Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Katamari on the Web. A one stop shop for all your Katamari needs. If you can't or don't want to register, feel free to use the guest forum if you need game help. Registering obviously gives you deeper access to the board and to more features such as access to scoreboards, profile customization, clubs, and polls to name a few. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid e-mail is required to register.

Roll with us? Join here!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[TwtK] Some recent mobile katamari-like games; videos
Topic Started: Jun 26 2018, 10:02 PM (93 Views)
slowbro
Member Avatar
way too silly :S

I have had the chance to play an abundance of games reminiscent of katamari in recent months. Although some of them have disappeared from the stores since. Maybe they disappear for copyright reasons...

Anyway, hereís an early version of Kunkong, an Android katamari clone I thought had a lot of potential (before it disappeared):

Sticky Rolls is pretty fun and still available I think:

I love Be Boulder, a really fresh take on sticky ball rolling in my opinion, but it didnít last long before it was removed (itís back :woot ) :

And apparently Hole.io is now infamous for ripping off Donut Countyís concept. I enjoy it kind of as a procedurally-generated 2-minute katamari stage (probably without any real multiplayer):

Edited by slowbro, Jun 27 2018, 09:40 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

vix
Member Avatar
Run you clever boy and remember...

I saw Hole.io but opted to skip it for now. Looked nifty, totally reminded me of the city sections from katamari.

slowbro
Member Avatar

Woohoo, Be Boulder is back on the iOS app store. :D

ERm
Member Avatar
Stardust
I played Be Boulder and it was fun, just got boring pretty quickly :ichigo
I tried hole.io too and I think theyre both great for just mindlessness like if your waiting in line or just dont feel like doing anything :honey

slowbro
Member Avatar

Hahahaha, yeah these are pretty mindless games, perfect for me. And welcome to KotW :D in this strange time when we are moving but thankfully not disappearing.

After an update Be Boulder is back :woot and has new content:

Iíll show a couple more games, not quite as much like katamari, but that might appeal to katamari fans:

Rock of Destruction is fun but has lots of ads. I like jumping over barriers I canít break through yet. :D

And Nekodama Korogashi is a truly bizarre Android game. :D

... Oh, for anyone who hasnít come across it yet, hereís a fun one, Cartoon Networkís game Giant Boulder of Death:

Edited by slowbro, Jul 4 2018, 11:36 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Tea with the King · Next Topic »
Add Reply

This page has been viewed times.
KotW was created on March 8th, 2005 and the above counter has been tracking stats since November 22nd, 2005.
Katamari is a copyright of Namco, we don't own it or claim to own it. Fanart, smilies, etc. are copyright of it's respective members, unless given permission by the
author, usage is prohibited. This website is used for entertainment purposes only.