Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to L Anonymous.

Click here to register. If you're already a member please log in to your account to be able to post:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mariska Hargitay; love her or love to hate her
Topic Started: Mar 21 2008, 10:49 AM (92,011 Views)
Unregistered

Nov 19 2008, 08:49 AM
Nov 19 2008, 07:46 AM
Nov 19 2008, 01:52 AM
Or have I missed the point where this thread has turned into aJocelyn Wildenstein-thread...?
Soon she'll be there if she doesn't watch out.

Posted Image
Oh, come on... I am sure she does botox but it'll take years to reach the Kidman-level...
Looks fine too me. I'd do her. :)
^I'm with you.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Has anyone seen this weeks SVU episode?

Posted Image

More caps here: http://www.hey-jealousy.net/svu/s10/wildlife/index.html
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I saw it and I have to agree with what someone on DL said...even being undercover as a prostitute, Olivia can't pull off chemistry with a man. Then again, we all know this is Mariska who can't pull off the chemistry with even longtime costar Chris Meloni. Mariska was supposed to be portraying a hooker and she just came off as awkward pressed up against Meloni and the delivery was entirely flat. I must say she looked good in that bra, though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^I agree entirely, r1003. Olivia as Stabler's hooker was laughable. I'm surprised they didn't make Mariska reshoot the scene. The sexual chemistry was dead. If Mariska can't pull off some semblance of sexual chemistry with Meloni for a hooker/client scene, then you know she wouldn't be able to pull it off if the producers ever decided to go the E/O route.

To those who aren't aware of the context: as you can probably tell, this isn't an E/O scene. Stabler was undercover to catch the perpetrators of some wildlife smuggling ring. The perps used exotic animals to kill people and Olivia came by to deliver some info from Cragen, I believe. Stabler pretended to want in on the smuggling ring and the perps had threatened to kill him if anything went wrong. The perps came in on the middle of their meeting and Olivia had to do some quick thinking to save Elliot's life, so she undressed in the bathroom and came out as a prostitute.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 21 2008, 02:02 PM
I saw it and I have to agree with what someone on DL said...even being undercover as a prostitute, Olivia can't pull off chemistry with a man. Then again, we all know this is Mariska who can't pull off the chemistry with even longtime costar Chris Meloni. Mariska was supposed to be portraying a hooker and she just came off as awkward pressed up against Meloni and the delivery was entirely flat. I must say she looked good in that bra, though.
I disagree. Hargitay and Meloni have great chemistry. It's just not sexual.

As for that scene, they both looked awkward. I don't think there was supposed to be anything sexual about it. They were just two cops trying to get out of a difficult situation.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 21 2008, 02:42 PM

As for that scene, they both looked awkward. I don't think there was supposed to be anything sexual about it. They were just two cops trying to get out of a difficult situation.
Clearly you misunderstand my post. I wasn't talking about their chemistry together as actors or detectives. I was talking about their lack of SEXUAL chemistry, hence why I kept emphasizing she was a prostitute and pressed up against Elliot's body. It's also why I threw in the thing about Mariska not having "chemistry with a man," I thought it was implied that I was talking about when they paired her up with men (sexually/romantically) on the show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

*that I was talking about=when I was talking about
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 21 2008, 02:02 PM

Ok....

1. MH appeared in a bra.. = nice, very nice
2. MH appeared in a bra.. = nice, very nice... ooops, sorry.. mentioned that before..

*cough_hot_cough*

Ahem... Seriously, they were not supposed to play lovers. Totally agree with you. Hargitay and Meloni do have chemistry. Like best buddy chemistry. And that' what their storylines are all about.

3. MH in a... ok, I'll shut up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 12:47 AM
Ahem... Seriously, they were not supposed to play lovers. Totally agree with you. Hargitay and Meloni do have chemistry. Like best buddy chemistry. And that' what their storylines are all about.

I already clarified that I wasn't talking about "buddy" type chemistry in my statement. No, they weren't playing lovers per se, but they were illustrating themselves in a sexual scene and thus, you would've expected Olivia to be convincing as a prostitute and some sexual sparks to fly, and none did. They were not supposed to be illustrating "best buddy" chemistry in that particular scene. If that was the goal, it would've gotten them both murdered. It was supposed to look "real" enough to the bad guys so they wouldn't kill them and all I'm saying is that she came off as very awkward.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 12:47 AM
Seriously, they were not supposed to play lovers.
Just what exactly do you think a prostitute servicing a man is supposed to convey? You think they were supposed to be portraying themselves as best buddies in that particular scene?

