Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to L Anonymous.

Click here to register. If you're already a member please log in to your account to be able to post:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Is Liza Minnelli gay?
Topic Started: Jun 19 2008, 08:50 PM (2,496 Views)
SL fan
Unregistered

That's what it certainly sounds like SusieLee over on the DL is saying.

Well, I've heard a lot of things, but I certainly never heard this one.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

That "rumor" ,more like the truth from what I gather, has been around since DL started.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Seems to me she'd have had a much easier life if she were a lesbian.

I knew her very briefly in a peripheral way about 1993 & '94. She was great during that time, sober and looking fantastic and in good health. I think she was in her late 40s at that time.

I never saw any indication she was a lesbian, but as I said, I was on the periphery and not an insider.

She's married at least two gay men, Peter Allen and David Gest, so maybe she has a fear of straight sex and chooses men who don't want her sexually.

My own impression is that she had this bizarre combination of a need for total independence at the same time she wanted someone to take care of her.

One of the most successful relationships of her life was her close friendship with Halston, which makes total sense in relation to my theory.

He was older and richer and could be a mentor and caretaker when she wanted one, but he was gay and didn't require sex of her, and because he had his own creative life and his own money, he didn't try to control her or sponge off of her.

If only he hadn't died of HIV, her life might not have descended to the depths it did. Or at least she might not have let such loser leeches like David Gest get his hands on her.

She was also doing well when she was hanging with Frank Sinatra, as he treated her like a daughter, and he also didn't want her money or try to take advantage of her.

But it seems to me if she were a lesbian, we would know it. She's had so many episodes of public drunkenness, it seems impossible she could be a lesbian and not have hit on some woman and be documented for it.

Also, she's so gay friendly and she's supported us for so many years, it seems like if she were one of us, she'd have said so.

Sorry for being repetitive, but it seems to me more likely she doesn't really want sex with another person at all. Maybe she was molested by someone as a young girl. Sid Luft? Some Hollywood type? Even if it were true, I don't believe we will ever know.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^Nice input! ...I remember some DL-stories about Liza hitting on other women while under the influence. Someone walking in on Liza in her dressing room. But I don't know if there ever been any tidbits about it in the tabloids. Like you said, given her alcohole intake she wouldn't have handled it very smoothly.
She doesn't seem happy and it seems like she's given up on love I guess. It wouldn't surprise me if she got married again, even to another gay man.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

But it seems to me if she were a lesbian, we would know it. She's had so many episodes of public drunkenness, it seems impossible she could be a lesbian and not have hit on some woman and be documented for it.

Also, she's so gay friendly and she's supported us for so many years, it seems like if she were one of us, she'd have said so.

i agree
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

this bizarre combination of a need for total independence at the same time she wanted someone to take care of her.

I have that, too!

Quote:

not true. There are plenty of celebrities who are gay positive who have not "come out."
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

wasn't she with Bianca Jagger at one point
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jun 19 2008, 09:27 PM
She's married at least two gay men, Peter Allen and David Gest, so maybe she has a fear of straight sex and chooses men who don't want her sexually.

It runs in the family - Vicente Minnelli was famously bisexual and her mother's family moved out to California in the mid-20s after Frank Gumm was accused of hitting on male ushers in his theater.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

And her mother quite famously tried to hit on Barbara Streisand on her tv-special. Although the drugs might have been the reason why.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Liza is extremely needy. I couldn't say for sure what her "sexuality" is or if she is even sexual at all...she may have sex but i think it's for emotional closeness -- she has had affairs most notably with cynthia mcfadden...i think that's been off for sometime though, although they are still friends. she wants you to take care of her, and hold her like a baby. i love love love her but she is a mess...a look but don't touch person that should never be counted on, but if she shows up it's a nice surprise.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ah, Cynthia McFadden... I loved that thread on DL when people fought about if she used to be the daughter or lover (!) to Kate Hepburn. Didn't know about her and Minelli though.

I love Liza too, sometimes I think that people may be a little harsh on mocking on her ...Idk. This vid, Liza and the corn lady, is quite funny though, a little mean too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UgWT_JGNI

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

She's not, but she is the original fag hag.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · L Anonymous · Next Topic »
Add Reply