Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Miniature Railway World Forums, the leading miniature railway forums on the internet, with over 1100 members.

The forums are full of discussion ranging from current activities to historical research.

There is also member-only access to a trip-report, photos & videos section, sells/wanted rooms and the off topic discussion areas.

So why not join in? Registration is quick, easy, and of course free! If you have any trouble, email us at info@miniaturerailwayworld.co.uk

Click Here to Register at Miniature Railway World Forums

Please note, you must be registered and logged-in to access all the forums

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dymchurch Road; 15" gauge in O9
Topic Started: 24 Aug 2017, 09:18 AM (122 Views)
dereksmith
Member Avatar
Deputy Manager
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As a break from my Volk's layout I have started on a new O9 layout based on a presumtion. The presumprion is that the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway Heritage Group have finally got fed up with the railway's management ignoring their growing collection and have decided to build their own museum and short operating line. The site is a field behind the houses in Dymchurch Road (I used to live in Dymchurch Road) and it is joined to the main railway by a trailing connection off the down road about 300 yards on the Romney side of Collin's Bridge.

The layout is on two small boards measuring in total 47" x 8". The baseboards have been constructed from 10mm foamcore as an experiment which so far seems to be working well.

To run on the line I have continued with the design and developement of ex RH&DR stock. In the picture are the three different types of original 4 wheelers (open, semi open, baggage/guard), a Clayton Pullman in original form, Red Gauntlet and The Scooter. I also have the Royal Saloon, a rebuilt Clayton and a 12 seater saloon but they still need a bit of work. I also have the Rolls Royce and a TMA diesel under development, and am looking at a 20 seat teak (which are being withdrawn at present on the 'real' railway) and the Theakston Ford - plus various freight wagons. The current stock and the other items will all be available through my Shapeways shop as time allows.

Will keep members up to date with progress, which is going to be slow due to exhibition commitments with both the Volk's layout and Eastbourne Remembered.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 20170823_163425.jpg (5.82 MB)
Derek Smith
dereksmith@westgateonsea.net
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Miniature Railway Modelling Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply