Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to L Anonymous.

Click here to register. If you're already a member please log in to your account to be able to post:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Mariska Hargitay; love her or love to hate her
Topic Started: Mar 21 2008, 10:49 AM (92,019 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

This is the one I was thinking of from DL:

Stephanie March: lesbian, bisexual, gold digger?

It's all the speculation about her, fueled in part by the fact that Bobby Flay is notorious for cheating on his wives with transsexuals... thus she must be a beard.

Wow, that thread's still around? It's ancient!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Wow, that thread's still around? It's ancient!

From 2007 and still going strong as of yesterday. Gotta love a heated debate about the REAL issues. ;) My money is on bisexual gold digger... but hey, when you look like that, you don't really have to dig far.

Having way too much time on my hands, I stumbled across this shipper manifesto, which if nothing else is quite a well compiled essay.

The Case of the Butch and the Blonde

It was linked from an "is she or isn't she" essay: Olivia v. Oliska

I'll admit I haven't read either fully yet, but only because they look dauntingly detailed.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Having way too much time on my hands, I stumbled across this shipper manifesto, which if nothing else is quite a well compiled essay.

The Case of the Butch and the Blonde

Yes, that's a good one. Cabenson (the author) even posted here on LAnon. And she knows about Mariska, she made a funny comment in a Helen/Nikki manifesto along the lines of "One look from Helen could even turn Mariska gay...Oh wait."

She also writes good stories.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'm not a big fic reader, but I'm all for A/O shippage. And DAMN March seems to be pushing it too lately, or at LEAST for some girl-on-girl time.

Over at the alex/liv lovers live journal deepinblue apparently had a chance to chat with Ms. March recently, who mentioned again how she's gung ho for locking lips with the ladies.

Just Did My Stephanie March Interview!!
Guys, she was INCREDIBLE! I can't even describe how awesome she was. Plus, and I quote, "I am available to make out with any and all people that they bring on the show!"

Time for me to head to work, but more details and the interview, VERY SOON!!!!

I look forward to reading the details of that interview...
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Fresh word from the SVU set, Mariska's still having trouble with that pesky lung collapse. Seems you can't bounce back from something like that in just a day, even if you are one of the most kick-ass chicks on television. Hopefully she'll be back in full force soon. I'm sending out good vibes and hoping she'll save us from a super Stabler storyline...

from radaronline.com:

Mariska Hargitay Still Not Shooting Law & Order: SVU

Mariska Hargitay is NOT back on the set of Law & Order: SVU today, RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively.

On Wednesday, a publicist for the 45-year-old Emmy-winning actress said Mariska was admitted to a hospital in New York for a problem related to a previous collapsed lung condition.

"The show is being severely impacted by her absence," one set-sider told RadarOnline.com outside the St. Denis Parish on Van Cortlandt Park Avenue in Yonkers, N.Y., where cameras were rolling today to film a car explosion scene.

"Mariska has been written out the rest of this episode and there's the strong feeling that she'll be left out of the next episode, too."

Married actor Christopher Meloni, who plays Detective Elliot Stabler on the show, told RadarOnline.com he was trying to do everything he could to cheer her up.

"I've sent her some flirty e-mails and text messages," he said.
03/06/09 1:40 PM
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

So she's 45, has serious health problems and wants to get pregnant again? Well I guess money and "fame" can buy you a lot of things in the US because I'm sure doctors would advise against another pregnancy if she were a "normal" woman.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I gotta say though, I had no idea she was 45. Considering she's been working hardcore 10-15 hour days for ten years now, she hasn't aged exponentially like other series leads.

I need to start using her skin-care regimen! ;)

As for another child... Everyone knows to be a REAL hetero couple you simply must have two children. I mean, one kid is good for the family image, but two! That's clearly true love. ;)

Cause a lesbian and a gay gold-digger wouldn't ever raise children together. Nah... not in this crazy world we live in.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Over at the alex/liv lovers live journal deepinblue apparently had a chance to chat with Ms. March recently, who mentioned again how she's gung ho for locking lips with the ladies.

Just Did My Stephanie March Interview!!
Guys, she was INCREDIBLE! I can't even describe how awesome she was. Plus, and I quote, "I am available to make out with any and all people that they bring on the show!"

Time for me to head to work, but more details and the interview, VERY SOON!!!!

I look forward to reading the details of that interview...

It's here :)

Glad to hear her confirm that they're basically going to pretend Conviction never happened.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

lol. Tell you the truth, I didn't even KNOW about Conviction until people started mentioning it recently. I SO would have watched it too.