That type of chemistry is not what *that* particular storyline was about and you know it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I don't think there was supposed to be anything sexual about it.
Are you purposely trying to be obtuse when you say that?

What isn't supposed to be sexual about a freaking hooker all over a man?

They were not the cops Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler in that scene. At that moment, they were trying to be convincing as Mike and his hooker he'd hired for the night.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 02:05 AM
Are you purposely trying to be obtuse when you say that?

What isn't supposed to be sexual about a freaking hooker all over a man?

They were not the cops Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler in that scene. At that moment, they were trying to be convincing as Mike and his hooker he'd hired for the night.
Yeah, my sentiments exactly. We're not talking about a regular crime scene between the two of them here, we're talking about an intended SEX scene. Mariska Hargitay still proves she has no sexual chemistry with a man, even when it's appropriate.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The scene was suppose to be awkward in the way that they are both cops and are friends. As actors, they will play with that concept. They played it the way two people who are close/brother/sister would act in that fake scenario.

In all honestly, I find that it's gays and lesbians who are the majority of people who say "so and so have no chemistry because their is GAY!!" Just because they are gay doesn't mean they cant have chemistry with the other sex. It's almost like some people are treated by this. Having chemistry with the opposite sex doesn't make you any less gay. If people want actors to come out of the closet, they need to stop doing this, it limits what roles real gay and lesbian actors get. Our own community puts up these blocks. Ok that went a little off topic.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 09:40 AM
The scene was suppose to be awkward in the way that they are both cops and are friends. As actors, they will play with that concept. They played it the way two people who are close/brother/sister would act in that fake scenario.

In all honestly, I find that it's gays and lesbians who are the majority of people who say "so and so have no chemistry because their is GAY!!" Just because they are gay doesn't mean they cant have chemistry with the other sex. It's almost like some people are treated by this. Having chemistry with the opposite sex doesn't make you any less gay. If people want actors to come out of the closet, they need to stop doing this, it limits what roles real gay and lesbian actors get. Our own community puts up these blocks. Ok that went a little off topic.
No, that's not the way the scene was supposed to be at all. Mariska has already given interviews where she claims that Olivia and Elliot have so much sexual chemistry that is "loaded and layered," so if Mariska claims that the sexual chemistry is there between them, you would expect to see it in that scene where nothing separates them more than their underwear. They wouldn't have purposely tried to make it awkward because of that reason and also because "playing" with that concept would've gotten their brains blown out. When you're in that scenario, you're trying to make it seem as real as possible to save your lives.

No one said Mariska Hargitay can't have sexual chemistry with a man because she's gay. There are plenty of gay actors who have chemistry with women and lesbian actresses who are capable of having chemistry with a man. She doesn't have chemistry with a man because for some reason, she can't individually pull it off. She clearly didn't get an Emmy because of her love scenes; she got it for her role as Olivia Benson the detective. You went off on a completely unnecessary tangent.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 09:40 AM

Um...I don't know about you, but even if it was me with my actual brother, I'd do whatever it took to save his life and mine. You better believe I'd make it seem as authentic as possible. That would've been one steamy scene. This is a life and death situation. When you're in that kind of situation, the qualms that you are brother/sister or close or whatever go out the window and the adrenaline kicks in. You have to weigh what's worse in that exact moment: making it look like I'm really a hooker who has just finished with her client or acting all weird because we're actually really close in real life. People have had to do a lot worse to save their lives.

^Didn't know about Mariska claiming they had sexual chemistry either. Well, if she said that, she's absolutely full of it. Clearly she's just trying to push for E/O because she wants to stifle the gay rumors. She and Meloni have zero sexual chemistry and saying it's there for their characters doesn't make it so.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 11:08 AM
^Didn't know about Mariska claiming they had sexual chemistry either. Well, if she said that, she's absolutely full of it. Clearly she's just trying to push for E/O because she wants to stifle the gay rumors. She and Meloni have zero sexual chemistry and saying it's there for their characters doesn't make it so.
Well, I don't put much stock into what Mariska says (obviously because of the closeted, married "I'm so in love with Peter" ruse). This is the same woman who said she begged the producers for a boyfriend for five years and we all know how that turned out when she got him. I just mentioned it because it debunks the notion that this is what the "actors" were somehow thinking. Maybe Meloni thinks it, but we're not talking about him, we're talking about Mariska Hargitay and what she has said about her character. Mariska hasn't claimed that they are just like brother/sister or cops and friends only, but she has claimed that they are cops with a sexual undercurrent running between them.

But regardless, neither of them would've purposely tried to make the scene look awkward. Making it look awkward would've alerted the perps that she wasn't really a hooker and would've meant imminent death for at least Elliot (if not both of them).
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 11:31 AM
But regardless, neither of them would've purposely tried to make the scene look awkward. Making it look awkward would've alerted the perps that she wasn't really a hooker and would've meant imminent death for at least Elliot (if not both of them).
I agree.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The only purpose of that scene was to get those two half naked in a room together for November sweeps. It was totally ridiculous. But just to be fair, I don't think she's the only one at fault. He seemed just as rigid and uncomfortable as she did. IMO, they both sucked.
It was a needless scene and a very stupid episode. Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed every second of seeing Mariska in her bra but since when has Law and Order become a soap opera? Can someone explain to me why a sex crimes detective was investigating animal smuggling? They've turned this show into a comedy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The only people that don't think Liv and Stabler don't have unresolved sexual tension are gay people. The other poster is absolutely right that gay people are exactly the reason that gay actors don't want to come out, not straight people or homophobes. Mariska is a good actress, not great, nothing special, and she's entirely able of portraying attraction to a man. The only people that think she isn't are gays.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 04:31 PM
The only people that don't think Liv and Stabler don't have unresolved sexual tension are gay people. The only people that think she isn't are gays.
Wrong on both accounts. There are plenty of straight people who 1. don't think there's anything other than brother/sister chemistry between Elliot and Olivia and 2. don't think she has ever had sexual chemistry with any male fling on the show (or in her other roles, for that matter). Stop talking out of your ass and putting this all on gay people. That's like only saying that gay people think Mariska's gay. It's bullshit.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mariska very well might be able to portray attraction to a man, but so far, I haven't seen that in her real life or in any romantic roles I've seen her in (which is just about everything she's done).
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

what time and day is SVU on? I haven't watched it in ages.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 04:31 PM
The only people that don't think Liv and Stabler don't have unresolved sexual tension are gay people. The other poster is absolutely right that gay people are exactly the reason that gay actors don't want to come out, not straight people or homophobes. Mariska is a good actress, not great, nothing special, and she's entirely able of portraying attraction to a man. The only people that think she isn't are gays.
Multiple forums on the internet with straight people on them would disagree with you. In fact, there are several people who are against the idea of Elliot and Olivia being romantically involved and think it's a contrived notion. Don't make blanket statements or sweeping generalizations when you haven't done your research.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 04:43 PM
what time and day is SVU on? I haven't watched it in ages.
In the US, it comes on NBC at 10 PM EST.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^Oh, on Tuesdays. Forgot that part.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^ thanks for the day/time

Oh, re the Olivia/Stabler thing. Even though he is kind of sexy for a man, I think it is possible the sexual chemistry thing is not completely doable is because he comes off as mostly being in love with himself!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 04:45 PM
Multiple forums on the internet with straight people on them would disagree with you. In fact, there are several people who are against the idea of Elliot and Olivia being romantically involved and think it's a contrived notion. Don't make blanket statements or sweeping generalizations when you haven't done your research.
I'm a member of several SVU sites, and most of the crowd that thinks there's something sexual between Elliot and Olivia are teenyboppers and young adults. They just happen to be loud and vocal, which is why Ausiello and other members of the media jumped on the bandwagon to exploit the "are they, aren't they" issue. There are some older adults who support E/O, but most of the adults I've seen do think there's nothing more than a brother/sister, best friend vibe between them, which is the way the producers originally said they intended it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 04:56 PM
I'm a member of several SVU sites, and most of the crowd that thinks there's something sexual between Elliot and Olivia are teenyboppers and young adults. They just happen to be loud and vocal, which is why Ausiello and other members of the media jumped on the bandwagon to exploit the "are they, aren't they" issue. There are some older adults who support E/O, but most of the adults I've seen do think there's nothing more than a brother/sister, best friend vibe between them, which is the way the producers originally said they intended it.
This is true. Three of the largest forums (and the ones often paid the most attention to) are the USA Network, NBC.com, and tv.com forums and about 90% of the population is made up of teenagers who are E/O shippers who all type like retards. Anyone who has ever been to either of those three can tell you what a cesspool they are. You lose brain cells just trying to read half the posts. But there are plenty of other forums with older, more intelligent members and they completely disagree with their sentiments.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The problem is that there are still too many people who see a hot man and hot woman on TV and think that they just have to have sexual chemistry/tension because it's what they want to see and because they think that two beautiful leads should automatically be together. They are incapable of thinking outside the box when it comes to this.

