Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Amazing Katamari Damacy appears to be out globally now
Topic Started: Dec 5 2017, 11:42 PM (687 Views)
vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

Saw this in my google alerts tonight:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/12/05/bandai-namco-just-released-amazing-katamari-damacy-endless-runner-katamari-theme/

https://www.destructoid.com/amazing-katamari-damacy-is-now-available-on-android-476386.phtml

I have ios/iphone and it's up in the app store for me via searching.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

You beat me to it. :)

It’ll be fun to see what has changed since the early version I played before.
Not much, actually. :heh (has changed)

The game seems to run a little tiny bit choppy on an iPad Air 1.

I went right ahead and bought the beginner IAP for $2, to support the game but also to see what it meant by “extra scenes.” I think it refers to a few interesting ... scenes you see along the game’s path, including this one:

Posted Image
Edited by slowbro, Dec 6 2017, 04:42 PM.

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

That's cute. But the game is still kind of meh. Dammit, make a new real game already. I messed with it for about ten minutes, it runs kind of choppy on my phone. And I don't really find it fun sadly. Endless runners really don't hold my attention. Oddly, clickers do...I guess cause they tend to have lots of aspects you level up to help progression. But this isn't really my cup of tea sadly. The opening cut scene was adorable though.

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
slowbro

Posted Image
Nonono, this was definitely in past versions. Katach showed me the thrills and chills :glare of AKD, and while I agree with vix that this is an even paler imitation of the Great Cosmos's pastime ( :kingkd wasn't the first royal to wreck the Cosmos, but I don't think anyone ever did it more than one before him; all the better for you guys, I guess) than usual, that arch with YOURS TRULY where she most deserves to be had been there as long as I can remember. The shadows are new, though.

I'm disappointed they didn't add any more cousins. I mean, :drooby was a bit of a long shot (no offence to Droob), but :macho two :ryu hunks are simply not enough! :love

I know how you feel. None of my best friends made the arch either. Then again, we're not too well-known around here, so I guess it was a given...

What?! You again?! Get out! :mad

...Weren't you curious to know who I am?

Yes, but I'm trying to be sociable right now, so I don't have time! So shoo! Scat!

:princess , you didn't let someone in without consent again, did you?

No.

Fine. Let's see here... ooh, vix wants a new game, too! Did you direct her to my KF Expansion Brainstorming/Denial thread?

Ugh, no wonder you're always wondering if people hate you. :glare
Edited by Katach314, Dec 9 2017, 01:10 PM.

slowbro
Member Avatar

I am betting those scenes like the one with the Cousins appear once you've made the beginner IAP. Tonight I made it to the big city, and saw some kind of laser shooting match over a big bridge :eek ... I would guess that's another of those scenes.

On Android I wasn't allowed to make IAP, since my country didn't have the game in the store yet.

Myself I do often like endless runners. :) But like all of us I’d much rather have a bona fide katamari game.
I do enjoy this game, though I doubt I’ll be playing it a huge amount. Even though it’s too controlled (no choice of path) I like the katamari element of “woohoo, I got bigger so now I don’t have to jump over these cans, I can roll them up.”

The things I don’t like are the unskippable Use 1 Fujio task (so you can’t continue with King’s tasks if you don’t connect the game to Facebook) and the ads still appearing after making IAP.
Edited by slowbro, Dec 8 2017, 09:11 PM.

Katach314
Member Avatar
I think you're confusing the stage transitions as extra scenes.

And yeah, I hate the :fujio , too.

:fujio : *SCARY MUSIC*

slowbro
Member Avatar

The stage transitions are the extra scenes ...

Posted Image

The only thing I don't like about that IAP is that if you don't buy it in the first 48 hours then it appears you miss out on the stage transitions permanently, unless you start all over.

... Yeah, that IAP was in the older version I had too, I just didn't buy it. The only changes I see since the old version I had are a few small bug fixes and a retry button that doesn't always work right.

My old videos are in the other Amazing Katamari Damacy thread ... I plan to make a new one once I have all the constellations/objects unlocked. :D That'll take a while.

Katach314
Member Avatar
Oh, I see, I bought that and forgot about it. Never mind, I'm dumb. :heh

I like AKD because I can tell myself that the last katamari game was in 2016, even though I don't classify it as a main series game, so that I don't zero in on the fact that it's been 5-6 years (depending on region) since TMK came out. :lol :crybaby

slowbro
Member Avatar

That makes sense ... I wish I could convince myself we’ve had real katamari content lately. If we got something new at the quality level of Katamari Amore then I’d be a happy slowbro.

If you were dumb then I’d be a m O r O n ... you always post at a higher quality level than I do. :thumbsup You too Princess.

Katach314
Member Avatar
*profuse blushing* Aww, you shouldn't have... Just kidding, you totally should. :D

I think I could be a valuable addition to your little troupe. With a touch of practise, I could even make the avatar :) ...

You AGAIN?! ...Alright, I give up. Who are you?

You don't want to keep it a mystery...? The forumgoers could have a whale of time trying to figure out who I am... I don't think they'd ever guess-

NO. I don't care, just TELL ME ALREADY. :angry

If you say so... Posted Image

Yes, I know what you look like. I'm looking for a name.

Well...
Katach314

Posted Image
Code:

:mint
...No. I'd forgotten all about you! :woot I can't believe it's been so long since that incident in Korea that I completely forgot about you! :D

Um, thanks :/ ... So, am I allowed to stay?

...For now. :glare Let's see what they think of you, first.

Fair enough...

If it make you feel better, slowbro, I can understand being without new katamari challenges for a long time as well...

tldraco
Member Avatar
TEAM COWBEAR
Did anyone else notice how Opeo and Ichigo in your screenshots retained their Katamari Damacy look, but other KD originals like Shikao retain their WLK+ look? Same with Fujio. He keeps his facial hair!

slowbro
Member Avatar

On iOS 11 the app store featured Amazing Katamari Damacy today. :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/story/id1314321832

(spoilered for size)
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by slowbro, Dec 10 2017, 07:24 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Katamari on the Phone · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.