Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to L Anonymous.

Click here to register. If you're already a member please log in to your account to be able to post:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Women of the WNBA
Topic Started: Jul 5 2008, 01:11 AM (193,157 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

So I've looked and I can't find any threads on the hot women of the WNBA. Let's start in Seattle where I live.

Lauren Jackson - definitely a lesbian
Sue Bird - rumors abound that she's BI and currently with another WNBA player who is confirmed lesbian, Kristen Mann.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

This thread is useless without pictures. I'm European and don't know about these women so I think we need pictorical information. It's not like they are in the WTA after all(hence haven't appeared in SI, FHM or other classy rags).
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ohhh, I'm all about my Storm gays. A Bird-Mann situation is total win in my book. Who is LJ with these days?

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 12:17 AM
This thread is useless without pictures. I'm European and don't know about these women so I think we need pictorical information. It's not like they are in the WTA after all(hence haven't appeared in SI, FHM or other classy rags).

Sue Bird

Posted Image

Kristen Mann (on left)

Posted Image

LJ

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Or better yet, who doesn't love a gal in uniform:

Sue Bird

Posted Image

Kristen Mann

Posted Image

LJ

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Don't follow the WNBA, but I know from my brother who attended school with Sue Bird that she is a very naughty girl when drunk.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 02:48 AM
Don't follow the WNBA, but I know from my brother who attended school with Sue Bird that she is a very naughty girl when drunk.

I'll keep that in mind.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 02:48 AM

Details! Please!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Oh my God Lauren Jackson is hot! I had no idea that the WNBA (or whatever it's called) had such hotties!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nothing too salacious. When wasted she is apparently no longer very selective about her make-out partner. He saw her practically dry humping two of his frat buddies, and one of them would have taken her back to his room if her teammate hadn't intervened and dragged her drunk ass home.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 02:57 AM
Oh my God Lauren Jackson is hot! I had no idea that the WNBA (or whatever it's called) had such hotties!

FYI, LJ is an Aussie and posed nude not too long ago..

Posted Image

The rest of the pictures can be found here:

Lauren Jackson
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

You lost me when the word frat came up. The next true frat gossip will be the first ever true frat gossip. Am I calling your bro a liar. Yes. Because seriously everything out of their mouths is bullshit when it comes to possible conquests. I've heard more "she would have got laid if a female friend didn't drag her out of there" stories from my two siblings. Always the same bs.

Don't have a clue if Bird is straight, bi or lesbian. Also don't mean to offend. But gossip from a fraternity member is as worthwhile as a Hollywood publicist. It's pure shit because in their delusional minds every woman is waiting to get laid by them or a frat brother.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 03:11 AM
FYI, LJ is an Aussie and posed nude not too long ago..

Posted Image

The rest of the pictures can be found here:

Lauren Jackson

Thank you! That was yummy :).
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I went to a few fraternity parties. I wasn't out yet. I was still proudly abstinent and had a long distance boyfriend. Anyways after one of the parties, rumors spread that I messed around. Most of my female friends all believed them and it devastated me because nothing occurred. I ended up getting counseling and one of the things we went over was my reputation. The counselor advised it was common that fraternity members made up rumors about women they could not be with (women in loyal long distance relationships, women saving themselves for marriage and suspected lesbians). It helped them to deal with insecurities as men (which apparently is common in the hothouse atmosphere of fraternities). I don't know if the poster's brother is lying. However the moment it became clear he was a frat member I shuddered.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

LOL, you're probably right. My brother isn't a liar, but I've met his frat brothers and they are assholes. One of them made a bet he could convert me during one summer.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

To be fair, there is a heavy Christian atmosphere to sports in America. Many of these women are brought up in that and it has led to some serious repression. One of the most famous cases was Nancy Leiberman who went deep back into the closet, got married and had a kid, and then was outed when her affair with her player Anna DeForge caused havoc with the team she was coaching. Another was Sheryl Swoopes. Now here's a tidbit about Sheryl. Her Mom was so anti-lesbian that when Sheryl wanted to go to Texas her mother insisted she go to Texas Tech instead. Why? Because her Mom heard rumors about lesbianism at the school. Who spread the rumors. Well many female coaches are not only repressed lesbians (causing anti-lesbian feelings based in self loating) themselves but know the parents of possible players are homophobic (but aware their daughters may be lesbians and don't want them to be).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?p...3&notFound=true

Several of the players below did not come out to friends until later. Some dated boys in college (including Bird who was still in the closet and was a mess until her junior year - so drunk story could very well be true). They all have this in common. They love women and have had (or currently have) girlfriends. They have had no boyfriends in the near past. This is just a starting point (a few retired) to get the convo started.