It never fails. Just look at almost any current and past TV show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

what are E/O shippers?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 05:17 PM
what are E/O shippers?
People who want Elliot and Olivia to hook up.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 05:08 PM
This is true. Three of the largest forums (and the ones often paid the most attention to) are the USA Network, NBC.com, and tv.com forums and about 90% of the population is made up of teenagers who are E/O shippers who all type like retards. Anyone who has ever been to either of those three can tell you what a cesspool they are. You lose brain cells just trying to read half the posts. But there are plenty of other forums with older, more intelligent members and they completely disagree with their sentiments.
Those three sites are rampant with homophobia. Even the slightest mention of non-hetero ships or the suggestion that Olivia might be gay or bisexual is met mostly with derision and cries of "Eww, that's so gross! Liv doesn't like women! She loves Elliot" and other juvenile nonsense. I've even seen some members throw religion in and go so far to say that they would boycott the show if Olivia was ever portrayed with a female.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 05:28 PM
Those three sites are rampant with homophobia. Even the slightest mention of non-hetero ships or the suggestion that Olivia might be gay or bisexual is met mostly with derision and cries of "Eww, that's so gross! Liv doesn't like women! She loves Elliot" and other juvenile nonsense. I've even seen some members throw religion in and go so far to say that they would boycott the show if Olivia was ever portrayed with a female.
Yeah, some threads have actually had to get shut down or a mod has had to step in. Most people just stay away from the gay/bi stuff and it's generally the E/O status quo most of the time.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Not only those forums. Also on Youtube.

I actually once created an Youtube account by the name "Mariskaisgay" and made 1 comment on one video. Damn, these bitches are crazy. Someone even wrote "Peter isn't gay, he's a model" (other responses included the "Mariska isn't nasty like that" type)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 05:41 PM
Not only those forums. Also on Youtube.

I actually once created an Youtube account by the name "Mariskaisgay" and made 1 comment on one video. Damn, these bitches are crazy. Someone even wrote "Peter isn't gay, he's a model" (other responses included the "Mariska isn't nasty like that" type)
Oh, yeah. I think Youtube is probably the worst site on the internet, not for the videos but for the comments. Sometimes I wish comments were disabled because the ignorance on so many issues (not just LGBT) is through the roof.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I used to be a 'shipper', and I'm certainly not a teeny bopper! The problem is .. Olivia doesn't have any spark with any man. Not like she did with Alex ... that is for sure.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 22 2008, 04:54 PM
Even though he is kind of sexy for a man, I think it is possible the sexual chemistry thing is not completely doable is because he comes off as mostly being in love with himself!
I totally agree. Neither one of them are capable of portraying sexual chemistry with the opposite sex.
There are several threads about Meloni on DL that say that he is so much in love with himself that it comes off as a real turnoff.
The only real chemistry he ever had was with his male costars on the HBO series.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Scary thing is the nastiest fangurls are not even girls, but adult married women. Makes me wonder what kind of Neanderthals they are married to, that they spend their time drooling over Chris. The closest they will ever get to him is if some other woman gets it on with him - their obsession with Benson being nothing more than juvenile transference.

The teenagers I can live with, we are all saw things passionately and black and white and intolerantly at that age - the ones who are old enough to know better - I just don't get it. Really curious to know if this fan base was around in any numbers before Oliska turned up.

The young and the fanatically blind would explain how any of the E/O thing is even flying. There is something rabidly self-entitled about their ownership of their stars and characters on that show being 100% pure heterosexual. Make sure you're wearing your hard hat if you dare to suggest that subtext is in the eye of the beholder.

Bottom line - it would drive me batshit crazy knowing my most loyal fans are only there because they think everything surrounding me is straight. Fans who offensively dump on gay fans just because they want to share some of the subtext. I'd be ashamed to have them as my fans.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 03:01 AM
Scary thing is the nastiest fangurls are not even girls, but adult married women. Makes me wonder what kind of Neanderthals they are married to, that they spend their time drooling over Chris. The closest they will ever get to him is if some other woman gets it on with him - their obsession with Benson being nothing more than juvenile transference.

The teenagers I can live with, we are all saw things passionately and black and white and intolerantly at that age - the ones who are old enough to know better - I just don't get it. Really curious to know if this fan base was around in any numbers before Oliska turned up.

The young and the fanatically blind would explain how any of the E/O thing is even flying. There is something rabidly self-entitled about their ownership of their stars and characters on that show being 100% pure heterosexual. Make sure you're wearing your hard hat if you dare to suggest that subtext is in the eye of the beholder.

Bottom line - it would drive me batshit crazy knowing my most loyal fans are only there because they think everything surrounding me is straight. Fans who offensively dump on gay fans just because they want to share some of the subtext. I'd be ashamed to have them as my fans.
May I stand up and give you an ovation? Because everything in your post was just SPOT ON.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^ I agree with all of that, too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 03:04 AM
May I stand up and give you an ovation? Because everything in your post was just SPOT ON.
Thank you. It's certainly been education looking at the forum boards.

