Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New forum here!

Season V in Development on a new forum! Come visit and make an account!

Events ~|~ Buying/Selling ~|~ Mutation ~|~ Research

Special Action ~|~ Tournaments ~|~ Moulder Monthly

Welcome to Moulder Pitfighters, the text-based arena of death/roleplaying game set in a spin-off of the former Warhammer World!

Play as a Master Moulder on the Shattered Isle of Hell Pit, creating hideously mutated fighting beasts to pit against other players' creations... or to use to pursue your own nefarious ends.

If you're already trapped on the Shattered Isle, please log in:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Moulder Pitfighters Season IV Finale; Hell Pit Chronicle IV
Topic Started: Tue 10 Apr 2018 19:51:51 (431 Views)
Morkskittar
Member Avatar
Yay! My Rat Ogre! ^_^
Packlord
Hell Pit Chronicle
The Rise of Mutae(s)!
Fourth Issue

And thus on this day, on the Shattered Isle of Hell Pit, Mutae was born. She has come to rule over us, and all will now obey the Futuremother as she continues to evolve. Raznarth’s dream – the creation of a god worthy to rule over Hell Pit and all of Skavenkind – has been realized.

The only problem, of course, is that on this day, three gods were born, and a fourth was resurrected. Three Mutaes and a Horned Rat now dwell on the Shattered Isle; four gods too many, but none quite powerful enough to destroy the other three.

Hell Pit is changed now; no longer are we ruled by a council of mortals, but instead we choose to bow to our chosen deities: Sicarius Mutae, the twisted Lord of Murder who Devours His Children and Reigns Alongside his Everqueen; Corpus Mutae, the Origin of Mutagenesis, and his Herald of Evolution, Muthael; Nekros Mutae, the Inevitable End and the Will of Death; and The Horned Rat, Gnawer at the Roots of Reality and Lord of Skavendom, alongside his loyal servant Rab Alramadi. Each demands sacrifices and grows stronger with every day.

Four gods now war over Hell Pit, and each of them already has their own Mutagenitors, their own loyal Moulders and Packmasters, their own Divine Courts, and their own gifts: might, mutability, immortality, and decay. And what a road Hell Pit has taken to get here; from humble beginnings as a refuge for Skavenkind, to the center of Clan Moulder and one of the greatest cities of the Skaven Underempire, to a diverse city floating aimlessly in the Warp, hunting out ever stronger prey, to the home of four gods.

All were born on this day, and Hell Pit will either emerge stronger than before, led by its true god… or it shall disintegrate under its own weight and melt into the warp.

Below, the Chronicle details the events that have brought us to this juncture, in each of the five major battlefields of Hell Pit.
Surface (Cult {5}, Homeland {2}, Mutae {1}, CSC {0}, Nightmare {0})
Upper Levels (Homeland {8}, Nightmare {6}, CSC {2}, Cult {1}, Mutae {0})
Novels Written and For Sale: List
Posted Image
UE Pub Fight Deaths: 334. Pillz and Pyllz are © by Morkskittar
Dark Lord Nihilus Regarding Me: "You're the love child of Vishnu and Pegasus."

Posted Image
Stop Geen Toegang! / Complete Works of Morkskittar / Ask a Skaven! 'zodi

Morkskittar
Member Avatar
Yay! My Rat Ogre! ^_^
Packlord
Middle and Lower Levels (Mutae {3}, Homeland {2}, CSC {1}, Cult {0}, Nightmare {0})
Pit of Mutae (Mutae {3}, Homeland {3}, Cult {1}, Nightmare {0}, CSC {0})

And thus, four gods have been born. The fighting was fierce shortly after their birth, as each god fought to achieve as much as they could but an equilibrium was reached between the four great gods. Sicarius Mutae. Corpus Mutae. Nekros Mutae. The Horned Rat. And, of course, Saurus Mutae and Tzaar, miniature gods, now dwell here as well.