Sue Bird
Mo Currie
Anna DeForge
Shay Doron
Becky Hammon
Kristin Haynie
Chamique Holdsclaw
Lauren Jackson
Nancy Leiberman
Kristen Mann
Katie Smith
Sheryl Swoopes
Michelle Van Gorp
Sue Wicks

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9836/l2...49709d34xp4.jpg
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

More info on Bird please. Is she dating anyone currently? I got curious and googled her today and she is really cute. I also found out she dated Jesse Palmer from the Bachelor, which is a turnoff.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Don't forget Katie Smith's longtime gf Shannon "Pee Wee" Johnson?
And what about Ticha Penicheiro. She's a sister.

I think Holdsclaw was the biggest repressed case of them all though. Wasn't she all anti-gay and then all of a sudden got real silent on the subject:) We all know why!

I don't like Sue Bird's antics. Never have. She promised that radio station they could spank her and she went overboard with bearding (hell with Jesse Palmer - Nick Carter was the disgusting one). She can take home all the Storm female groupies which she does and talk about all the women she's had to her friends. I don't trust her because she went overboard with that I want to be loved crap. Hammon is cuter and never went that route in a vain attempt to get endorsements. Bird can say she didn't do anything but in that case she used those guys years ago. Don't trust her.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

You are a lunatic 4:54. There are so many inaccuracies in your post, it's laughable. What's the matter, did Bird turn you down or something.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

What are the inaccuracies? You can't leave us hanging. Or are you a Bird fan?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I know its their uniform but these outfits are not hot and they are outputting which their crotch of the short about a foot from the floor.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

The WNBA clearly are trying to rebrand themselves by making all their players "sexy" and straight. Well first of all they better get themselve hotter on-court oufits like the WTA. They can get their own AnnaK or Maria Sharapova just to prove that the sport is full of hot, straight women. Of course it will all end in badly as their own MS will end up gay anyway.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I don't really see any recent "rebranding." The first few years of the league, they tried pretty hard to promote married players and femme players and all that kind of stuff. But in recent years, it seems that they've stayed away from that sort of thing. They don't pimp out the straight players any more than the gay players. Of course, that could be because many of the gay players (Bird, Hammon, LJ, etc.) look femme. If, say, Janel McCarville was one of the top players in the league, it might be a different story.

[/QUOTE]Don't forget Katie Smith's longtime gf Shannon "Pee Wee" Johnson?
Quote:

Katie Smith has been with Lindsey Harding for a while now. I'm with 5:01 -- I'm not buying the Sue Bird crap you're trying to sell either.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Bird is just girl next door hot. She supposedly is a big flirt. I've been told that she's standoffish around obvious lesbians but I haven't found that to be the case. She seemed very comfortable at the Season Ticket Holder party last year at the Zoo taking her picture with countless lesbians who were drooling over her.

No one has really heard about LJ's g/f. Some people think it's Susie Jarosch, her manager and a former Storm employee while others think it's her "best friend" from Korea, Dana. There are some that swear that she's dating Diana Taurasi which I just can't see at all!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Bird has been seen with LJ around Seattle, even at an Indigo Girls concert. I've also heard that they have been to the once a month Girl4Girl dances. I wonder if LJ will be out more in the community now that Sheryl Swoopes is in town.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Here are the two Seattle hotties..yummy!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canonfan/2630...57605929385538/
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Katie broke up with Johnson quite awhile back and is with Lindsay Harding. Bird did do some stuff when she was younger that she may not be proud of but to compare her badly to Becky Hammon is foolish. Bird even made it clear that the Nick Carter date was set up by an agent and that the Palmer stuff was when she was much younger. I'll go with 4:28 on Bird because that is closer to what I've heard from people (and people that don't think Katie Smith is still with Johnson). Katie does have excellent taste.