Worse than the self-righteous stance is the blind devotion that has them screaming 'Emmy!' every time Mariska sheds a tear. They're really enjoying seeing her deal with her so-called PTSD and I find that disturbing. I can only guess they're hoping that she will finally seek out Elliot's shoulder to cry on and anything that gets her to that desperate point is fine by them.

I think that is the definition of shallow.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 04:31 AM
Thank you. It's certainly been education looking at the forum boards.

Worse than the self-righteous stance is the blind devotion that has them screaming 'Emmy!' every time Mariska sheds a tear. They're really enjoying seeing her deal with her so-called PTSD and I find that disturbing. I can only guess they're hoping that she will finally seek out Elliot's shoulder to cry on and anything that gets her to that desperate point is fine by them.

I think that is the definition of shallow.

Agreed. Sad and shallow.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Meanwhile, I think we're all agreed we never want to see MH playing a prostitute again.
I'm trying very hard to think of a more unconvincing portrayal......nope can't think of one.

Clearly manly muscly almost naked Chris was not enough motivate her to overcome her obvious distaste for the tacky script.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Maybe she was grossed out by being so close to his, um, maleness, with very little between them...
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 05:50 AM
Maybe she was grossed out by being so close to his, um, maleness, with very little between them...
What was classic was the look of sheer terror on her face when confronted with that penis in the episode "Undercover" from last season. Now THAT was Emmy acting material.

And before the humorless lesbians start in, yes, yes, I know she would've had that reaction to almost getting raped, I'm just having fun here.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I wish the powers that be would play to MH's strengths (and we KNOW what those are) and not keep trying to shove Hetero Benson down our throats.

Bring back Alex!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 03:01 AM
I'm sure Mariska is aware of that. Or her people (they even knew about the threads on Datalounge so I'm sure they check out other forums). And it makes me even more sad that she/her people don't do anything about it. She even plays into it by making comments like "I was begging for a boyfriend for 5 years" and "Olivia doesn't have a family with husband and children" or some bullshit like that.

Really Mariska, did you have to sell out (a part of) yourself for a few bucks and some fame? Was that worth it?

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

they even knew about the threads on Datalounge

Did they? How do you know?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 09:50 AM
Did they? How do you know?
Not that poster, but for one, the SVU Boomtech said Mariska and her people knew about Datalounge and the Debate club. He said Mariska even visited Datalounge and was "worried about her image." I'm sure she and her people made it their business to check up on DL and as with all the other popular closeted celebs on that site, her PR was sometimes working overtime. It seemed pretty obvious from some of the desperate posts.

Two, I know Mariska's behavior drastically changed after threads and info about her kinda blew up on DL. I don't think it's a coincidence that she felt the need to get on Conan to denounce the gay rumors right after things began spreading like wildfire from DL to other places on the net.

Three, there have been things said on DL in past years about Mariska that ended up mysteriously being addressed in interviews or on her website shortly afterwards.

Four, there were mentions of DL during the bitchfights about her sexuality on Mariska's website forum before it got too outta hand and she deleted her forum (around December 2005).
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

By the way, I remember there was a girl who came on Mariska's forum claiming to have a friend who said Mariska was a lesbian and out to her family and close friends. She got on the forum and scolded her saying that she hoped her board would not be used for gossip. It was the only time I'd seen Mariska chastise someone herself.

Shortly after that, the forum was shut down.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^^thanks.

I'm the poster who wrote that about Mariska knowing DL and you wrote all of those 'reasons' down.

Another far-fetched reason: After the Marcia fiasko every media mentioned the website Datalounge and I think that called attention to some closeted stars, their people and their fans. And probably also Mariska if she didn't already know about it (which I think she did).

But one thing is weird: the girl in her forum said that she is out to friends and family, whereas the one poster here, whose friend dated her for a short while, said that she wasn't out to her father. Which one is true?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 03:02 PM
But one thing is weird: the girl in her forum said that she is out to friends and family, whereas the one poster here, whose friend dated her for a short while, said that she wasn't out to her father. Which one is true?
Well, the insider one definitely rang true, that's for sure.