Definitely check out the podcast too. It's got some little in between bits that aren't in the transcript. Glad you posted the link! :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I just posted on the Mariska blog post on AE about "what happens when the truth comes out".

I'm sure I'll be either flamed into hell and/or met with "she's so great, leave her alone" responses.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

What happened in conviction?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Married actor Christopher Meloni, who plays Detective Elliot Stabler on the show, told RadarOnline.com he was trying to do everything he could to cheer her up.

"I've sent her some flirty e-mails and text messages," he said.

I love that they NEED to say he's married before they put in that last line.

I do wonder what Meloni and the rest think of the false marriage. Do they feel bad that she's pressured to be closeted?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope Mariska is doing ok. Hate to see anything extreme happen to her and her gorgeous lips... There's a mini marathon of SVU on USA tomorrow from 6am-5pm.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey guys. PLEASE weigh in on the "gay Benson" question from the producers. It'd be nice to have some intelligent feedback balance out the homophobic, stupid one-liners being posted over there.

Such classics as: "Problem is, being gay is no more 'normal' than being a pedaphile or a rapist. "

LOVE it. :P

SVU Blog@ NBC.com

text link:
http://blog.nbc.com/laworder_svu/production_blog/hi_everyone_3/

Even if you're ambivalent on the gay issue, take forty-five seconds to let NBC know that they CAN go to the fans for intelligent and constructive feedback. Go add some class to douchebag city.

Lurkers can post anonymously. Load time is iffy during peak hours. (Who knew NBC.com had peak hours? ;) Try double clicking if the page takes too long to load.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Mariska back on set this week.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I wonder what Mariska thinks of all this "gay benson" business. Actors don't have a say in storylines, but I feel like she'd probably have SOME input on a major decision like that. Especially if they're looking for fan reactions and feedback.

Since being mistaken for a lesbian seems SUCH a sensitive issue for Mariska (i mean, how many times has she gone out of her way in interviews to stress the fact that she's NOT a lesbian?)

Benson's coming out seems like it would only only fan the flames of her fear of being outed. In general the public is stupid and has a hard time separating these things.

Though maybe she's finally developed some kind of conscience and decided to be a positive ON-SCREEN role model for the gay community to make up for the detriment and appearance of shamefulness her closeted lifestyle creates.

Time will tell. I'm not gonna hold my breath for any miracles. Buuuuut I'm cynical. ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Has anyone watched the finale yesterday? Who did Olivia kiss?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not Elliot (thank god), but it wasn't Alex either
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

The psycho trying to kill Stabler. Totally lame ass ridiculous long since jumped the shark show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

1:54 I totally agree, what a boring episode!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think there are a lot of SVU fans who have become so jaded that they are unable to see good in any new episodes. The season finale was great. Mariska's acting had me on the edge of my seat at the end. She is an amazing actress... The episode, I think was good insight to people who just loose it. Stucky was annoying but I always felt bad for him, and I definitely believe that a person can just snap.

I think people need to chillax towards writers of television shows (the good ones). Take it for what it is, entertainment and don't expect so much out of it sometimes. It's not going to be perfect but damn just enjoy it or turn the channel.

Oh yeah and Mariska looked friggin sexy as hell in the episode. The part where they were looking at the body at Coney Island and the long shot of her walking towards it, OH MY WORD! The tight black pants, hot
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Delusional fan girl, only people that don't think SVU has lost it's MIND, not edge.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

How is that opinion "delusional" huh?... But I do love that automatic response "oh must be a fan girl" gtfoh lol. It's a fuckin TELEVISION show. If the show has lost it's mind get something else to stimulate you and K.I.M. I swear people nowadays.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I do give the writers of good shows the benefit of the doubt, but SVU hasn't been a good show in the long time. I watch to see pretty people, but it's reached the point where even that isn't enough to get me to watch.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

So when does Mariska start the new season? I know she signed her contract already.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

How do you know it? Is it official?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't think they have made it official but one person told me she signed 2 years. At least I remember him saying 2 years...
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Is your friend an insider from the set? Because officially they are still negotiating her contractl.

Stephanie March on the other hand is definitely going to be in the new season.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

No not on set. Let's just say someone close.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

No not on set. Let's just say someone close.

Ooh, now you made me curious. Do they have anything to tell about Mariska. Or other SVU related things.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Stephanie March on the other hand is definitely going to be in the new season

Yay!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

March is the only reason to watch the show.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Ooh, now you made me curious. Do they have anything to tell about Mariska. Or other SVU related things.