Hammon is the one that is self absorbed to the point of faking a boyfriend. And don't get me started on her playing for the Russian team. That's just all sorts of weird no matter how she presents it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Hammon is getting a lot of attention because she's playing for the Russian women's basketball team in the Olympics. I've heard that she's got a "boyfriend" now because of all the publicity. I guess she's really worried that mainstream America will really not like her if they find out she's a lesbian as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Re: Bird - don't playa hate, celebrate. She was probably no different than many other young women in college struggling with these issues. I think she leans more towards bi than lesbian to be honest but no amount of smack talk about her will make me love her less. Girl has point guard game and I don't care how many drunk frat boys she dry humped when she was 19. Heck, it probably improved her ball handling skills.

*ba dum bump* Thanks, I'll be here all week!

Here are a few others not listed above but are a given:

Sheri Sam
Latasha Byears
Vickie Johnson
Temeka Dixon

Here are a few I suspect, but have no back up info:

Alana Beard
Candice Dupree
Kendra Wecker
Deanna Nolan
Barbara Turner
Loree Moore

Here are a few that I would not be surprised if they eventually come out years from now:

Katie Douglas
Lindsay Whalen
Shanna Crossley
Betty Lennox
Kara Lawson

Note: All of the above is pure conjecture on my part, nothing is fact!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'd love to hear any gossip out there about Lindsay Whalen. I've always wondered about her....and I think she is really sexy. Maybe just wishful thinking.

How about Candace Parker? Any chance she might be a closet case?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 06:04 PM
How about Candace Parker? Any chance she might be a closet case?

I don't think so. She's currently with a male bball player, maybe in the NBA, don't recall. Not that that means anything of course, but she's never really given off the closet vibe to me.

Re: Lindsay Whalen - she's currently married to a guy golfer from Minnesota and was with him through most of college. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line..I have nothing solid to base that on though.

Forgot to mention Dawn Staley in the suspect group.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Dawn is straight. You see a lot of women involved in basketball in similar situations--unmarried, single--because the sport and coaching demand so much time and devotion, it's hard to maintain a personal life. Even the lesbians tend not to have LTR.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 06:52 PM
Dawn is straight. You see a lot of women involved in basketball in similar situations--unmarried, single--because the sport and coaching demand so much time and devotion, it's hard to maintain a personal life. Even the lesbians tend not to have LTR.

Yeah, true. I had just wondered about Dawn with nothing solid to base it on. The whole no-life outside of basketball thing makes it difficult to determine if someone is truly single or closeted and the WHY of that. It's good to remember that the life of a college bball coach female or male is one often driven by year-round work and schedules and by the love of the game. Having a personal life beyond that is tough for sure..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Betty Lennox is a lesbian. Her g/f was known in Seattle to sit in the same section and seat every game. Also other former Seattle player's(Simone Edwards) gf sat with Betty's girl in the same section.

Parker's finance is Shelden Williams of the NBA Sacramento Kings. If my memory serves me right I think they are getting married after the Olympics sometime.

Sam with was Jackson during the 2004 season in Seattle. That was widely known. Even in 2005 when Charlotte was knocked out of the playoffs, Sam was seen here in Seattle with Jackson.

Beard and Turner are straight. Deanna Nolan is with Elaine Powell who is also on the Detroit Shock. Loree Moore (according to Liberty fans) is definitely gay and has a girl on her arm after every home game. No info on Wecker.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

What does Betty's g/f look like? I didn't know the Sam and Jackson thing was widely know, but I suspected something was up when I read an article about Sheri having dinner with Lauren's parents.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Becky Hammon has some weird identity issues and is one of my least favorite players, so I don't even want to claim her as a lez, but from what I hear, she is one.

She was extremely closeted at one point point but dating a girl named Megan, who was her exact twin (creepy).

