Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Miniature Railway World Forums, the leading miniature railway forums on the internet, with over 1100 members.

The forums are full of discussion ranging from current activities to historical research.

There is also member-only access to a trip-report, photos & videos section, sells/wanted rooms and the off topic discussion areas.

So why not join in? Registration is quick, easy, and of course free! If you have any trouble, email us at info@miniaturerailwayworld.co.uk

Click Here to Register at Miniature Railway World Forums

Please note, you must be registered and logged-in to access all the forums

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Neville R Knight
Topic Started: 14 Jan 2017, 10:50 AM (399 Views)
Rhylmr
No Avatar
Guard
[ *  *  * ]
Nev Knight died on Christmas Day 2016 at his home in Wigan. He had been in good spirits the day before when he had eaten a meal with his neighbour. Had he survived to the date of his funeral yesterday he would have been 87.

Nev was the author of British Miniature Railways published by RailRomances. He was a familiar sight with his camera at miniature lines all around the UK.

It looks as if his archives will be going into the care of the Manchester Locomotive Society, where they will be in good company with the collections of Neville Fields and Harold Bowtell.

Best Wishes

Simon
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AJcoulls
Member Avatar
Director
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you for letting us know Simon, another of the old school leaves us. Who will carry the torch into the future? It is good to hear that his archives are safe.

I know where I can get an engine...any time I want

colinpeake
Member Avatar
MRW Digest Editor
Sad news, his memories will live on through his book and photographs.

Colin
Colin Peake
MRW Digest Editor

My blog: O9 Modeller

craiggluyas
Member Avatar
Director
Very sad news, the curse of 2016 has hit our hobby hard. I hadn't seen Neville since moving south and have very fond memories, such a kind gentleman. Very sad that now I definitely won't bump into him again.

It is great that his archives will be safe, his pictorial records must be the Ying to Mr Holroyde's Yang.

Thank you Neville.
Craig Gluyas

Talking to one's self is a sign of madness. I talk to my imaginary friend.

Nick Tozer
Member Avatar
Deputy Manager
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Saddened to hear of his passing :(

IBLSKeith
No Avatar
Porter
[ * ]
I am very sorry to hear this news. Even though I never met Neville in person as we were separated by the Atlantic Ocean, we had a lively conversation by mail and e-mail. Neville shared many lovely photographs with me and I have an album of images he graciously sent to me.

Keith Taylor, Jefferson, Maine USA

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions & Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply