Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Actual way to output Vita video to a PC for capture; but it mods your Vita and costs big bucks
Topic Started: Dec 18 2017, 02:43 PM (335 Views)
slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Heh ...

http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product-list/6

I may finally get to record The Great Journey and other stages. :lol

The price and the Vita-mangling are right on par with the PSP2TV unit I used for MMK recording before the PSP Slim that had HDMI output.

Anyway, slowbro very well may be nutso enough to go this route :wacko :lol ... No, not :nutsuo but nutso. :)

But not right away. Iíd have to save up the money.

edit: Looks like it may only output video with no sound.
Edited by slowbro, Dec 18 2017, 05:28 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

retroblast
Member Avatar
katamari lives!
sound might not be a gigantic issue, i'd like to see some tmk videos from you regardless (especially the dlc stages ! ! ! )

slowbro
Member Avatar

That device has been available since 2013 apparently, so

:doh :doh :doh :lol

I have been looking for a way to output Vita video since 2012. But I had always searched ĎVita to HDMI.í This thing uses USB rather than HDMI, and I had always missed it. :lol

My recorder box does have more input ports I may be able to use, and Vita can output sound to headphones and such, so I may be able to record with video and audio. :)

But in any case, itíll be months before I actually get to upload any TMK videos. First things first ... I e-mailed the capture device company to try to make sure theyíre still selling and installing. :lol

If anyoneís interested, they mod 3DS and some other systems too.
They e-mailed back, and everything sounds good! :D And as far as I can tell around the web, they are a legitimate company that sells and installs products that actually work.

I fully intend to make the purchase in early January. :D :heh Sounds like after that I might get my modded Vita by early February.

:woot
February 14, long-overdue update ...

Last month I :doh Ďed and sent them my Vita with 3G even though their offers said they could only mod a wifi Vita. :lol

They agreed to let me upgrade to having them provide both the Vita and the capture equipment, and I paid the rest of the cost in early February. Hopefully sometime soon theyíll send me a message saying they finished and sent it. :) Iíve got my fingers crossed.

February 15 ... :woot Apparently they shipped it. If all my equipment jives with each other, I may be able to start uploading TMK videos by the end of the month. :)
:woot

I am still working on audio and video quality. Iím recording sound with my tablet PCís microphone, and I downgraded the video quality so my tablet PC could handle recording it well. I may be able to improve those things once a certain cable arrives in the mail.

In the video I didnít grow quite enough in the second-last area, and I didnít get the castle right after the warp mushroom, so I was well below 990m for the double grab, so I finished well below 1005m.

... But I get to record TMK. :woot
Edited by slowbro, Feb 22 2018, 01:28 PM.

retroblast
Member Avatar
katamari lives!
OMG YAAAAAAS I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR NEW VITA VIDEOS! Please do your best to document that game because there aren't very many things about it on the internet!

slowbro
Member Avatar

Thanks. :) My first priorities are DLC #9 The Great Journey, and trying to improve the audio and maybe video. Then Iíd try to record the other DLC stages, then the non-DLC.

Letís hope my equipment holds out long enough. :wacko :lol

Junglekun
Member Avatar
Back to being a badass pirate!
Shame I sold my Vita, then I would try to use these routes myself lol

Great to see som TMK vids from you, Tom :thumbsup

slowbro
Member Avatar

Iíve been adding videos to the TMK Video Vault near the top of the homepage here.

Hereís one some people may like ... Namco had a Twitter promotion where they would add real katamari fans to a DLC stage:

I tried to include as many as I could. If I missed you, woops, sorry. :heh

:)

retroblast
Member Avatar
katamari lives!
Thanks so much for uploading these videos Tom! (And increasing the A/V quality too! As a person who has struggled with that before I completely understand)
I'd thought I'd never see videos of TMK on the web (except for the ones kakatatamamariri recorded a few years ago). I hope you continue to record/document this game as much as possible. :)

slowbro
Member Avatar

... And donít forget we already had the video you made! :)

I wonder if you or anyone else have any ideas for things I should record in Touch My Katamari? In any case, I feel very fortunate that I get to record these :D and thanks for watching.

I am still not actually satisfied with the audiovisual quality, lol, but itís no big deal. Due to my tabletís limitations the video output gets its resolution changed twice, and at one stage itís at less than the Vitaís resolution. My tablet can handle either that or full resolution with a lot of skipped frames. And the audio is monoaural and contains noise.

By Tuesday, hopefully Iíll receive one more cable that might help. It would direct the audio straight into the recording box rather than the computer, hopefully in stereo. And if the computer doesnít have to worry about sound, maybe it can handle full Vita resolution better. :)

So maybe I can improve quality ... now that Iíve probably already recorded most of my TMK videos. :wacko :heh
That last cable I ordered didnít help. I think the best Iíll do for audio is monoaural with some noise. But thatís alright.

Yay, I managed a 1005m on video. :heh

If I had gotten slightly less big in the second-last area, I couldíve been closer to exactly 990m for the King-chair double grab, and I couldíve possibly had a 1005m1cm. And the beginning of the video has rather choppy video. But Iím glad I got to record that. :D
late March ...

My cheap little external sound card is no longer communicating with my computer, plus Iíve got real life things going on, so I wonít be adding more TMK videos for the time being. Iíd still like to make a few more, like some more stages in Eternal mode and more 1005m videos ( :heh ), but if I donít, I am very glad I got to do a pretty good job of documenting this game in videos. :D
Yay, Iíve got a working USB sound card again so I can add a few more videos. :)

This oneís just a bit of silliness based on misheard lyrics ...

:heh One of my favorite parts of playing The Great Journey is when the King (or at least the singer) sings ďCow yeah!Ē

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
Cow yEEEaaah, MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOooooooooo ( :cowbear :cowbear yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!)

Now that I think about it, it's probably the Cowbear on vocals.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · TMK Hall of Fame · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.