- April 1, 2008
You wake up in a dumpster. It smells and as you stir a cat licks your face. Its as filthy as you.
(2) ST: (whispering): You honestly have no idea where you are at. A fog overlaps your senses as you might still be high or just down off of it.
**(9) Kevin: (whispering): groans as he stirs, feeling his head. He looks at the small cat then pushes it away "I told you to get, i haven't got any food for you"**
**(9) Kevin: (whispering): stands and stumbles around ,try to get his bearings**
(2) ST: (whispering): The cat hops off you as you pole your head out of the dumpster. Your in an alley... you think. Its dark or at least close to it. You see a half sandwich in the dumpster sitting next to you, only half eaten and fairly clean.
**(9) Kevin: (whispering): looks at the sandwich, remembering the pangs of hunger in his gut. Relenting he leans over and devours it.... what a mess he was.**
(2) ST: (whispering): The sandwich is pre4tty good considering its in the trash. You have had worse meals or none at all. You here crying, sobbing really, its uncontrolled.
**(9) Kevin: (whispering): glances around slightly startled, trying to find the source of the sound.**
(2) ST: (whispering): You see a slender looking shadow leaning on the dirty brick wall, hand over its face, sobbing. They don't seem to notice you. The palpable sobbing reminds you, you know it well, its the sobbing of love's remorse.
**(9) Kevin: (whispering): inches closer to this shadow "Oye, whos there?"**
(2) ST: (whispering): More sobbing. You get closer and see a young girl with dark hair and a pale white skin. She still doesn't notice you and she cries as if her life is over.
**(9) Kevin: (whispering): looks around him, worried others might hear and kick him out of a perfectly good place to sleep again. "Hey, quiet down... what's the matter?"**
(2) ST: (whispering): "He.. he doesn't love me' her voice stutters over chokes of tears. She hasn't looked up at you till now, but when she does she screams loudly at the sight of you.
**(9) Kevin: (whispering): jumps as she screams "Hey! What did i do?"**
(2) ST: (whispering): She nearly trips, sobbing and runs out in the street. She gets nailed by a truck! ((go to main screen))
Dante groans and calls helen **
(2) ST: Her cell phone rings after a few moments. Voicemail picks up. "Hi, its Helen, i can't talk right now. Leave a message."
** (3) Dante silent curses to himself **
(2) ST: You hear brakes screech outside and then nothing. Several bystanders scream and lost of customers gasp looking out the window and running outside.
** (3) Dante runs outside to see whats going on **
(2) ST: You hear several "Oh my God's"
** (9) Arc watches in horror as the girl gets pulverized by the truck. Kevin stands motionless... too stunned to move or do anything. **
(9) Kevin: (d@mn alias)
Outside, blood spatters the street. It is helen's blood and it stains her clothes and body. A crowd surrounds her after she had just run into the street and was nailed by an unsuspecting motorist in heavy traffic. 911 is called but likely its just too late.
Before long ambulances and police cars show up. The traffic to Leake Ave is detoured for a few hours while they 'clean up'.
** (19) Kevin begins to panic, he takes a faltering step back looking around. Kneeling down he tugs at his hair, he can feel the mixture of withdrawal and fear take him over, he rocks back and forth for a moment "Not good.. no not good... n-not again!" backtracking into the alley he breaks off at a dead sprint from the scene. **
(19) Kevin: (( panic* even ))
In your mind, with the swirling of coming down from a high mixed with so many emotions you se Emily's face from out of a hazy cloud in your mind. Her face is bloodied and sheís hurt, but she is telling you one thing.... "Run Kevin, run..."
** (19) Kevin does so, with all his might. **
Your long gone by the time anyone investigates that alley though it is taped off as a crime scene for a time and then abandoned. You take off running. What is your destination?
(19) Kevin: (running until i can't run anymore)
Your not in the shape you used o be, you get about 8 blocks on sheer adrenaline before you collapse near a public fountain, needing a drink.
** (19) Kevin leans over rasping for air, drinking straight out of it's murky water. He collapses with his back against the fountain, catching his breath. "f**k" he breathes after a few heaves of air. **
Before too long urges seem to come over you. This is all too much. You could really use a fix, bad.
** (19) Kevin wipes his nose, fidgeting with his jacket. His eyes seem to bounce across the street. Kevin stands and turns around looking at where he is... maybe if any dealers are nearby. **
Your on a side street off Leake Ave called Hibner St. Never heard of it but you figure you can find a dealer another 8 blocks or so down the street. You check your pockets for cash. Drugs arenít free after all. "f**k!" you think as you reach in your pocket. You have five bucks but your old school ID is... missing....