A new equilibrium has now been reached, with the servants of the four gods of Hell Pit in constant struggle against one another. City-wide war has yet to break out again, as conflict between the gods is contained to small battles in the streets between followers…

…and as it always has been and always will be in Hell Pit, blood in the pits.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Morkskittar
Member Avatar
Yay! My Rat Ogre! ^_^
Packlord
Hell Pit
Ten Years Later

The Shattered Isle of Hell Pit floats endlessly through the Warp, seeking out prey to fuel its monstrous appetite. Hell Pit is a city of Moulders; its inhabitants are, one and all, deeply concerned with the forcible improvement of existing life through a process of mutation, augmentation, and arcanistration.

But this is no ordinary city; it is a city at war with itself. For, you see, the city of Hell Pit is ruled by four powerful gods. Each god represents a different aspect of the city, and each one exhorts its followers to perform sacrifices in its name. Each god controls some territory in Hell Pit, while their followers fight violently with one another to claim more territory for their god.

The city is divided roughly into four levels, with the influence of each god spread throughout them. On the surface, one can find the Ruins of Raznarth's Palace beside the mighty Temple of the Horned Rat. Both are visible from the restored Archives of Hell Pit near the crater wall. The barracks of the Shattered Knights lies on the Surface as well training followers of all gods in the arts of war. The Horned Rat rules from his Temple, providing his followers with warpstone and the powers of madness - so long as they are Skaven.

The Upper Levels, just below the ground, are home to the domain of Sicarius Mutae, New Nagarythe. The Lord of Murder welcomes all who can kill, and feeds off the victims of his priests. Beautiful and terrible, Lacunae the Everqueen rules alongside him. New Shiftytown and new Lustria (barely) coexist side by side on the opposite end of the Upper Levels, relying on the power of Saurus Mutae to maintain some independence from Sicarius. At the center of the Levels lies the Aethyric Cathedral, home of the tiny commune known as the USSR. In the years following the First Godwar, the USSR dug up what remained of WyrdTech Labs and exhumed the sealed lab of Tirr the Strange. After dragging it to the Cathedral, they cracked it open, to find Tirr himself alive and in stasis, atop a stone throne. The throne was installed inside the Cathedral, where Tirr waits sleeping, worshipped as a god himself by the Communists.

The Middle Levels is home to the Engines of Hell Pit, one an extension of Gribblith University, where all of Hell Pit's most cutting-edge knowledge is produced, and the other an enclave of the USSR. Together they steer the city, independent of the will of any one god. Here lies the new Chapel of Bones, where the god Nekros Mutae dwells. Her servants share experiences with one another, and become stronger through communion, though her Inquisition, headed by Victor and 'Ttakquick, are quick to punish those who fail to worship.

The Lower Levels are home to the dwarfs of Clan Kolbaraz, as well as Corpus Mutae and its herald, Muthael. One cannot pass through this level without paying homage to the omnipresent flesh of the Corpus, and receiving the blessings of instant mutation.

Each god is served by a host of Mutagenitors, powerful servants who act as Moulders and Packmasters. These Mutagenitors participate in tournaments overseen by the various neutral powers in Hell Pit, fight in challenges, and engage in outright warfare for control of the city, and the right to declare their god the true Mutae, and the true god of Hell Pit...

And thus ends Season IV! Thank you all for playing, you've all been awesome players and have made this season a blast! ^_^ I have left the ultimate fate of most characters ambiguous in case you wish to return to them; obviously, there are some exceptions. :P

So, as promised, I want to give you all a little taste of what Season V will look like. :) The Hell Pit in Season V will be like described above; you will all take the roles of Mutagenitors, the chief servants of one of the four great gods of Hell Pit.

Unlike previous seasons of Moulder Pitfighters, you will have shared interests with others; namely, the construction of your god. Every god created was left only partially completed, and the completion of each god will be a communal task that players will work on throughout Season V, earning the ability to develop their god's mind, body, and soul through their performance in pitfights.

