Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Should we have Amazing Katamari Damacy videos in the Video Vault?
Yes 2 (50%)
No 0 (0%)
Either way is fine 2 (50%)
Total Votes: 4
Should we have Tap My Katamari videos in the Video Vault?
Yes 2 (50%)
No 0 (0%)
Either way is fine 2 (50%)
Total Votes: 4
Poll: Should our Video Vault include katamari clicker videos and katamari endless runner videos?
Topic Started: Jan 27 2018, 10:08 PM (137 Views)
slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Our Video Vault is a part of the Katamari Database, a feature KotW has included for years.

vix just renovated the mobile part of the Video Vault into sub-subforums for each game, since slowbro has spent the last week flooding it with new content (only for the mobile games) ...

Within this activity, a question came up as to whether the Video Vault should include Tap My Katamari and/or Amazing Katamari Damacy content. slowbro is usually the only one who adds mobile katamari videos, and in his pokemon mind the clicker and endless runner aren’t really what he considers katamari games, so he hasn’t added his four Tap My Katamari videos or his three Amazing Katamari Damacy videos.

But they are, you know, official Bandai Namco katamari products, so slowbro decided to ask everybody if we should include these games’ videos. If we do, I think they’d go in the section called “Mobile Vault”, not in their own sections.

Probably after about a week I’ll act on whatever we decide. :china

By the way, if anyone here has your own videos you’d like to have added to the Video Vault, mobile or otherwise, let vix or me know! :)
Woops :lol I ended up with three polls. vix, maybe you could delete the first one, the one naming both games?
... Thanks vix! :)
Edited by slowbro, Jan 27 2018, 11:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
I voted yes for both, because I feel we could always use a little more katamari around here. :D

"Tap My Katamari"? What was that?

It was awful. Everyone had to sit on surprisingly-uncomfortable clouds and unceasingly cheer on :prince (who looked every bit as bored as us :glare ) as he cheerlessly rolled a katamari around the same place for eons. I wasn't excited like usual when we restored the Cosmos ( :king only screwed up a little that time, thank the creator), just relieved.

I hardly see anyone but my family and you guys nowadays... that actually sounds kind of fun...

You want to spend days trying to grow 10cm? Be my guest.

slowbro
Member Avatar

Yeah ... Tap My Katamari may be kinda hokey from a lot of perspectives ... the Cousins’ ... anybody who wants some action in their game ...

I enjoyed it. :)

It seems like I remember something like a 30m katamari rolling for days through the same garden ...

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

"Either way is fine" with me. :D

slowbro
Member Avatar

I am sure this is a super-unimportant “issue” I’m asking for help deciding here. :lol

I sure wouldn’t be against including the videos; I actually like Tap My Katamari and Amazing Katamari Damacy though not as much as ILK, KA and probably RWK. And they’re official katamari products and all.

The only argument I see against it would be a ‘purity’ issue or something ... How would Keita Takahashi feel if he stopped by the Video Vault and saw something so far removed from his original vision of katamari :cold (not that that would happen, but you know ... ).

Anyway, I’m another “Either way is fine.” :)
Edited by slowbro, Jan 28 2018, 09:52 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

To be fair, didn't Takahashi not even want to make WLK?

slowbro
Member Avatar

Yup, I remember hearing that.

I was probably being pretty silly, bringing the katamari creator into a minor discussion. :lol

vix
Member Avatar

Oh, no worries. I didn't mean it harshly or anything like that. :)

slowbro
Member Avatar

Yup I know. :roll :)
Two katamari fans have spoken :D and the seven videos are up. :)

I wasn’t entirely consistent with our Video Vault’s usual style of thread names. I didn’t shorten the games’ names, and I only said “by slowbro” for the two where the gameplay was significant. If we should rename them that would be fine. :)

vix
Member Avatar

Looks good to me. Thanks! :china :applause :thumbsup

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Katamari on the Phone · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.