Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Miniature Railway World Forums, the leading miniature railway forums on the internet, with over 1100 members.

The forums are full of discussion ranging from current activities to historical research.

There is also member-only access to a trip-report, photos & videos section, sells/wanted rooms and the off topic discussion areas.

So why not join in? Registration is quick, easy, and of course free! If you have any trouble, email us at info@miniaturerailwayworld.co.uk

Click Here to Register at Miniature Railway World Forums

Please note, you must be registered and logged-in to access all the forums

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Coniston Miniature Railway; Private Line
Topic Started: 19 Jul 2009, 11:17 PM (8,146 Views)
laalratty
No Avatar
Driver
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The date of the auction has been set for Saturday 26th May, and all genuine enquiries about purchase of equipment should be directed at the Auctioneers, Michael Hodgson of Kendal. A catelogue will be available nearer the time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alanjohnlew
No Avatar
Cleaner
[ *  *  *  * ]
An ad by the auctioneers is on p21 of the May Railway Magazine.

Robert_Fox
No Avatar
Porter
[ * ]
laalratty
25 Mar 2012, 08:53 PM
The date of the auction has been set for Saturday 26th May, and all genuine enquiries about purchase of equipment should be directed at the Auctioneers, Michael Hodgson of Kendal. A catelogue will be available nearer the time.
On-line sale details HERE

Robert
Edited by Robert_Fox, 7 Apr 2012, 04:58 PM.

laalratty
No Avatar
Driver
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have just been informed that the catelogue for the Coniston equipment can be purchased from Hodgsons for £5 plus postage costs, this information is not on the website yet

Phil Ashworth
No Avatar
Porter
[ * ]
The online version of the catalogue is available now... but bizarrely not where you would expect it to be...You need to click on CURRENT FURNITURE AUCTIONS !!! Not logical Captain Kirk. !...the link from "current auctions" has not been updated.

Phil

John Nicholson
No Avatar
Driver
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Go to Coniston Miniature Raileway auction direct link on that page.

David Humphreys
Member Avatar
Director
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
or even click this

http://www.michael-cl-hodgson.co.uk/downloads/MCL-ConistonRailay-catalogue-WEB.pdf

AJcoulls
Member Avatar
Director
My computer is having a bit of a problem with pdfs at the moment - so I rang and bought a catalogue. I can't make the vieiwing or sale, so this is a worthy document in its own right for the miniature railway bookshelf.

I know where I can get an engine...any time I want

John Nicholson
No Avatar
Driver
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I could not make the auction but could anyone with information please let us know what the lots raise particularly the engines.

Thanks

John

Selsig
Member Avatar
Cleaner
[ *  *  *  * ]
I couldn't say anything about the engines, just what I know about - namely that Holywath Signalbox and Lever frame went for £400 plus comission as a combined purchase, and the 22 lever ground frame was got for £130.

Any volunteers to help us dismantle them and load them up for transport south would be appreciated when we figure out a date to go and fetch...
John Savage

Echills Wood Railway
Assistant Yardmaster
Signalling Designer and Installer

laalratty
No Avatar
Driver
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wasn't at the auction as definatly no money to buy, I may well find out the prices of some of the bigger items tommorow, if I've given permission to I will post them
Meanwhile, something that was an extremely well kept secret was that the railway was operateable (just) as late as last October and running sessions were held at reasonably regular intervals up until then. I was lucky enough to be present at what turned out to be the last running session with steam locos, and with the line now closed and dispersed I've been given permission to post video of the last day. Taken by me and one of the volunteers it shows Holywrath and Josephene being prepared, running and finally being disposed of. Included was a very rare (possibly unprecidented) double header
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cKsS85X9zI

AJcoulls
Member Avatar
Director
Thoroughly enjoyed the video, thanks, as I was never able to see the railway. It looked every bit as good as the books and pictures led me to believe. I believe there may be a report on the auction soon when one of our members gets back.

I know where I can get an engine...any time I want

laalratty
No Avatar
Driver
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have early results on the auction from my contact. He has bought Josephene, one of the engineers at Ravenglass has Trenarren whilst Holywrath and Henrietta are apparantly going initially on static display in Cleethorpes

watrail
Member Avatar
Ticket Collector
[ *  * ]
Hi all final hammer prices for the locomotives are as follows:

‘Holywath’ built1932 £4'750.00
‘Trenarren’ 1932 £2'200.00
‘Josephine’ Circa 1964 £7'500.00
‘Henrietta’ £14'000.00 :blink:
'Works Wagon' £700.00?
‘John Hext’ £700.00
Edited by watrail, 26 May 2012, 10:55 PM.
oliver price
watford miniature railway
watford hertfordshire

John Nicholson
No Avatar
Driver
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Oliver,

I really would have liked Holywath or Trenarron as I have driven both a number of times and they are super locos. Holywath was my preferred and I do not really know why except that it steamed well and had a lever reverse which made the gradients easier.
Rip Coniston MR

John

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Up to and Including 7¼" · Next Topic »
Add Reply