Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Miniature Railway World Forums, the leading miniature railway forums on the internet, with over 1400 members.

The forums are full of discussion ranging from current activities to historical research.

There is also member-only access to a trip-report, photos & videos section, sells/wanted rooms and the off topic discussion areas.

So why not join in? Registration is quick, easy, and of course free! If you have any trouble, email us at info@miniaturerailwayworld.co.uk

Click Here to Register at Miniature Railway World Forums

Please note, you must be registered and logged-in to access all the forums

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Locomotive scrap book; a few shots of our engines
Topic Started: 26 Aug 2006, 07:24 AM (2,687 Views)
DavidColley
Member Avatar
Instigator of Waving.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Just thought it would be a fun idea if we all shared our locomotives, whether they be for garden, private, or commercial use. It's always interesting to see the differences in the type and sizes in use around the country...
So here goes, the first entry is by myself with a few side shots taken at our last "fun day"

Posted Image

This is Smokey Joe, our number one engine. A 5/8th scale Bagnall designed to work in the Turkish mines...

Posted Image

This is Pet, based on the infamous Kerr Stuart Wren, a small contractors locomotive

Posted Image

This is Lottie, a 5/8th scale lister railtruck. Although since this photo was taken, we have repainted her a darker green, and she has the weights between the axles to hide the lay shaft.

Posted Image

Here you can see Anne in the station, waiting to take another train down our half mile of track. Anne is based on a small loco used in the power station where Keith Hardy, the designer and builder of this and the two steam loco's, used to work.

Well, there we go. I've shown you ours, so now you shouw us yours....!

Check out the website, Sherwood Forest Railway
plug, plug, plug.....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Simon Moore
Member Avatar
Red Dragon
[ *  * ]
I love miniature narrow gauge locos, some great pictures here David, great stuff. :)

penrose
Member Avatar
Operations Manager
Our main (& only!) loco on the Penrose Light Railway:
Posted Image
2-4-2 petrol mechanical built by Bruce Whalley (Weston Park) a few years back...out of action for the moment until track laying has reached a good length...Steam in a few years time possibly!

colinpeake
Member Avatar
MRW Digest Editor
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
penrose
Aug 29 2006, 08:53 PM
Our main (& only!) loco on the Penrose Light Railway:

2-4-2 petrol mechanical built by Bruce Whalley (Weston Park) a few years back...out of action for the moment until track laying has reached a good length...Steam in a few years time possibly!

Interesting loco Charles, I know a few people who would be looking at that and planning a model in Gn15 using a Bachmann On30 mechanism!

Colin
Colin Peake
MRW Digest Editor

My blog: O9 Modeller

penrose
Member Avatar
Operations Manager
sandshifter
Aug 29 2006, 09:26 PM
Interesting loco Charles, I know a few people who would be looking at that and planning a model in Gn15 using a Bachmann On30 mechanism!

Colin

Feel free to circulate the photo to your fellow modellers if you wish Colin...

Here's a pic of another loco owned by one of the forum members - "Bertie" owned by Kevin Bennett - hopefully this will encourage Kevin into posting about his locos ;)

Posted Image

DavidColley
Member Avatar
Instigator of Waving.
The PLR loco is fantastic Charles. We could do with a fifteen inch gauge version to take up some of the load on our railwy. Can see it now, winding past the tree house on a rainy day...
Good luck with the track laying, i know it can be hard work at times, but stick at it. It'll be worth it in the end!

plug, plug, plug.....

craiggluyas
Member Avatar
Director
My latest engine. 7.25" gauge built in 1981 (same year as me) for Conwy Valley Railway, out to Cyprus in 1995 and back this year. Revisited Betws for the AGM. Gopd help me if i put up engines i've owned!!!!
Posted Image
Craig Gluyas

Talking to one's self is a sign of madness. I talk to my imaginary friend.

peterbryant
Member Avatar
Director
Interesting collections of engines here everybody. I encourage you Craig to put up all the engines! Give it a go :lol:

Peter Bryant
Forum Admin

DavidColley
Member Avatar
Instigator of Waving.
I too would be interested in all your previous locomotives. Having said that though, if you are like me and all the bikes i have owned, you'll only have a couple of shots of one as you were always too busy playing! :rolleyes:

plug, plug, plug.....

craiggluyas
Member Avatar
Director
Very true! It amounts to 2 7" Gauge Holmside locos,a 7" gauge class 47 (now in ireland), a 5" gauge class 20, 15" Gauge Porthcawl Loco (now back in wales) 15" Gauge Battison (at Cleethorpes) 15" gauge blaise castle tram (now back with Austin) 15" Gauge Foxglove (ex Blaise Castle) Now in Bits, and currently own the 7" gauge battery loco and 7" gauge sit in thing, being rebuilt. Quite a list for a 25 year old!!!!!!!!! So wish i had kept some, but being 25 money aint forthcoming, especially when the first house comes along.............
Craig Gluyas

Talking to one's self is a sign of madness. I talk to my imaginary friend.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Non Gauge Specific · Next Topic »
Add Reply