No sorry, not yet. I mean I really really really wanted to. I thought of you girls but I have to hold off. I mean, how weird if I just went .."sooo is she gay? is her marriage a sham?". Was told what a great person she is though. Kinda what I read here from some people.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

So, what do you think, can we expect some hot A/O loving in season 11?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I found this great thread on DL a couple of days ago with a bunch of blind items. Some gossip may be known but it's the first time an OP has actually said which guesses were right or wrong. It may be a bit OT but I linked it here because the answer to blind item #6 is Mariska and Christopher Meloni. I don't know how to link to individual posts but if you read through the entire thread there is a lot of gossip about Meloni and a few tidbits about the rest of the SVU gang. I've always said that SVU had the gayest cast on television. It was nice to read that Ice-T is a nice man. I've been in love with him forever.

datalounge
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I was the one who asked the caterer if anyone is actually straight on that set.
Looks like SVU is the new CSI.

BTW when I saw this thread got bumped I thought for a moment that she died.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Sep 10 2008, 01:46 AM
When one drinks, your behavior becomes inhibited. She has been under the radar for a few months now, so it's not impossible that she slipped up. How many other B list lead actresses on a network drama series could this be? Kyra Sedgwick? Glenn Close (actually A-list)? Remember the pics from Just Jared a few months ago showing Peter picking up MH and Auggie at the aiport after they spent the weekend in LA and Peter was shown wearing 2, not one, but 2 wedding bands? I think it's her.
this BI was actually rumored to be the lead from "Cold Case" Katherine Moriss I think is her name
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Off topic, but this reminded me of Emily Whatever that's the lead on BONES. What's her deal? Do we have a thread for her?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 28 2009, 01:25 PM
Off topic, but this reminded me of Emily Whatever that's the lead on BONES. What's her deal? Do we have a thread for her?
The BI was about Kathryn Morris but I thought it was the actress from Bones, too. I don't know anything about her but she pings like crazy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Counting down the days until she cuts her hair.

*prays really hard*
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

anyone knows about the Person she filed lawsuit against because S/He claimed that she's a lesbian?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 6 2009, 08:05 PM
anyone knows about the Person she filed lawsuit against because S/He claimed that she's a lesbian?
Huh, when did this happen?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 8 2009, 01:01 PM
Aug 6 2009, 08:05 PM
Huh, when did this happen?
It didn't happen. It's a lie.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 8 2009, 01:06 PM
It didn't happen. It's a lie.[/quote]Really? hmmmmmm
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 8 2009, 01:06 PM
Aug 8 2009, 01:01 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
It didn't happen. It's a lie.
If there had been any lawsuit, there would have been media attention. I don't blieve this either.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

There was an attempt to file a lawsuit once.
And guys "or girls", she knows about this site.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 17 2009, 04:09 AM
And guys "or girls", she knows about this site.
Not gonna make people stop talking.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Well, she certainly does know about this site, and the other ones that talks about her sexuality. She's doing her best to act straight all the time now: fooling around with Meloni and kissing him on set to give the paparazzi a chance to take pictures of it, pretending to kiss Alec Baldwin's 30 Rock street sign photo.
Seriously Mariska, you need to get over yourself.

Give.It.A.Rest
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 19 2009, 04:15 AM
pretending to kiss Alec Baldwin's 30 Rock street sign photo.
When was this??... Well, maybe she is straight... LMAO, nah.

If she really knows about this site, she should prove it by saying anonymous or something in her next interview, or ohh this is good. She should find a way to put it into SVU. Put those writers to good use haha... Mariska sweetie do you know how much ass you'd get if you came out? Or even stopped pretending. Panties left and right!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

kissing Alec Baldwin's 30 Rock street sign photo
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 19 2009, 07:45 AM
She's really aiming for Tina Fey. You know its true.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Nice try Mariska..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Well, she certainly does know about this site, and the other ones that talks about her sexuality. She's doing her best to act straight all the time now: fooling around with Meloni and kissing him on set to give the paparazzi a chance to take pictures of it, pretending to kiss Alec Baldwin's 30 Rock street sign photo.

Give.It.A.Rest
I don't think the fooling around with Meloni on the set is done for any other reason except fun. They both seem like goofballs and enjoy playing around. Ice-T said as much on his Twitter page.

Besides, Meloni isn't exactly straight himself so I doubt fooling around with him would help her prove anything.

I believe some celebrities know about this site and other gossip sites. The one site that every celebrity knows about is Datalounge. I wonder if their PR people post on DL.

This might sound a bit weird but that pic of her bending over pretending to kiss the poster was sizzling hot.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Aug 19 2009, 08:39 AM
Aug 19 2009, 07:45 AM
She's really aiming for Tina Fey. You know its true.
that's what I thought
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'd bet $10'000 dollars that she knows (or knew) about Datalounge.

SVU boomtech said so. Other posters said that she is aware of the internet rumors (and in particular DL). The whole Marcia fiasko probably led every in-the-closet-actor to that site. And then there was this poster who said something about "what's next Mariska? A walk on the beach, holding hands with your husband?" and 2 weeks later a 'paparazzi' (probably tipped off) took EXACTLY such a picture. And then she closed the message board on her own official website after people posted over and over about the gay rumors and that they read it on DL.

And when this board was created, plenty of links (to this site) were posted in the Mariska threads and other threads.

Mariska probably does not read the threads by herself, but I'm sure someone from her team does. You know, if I were her, I'd probably google myself and read what people are saying on the net.

Good God, I need a life :-)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The entire cast of SVU knows about Datalounge.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The entire cast of SVU just can't get any gayer! that been said.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 19 2009, 11:07 AM

Give.It.A.Rest
I don't think the fooling around with Meloni on the set is done for any other reason except fun. They both seem like goofballs and enjoy playing around. Ice-T said as much on his Twitter page.

Besides, Meloni isn't exactly straight himself so I doubt fooling around with him would help her prove anything.

I believe some celebrities know about this site and other gossip sites. The one site that every celebrity knows about is Datalounge. I wonder if their PR people post on DL.

This might sound a bit weird but that pic of her bending over pretending to kiss the poster was sizzling hot.
Not that poster you were responding to, but Ice T saying they play around like that all the time doesn't mean that she can't also be doing it to try to send a message that she's straight. Cameras are around her constantly on set.

As for Meloni not being straight, the majority of his fans think he is. Mariska has tons more rumors than he does and a large part of her fanbase is still in denial about her orientation.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 20 2009, 10:44 PM
As for Meloni not being straight, the majority of his fans think he is. Mariska has tons more rumors than he does and a large part of her fanbase is still in denial about her orientation.
The majority of his fans don't believe Meloni is straight and neither does the majority of her fans. The ones that take the time to post on fansites are teenage little girls who drool over them. Adults who like them for who they are and for their acting abilities know that they are both gay.

There are plenty of rumors about both of them. People who have seen Meloni around NY know he's not straight but that isn't something that will be posted on a fansite.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 19 2009, 05:13 PM
I'd bet $10'000 dollars that she knows (or knew) about Datalounge.

SVU boomtech said so. Other posters said that she is aware of the internet rumors (and in particular DL). The whole Marcia fiasko probably led every in-the-closet-actor to that site. And then there was this poster who said something about "what's next Mariska? A walk on the beach, holding hands with your husband?" and 2 weeks later a 'paparazzi' (probably tipped off) took EXACTLY such a picture. And then she closed the message board on her own official website after people posted over and over about the gay rumors and that they read it on DL.

And when this board was created, plenty of links (to this site) were posted in the Mariska threads and other threads.

Mariska probably does not read the threads by herself, but I'm sure someone from her team does. You know, if I were her, I'd probably google myself and read what people are saying on the net.

Good God, I need a life :-)
I remember when I posted that on DL a few years ago. She was so predictable back then. What I don't understand is why Meloni and Hargitay are getting raises when Stephanie March returning was the reason the ratings shot up. Before March returned, that show sucked ass.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 21 2009, 01:18 AM
The majority of his fans don't believe Meloni is straight and neither does the majority of her fans. The ones that take the time to post on fansites are teenage little girls who drool over them. Adults who like them for who they are and for their acting abilities know that they are both gay.

There are plenty of rumors about both of them. People who have seen Meloni around NY know he's not straight but that isn't something that will be posted on a fansite.
Where are these majority of Meloni's fans who believe he isn't straight? Meloni's gay fans are outnumbered by the straight ones. The ones posting on the fansites *are* currently the majority. If there are a large number of adults posting on other sites besides DL, then I'd like to see those links or something to prove that Meloni has a different majority of fans.

