Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Katamari Damacy & We love Katamari soundfiles; I extracted them from the Playstation 2 DVDs
Topic Started: Apr 17 2018, 04:48 PM (408 Views)
earlcash05
Member Avatar
Sound make me less sad.
Hi there, it's been a while ^^

So today I decided to extract soundfiles of Katamari Damacy & We Love Katamari and it's been fruitful, about 7Gb.

I'll upload them on sounds-resource.com and if not on MEGA.

Stay tuned.
Edited by earlcash05, Apr 17 2018, 04:51 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

Very cool :D and itís great to see you around here.

FoominFan
Member Avatar
Moment Generating Function

Looking forward to this - thanks! Nice to see you around again :)

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
Awesome. How do you do this sort of stuff? Can other files, such as text strings and item models, be extracted like this?

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

Very cool indeed. Keep us posted! Maybe it's stuff we can add to the database.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

earlcash05
Member Avatar
Sound make me less sad.
Katach314
Apr 17 2018, 09:10 PM
Awesome. How do you do this sort of stuff? Can other files, such as text strings and item models, be extracted like this?
My bad, I should have started with this... it's very simple, I used this software : www.zophar.net/utilities/psxutil/psound-soundreaver2

I'm not sure about item models but there are many other softwares on the website, dig it.

Katach314
Member Avatar
It's funny because sadness
FYI, I was able to find a way to rip PS2 models/textures here. A cursory search for finding text strings (just think how useful a full transcript of each game would be :drool ...) turned up nothing. :(
Edited by Katach314, Apr 20 2018, 09:41 PM.

earlcash05
Member Avatar
Sound make me less sad.

All Katamari Damacy soundfiles : https://mega.nz/#F!A1whmQyB!ZHPNxzRg8wj_dXNXA6X7yw

Folders content :

DUMMY = unused sounds
FILE_00 = cutscenes
FILE_01 = ingame / menu sounds
SLUS_210.08 = low-pitched ingame sounds (a programer joke I guess)
We Love Katamari soundfiles : https://mega.nz/#F!Yko11YQJ!Z-7esS2LI4YrbO_6BsZfrg

FILE_00 = cutscenes
FILE_01 = Music and ambiences (select meadow 2 tracks are 20 minutes long!)
FILE_02 = ingame & menu sounds
SLES_538 = low-pitched ingame sonds
Edited by earlcash05, Jun 6 2018, 03:36 PM.

hotdogturtle
Member Avatar
Katamari
Now this is content that I want to see. I downloaded the WLK ingame/menu files to check out first (I'll work my way through the larger downloads later). I was hoping that aside from the menu sounds, it would have all of the roll-up sounds. It does... sort of. Everything is in there, but it's super sped up. (Also there are probably like 10 duplicates of every sound in the file, but that's a whole other question...). So does the game slow them down when they play or something? Did they do this to save space considering how many sounds there are? Or are the normal versions of the sounds somewhere else (and if so, what purpose do these ones serve?)? I wish we knew more about this.

There's a small section that I found in the middle of the list (among the duplicates) that does have the normal speed versions of some sounds. But it's only, like, a few dozen of them, not the hundreds of others. Very strange.

Edit: Ok, I finally made it through the BGM files (3.18 GB for 37 files is rough, I forgot how big wavs were...). All of the songs are looped, except for the ones that don't loop ingame. Every song that has vocals has the instrumental version included after the loop, which some of us may have already known about. Several of the songs seem to loop more than twice, but I'm not sure why some do and some don't. Most of the non-vocal ones have multiple loops, and some of the vocal ones too, but other vocal ones just have a single vocal+non-vocal loop and that's it.

Now, the main reason that I wanted to download this... Katamari on the Rocks is in the game. Some time last year I saw a stream where someone was playing WLK and they had Katamari on the Rocks as a selectable song. Never seen it before, didn't know if it was some regional thing (do any of you know anything about that?) but it's been eating me up for a year since then. Now I have confirmation that the song is in fact in the game data, although still not accessible (as far as I know).
Edited by hotdogturtle, Jun 10 2018, 07:17 PM.

earlcash05
Member Avatar
Sound make me less sad.
I extracted from the PAL (french) version.

hotdogturtle
Member Avatar
Katamari
Is it selectable in regular gameplay in that version? That was one of my theories.

Also, before I download it, does Lonely Rolling Star in KD have an instrumental version? I know that it doesn't in normal gameplay, but I'm wondering if the song files are set up like WLK's before I spend time downloading the whole thing.

earlcash05
Member Avatar
Sound make me less sad.
Yes, Katamari on the Rocks (both original & beatbox version) is selectable.

There isn't any instrumental version of tracks in KD soundfiles, only full tracks.

crealol2
Member Avatar
The guy who does katamaris over there.
Quick question: Which file(s) is/are the rollup sound? I know it's somewhere in FILE_02, but I have no time to sift through all 7075 sound effects.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tea with the King · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.