ( :angry :unsure :( ), I'll posit some of my own:

Well... you seem to have the scale and outlining rules down (though your Katach314 is a bit big and your Slowbro's arms are iffy), but I think you're using too many frames and making the animations too smooth for the jerky style you're trying to emulate. And is your You remake made from the palette of the existing emoticons? IS there a palette to the cousin emoticons?

Perhaps you could make the fans of WLK/TMK and/or the animals of MMK? You could also do the stage entrances of BK. Something easier could be doing the KD versions of the rest of the first cousins, replacing the smiley face in :roll with a katamari, or changing the cousins' animations to match their WLK/MMK-onward idle stances. I wonder what happened to those TMK cousin emoticons someone made a while back...

(Thanks for the help, guys.) (We'll always be here for you!) (Thanks, but don't talk to yourself in front of other people. It'll scare them.) (Oh. Alright.)

But beyond all that, thank you for the compliment. It was short, but it made me feel good. :china :D I might make some more emoticons based on prominent members or take up one of my own project ideas, but I've been kinda busy lately, so I dunno.

In closing, I can't believe I started a thread on India Ink! :woot
Edited by Katach314, Sep 23 2017, 09:32 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

This may have been one of mine at some point:

Posted Image

I think this one was a really old one of mine:

Posted Image

I don't think I have any others. There might be some buried on my photobucket somewhere, I'd have to look.

And I don't think I really have any answers for the other questions. :shrug

Katach314
Member Avatar
Behold!
Posted Image
Posted Image (I gave up on using preexisting colors on this one and just grayscaled/tinted it)

Katach is making me present the rest of thess to "make our posts more visually interesting". I'm ASSUMING that means he's using me as eye candy. But it makes sense, considering I am FABULOUS. :heart :princess :love

(Ahem!) Anyway...

First up to the emoticon... plate... we have Carrot!
Posted Image
No literal carrot because it would be too visually distracting. We're all about ASTHETIC here! :D

BUT I'VE GOTTEN DISTRACTED! Don't bother sitting down, because you're just going to S*T*A*N*D U*P when you see Kyun!
Posted Image
(The member, not :kyun , of course)
Everyone's favorite CROWbar! :lol
(I hope that's a crowbar or else this joke won't work)

...Uhhhhh, Marbig!
Posted Image

And... those are all the Cousin members we could find with working (I'm sad too, Drouge, I was looking forward to doing yours) and recognizable (sorry, FoominFan and June Showers... unless you have some suggestions...) avatars! So now we have to step back in time (past the Missing In Cosmos people who don't have working avatars) to the Lost In Cosmos members with working, recognizable avatars that we felt like doing!

We'll begin with some somewhat-improvised JWtheMighty!
Posted Image

And some also-somewhat-improvised-not-to-mention-sort-of-deformed-in-the-legs-and-also-kind-of-weirdly-scaled Karppa!
Posted Image

Now for Queen of The Cosmos, who turned out surprisingly well, if I do say so myself!
Posted Image

And last but not least, the unexpectedly-hard-to-make-and-even-harder-to-see-depending-on-your-theme Trezur!
Posted Image

We honor you, great Cousins of the past; may you someday return to see what we created for you!

And we'll wrap this up with a KOTW MEMBER DANCE PARTY! (And I'm in there too BECAUSE I SAID SO)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image:princessPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Everyone's together! That was another one of my ideas.
Edited by Katach314, Sep 26 2017, 04:18 PM.

retroblast
Member Avatar
katamari lives!
I would really like it if you made one on my Custom Cousin, "Robby" (my avatar right now)

Katach314
Member Avatar
I'm planning on doing prominent Second Cousin members and recent members, and you were on that list. BUT NOW YOU ARE NOT.

...Just kidding. :bleh I'd be glad to! Expect it in a few days in the next batch.

Also EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REQUESTS EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :yay

EDIT (October 3rd): Alright, they're finally done and uploaded! Let's go!

Retroblast! (the character's name is "Robby", but I'm doing this by username. By the way, Retro, since this is a request, if you found this lacking, be sure to tell me what's wrong):
Posted Image
Jungle-King!:
Posted Image
Qrs22! (doesn't quite roll off the tongue, does it?):
Posted Image
Tldraco!:
Posted Image
White Shining Diamond!:
Posted Image
EndlessVoid10! (yes, I know I horribly messed it up):
Posted Image
Catamari Dameowcy!:
Posted Image
Jsmithlmsl! (proportioned like Katamari Kazoku's cousins):
Posted Image

And now for a couple NPCs!

The Royal Reporter!:
Posted Image
The Cousin Glasgow Kitchens! (a.k.a. THE ONE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR):
Posted Image

There's still some members I want to emoticon-ize, but haven't for some reason or another. Here's a list!

Avatar Too Generic (please offer a way to make your avatar look distinct)

• FoominFan
  • June Showers
  • Jatahaxe
  • katamaridav (and Dav101)
  • crealol2
  • JellyJams
  • ultralucario64

• Gyhujikolp
  • Drouge (also would like to know how he managed to have a cycle of avatars)
  • Iramatak
  • GappieMikan
  • PitTheAngel
  • s0njas0n
  • White Latina
  • Probably a bunch of other people I forgot
No Avatar

• Most Lost In Cosmos People
  • Both Missing In Cosmos People
  • Look, You Know Who You Are

• Junglekun (could you describe the rest of the character?)
  • hotdogturtle (should I just do the shiny Staryu?)
  • shyguy5104
  • The Great Curator (I'll try my best...)
No Excuses, Just Forgot/Was Lazy

• Mchaosg
  • Espurr
  • Amal
  • Dib-Bert
  • luv4manga
  • elitebeat2
  • Glowbo
  • Some other people probably
(I have not made Boss's avatar, Zone, because he already did that himself (I may make an alternate version in the future, however))

Anything or anyone to add, board-goers?

Emoticon Parade:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image:princessPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm double-posting just so people will see that I edited my old post. :D

While I'm here, I just want to point out that I made a Halloween avatar (featuring :princess as Mary from Ib and Posted Image as... a reptile, I guess). In case you're reading this post-Halloween 2017, here it is, along with the alternate Emoticons:

Space-Saving Spoiler (Also It Turns Out I Know How To Name Spoilers Now)
Edited by Katach314, Jan 5 2018, 04:48 PM.

retroblast
Member Avatar
katamari lives!
Wow! Thanks so much for making my character as a gif! Much appreciated :)

Jungle-King
Member Avatar
Cowbear Wrangler
Haha that's cute good job! :thumbsup

If I remember corrrctly I believe s0njas0n had an image of a ninja hanging from a building in the Japanese area in beautiful katamari. GappieMikan I think was a pixel art of mu with a disconnected cloaked body with bat wings? I could be slightly wrong though. Drouge's icon was a homestuck character, rose lalonde. I'm not sure how he did the multiple avatars either but I was able to find one of the icons he had or at least a gif that looks a lot like it:
Posted Image
If you're looking for gyhu's old picture it was this:
Posted Image
If you're looking for the base it was an old meme called fsjal.

Katach314
Member Avatar
Thanks, Jungle-King! :D Here they are.

Drouge!:
Posted Image
(I based the body structure after Homestuck's characters, hence the lack of arms and incredibly deformed body structure.)

Gyhujikolp! (thanks to various troubles during uploading, I can now type that name from memory):
Posted Image

Very orange upload today.
Jungle-King, thanks for the descriptions, but I need visuals to accurately depict them :( . Did you like your emoticon? (Posted Image) Any suggestions or feedback?

And I almost forgot the EMOTICON PARADE:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image:princessPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Edited by Katach314, Oct 9 2017, 08:44 PM.

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Sorry I didnít check these out until now. :heh

But these are really neat :D and thanks for making a little Slowbro!

I think my avatar was always my silly Slowbro. He used to smoke a cigar :wacko even though I never smoked and I dislike second-hand smoke, but I like him better without it.

Katach314
Member Avatar
Sorry I didn't respond for a couple days. :heh

Anyway, thanks for the compliment! Praise means a lot to me, especially from a katamari veteran like you. :D

If you'd like a cigar version (I considered making one back when I made the original one, but I didn't really want to so I didn't), just point me to a picture I could use for reference. I AM currently accepting suggestions, so if you want me to make someone/something else, just give the word :howyoudoin ...

EDIT (October 22): By the way, I made Testdummy!:
Posted Image
(They're the avatar of vix's test account.)
Edited by Katach314, Jan 21 2018, 02:05 PM.

Junglekun
Member Avatar
Back to being a badass pirate!
If you still want a full pic of my guy, here you go: https://www.fightersgeneration.com/np6/char/scbd/cerv-bd.jpg

Have fun with that :heh
Edited by Junglekun, Oct 26 2017, 12:49 AM.

Katach314
Member Avatar
I did, indeed, have fun with that. :heh

Junglekun!:
Posted Image
I also made some emoticons of what I envision the characters of suggestions and feedback look like. Since I played both of them, I prefer to think of them as split components of my avatar. Anyway, here's...

Chjulian (Suggestions)!:
Posted Image
(Chjulian is my PSN ID).

And AlduinTheCat (Feedback)!:
Posted Image
(AlduinTheCat is my moniker for submitting to iToons).

EMOTICON PARADE:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image:princessPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Edited by Katach314, Nov 2 2017, 04:27 PM.

retroblast
Member Avatar
katamari lives!
Really nice Junglekun emoticon! Super detailed and cool! (even though I have no idea who that character is)

Katach314
Member Avatar
Me either. :shrug I just copied the character in the image he linked to me.

And thanks. :D

Junglekun
Member Avatar
Back to being a badass pirate!
Katach314
Nov 3 2017, 10:20 PM
Me either. :shrug I just copied the character in the image he linked to me.

And thanks. :D
Quote:

Really nice Junglekun emoticon! Super detailed and cool! (even though I have no idea who that character is)

Heís Cervantes from Soulcalibur, one of my favorite fighting games.

And yes, Iím very impressed with the detail you put into my emote. It must have not been easy.

Katach314
Member Avatar
Yeah, I rarely ever spend that long on an emoticon. :lol I think the stripes on his chest make the whole thing look a bit too detailed and busy, but unless you take umbrage at that, I feel no need to change it.

And extra thanks on the feedback. Got any suggestions for me? :howyoudoin

(And congrats on 500 posts :china )

EDIT (November 11th): Just realized my thread now has more views than the thread devoted to the Katamari On Ice fangame. And none of the devs are around anymore, so we can't even ask them what they made before they stopped :( ...

Also I changed my profile pic again is it cool

EDIT (November 18th): Decided to sprite :king 's stages of development as seen in the WLK cutscenes/BK's Chateau Notre Desir:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (and a bonus:) Posted Image

(Yes, I know we already have a child King emoticon, but I wanted one with the pattern I was using for baby King).

And once I'd done those, I realized I should do versions of :king from each game like I'd always wanted so we didn't have to use his kid form all the time!

Behold!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

(And here are version without cloaks, in case the cloaks made them too messy: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image (WLK and BK King don't seem to have cloaks in any of their depictions, but if you find an example of them with cloaks, please tell me)).

And, er, that's really all I have to say!

Besides demanding politely asking for Posted ImageFEEDBACK and Posted ImageSUGGESTIONS.
Edited by Katach314, Nov 18 2017, 04:43 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

we have a child king emoticon? :shrug who knew? :lol

love the king versions. :thumbsup

Katach314
Member Avatar
Sorry about the hubris, but do you think the Kings would be useful enough to add as emoticons to this fine site? :D

First the :cowbear , now this... I'm starting to get a bit worried...

vix
Member Avatar

Which ones, cloak or no cloak? I personally prefer cloak but whichever you want. Let me know.

Katach314
Member Avatar
Oh, cloak, defintely. I just offered the cloakless ones in case the others were too messy. Apparently not. :shrug

And if you're actually straight-up adding them, which would be AWESOME :yay, could I suggest ": kingkd"[1] for the KD King's emoticon code, ": kingwlk" for WLK's King, and so on?

And before we go ahead, is there anything you want me to change? For example, I only used colors already used in existing emoticons, so if you wanted me to add custom, more fitting colors, I could.

[1] The space between the colon and the rest of the code is just so that, were it instated, viewers would see the words instead of the emoticon.
Edited by Katach314, Nov 19 2017, 09:03 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

I'm fine with adding them the way they are if you're ok with them. Just PM them to me or post them here with the names and I'll add them in.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · India Ink · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.