There are plenty of rumors about them both, but Mariska's rumors far exceed his. I've been on DL for more than 10 years and I've seen some gay men talk about Meloni, but that is not something that is common knowledge on places outside of it. Even on DL, Mariska threads used to outnumber any Meloni ones by a landslide. Mariska's rumors are so common that they spill into the fansites and create fights just like they were when they were brought over to her own website a few years back.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

People in NY circles may know about Meloni, but most people do not live in NY. It's a lot easier to find info on the net about Mariska being gay than the scraps on datalounge you'll see about CM. In the most current thread, people aren't sure whether he's just bi or actually gay.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 21 2009, 02:20 AM
There are plenty of rumors about them both, but Mariska's rumors far exceed his. I've been on DL for more than 10 years and I've seen some gay men talk about Meloni, but that is not something that is common knowledge on places outside of it. Even on DL, Mariska threads used to outnumber any Meloni ones by a landslide. Mariska's rumors are so common that they spill into the fansites and create fights just like they were when they were brought over to her own website a few years back.
You're wrong if you think Meloni is only discussed on DL. I've read a lot of comments on other sites about him. There have also been some BI's pointing to him. It's common knowledge in NY that they're both gay.

People talk more about Hargitay because of who she is. Even if she decided not to become an actress people would still gossip about her because she's Mansfield's daughter.

A poster asked on this thread why don't we gossip about Maria Bello or Hilary Swank and the answer was because they're boring. The same goes for Meloni. Mariska on the other hand is fun to gossip about.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 21 2009, 02:42 AM
You're wrong if you think Meloni is only discussed on DL. I've read a lot of comments on other sites about him. There have also been some BI's pointing to him. It's common knowledge in NY that they're both gay.

People talk more about Hargitay because of who she is. Even if she decided not to become an actress people would still gossip about her because she's Mansfield's daughter.

A poster asked on this thread why don't we gossip about Maria Bello or Hilary Swank and the answer was because they're boring. The same goes for Meloni. Mariska on the other hand is fun to gossip about.
I don't think Meloni is ONLY discussed on DL, I just think that outside DL, the rumors about him are scarce and it's not something that is common knowledge to the SVU audience. At least Mariska's will get mentioned on the fan sites and cause controversy, so I would say they are aware of them even if they don't believe them.

Where are the blind items about him that aren't on DL? Please link me to these other sites that show that a majority of his fans think he is gay. As the poster above said, it may be common knowledge in NY that they are both gay but the SVU audience is larger than that. Common knowledge in NY isn't common knowledge everywhere else.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

I don't think Meloni is ONLY discussed on DL, I just think that outside DL, the rumors about him are scarce and it's not something that is common knowledge to the SVU audience.

What do you mean outside DL? Even on DL, the rumors aren't that plentiful. Meloni is lucky if he can get 30 responses. I've been trying to get the gayboys on DL to elaborate about Meloni for a long time and even the rumors stop after a few posts. The tide on DL has really changed now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

"What I don't understand is why Meloni and Hargitay are getting raises when Stephanie March returning was the reason the ratings shot up. Before March returned, that show sucked ass."

WORD!

SMarch is the only thing worth watching on that show.

OT: this is a bit off topic, but is there a Steph March thread anywhere in this board? 'cause if there is, I can't seem to find it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Because it is exciting when a character who left too soon comes back. Stop acting like March is the holy entity for which the show would never suceed without. Mariska is the reason the show is successful and I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Closeted homophobe or not, if SHE left the show would end.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 21 2009, 07:22 PM
Because it is exciting when a character who left too soon comes back. Stop acting like March is the holy entity for which the show would never suceed without. Mariska is the reason the show is successful and I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Closeted homophobe or not, if SHE left the show would end.
When Mariska was on maternity leave, the ratings shot up. There are still people who will watch the show if they both walk. There are other actors out there that can carry that show. Mariska isn't that great of an actress. If she were, she and Peter would have more going for them than SVU.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 23 2009, 03:13 AM
Aug 21 2009, 07:22 PM
When Mariska was on maternity leave, the ratings shot up. There are still people who will watch the show if they both walk. There are other actors out there that can carry that show. Mariska isn't that great of an actress. If she were, she and Peter would have more going for them than SVU.
Sad, lonely, pathetic women still hating on Mariska... Like I said I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Mariska owns SVU.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The Law and Order shows have proven that they don't rely on the actors. If Meloni and Hargitay left I believe people would keep watching if the replacements were any good.