They were both closeted and Megan spoke in support of lesbian hater Rene Portland.

When she got on the Liberty she got all "single white female" on Spoon, copying her way of dress and mannerisms, like the blondest African american stud you've ever seen. It was wacky.

Then she went to the other bizarre extreme when she wasn't in that environment and started doing broadcasting. She started dressing and presenting herself as this very femmy blond tv presenter.

I guess if you add this together with her decision to play for Russia against her countrywomen, it's either "no identity of her own" or it's just all about the $ for her.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Wecker is just a straight girl, I think the muscles confuse people.

Holdsclaw lives pretty openly with Jennifer Lacy.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

If I remember correctly, Betty's g/f was Asian. Very pretty. Have no idea if they are still together. Chamique Holdsclaw (now retired) is with Jen Lacy of the Atlanta Dream. They have a house together in Atlanta and there are plenty of pictures on each of their MySpace pages with each other.

I remember seeing LJ driving her jeep into the players parking lot back during the 2005 playoffs. There were about 10 women standing above the lot when Sheri got out of the passenger side, Lj jumped out of the drivers side. They hesitated when they met on the drivers side, laughed at all the women looking at them and hugged. LJ went on to play like crap and Seattle lost in the first round of the playoffs. Also earlier that same year when Charlotte came to town, Sheri came out with LJ in her Jeep after the game. LJ clearly had her hand on Sheri's leg after they pulled out onto the street. LJ has long arms and they are very easy to follow.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

here's jackson's athens dream cover. WOW!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/06/22/laurenjackson.jpg
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

mmm..the eyes of LJ.

http://www.jamd.com/image/g/77169483
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

That's hot 7:22. maybe they're still together?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Ok, what's the scoop on Becky Hammon?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Coupled up (awww-but it must be hard with the traveling in the WNBA):
Tweety and Elaine
Jen and ex-player Chamique
Swoopes and ex-assistant coach Scott
Harding and Smith
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 07:04 PM
Deanna Nolan is with Elaine Powell

Awww..and I like Tweety too. Drop the thug, Deanna.

Re: Wecker...not so sure, there were rumblings when she was at K-State and I pretty much assumed the issues she had with (major control-freak, scary religious lesbian) coach Deb Patterson was due in part to Wecker's (assumed) sexuality. You know, internalized homophobia manifested in external homophobic discrimination. Patterson gave Wecker and others some major psychodrama mindfuck shit while they were playing. She has no business coaching if you ask me, which no one did. I like to entertain the thought that Wecker and Mahoney helped each other through the tough times. You know.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Nope. Don't think Sheri and LJ are still together. They still cut up and laugh when on court together but no spark left that that I can see. I'd say they are just friends now. LJ has been linked to three women lately and no one knows who she is really with. The first is Diana Taurasi. I don't see it. I think they are just really good friends. Might there be a "friends with benefits" time with them when they are in Russia? I think that's a good possiblity. The next is LJ's best friend from Korea, Dana. Very hot and came down last year just to "help" LJ pack up her condo before leaving for the offseason. Makes you go hmm??? The last is LJ's manager who used to work for the Storm, Susie Jarosch. I have a good friend who saw them out together at Girl4Girl here in Seattle. Susie was ignoring LJ and talking to everyone and LJ was getting really pissed off according to my friend. Hello, you are with LJ why do you need to ignore her around other women?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 07:22 PM
If I remember correctly, Betty's g/f was Asian. Very pretty. Have no idea if they are still together. Chamique Holdsclaw (now retired) is with Jen Lacy of the Atlanta Dream. They have a house together in Atlanta and there are plenty of pictures on each of their MySpace pages with each other.

Very interesting, considering Chamique's homophobic past. where are these myspace links because I think I found Jen's but Chamique is not linked there.

http://www.myspace.com/jllace
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Diana Taurasi is one of the girls I've heard inside confirmation is straight, but I can understand the optimism. She can seem like a tomboy. Sigh... false positive my friend.

Is Dana the foxy Korean chick Lauren's been all over town with? If she is Lauren's new girlfriend, I say nice work Lauren. Sitting on Lauren's lap --> here
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I do not mean to sound homosexist in any way. However with the number of closeted WNBA players that have come out later (even after marrying and having children), I'm not about to say any of them are definitively straight. Just saying that there seems to be a pattern when someone like Chamique goes from anti-lesbian to full fledged lesbian or someone like Swoopes goes from married with child to in love with her then female assistant coach.

I know I'm repeating info but maybe we should call married (or with boyfriend) WNBA players "possibly straight" or "maybe straight." Few women pretend to be in same sex romances but it does seem quite a few WNBA players have a habit of pretending they are in love with men.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 10:58 PM
Diana Taurasi is one of the girls I've heard inside confirmation is straight, but I can understand the optimism. She can seem like a tomboy. Sigh... false positive my friend.

Is Dana the foxy Korean chick Lauren's been all over town with? If she is Lauren's new girlfriend, I say nice work Lauren. Sitting on Lauren's lap --> here

Yep that's Dana. She's even more stunning in person.

As far as Holdsclaw's MySpace page, her page is linked below but private. I was added as a friend one time and saw lots of pics of them together but now she's gone ultra private and deleted anyone she doesn't know personally.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26439488
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 5 2008, 09:40 PM
Awww..and I like Tweety too. Drop the thug, Deanna.

Re: Wecker...not so sure, there were rumblings when she was at K-State and I pretty much assumed the issues she had with (major control-freak, scary religious lesbian) coach Deb Patterson was due in part to Wecker's (assumed) sexuality. You know, internalized homophobia manifested in external homophobic discrimination. Patterson gave Wecker and others some major psychodrama mindfuck shit while they were playing. She has no business coaching if you ask me, which no one did. I like to entertain the thought that Wecker and Mahoney helped each other through the tough times. You know.

Wecker is just as religious as Patterson, though. At least she was. Patterson's religious ways were a big draw to K-State for a lot of those in-state players.

Do you know why Wecker and Patterson are so frosty towards each other? It happened in the year after Wecker graduated.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

here's your answer on the Wecker-Patterson falling out. Seems when Patterson's contract was up for renewal Wecker had some choice things to say about her in the media.

http://blogs.cjonline.com/index.php?entry=645
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Bird and Jackson hot again tonight on the court. Lots of hugs tonight on the bench in the fourth quarter. I swear Bird, Jackson and Swoopes were laughing and pointing like giddy school girls albeit very cute school girls .
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 09:37 AM
here's your answer on the Wecker-Patterson falling out. Seems when Patterson's contract was up for renewal Wecker had some choice things to say about her in the media.

Thanks for the link, but that article was nebulous. I've never seen details as to why Wecker and Patterson fell out. One year they're in the NCAA Tournament and Wecker is touted the greatest player in K-State history, and the next Wecker is a nonentity who makes vague comments about K-State needing to rethink Patterson's contract.

It doesn't make sense. I still think Wecker is straight, unless she's in the Holdsclaw mold and just needs to escape her hometown and family influence to discover herself.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 08:52 AM

As far as Holdsclaw's MySpace page, her page is linked below but private. I was added as a friend one time and saw lots of pics of them together but now she's gone ultra private and deleted anyone she doesn't know personally.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=26439488

By together do you mean like obviously a couple, like kissing or captions to the effect of me and my honey, or just hanging out? They don't even have each other as top friends.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 09:37 AM

Mechelle Voepel also wrote a very interesting column in the KC Star about this whole deal. Unfortunately, the link was old and I can't find it anymore, but it's mentioned in her ESPN column here. There were lots of reprisals and petty personal slights by Deb and Kamie to players and student managers for various as you say nebulous reasons. It was her way or the highway.

Not that there aren't plenty of other coaches like that, but I think it screwed up her players in different ways. Wecker was fantastic and should have made a big impact in the WNBA. Injury aside, I thought she had what it took and hope she finds the right team. Ohlde is a lovely person, but is so soft and non-aggressive as a big she reminds me of Dydek in a way. From all accounts, Ohlde and Koehn were favored by Patterson though if you read between the lines. Seems Wecker got most of the mindfucking from Deb.

What I find highly ironic is Deb pulling out all that religious shit to recruit those small-town players. Of course one can be religious and a lesbian, but her brand is a damaging if you ask me. I wish that link to the Star article worked because Mechelle provided a great deal of background info and specifics. Then after all that fallout, KState gives her an extension. The mind boggles.

Which is all to say that the environment in that program would make it difficult for any lesbian or questioning player to come out in or to not walk away with some kind of damage (IMO).

(I sound like I have something personal against Patterson; I don't mostly. I just really do not agree with her methods and her coaching enough to take an interest in what happens to her players)
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

It's odd to me that Bird and Jackson have never hooked up. Two gorgeous girls spending almost all of their time together and there was no occasion for hooking up?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Well, I dug around a bit and found the archived Voepel article re: K-State and the Wecker situation. For the three of us here who care..heh.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^^^^ sorry, the story is in several parts and finding it on the wayback machine is difficult. But here you go, lesbian basketball drama in all its glory.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 03:47 PM
^^^^ sorry, the story is in several parts and finding it on the wayback machine is difficult. But here you go, lesbian basketball drama in all its glory.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Wow, thanks for doing all of that legwork. Wecker wasn't nebulous in that article. I can't tell if Koehn and Ohlde are still in Patterson's corner. I wish Mahoney had spoken out; she was always one of my favorites.

Is Ethridge still with K-State? That article all but outed them.

The part about the necklaces was bad, but the team managers' story was infuriating. How could anyone think it was a good move to send them back like that? Especially since the early return tickets were purchased a week earlier! That was petty and calculating.

I wonder if Voepel's access to the program was hurt at all. From that article Patterson seems the type to hold grudges.

The post-season awards banquet was nasty as well. It was an in-your-face snub to Wecker, as was not giving her her Big 12 Player of the Year award and pretending not to know about it.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Yes, Ethridge is still there. She's been mentioned for coaching jobs here and there, but you know. Even before the article, they were known to be together by the locals. Which puts a bit of a..spin on the whole thing if you ask me. Plus I hate that petty bullshit and playing mindgames like that. Speaks to insecurity, vindictiveness, and instability - I'd never want my daughter to play for someone like that.

I think Ohlde and Koehn are still on good terms w/ Patterson. And yeah, I think Mahoney probably got some of the same treatment as Wecker but perhaps isn't as willing to be vocal. In Voepel's ESPN article, she mentioned that the story might reduce access to the program. I haven't heard any scuttlebutt about it since then though.

Some crazy shit, huh?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

ps. Kendra Wecker is indeed playing in the W; she's with the Mystics now. I forgot that. I just looked up at the game on ABC right now and there she was. I hope her ears aren't burning..
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 06:26 PM
ps. Kendra Wecker is indeed playing in the W; she's with the Mystics now. I forgot that. I just looked up at the game on ABC right now and there she was. I hope her ears aren't burning..

Is Mahoney in the league?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 06:42 PM
Is Mahoney in the league?

I don't think she's with a team this year, Connecticut cut her. The Mystics could sign her and they could create little Manhattan out at the Sun: Koehn, Wecker, and Mahoney - together again.

Speaking of Connecticut, put Erin Phillips on my suspected lesbo list.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Erin is engaged to a man.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Let me repeat this for the last time. We are talking WNBA. It doesn't validate that a woman is straight just because they are married (ex. Sheryl Swoopes, Nancy Lieberman). It just doesn't validate.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

^^^^ Well maybe, but I wouldn't extrapolate too far based on those examples. I'm inclined to agree that the proportion of lesbians in the league that are gay is greater than a random sample, but I'm not going so far as to assume everyone is gay until proven straight.

There was an interview or some such with a gay player and she estimated that it's 50/50 gay/straight. I'm actually willing to give her that and assume that 1 out of 2 players are actually straight..no skin off my back. It's just a matter of figuring out all those other 50%ers.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I'm not saying she's definitively one way or another. I simply stated that she is engaged to a man. And for every Liberman, Swoopes, or Brogan there's plenty of WNBA players who are still married to men. Though I have to admit, basketball tends to have a higher amount of lesbians than most sports. In my boredom, I was contemplating why this is the case. One hypothesis is the long road trips, busy schedules, and extended hours they spend exclusively in the company of other women, is conducive to extreme female bonding. But all of those quantities also apply to soccer and volleyball players, so I don't know.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I would like to think Bird and LJ might have hooked up at least once. A kiss would be hot beyond belief but I'd think it would have been just that, an innocent kiss. Those two are very close. I have a few "ins" in Seattle now so maybe I'll get some info on Bird or LJ. Got to bide my time and be cool about it though. Can't piss off my inside connections.

Bird and Mann are thought to be a couple. Over Valentines this year, it was reported by a local in Moscow that Mann was in town from France for the long weekend and staying with Bird. Hmm..Bird is very very private and very evasive apparently when asked questions.

She has no problem flirting with Lesbians because she knows the majority are drooling over her girl-next-door looks. She is very personable as well.

My g/f took my picture with her at the season ticket holders party last year at the Zoo. She was very nice and even put her arm around me. I didn't even realize when we were taking the picture so I couldn't really enjoy it at the time!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

04:28 AM is now officially the smartest woman on L Anonymous. I think I'm in love.

There is a misperception among many that certain women's sports, like basketball, softball, and soccer are lesbian meccas - tolerant and accepting and open-minded.

The reality is much the opposite - particularly at the high school and even the college levels. The reality it that these sports are predominantly conservative and paranoid about lesbianism due to the heavy involvement of parents, administrators etc.

The average girl's high school basketball team is still predominantly made up of straight girls and frightened or self-loathing closet cases, and the result can be a very hostile atmosphere that can force many young lesbians into attempting to conform by dating guys, etc.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 06:17 PM
Plus I hate that petty bullshit and playing mindgames like that. Speaks to insecurity, vindictiveness, and instability - I'd never want my daughter to play for someone like that.

Reminds me why I quit playing college basketball after one year. Endless mind games. It's all about bringing you down...then, when the coach brings you back up, they are the "hero." Something tells me Wecker saw through the BS and never saw Patterson as the hero.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 6 2008, 06:26 PM

Wecker only played 4 minutes today. Is she injured or just not a great WNBA player?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Not a great WNBA player
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Should be interesting on Thursday in Seattle. Taurasi, Jackson and Bird playing in Seattle! Those three are always fun to watch.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

All my favorite teams and players are in the west, seems unfair almost. I don't even know what team I want to win.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I hear that Bird is a bit homophobic. I know a girl who won an auction who is CLEARLY lesbian and a fangurl of hers. They went out to eat dinner with two of this girls best friends. Bird sat next to this obvious lesbian and had her arm around her and sitting really close. Yeah, if she were really homophobic she wouldn't have done that. I'd say she's loving every minute of making that girl squirm in her seat.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

bump
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I was reading somewhere else that Cheryl Miller isn't coaching anymore cause she slept with her players. I want names people!! Supposedly she's got a ring on now and is dating just one... a former player. Anyone have the goods?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

She's with one of her former players Michelle Brogan, formerly known as Michelle Griffiths. There were rumours about her and Michelle Timms as well.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Michelle Brogan was married to a man and had a child with him too. Behold the power of Cheryl Miller. She also flirted with a bunch of the fans. I read a BI that many people thought referred to her. It was about a former female athlete who had a drinking problem and abused her partner.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Timms was rumoured to have had a short affair with Miller which ended very badly.

Timms and Brogan (or Griffiths as she was at the time) were rumoured to have had a dressing room fight (related to Miller) during the Sydney Olympics.

Timms is also rumoured to have had relationships with at least two other former WNBL (Australian league) team-mates.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Michelle Timms is gay? .. . just kidding. Was there ever any doubt? It's like looking at german soccer players!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

I thought Timmsy was straight for the longest time, no joke. This was before I realised lesbians could have babies. I can't believe Brogan and Timms got into a rumble during the Olympics. I would have never thought any of our Opals would put their romantic entanglements ahead of their patriotism. Lesbian drama. So how did the Timms/Miller affair end? Was it because of Brogan?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

"Michelle Timms is gay? .. . just kidding. Was there ever any doubt?"