However, they both could be true, depending on the time frame. The insider said that her friend dated Mariska four or five years ago. At the time, Mariska still may not have been out to her dad and stepmom. It was late 2005 when the girl on Mariska's forum said that she had a friend who knew Mariska was out to them, so perhaps by that time she'd actually told them. It also may have been a reason Mariska decided to actually get married (if her father knew and was pressuring her to have a husband if she wanted a child). If what the girl said was true, there's also a chance that by "family" Mariska could have just been out to her siblings. It's rumored that one of her brothers is gay anyway.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 09:07 PM
Nov 24 2008, 03:02 PM
Well, the insider one definitely rang true, that's for sure.

However, they both could be true, depending on the time frame. The insider said that her friend dated Mariska four or five years ago. At the time, Mariska still may not have been out to her dad and stepmom. It was late 2005 when the girl on Mariska's forum said that she had a friend who knew Mariska was out to them, so perhaps by that time she'd actually told them. It also may have been a reason Mariska decided to actually get married (if her father knew and was pressuring her to have a husband if she wanted a child). If what the girl said was true, there's also a chance that by "family" Mariska could have just been out to her siblings. It's rumored that one of her brothers is gay anyway.
Which brother is gay?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I am sure that if she is really gay she is out to her friends. I mean, come on... do you really believe Chris Meloni or Hilary Swank wouldn't know?

And besides, I was out to my friends before I came out to my family, too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 10:43 PM
Which brother is gay?
There were rumors about Zoltan.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 10:45 PM
I am sure that if she is really gay she is out to her friends. I mean, come on... do you really believe Chris Meloni or Hilary Swank wouldn't know?

LOL, I remember Meloni giving an interview when Connie Nielsen was on the show. He said it's good to have someone of a "different sensuality and sexuality." I always wondered if it was an unconscious slipup about Mariska hehe.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 10:56 PM

LOL, I remember Meloni giving an interview when Connie Nielsen was on the show. He said it's good to have someone of a "different sensuality and sexuality." I always wondered if it was an unconscious slipup about Mariska hehe.[/quote]That's patently untrue - it was not unconscious. ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I am sure that if she is really gay she is out to her fI remember Meloni giving an interview when Connie Nielsen was on the show. He said it's good to have someone of a "different sensuality and sexuality." I always wondered if it was an unconscious slipup about Mariska hehe.
Apologies for the previous mashed post.

Take two:

Patently untrue - Meloni's slip was not unconscious. ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 25 2008, 04:10 AM
I am sure that if she is really gay she is out to her fI remember Meloni giving an interview when Connie Nielsen was on the show. He said it's good to have someone of a "different sensuality and sexuality."
MH must have kicked hi as for that comment... LOL!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 24 2008, 05:53 AM
What was classic was the look of sheer terror on her face when confronted with that penis in the episode "Undercover" from last season. Now THAT was Emmy acting material.
And Mariska followed that scene up with a line something like "it's the closest I've ever come to it" or something like that...I actually laughed out loud and thought, yeah, we know!

And, yes I felt guilty.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 25 2008, 07:33 AM
Nov 24 2008, 05:53 AM
And Mariska followed that scene up with a line something like "it's the closest I've ever come to it" or something like that...I actually laughed out loud and thought, yeah, we know!

And, yes I felt guilty.
Bet she has been up close and personal with one before. Probably more than one before she figured it out.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 25 2008, 08:04 AM
Bet she has been up close and personal with one before. Probably more than one before she figured it out.
I doubt that poster was implying that she thought Mariska was a gold star lesbian. She was just making a joke. Don't take everything said so seriously.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Did anyone check out the description for tonight's episode, "Persona"?

"Detective Benson goes into hiding to find justice for an abused housewife (Clea Duvall),
uncovering a 34 year old unsolved murder case in the process."

Are they putting Mariska with all the out lesbian actresses this season? First Benson was the primary detective helping Sara Gilbert's character in the season premiere and now she's the one "helping" Clea Duvall's character. Maybe Portia de Rossi can guest star one day and she can "help" her as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oh, LOVE the scene of Mariska slowly undressing Duvall's character to make her look at her bruises.

At first I was confused as to what she was doing because it looked so sensual! You're a pro at undressing women aren't you, Mariska?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 26 2008, 05:15 AM
Oh, LOVE the scene of Mariska slowly undressing Duvall's character to make her look at her bruises.

At first I was confused as to what she was doing because it looked so sensual! You're a pro at undressing women aren't you, Mariska?
Shit, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, LOL. When I saw Olivia brushing her hair back and touching her neck before unzipping her jacket, I was at first like "wtf?"

Queen Peter was also in this episode.

Apparently Olivia is supposed to finally snap next episode. Will that be the one she submits for the Emmy nom?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Is Clea Duvall now on SVU?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 26 2008, 06:04 AM
Shit, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed, LOL. When I saw Olivia brushing her hair back and touching her neck before unzipping her jacket, I was at first like "wtf?"

Queen Peter was also in this episode.

Apparently Olivia is supposed to finally snap next episode. Will that be the one she submits for the Emmy nom?
And not to mention that all the victim had on underneath was a lacy blue camisole!

I thought Clea looked really hot in this episode...too bad they had to have her hubby kill her.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 26 2008, 06:13 AM
Is Clea Duvall now on SVU?
No, she guest starred as the abused housewife who was afraid to leave her husband.

Since they brought in Adam Beach last season as another detective, I wish they'd bring in a hot woman to add another FEMALE detective.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Apparently the gayboys at DL noticed it, too:

"It was a pretty decent episode. Mike Farrell was wasted. Bet that scene where Olivia undresses the Hillary Swank lookalike who played the abuse victim sent some dykes into lez heaven.

And yes, r3, I found it quite ironic that Nathaniel M. was playing an abuser. That was really a stretch for him."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Speaking of Hilary, I wonder will Mariska ever get her to guest star? GF (maybe ex-gf?) Kelly Miller guest starred in the season 7 episode, "Starved."
Quote Post Goto Top

Caps Troll
Unregistered

Nov 26 2008, 06:38 AM
Speaking of Hilary, I wonder will Mariska ever get her to guest star? GF (maybe ex-gf?) Kelly Miller guest starred in the season 7 episode, "Starved."
Is that her?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the link: http://www.hey-jealousy.net/svu/s7/starved/index.html
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Yep, that's Kelly Miller.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I think Kelly is pretty hot. No spring chicken, but neither is Mariska.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. It reminded me of the old SVU when the episodes were about the victims and not Stabler and Benson. Great acting by everybody.

It was nice to see Judith Light again. I love that woman.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 26 2008, 06:38 AM
Hilary makes 20 million a movie, is a two-time Oscar winner... BUAHAHAHAHA... never.ever.

Her reps would never let her get close to a TV show set.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 26 2008, 06:04 AM

Helen Shaver was the director - Desert Hearts anyone?

The plot of PTSD reminds me a lot of a season three episode - Wrath, vigilante-style justice. Benson maniacally standing over a perp' with gun in hand.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 27 2008, 03:33 AM
The plot of PTSD reminds me a lot of a season three episode - Wrath, vigilante-style justice. Benson maniacally standing over a perp' with gun in hand.
Yep, they love recycling plots. Kinda like last week's episode when they recycled Olivia pretending to be a hooker from season 7, episode 5, "Strain."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 27 2008, 05:09 AM
Yep, they love recycling plots. Kinda like last week's episode when they recycled Olivia pretending to be a hooker from season 7, episode 5, "Strain."
If they're struggling to fill out scripts for this season, there's no way there will be a season 11, unless they like being a laughing stock.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Mariska nip slip from Conan appearance in 2003 that was cut in the censored version:

http://i15.tinypic.com/29esjle.jpg

You're welcome. It was the only genuine thing about that entire interview.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Speaking of the Conan interview, a couple months before that she was at the Diesel Fashion Show hanging all over some unidentified woman:

People who claim to have seen her around the lesbian scene in LA said that she liked leggy brunettes. This chick definitely fits the profile.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love how the chick is wearing a see-through top! Lovely boobs. Just a preview of what Mariska would be getting that night.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

i just saw the pic of mariska hargitay with maria bello sitting in her lap, while kelly miller was sitting behind them. they were on joyful heart tea event

for those who didn't see this before go to:

http://www.joyfulheartfoundation.org/joyfultea2008.htm

and see for yourself.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 28 2008, 11:12 AM
Posted Image

This one in particular is a pretty couple-y/familiar pose. They each have a hand on the other's arm and it looks like the unknown woman's fingertips are touching Mariska's hand.

Someone I know just met Mariska at an event and had her photo taken with her. Unfortunately she has no gossip on her at all. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Posted Image

Dont kill me but I think MH is just affectionate with her friends. They look cute.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Isn't Kelly looking at Mariska/Maria?

And what's with Marcia Cross at the event? I want to be a member of the Triple C (CCC - Closet Cases Club) too if all the women look like that. Damn.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 28 2008, 08:27 PM
Posted Image

Dont kill me but I think MH is just affectionate with her friends. They look cute.
Then you are very naive. There was someone who worked on the set of ER and then someone after that who confirmed that Maria and Mariska were actually in a relationship. It's not just people speculating based on some pics (although the pics of them are very telling).

