Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[MMK Help] Missing a Screw in the Toolbox; The rare screw, not the Philips-head screw
Topic Started: Jun 24 2018, 12:25 AM (75 Views)
Curry7Damacy
Member Avatar
Stardust
I'm working on completing the Me & My Katamari collection, and I noticed that I still need an object in the Tools category. I found that I have everything in this category outside of the Toolbox. I opened the toolbox, and I saw that my only missing item is RARE. I read the list on Gamefaqs and found out that I'm missing a screw. I have the Phillips-head screw, but not the rare screw. I have rolled around in the model shop multiple times and still cannot find it. Does anyone know where it is, or am I just screwed? :D
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

Does something like the Model Shop sound right? I did a search on the board and that's the best bet I got but it's been years since I played MMK and I don't even remember what the Model Shop is. A level section perhaps? Play a level where you start small and start indoors and start in something like a Model Shop?

Just found this from searching a bit more:

Quote:

MODEL SHOP - indoor area with a guy polishing a fish statue and with Havana
Turtle Stage Eternal, Octopus Stage, Polar Bear Stage

I realize that's not exactly helpful, but it might be something.

Curry7Damacy
Member Avatar
Stardust
Thank you, I've been accessing the Model Shop from the Eternal Turtle Stage because it's not a level that warps you when you hit a certain size, so I haven't tried the other two stages. Maybe it only shows up in those and not the Turtle stage. :| I will give them a try.

Edit:I got the Screw! It was in the Octopus stage, right behind where I started at. Now I have everything in the Tools category, but now I'm going for two things in the Science category: the Compass and the Globe. I know the compass is in the Model Shop, so I tried the Octopus stage again, but it wasn't there :( So I will now try the Polar Bear stage. Hopefully it will be there.
Edited by Curry7Damacy, Jun 24 2018, 08:10 PM.

vix
Member Avatar

Both items were listed in the hard to find item list for MMK. ;) Also, don't edit your post, otherwise no one will know it's been edited. Feel free to double post, it'll auto-merge your posts and bump the topic.

Try this for the compass:

Compass
Level: Model Shop - 7cm3mm
How To Find: There is a row of them at the edge of a table.

Again, try using the same levels I posted above.

Globe
Level: Sweets Stage - 61cm0mm
How To Find: get really big and go upstairs

Curry7Damacy
Member Avatar
Stardust
Thank you again, I have found these items and a few more. I'm now looking for a classic object, but I'm pretty sure I'll find it soon. If not, I will post again.

vix
Member Avatar

Good, good. Give us a shout if you need more help. :)

Curry7Damacy
Member Avatar
Stardust
:yay I have completed the first two pages of the Me & My Katamari collection! :yay

Now I have an item in the Seating category that I'm looking for. It's the Flush Toilet, which is in Sakura Town. (not the Japanese-style toilet or just the Toilet, but the Flush Toilet.) I've replayed the Canary Stage in both Eternal and Normal modes and still can't find it, unfortunately.

slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

I think I found the right toilet, in Sakura Town. Past the 75cm barrier, there’s a bathroom setup off one of the roads (well, off one of the pathways toward the far back). The Flush Toilet is a short little thing in the middle stall.

Curry7Damacy
Member Avatar
Stardust

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · MMK Help · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.