The ID was something you had kept and used to score a few free meals in the cafeteria and such. It was a nice scam tool but now... well your not sure where it is.
** (19) Kevin empties his pockets, searching for his ID. With a groan he realizes it's gone. Looking around and snapping his fingers in rapid succession he takes off to the drug dealer. **
You have dealt with this guy before you realize as you arrive at his usual dealing corner... Leake and St Claire. He calls himself buddy and is dressed in jeans and a denim jacket. He ha sold you some pills on favors before, so you might get some juice today. Its a good omen.
** (19) Kevin walks to him with a deep smile, trying to contain his composure "Ah hello friend, whats in the cabinet today?" **
Buddy smiles a toothy grin. He is in definite need of dental work and his face is an acne farm. "Hey man. Long time no see brother. I got some discount pills for ya" he seems to realize your usually tight on cash and need a cheap high.
** (19) Kevin nods feverishly "You know how it is.... i should be coming into cash soon so don't worry.... i just... j-just need something to ease the strain" **
Sure man, sure" he eases your concerns and says, "How much you got today?"
** (19) Kevin reaches into his pants pocket and pulls out a measly five dollars **
Buddy licks his plaque covered crooked teeth. He thinks a moment playing with the comb planted in his hair. "Alright man, I'll hook you up this time but you might have to make a delivery for me, say tomorrow night. Can you do that?" he asks.
** (19) Kevin nods without an thought "Yeah sure, i will. Just tell me where to and i'll do it." **
"Meet me in front of Pauley's tomorrow afternoon and I'll fill you in" he mentions the name of that place and it kind of freaks you out.
(19) Kevin: (what is it?)
(5) Mini: ((thatís where the alley was behind))
(5) Mini: ((its a sub sandwich restaurant))
** (19) Kevin nods and a pang of fear squeezes his heart. "Alright sure, just give me something" **
He hands you a bottle, its an old prescription drug bottle. "It says motrin, but its good sh*t and has kick." he explains
** (19) Kevin nods and gives a weak smile "Your a god mate" Kevin turns and walks off towards a separate alley to take them. **
The afternoon is waning to dusk, its about dinner time and its warm outside. You find a private spot behind a pile of old barracks and take the stuff. There are 8 pills, how many you going to take? The pills are orange and look homemade.
(5) ST: ((do you take the blue pill or the red pill, lol, sorry but it just came to mind))
** (19) Kevin decides to take one at first, not knowing how strong they are. He still has a fear of OD since Emily. **
(19) Kevin: (lol)
You take one, its doesnít seem to do sh*t and your slightly disappointed at what 5 bucks and a favor can buy after you sit there for about 15 minutes. You feel a minute buzz, like you just smoked a couple cigarettes.
** (19) Kevin tips back seven more **
For whatever reason the last thing you think about is the look on your fathers face when you were a kid and you had just stole some gum. His stern look hangs in your mind for about 20 minutes and then it hits you like a train. You are no longer in control of your body. Your in some kind of coma. You can see your hands and legs but they donít move. your mind swirls and you think of all kinds of things. Emily, her lying there OD'd with her body splayed out in a manner that only death could have held her in. That was the last time you saw her. All the while you hear colonel dad b*tching at you, degrading you and you feel him hitting you. You have visions of him tearing your skin from your body. Next he's sucking your blood from the wounds, What the f**k!". You lie there for you don't know how long. The awesome visions of deranged highness fade away after a long bad trip of all the disappointments in your life. Your eye slits slowly open from a long sleep as a rat sits on your lap sniffing inside the empty motrin bottle.
** (19) Kevin Jumps to a start, sending the rat flying. A hand clasps to his forehead as he lets out a few more relaxed breaths. He remembers what he saw... he never really have a trip quite like that before. Kevin stands on wobbling feet for a moment, then moves about... trying to find his next meal; the women struck by the truck already phasing from his mind, in this world it's eat or be eaten. And Kevin didn't want to become someones lunch anytime soon. **
As you stand you immediately fall over and hit the ground. Your legs are still not in your control. As you fall the motrin bottle bounces in front of your face. Oddly, inside, are a few drops of blood. You half wonder about what it is you just took 8 pills of...
** (19) Kevin narrows his eyes for a moment, looking in the bottle for a moment. He groans in pain, deciding to sleep off the high instead. **
The rat is history, darting off along the wall and then climbing it vertically up a rain gutter to the roof. You fade away to sleep. Its nighttime when you wake up and its cold. You might need a place to stay other than an alley and those old apartments you used to live at come to mind.
** (19) Kevin shivers as he rubs his hands together. Shoving them under each arm beneath his jacket he stumbles forward to find his old apartments. He might be able to get away with a night there before the landlord notices. **
You wander back to the old haunts you know so well which reminds you of that horrible trip you just had. Its cold though and the weather wins out. The walk back is slow as you forcibly have to gain control back of your legs. That was some weird sh*t you took.
** (19) Kevin rubs at his eyes as he ambles through the streets, sweat bullets forming on his forehead. The image of the apartments in his mind, his one goal for the moment. **
You make it back to your old haunt. It was a blessing when these places were abandoned shortly after you were evicted. You kept your old key and have holed up here more than one night. The place is unfit for most humans now, but its ok for you .
** (19) Kevin pushed his way past the door with his trusty key. Stumbling into the apartment he looks for the most comfortable thing to pass out on. **
The floor is as inviting as it gets. There isnt any furniture here any more but a rolled up piece of rug looks inviting as a pillow
** (19) Kevin tucks the rug under his head as he lays on the ground, rolling onto his back he lets out a sigh. At length he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small photobooth picture, him and his wife... she was so pretty back then. He wondered what he would do if his old self could see the mess he has become since then. Like looking into a mirror of the past, his old clean smile and boyish good looks looking back at his menial, dirty and homeless self. "Where did it go wrong..." Kevin breathed to himself as he tucked the picture away, shut
(5) ST: (GW): Ok so Vix walks to the apartments which are about 10 blocks off. They look pretty run down. you cant even tell if anyone would ever live here. there are boards on most of the windows and doors but you do find a way in and sea stair well.
**(17) Vix: seems a little leery walking in here, "I'm amazed this place isn't condemned..."**
(5) ST: (GW): You half wonder if it isnt
**(17) Vix: looks around for the appropriate room**
(5) ST: (GW): The ID card shows a 2nd floor apartment, *240
**(17) Vix: heads for the second floor, being careful that her boots don't break a hole through the stairs**
(5) ST: (GW): the stairs creak as you walk up but hold, the rail is hlaf off the wall however. You get to the second floor and find #240. The door is slightly ajar. You hear loud snoring from inside
**(17) Vix: knocks on the door frame, not quite sure she really wants to see inside**
(5) ST: (GW): Kevin awakes to knocking
(5) ST: (GW): Kevin answer the door, describe each other and RP it out, have to give kids baths and such
(17) Vix: (GW): "Hello?"
**(19) Kevin: 's eyes jerk open for a moment. He slowly leans up feeling his head and subsequent splitting headache. His vision blurs for a moment as he sees a figure at the door. "Who.. who is it?"**
**(19) Kevin: is a tall lithe man, probably 5"10 and only in his mid twenties. He might have looked quite handsome if he wasn't in such a wreck: His black hair tangled and unkempt, his eyes pitted and blackened as if he only sleeps an hour a month. He wears a simple white t-shirt, blue jeans bound with a black belt, and black converse strapped to his feet. All of them scuffed, strained or otherwise in crude condition. All down his arms are small red nicks, this man is obviously a avid drug user, and it reflects itself in his twitching, uneasy demeanor. However, he looks slightly familiar, as if you might have seen him some time ago... perhaps in a magazine or on TV.**
(17) Vix: (GW): "Um...my name's Vix. I've got something that's yours, I think."
**(19) Kevin: mumbles for a moment "Somethi-... huh? How did you find me?"**
**(17) Vix: Morgan is anything but average. She stands to about the mid five foot range, is slender without looking anorexic and is well enough developed so as not to look disproportionate...but these small points are far from the first things one notices upon seeing her. Her hair is short, no more than about 2 inches long and is spiked out in all different directions. Her bangs, however, are split so as to not cover her face and hang about 5 inches below her jaw line on both sides. It's easy to see that her hair color is a natural black and not out of the bottle, but the tips of her hair are dyed a bright, brassy red color that stands out in stark difference to the rest of her color. One would safe in the assumption that she prefers to avoid the sun as her skin color is very pallid..maybe the color is helped a little with makeup, but it's really hard to tell. It's also rather unnerving to look at her eyes, because all the color that can be seen is the black of her pupils in a bright glossy white. If one gets a good, close look, it's easy to see that the effect is the result of specially colored contact lenses.**
**(17) Vix: is wearing a slashed up black Cure shirt that shows her bra underneath and a pair of tight red plaid hot pants and white thigh-highs and over-ankle black boots**
(17) Vix: (GW): "Well, I found this...."