But there is no doubt that it's Mariska's character that makes SVU interesting and keeps the viewers coming back.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 23 2009, 03:21 AM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
Sad, lonely, pathetic women still hating on Mariska... Like I said I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Mariska owns SVU.
Sad, pathetic closeted dykes still trying to get people to believe that she's straight.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 24 2009, 06:38 PM
Sad, pathetic closeted dykes still trying to get people to believe that she's straight.
I'm not the person you quoted but nobody said that Mariska is straight. We all know that she's gay.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Wow!
Just, wow!

Maybe you need to scroll up a little bit and read the tittle of this thread again. If you did, you'll understand that everybody here is a fan of MH "everybody in their own way", or they wouldn't be wasting their time commenting. You don't need to be harsh in your comments like that. There are people who prefer/like other characters on this show more than MH, what's the big deal? It's a matter of opinion after all.

While I agree that MH's character that gives SVU this spacial spark, I can guarantee you that there are people would keep watching if she had left, like someone said before "if the replacements were any good". No one is hating on her, it's called "stating an opinion".

It's a gossip board for crying out loud! get back to gossip and stop bitching each other.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I also think the nature of the show piques a lot of people's interest. NBC was ready to keep going in the event that Meloni and Hargitay didn't re-sign. I personally don't think they deserved the raises that they got because the show was in the toilet before Stephanie March came back. People are bored with their characters and the writing sucks. I think that NBC will find out quickly that they wasted their money.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Joe

Do yourself a favor, and get a life.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Joe

"Because it is exciting when a character who left too soon comes back. Stop acting like March is the holy entity for which the show would never suceed without. Mariska is the reason the show is successful and I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Closeted homophobe or not, if SHE left the show would end."

"Sad, lonely, pathetic women still hating on Mariska... Like I said I don't give a fuck what anyone says, Mariska owns SVU."

Wow!
Just, wow!

Maybe you need to scroll up a little bit and read the tittle of this thread again. If you did, you'll understand that everybody here is a fan of MH "everybody in their own way", or they wouldn't be wasting their time commenting. You don't need to be harsh in your comments like that. There are people who prefer/like other characters on this show more than MH, what's the big deal? It's a matter of opinion after all.

While I agree that MH's character that gives SVU this spacial spark, I can guarantee you that there are people would keep watching if she had left, like someone said before "if the replacements were any good". No one is hating on her, it's called "stating an opinion".

It's a gossip board for crying out loud! get back to gossip and stop bitching each other.

Thank you, my friend.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

There's (at least) one stupid fangurl in the Mariska threads on DL:

Quote:

Mariska gay? No way. A woman doesn't need to beard. Besides her hubby is very handsome. The speculation about her alleged lesbianism stems from the character she plays in SVU and her own strong personality. Morons should wake up and accept that not all women of character are lesbians.

Quote:

I'm on a gay site because I'm bi. Mariska must be bi, too.

So what?

Quote:

Sincerely, does it matter if she's gay or bi? She's married, she has got a son, she's done her duty to her family & the human race.

Now she can fuck whoever she wants, she's not on the market for us anymore.

Here's the thread: http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html#page:showThread,8044190,1

I don't feel like answering her anymore. Is this homophobia? Or sexist? How fucked up do you have to be to say that "women are doing their duty by marrying and having children"?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I like the SVU episodes that focus on Fin (partnered with Munch or Stabler) as much as the ones that focus on Stabler/Benson. I'd still have watched if the shows were written well.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 26 2009, 08:46 PM
I like the SVU episodes that focus on Fin (partnered with Munch or Stabler) as much as the ones that focus on Stabler/Benson. I'd still have watched if the shows were written well.
I like Fin and Munch. They aren't used nearly enough as they should be. I prefer the episodes where Fin is partnered with Benson. They have a different kind of chemistry. I love Ice-T. He and Mariska play well off of each other.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Joe

There's (at least) one stupid fangurl in the Mariska threads on DL:

Not only there. There was another bunch in The Mariska thread on Ladies Lounge; http://s1.zetaboards.com/ladieslounge/topic/1193000/2/

Looks like Mariska's PR people are taking over!

The DL thread is getting hilarious because of this strange "Mariska is sooooo not gay" campaign.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 29 2009, 04:27 AM
Looks like Mariska's PR people are taking over!