Mariska doesn't act like that with any of her other friends. The only women she acts that affectionate with are those she's rumored to be dating/fucking.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Exactly. I've seen hundreds of pictures with Mariska and women she's never been rumored to have dated and any affection she shows them is very *mild*. It's nothing like this. The affection for her girlfriends is more extreme and on a whole different level. Also, Mariska's body language is different with her rumored gfs than with others who actually *are* probably just friends...

Furthermore, as for Maria, she said she has a huge black & White photo of her on her wall! I'm sorry, but I don't hold people who have only ever been friends with me tightly around the waist, paw them relentlessly at events, and keep huge pics of them in my house. I don't think they are still together but I think the chemistry will always be there between them, as shown by that pic. I also think part of Mariska still loves her because the woman just fucking *glows* around Maria. I have never seen Mariska looking that way about anyone.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 28 2008, 09:41 PM
Isn't Kelly looking at Mariska/Maria?

And what's with Marcia Cross at the event? I want to be a member of the Triple C (CCC - Closet Cases Club) too if all the women look like that. Damn.
Yes, Kelly is! That smile looks a bit uninspired. An insider at the end of last year said Mariska had a longtime woman. Don't know who that is, but if it's actually Kelly (and it's not Swank or any other woman), I know she must be feeling very jealous. She sure looks it. Your gf's ex is sitting on her lap and you're sitting a few seats away. I think it's telling Kelly is focusing on Mariska/Maria while everyone else is looking at whatever is making them laugh in the first place.

Typical lesbian drama.

LMFAO. Marcia was there? What was it? Closet Cases Unite day?

Hell, is Mariska friends with ALL the Hollywood closeted lesbians? She's friends with Jodie Foster, too (ok, granted, Foster isn't really closeted anymore), but still.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Where was Peter? Why isn't Mariska sitting on her "husband's" lap instead of holding Maria?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

That picture of MH and Maria is adorable. Kelly looks like she wants to strangle Mariska.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 28 2008, 08:27 PM
Oh, really?

Look at the whole set of pictures linked at r1081. Then tell me why Mariska isn't acting that way with Marcia Cross or any other friends?

Putting your hands on someone's shoulder(s) is a far cry away from holding them in your lap.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 28 2008, 08:00 PM
This one in particular is a pretty couple-y/familiar pose. They each have a hand on the other's arm and it looks like the unknown woman's fingertips are touching Mariska's hand.
Her fingertips are touching Mariska's hand. Wish we knew the identity of the chick.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Does anyone else get the sense that Kelly Miller is somewhat reserved?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 29 2008, 01:27 AM
Oh, really?

Look at the whole set of pictures linked at r1081. Then tell me why Mariska isn't acting that way with Marcia Cross or any other friends?

Putting your hands on someone's shoulder(s) is a far cry away from holding them in your lap.
Yep.

And not to mention that it doesn't make sense for Mariska to be more affectionate with her friends than she often is with Peter, who is supposed to be the love of her life. Several pages back there was a post of pics of Maria and Mariska at some movie premiere and Peter was also there. There was a blatant difference in the behavior of Maria/Mariska and Mariska/Peter. If you're a naturally affectionate person, you would show more affection for your boyfriend/husband than a friend, certainly not less.

Peter is a beard.

Even in this Joyful Heart pic, Mariska is looking like she's having a better time with Maria than she ever has when photographed with Peter.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 28 2008, 07:34 PM
i just saw the pic of mariska hargitay with maria bello sitting in her lap, while kelly miller was sitting behind them. they were on joyful heart tea event

for those who didn't see this before go to:

http://www.joyfulheartfoundation.org/joyfultea2008.htm

and see for yourself.
I think that's Kim Delaney, she is credited as being there and it does look like her.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Good call, that's Kim. Same highlights in hair and same eyebrows etc. Miller is not as attractive.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 29 2008, 03:55 AM
I think that's Kim Delaney, she is credited as being there and it does look like her.
No, it isn't. That's Kelly Miller and matches every other pic of her. Kim Delaney doesn't look like that.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 29 2008, 04:21 AM
No, it isn't. That's Kelly Miller and matches every other pic of her. Kim Delaney doesn't look like that.

Actually, I retract that statement. I didn't pay attention to the eyebrows before I posted that. It's Kim.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Good call, that's Kim. Same highlights in hair and same eyebrows etc. Miller is not as attractive.
I agree. I think that's Kim Delaney.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 29 2008, 04:34 AM
I agree. I think that's Kim Delaney.
Pity. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nov 29 2008, 05:07 AM
Pity. :)
I've actually never seen Kelly at a Joyful Heart event. Does she ever attend any? If so, I'd love to see pics. I think she's pretty.

What is she doing these days?
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · L Anonymous · Next Topic »
Add Reply