Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Miniature Railway World Forums, the leading miniature railway forums on the internet, with over 1100 members.

The forums are full of discussion ranging from current activities to historical research.

There is also member-only access to a trip-report, photos & videos section, sells/wanted rooms and the off topic discussion areas.

So why not join in? Registration is quick, easy, and of course free! If you have any trouble, email us at info@miniaturerailwayworld.co.uk

Click Here to Register at Miniature Railway World Forums

Please note, you must be registered and logged-in to access all the forums

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Writing for The Digest; A plea from the Editor!
Topic Started: 2 Dec 2008, 11:28 AM (2,466 Views)
colinpeake
Member Avatar
MRW Digest Editor
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Firstly, please accept my apologies for the lack of a Digest since September and lack of explanation. Not only has the forum undergone extensive work, but I have not been able to devote time to writing anything of the quality which I would like to see in a Digest.

As Digest Editor I cannot not write something new every four weeks based on my own experiences - I simply do not have the stories to tell, as I am limited by various factors as to where I get to visit, and I'm very concious of a creeping bias towards Northern 15" gauge railways...

In the future it is likely that the Digest will not be a monthly publication but an occassional series of articles, perhaps 6/7 a year.

How can you help?

What any Editor needs is a selection of material to publish, this could be:

• Research findings,
  • A description of a series of interesting visits you have made,
  • Construction and design,
  • Operational aspects.

What do we need?

Don't worry if you aren't the world's greatest wordsmith (I'm certainly not), we can usually tidy things up for our audience. On average a typical main Digest feature is roughly 2 pages of A4 (at 12 point text size) and 6/7 pictures with permission from the copyright holder to publish online.

What do I do next?

If you are interested in contributing a Digest feature, please send me a PM! We are especially interested in hearing about subjects in the South of the UK and on smaller gauges, but will consider anything related to miniature railways that will be suited to a wider audience.

Don't forget - the Digest needs your contribution of words and pictures to continue!

Colin
Colin Peake
MRW Digest Editor

My blog: O9 Modeller
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Miniature Railway World Digest · Next Topic »
Locked Topic