I have no doubt that she's a lesbian.

But, at about the time that Timms became captain of the Australian women's basketball team (1998?, 1999?), she was quoted as saying that she wanted to get married and have children.

And I have NEVER seen or heard any interview with Timms in which she has given ANY indication that she's a lesbian.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

"So how did the Timms/Miller affair end? Was it because of Brogan?"

According to the rumours at the time, the Timms/Miller affair took after Miller's long term relationship with another woman ended and before her relationship with Brogan commenced - so it probably took place in around 1999. And, again according to rumour, the fight was apparently about the fact that Brogan had taken up with Miller.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Why would she be closeted? Maybe her coaching aspirations, but as a pro coach, I wouldn't think that should be an issue. It could be that she is straight.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

As a life long Tennessee fan I will never stop hating Bird.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

"Why would she be closeted?"

I think that there is a perception in Australia that out lesbian athletes are not marketable. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one openly lesbian female Australian basketball player (Karen Smith) - yet, at one time, at least one WNBL team had a regular starting five that was rumoured to be 100% lesbian.

Similarly, over the last five years, the Australian women's soccer team has LOOKED increasingly heterosexual.

One wonders whether shows like the L-Word have allowed lesbians to back into the closet by making them physically and politically indistinguishable from straight women.

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Yeah but she's retired. She's not getting marketed anyway. I really don't see the point of making statements about wanting to marry a man if she's gay.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

"I really don't see the point of making statements about wanting to marry a man if she's gay."

I think that we were all surprised when she made that statement!
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Did Timms actually say she wanted to marry a man or did she just say she wanted to get married and have children.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

http://lh6.ggpht.com/marlarenee.stewart/SE....JPG?imgmax=512

http://picasaweb.google.com/marlarenee.ste...245734631045730

There's more pics but they do deserve some privacy (these pics were posted in a public place, so a couple wont hurt since I found them by accident looking for bball pics) but they're def. together.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Damn, Chamique is looking really butched.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Quote:

Yeah but she's retired. She's not getting marketed anyway. I really don't see the point of making statements about wanting to marry a man if she's gay.

She wants to be a big time coach probably on the national level so she probably thinks being open would hurt her chances.

It's kind of silly because even people with the worst gaydar imaginable can pick her out of a lineup. But at least she didn't let the closet hold her back from having a kid on her own a few years ago.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

"having a kid on her own"

I'm not sure that she did have the child on her own or whether she's still with the woman that she seems to have been with for quite a few years.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Is Timmsy's lady an Aussie?
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

what a waste that this seems strictly platonic

Posted Image

i keep holding out hope for a hammon and bird hookup too but don't think that is happening
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 12 2008, 07:01 AM
http://lh6.ggpht.com/marlarenee.stewart/SE....JPG?imgmax=512

http://picasaweb.google.com/marlarenee.ste...245734631045730

There's more pics but they do deserve some privacy (these pics were posted in a public place, so a couple wont hurt since I found them by accident looking for bball pics) but they're def. together.

Awww. Jen Lacy is pretty. Chamique did well for herself, and I'm glad she finally seems happy now.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

File under "ping on the court" but "don't ping at all, or only a little off court"

jia perkins
armintie price
rebekkah brunson
alana beard

File under "never would've thunk it, but there you are"

Lauren Jackson
Lindsay Harding
Kristen Mann

Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

You would have to be blind not to see that Lindsay Harding is gay. She dresses like a dude most of the time and talks and walks like one too.
Quote Post Goto Top

Unregistered

Jul 14 2008, 01:40 AM
You would have to be blind not to see that Lindsay Harding is gay.  She dresses like a dude most of the time and talks and walks like one too.

You can't be talking about the same Lindsay Harding. She dresses casually, but not butch at all, and she's very soft-spoken.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · L Anonymous · Next Topic »
Add Reply