**(17) Vix: holds up your student ID**
**(19) Kevin: looks sharply at her "Yeah thats mine... thanks for finding it for me..." he reaches out for it, confused slightly by the good Samaritan**
**(17) Vix: pulls it back so he can't grab it, "First, I have a couple questions I'd like to ask."**
**(19) Kevin: clutches at the air as she moves it. His reaction time is horrible, the empty pill bottle can be seen nearby. But upon realizing that she kept the card from his grasp and it wasn't just his shot hand-eye coordination Kevin begins to grow a bit angry "Look here! That doesn't belong to you!!! Give it' "**
**(17) Vix: frowns at him, "Look, you answer my questions and I'll even spot you $20."**
**(19) Kevin: stops for a moment, thinking it over. He averts his eyes from her as he considers it. Lowering back a bit he nods "Fine... but what would i know anyway"**
(17) Vix: (GW): "Were you in the alley by Pauley's two nights ago what the girl got hit? "
(17) Vix: (GW): when*
(19) Kevin: (GW): "... yeah... But see here, i had nothing to do with that!"
(19) Kevin: (GW): "That girl got spooked and got herself killed!"
(17) Vix: (GW): "I'm not saying you did, I just want to know what happened. She was my roommate."
(19) Kevin: (GW): "oh..."
(17) Vix: (GW): "Spooked? By what? Was someone chasing her or something?"
(17) Vix: (GW): "Talk, damnit!"
(19) Kevin: (GW): "Oye! Calm down... i'll tell you"
(19) Kevin: (GW): "You must've been good mates wit' her?"
**(17) Vix: takes a deep breath...the outburst was very unlike her, "I guess you could say that...just tell me what happened?"**
(19) Kevin: (GW): "Well... i was asleep in the alley near there when i heard a girl crying...i came over to see what was happening. There she was leaning on a wall crying, saying things like "He doesn't love me, he thinks im no good" and things of the sort... i came closer and asked her what was wrong. She turned and looked at me like she had seen a ghost and screamed bloody murder. I know i don't look my best... but i've never got that kind of reaction before..."
(19) Kevin: (GW): "Anyways, she took off when she saw me and ran out of the alley into the street... she didn't stop to look and... well. You know the rest"
(19) Kevin: (GW): "But i didn't do a thing see... i was just trying to help her is all.... damned fool for what happens when i try"
**(17) Vix: just stands there thinking for a moment, then quickly turns and kicks the opposite wall, "f**k! That doesn't tell me sh*t. What could have f**king scared her like that?"**
**(17) Vix: hops on one foot for a sec, having hurt her foot, "Damnit..."**
**(17) Vix: turns back to Kevin, "Look, can you remember anything else? Was there anyone else in the alley? Maybe a tall, young black guy?" *gives rough description of Tomolo***
(5) ST: (GW): ((You have no recollection of this guy.))
**(19) Kevin: shakes his head "Naw, i turned tail and ran after the accident. I didn't want to get something like that pinned on me"**
(19) Kevin: (GW): "She just looked at me, then got freaked out and ran..."
(17) Vix: can I see about getting a "feeling" about him?
(5) ST: (GW): ((Wits and Presence) Vix
**(17) Vix: looks at you with a very scrutinizing glint in her eyes**
(17) Vix: [4d10] => [7,2,2,6] = (17)
**(19) Kevin: looks back at here "Look here, i've told you everything... now... what about my card and the money?"**
(5) ST: (GW): you cant get a read on this guy
(17) Vix: I have empathy too, so...if that could count
(5) ST: (GW): yup
(5) ST: (GW): add those dice
(17) Vix: (GW): [2d10] => [5,3] = (8)
(17) Vix: (GW): (( wow, I'm sucking out on rolls already ))
(19) Kevin: (GW): (:P)
(5) ST: (GW): you have a strange sense hes telling the truth
(19) Kevin: (GW): "Come on... i've already got nothing... you don't need to lower me even more"
**(17) Vix: reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a $20 then hads the bill and the card to kevin, "You remember *anything* else about that night, you come find me at the campus. I'm sure you know where that is."**
**(19) Kevin: nods "Course... is there money in it?"**
**(17) Vix: shakes her head and walks off muttering, "f**kin' junkie...."**
**(19) Kevin: pockets the card and money, he ignores the junkie comment, far too used to it by now.**
**(17) Vix: heads back down the rickety stairs and out of the building**
**(19) Kevin: leans back... pondering whether to spend his newfound wealth on food or another hit.**
(5) ST: (GW): After the last hit you opt for the food. All Vix can think about is how creeped out she is and how nice it would be to see Debbie tonight.
(5) ST: (GW): --end of your sessionsó