Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Well, Should They? (non-extra option version)
Yes 5 (71.4%)
No 2 (28.6%)
Total Votes: 7
Should Namco High's You And The Known KDO Cousins Be Added To The Clickable Emoticons?; Why am I asking YOU all these questions?
Topic Started: Dec 3 2017, 11:08 AM (174 Views)
Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
The emoticons in question:

Posted Image
Code:

:you
Posted Image
Code:

:mint
Posted Image
Code:

:mellow
Posted Image
Code:

:wink

Your decision, 4 or so forumgoers!

Dangit; vix, could you remove that empty poll option?
Edited by Katach314, Dec 3 2017, 11:09 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Cool idea and cool smilies. :) I would be in favor of it, if having unfamiliar Cousins wouldn’t be too confusing.

tldraco
Member Avatar
TEAM COWBEAR
Considering the fact that they are all either licensed by Namco or official Namco property (and thus, official to the katamari franchise) I think yeah! They'd make cute additions to clickable emoticons :yes

Katach314
Member Avatar
I don't think people would get too confused. I think a good placement for them would be after the canon cousins[1], but before the :cowbear , where people would be unlikely to see them often. Besides, if people were confused, they could just ask.

Also, against or unagainst, I would appreciate your making your opinion known in the poll. :D (That is, unless you're abstaining while you decide).

EDIT: Woah! :ninja 'd by tldraco! :D That's never happened to me before!

[1] Well, these are canon cousins, ambiguously canon to be exact, but that's not important right now.
Edited by Katach314, Dec 3 2017, 10:02 PM.

tldraco
Member Avatar
TEAM COWBEAR
Katach314

Well, these are canon cousins, ambiguously canon to be exact, but that's not important right now.

Hmm, I'd have to disagree. I think the more canon a cousin is, the more justifiable their appearance on an emoticon list to be in regards to this forum. I don't expect every emoticon you make of original, fan-made cousins to be put up in the emoticon list, but wouldn't official cousins have more meaning to the fandom?

Edited by tldraco, Dec 3 2017, 10:11 PM.

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

Are they really official though? Wasn't the game not even made by Namco? Wasn't it Windysoft or something like that? I mean, something official tends to be available to the masses.

I'm on the fence since they were in a game only one country could legally play. I guess along that same theory only Japan and the US got KD while everyone else didn't. Everyone eventually got KD through KF. But there's something about it being restricted to one country and pirates that keeps me from wanting to agree 100%.

I appended a poll. I think Katach, you should have been able to do that yourself and then delete the original poll. I think users have that ability.
Edited by vix, Dec 3 2017, 10:41 PM.

Katach314
Member Avatar
Yeah, I'm a total noob about polls. :heh

tldraco

Hmm, I'd have to disagree. I think the more canon a cousin is, the more justifiable their appearance on an emoticon list to be in regards to this forum. I don't expect every emoticon you make of original, fan-made cousins to be put up in the emoticon list, but wouldn't official cousins have more meaning to the fandom?
I meant that their ambiguous canonicity wasn't relevant to my grouping of the KF roster as "canon cousins". You and the named KDO trio are not from fanworks, making them at least somewhat eligible for the clickable emoticons.

vix

Are they really official though? Wasn't the game not even made by Namco? Wasn't it Windysoft or something like that? I mean, something official tends to be available to the masses.
I'm assuming they had permission from Namco (making it official), considering KDO wasn't copyrighted into oblivion. :shrug

Also, I'm mad-salty about KDO's region-locked (and apparently now-defunct) nature too (they should have converted the stages of the game into an offline game and sold it worldwide; South Korean fans might get somewhat upset ("They made us jump through all those hoops to play it as an MMO, and now they just took it down and are making us pay for it AGAIN to get a downgraded version?! I'm so done."), but they'd have made a bundle worldwide), but it's pretty transparently a katamari game with katamari gameplay. I mean, if it was that DS Japan-only puzzle game I'd show trepidation, but this seems a bit too big to ignore. :shrug

I'm honestly more surprised you're not up in arms about the cousin You, considering they're the player character in a dating sim no-one ever talks about :lol (it's a dating sim with NAMCO characters, it had something to do with ShiftyLook,
and that's all I've ever heard about it).

But if you're sure you don't want them here, just put your foot down and I'll submit :china ...

vix
Member Avatar

"You" is another weird one.

And if other people want them added in then I'll add them ( :yes ) in but I'll draw the line at adding them into the cotw ( :no ). I don't think they deserve that. :)

Katach314
Member Avatar
Of course we'd never have them there unless they were featured in a game we had access to, but that's a long shot; I never even considered that.

How do we know Wink's (the orange and blue one) name again? We know Mint and Mellow from this image, but what about her?

EDIT (December 10th): Um, when do you think we should close voting?
Edited by Katach314, Dec 10 2017, 11:06 AM.

vix
Member Avatar

Um, another week or so?

Katach314
Member Avatar
Well, um, see you on the 17th, then... :/
EDIT (December 17th): Well, er... I won the poll, so... I guess they're gonna be clickable emoticons now? :/ Yay...
Edited by Katach314, Dec 17 2017, 10:49 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.