The DL thread is getting hilarious because of this strange "Mariska is sooooo not gay" campaign.
This poster isn't only in the Mariska threads. He or she started in the Suzanne Malveaux threads and when that died down just started posting in every thread demanding proof about celebrities gayness. I think it's just a straight troll. If you don't answer him/her it eventually stops.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

a straight troll, waht is this straight troll? your the troll for being stupid and bugging a nice women like Mariska by repeating she's gay gay gay over an over again.
she's NOT gay, end of story! NOT GAY. NOT GAY. NOT GAY << keep repeat it and you will get it
gosh, how hard is it to leave the woman alone with her privet life?
i just read a few pages here, and i must say y'll in pretty deep shit. just leav her alone if your stupid crazy brian cant stand the idea of her being straight
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^^Who let the mentally challenged person in here?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 29 2009, 05:55 AM
a straight troll, waht is this straight troll? your the troll for being stupid and bugging a nice women like Mariska by repeating she's gay gay gay over an over again.
she's NOT gay, end of story! NOT GAY. NOT GAY. NOT GAY << keep repeat it and you will get it
gosh, how hard is it to leave the woman alone with her privet life?
i just read a few pages here, and i must say y'll in pretty deep shit. just leav her alone if your stupid crazy brian cant stand the idea of her being straight
Please learn to spell troll....she's gay. End. of. story!!!! Please go have your breakdown on another gay gossip board. You did notice that this..like DataLounge...is a GAY GOSSIP BOARD. Or maybe you are too simple to understand that. By the way, Mariska is still GAY.
Smooches________
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Joe

Please learn to spell troll....she's gay. End. of. story!!!! Please go have your breakdown on another gay gossip board. You did notice that this..like DataLounge...is a GAY GOSSIP BOARD. Or maybe you are too simple to understand that. By the way, Mariska is still GAY.
Smooches________

do you know how BAD you make gay people look when you say some thing like "You did notice that this..like DataLounge...is a GAY GOSSIP BOARD"? you and other gay people got in our forums and threads before, non of us said something like this to you. gosh this is exactly what i don't like about hatred gay people, you always attack straight people and throw them out of your sites.. just like you did here. and you ask why is it straight people dismiss you? look at your comment. all you do is focusing on spelling??? does that realy matter???

bottom line: Mariska Hargitay is still NOT GAY. especialy with the fact that your replay is not that great of a comment and it doesn't help you prove your point of view. if you want people to take your point, you need to open your mind for others an give 'em a chance to say whatever they want.. you like hearing ONLY yourself talking and ignore/dismiss/throw out/refuse every single word thats not the way you like

i better go to somewere else where people don't repeat the "get out of here, or what ar you doin here? or, this is a GAY GOSSIP BOARD" mantra everytime someone from the other team come in to say something.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Aug 29 2009, 09:07 PM
Joe

Smooches________

do you know how BAD you make gay people look when you say some thing like "You did notice that this..like DataLounge...is a GAY GOSSIP BOARD"? you and other gay people got in our forums and threads before, non of us said something like this to you. gosh this is exactly what i don't like about hatred gay people, you always attack straight people and throw them out of your sites.. just like you did here. and you ask why is it straight people dismiss you? look at your comment. all you do is focusing on spelling??? does that realy matter???

bottom line: Mariska Hargitay is still NOT GAY. especialy with the fact that your replay is not that great of a comment and it doesn't help you prove your point of view. if you want people to take your point, you need to open your mind for others an give 'em a chance to say whatever they want.. you like hearing ONLY yourself talking and ignore/dismiss/throw out/refuse every single word thats not the way you like

i better go to somewere else where people don't repeat the "get out of here, or what ar you doin here? or, this is a GAY GOSSIP BOARD" mantra everytime someone from the other team come in to say something.
Apparently spelling doesn't matter to you. How is anyone suppose to take someone as uneducated as you seriously? I'm sorry that your feelings are hurt because some people think Mariska is gay. You chanting (yes chanting) that she is not gay is not going to change our minds. Just because she is married (to a gay man) and has a child doesn't mean that she isn't gay. She's a dyke. Get over it and move on.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

For twitter followers (well, not really but if you're following, you'll know what I'm talking about) I want to ask something; We all know that the producers are aware of the lesbian following of the show, specifically, of Alex/Olivia fans. If any of you follow twitter, you would see that the executive producer Neal Baer is playing this card now. He's teasing this specific base by throwing some hints about AO in the next season. And we all know that it's just another hype, just like what they always do "i.e. The big gay Benson question, SM and NB's confirmations about the lesbian subtext".

How do you think Mariska react to all of this, since we all know that she's against any/every attempt of making her character gay?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^ *reacts
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Don't ask, don't tell I'm sure. Also sure that she has a response ready for any question regarding the matter. I just wish she would give us a little something. If I ever meet her, totally gonna hit on her hard.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

She'll let everyone know how straight and married and happy she is.

The more she plays into that "Oh look, in reality I'm straight" image, the more difficult it gets for the simple-minded viewer/fangirl to tell that this image is a lie.

There will be more responses on the net like: "she can't be gay, she LUUUVES her husband - she has said it in TV Guide last week".

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I think we are underestimating her. She is aware of what Neal Baer is doing. He and Stephanie March wouldn't have said those things at the press conference if she didn't know about it. Her silence is her reaction. She's just playing along. Like another poster said it will be a don't ask, don't tell situation.

A bit OT but I think Neal Baer's tweets are funny. He teases everybody in a cute way. It is after all his job to keep the fans interested.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Well, I don't know about the rest of you here, but I think her silence is a plain "No". Maybe she'd respond, just like she did few years ago, that she's begging for a boyfriend. Or how she WANTS E/O to happen, regarding Olivia's love life. And then Chris would come and say something like: “I’d like to see Benson and Stabler get together, but I can’t let that happen” (LOL, I laugh everytime I see that line he keeps saying about EO) just like they always do.

I actually find it weird that she keeps promoting the EO idea, while Chris seems to refuse all of it. Everytime someone ask them about it, their answers are completely the opposite. For example:
Chris:
Quote:

Olivia and Stabler will probably never get together. Having said that, the sexual tension there, it's towards the passion of our jobs that leads into the passion of our relationship. It's two people working on horrific stuff in close quarters. Because of their moral compass, they know they can't go down that road.

Mariska:
Quote:

Listen, we are going to have to postpone that, or the show would be over. The good news is that we all want them to. I mean WE all do.

Strange, isn't it?

As for Neal Baer, he's a tease. Always has been. I don't believe a single word he says about the show.

The Only one I'd like to hear him talk about the subject is Co-Executive Producer Ted Kotcheff. I think he's the only one that could give a good answer about this. Just like he did (in other words. slipped) and said; “We tried to give Mariska a boyfriend. Never worked, and I don’t know why. We didn’t want Mariska to have a boyfriend. We didn’t want Benson to have a boyfriend."….

Anyways, it's late for that now. Looks like Mariska's FINALLY going to have that long-waited boyfriend for her character. Neal said something about Dean Porter's comeback for the next season, it was an answer to a romance possibility for Benson question.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think fans fall into three catergories regarding Benson's love life. One group don't care if she ever has one. One wants her with Stabler, and one wants her with March's ADA.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^ And the one that wants her with Dean Porter!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

At this point I don't care, just let's get those cobwebs.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh Gawd, the talk about sexual tension between Elliot and Olivia is so laughable to me. I don't see ANY sexual tension between the two. The two of them getting together would be more than jumping the shark.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Anyone one secure in their sexuality would not be afraid to be in a lesbian relationship "on screen". Stephanie March is married without children and she doesn't seem to mind her character being in a lesbian relationship. I guess Mariska isn't smart enough to see that the gay audience is big enough to make the show a Top 20 show instead of a Top 30 show.

Has anyone ever noticed how Peter doesn't do interviews? This guy is in every picture with her yet we never really hear him speak about his beloved wife. I saw one interview with him after she won the Golden Globe and he was a flaming mess. Not only did a purse fall out but the matching wallet did too!!!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

Oh Gawd, the talk about sexual tension between Elliot and Olivia is so laughable to me. I don't see ANY sexual tension between the two.

Well here's another one from Mariska to laugh at:
Quote:

Sometimes it's very much like brother and sister, and I think the reason that they're so close is that they share a passion for their jobs and for the people. They have a mutual respect for one another. I think that the average lifespan of an SVU detective is four years because of the difficulty and stress involved. They're been doing it for longer than that, so they feel like they're in their own world almost. There's also sexual chemistry between them, it's so loaded and layered. People ask me if they'll ever get together — and people want that, and sometimes I think even Olivia wants that — but I don't think that will ever happen.

As someone said before, Chris's statements about it are always the opposite. But she keeps her silence about the other statements about the possibility of a lesbian relationship for the character.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

Not only did a purse fall out but the matching wallet did too!!!

This quote right here is pure GOLD.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

Has anyone ever noticed how Peter doesn't do interviews? This guy is in every picture with her yet we never really hear him speak about his beloved wife.

As said elsewhere, That's what beards do. They don't talk, they just show up for pictures. It's his job, you know.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · L Anonymous · Next Topic »
Add Reply