At the same time, players will also, of course, have their own individual goals and agendas, as always... so just because you worship the same god does not necessarily make you friends ;)

Mechanics-wise, there will be some huge changes for Season V, the major ones being listed below:
-Politics and pitfights will be inextricably linked. Victories in pitfights will not only grant you tokens (to buy beasts and augmentation), but also Character Points (to buy research and character abailities), and Divine Sacrifices (to build your god).
-Furthermore, pitfights won't be the only way to use your beasts! Challenges will also become a part of the game once again, where you will have the opportunity to directly challenge an opponent (or their beast). Not only that, but you will have the opportunity to pit multiple beasts against eachother in pitched battles for control over various resource points in Hell Pit to get benefits for yourself or your faction... locations may include such things as Raznarth's Ruins, Karak Kolbaraz, Gribblith University, the Aethyric Cathedral, Shiftytown, Rosko's Pub, New Lustria, Hell Pit Library, the Pit of Mutae ( :o ), and others! This means there will be a limited area control mechanic.
-The Research system is being replaced entirely with something new and different, and will become more like Character Abilities, purchased with Character Points earned from battles and pitfights.
-The entire politics system is being revamped. Notably, Contacts will not be created on demand, and will all be prebuilt and public. Also notably, you will have the opportunity to Purchase/create a "Mutagenitor's Court" of characters with Character Points, with unique abilities, in a similar way to contacts - but with limits. In this way, you will ultimately be able to directly control a cast of characters with their own unique abilities.
-New statlines, based around Speed, Brawn, Attack, Defense, and Power! And hard limits on the number of traits a beast can have. This limit is three. :P

We will post more as we develop the rules further. :)

The Future!

Now, as I am sure you are all aware, Morky is very bad at estimating times for completion, so take this with a huge chunk of sea salt.

MP Season V will be a while in coming. All of the Packlords have busy years coming up (Morky, for example, is entering what is hopefully his last year of his PhD program :S ), and need to focus on other things for a few months. As such, what I am hoping will happen with regards to MPV is as follows:

-April-June: Nothing much; the forum will be reorganized, a suggestion box created, and character generation threads may go up. An MPV Development forum will go up, to allow for discussion of the future.
-July-August: Slow development of MPV. Mostly, this includes finishing crafting the world, tidying up the mechanics, and setting everything up.
-September-October: Fine-tuning MPV, and playtesting early stages.
-November-December: Hopefully, launch!

I know this is a slow timeline, but it is very important that we don't overburden ourselves, and we'd rather take this slow instead of just barreling into things again. :P

However, MP will not be a dead forum during these months. The focus will shift, instead, to development and roleplaying. Morky will still be regularly checking up on things, and does plan to run several roleplaying games on this site if people are interested (both set within the new Hell Pit, and also maybe some other ones), and keep you all up to date with everything going on in development. After a little bit of a break, we do plan on keeping things developing constantly, but slowly. The timeline above is actually very conservative; we're hoping to get things done much sooner, but this time want to err on the side of overestimating rather than underestimating. :P

Now, the last, most important things: Legacies!

We've mentioned that anyone who participated in Season IV can carry on some Legacies to Season V. We will deal with the specific later on, but everyone who played this season may choose any two different things to take with them to Season V:

-One beast.
-Two creatures from your inventory.
-Three items from your inventory.
-One Research to be adapted into special rules.
-If you are playing the same charatter (or a Packmaster of that character), you may transfer up to ONE of their characteristics to the next season. This means anything like increased Mouldering skill, increased Command, any combat mutations they had, etc.

Think wisely. :) And also, of course, decide if you want to reuse the same character or get a new one. :P

First up for us in development is to introduce you to your new "factions"/gods. You probably can intuit/guess at their characteristics (especially as players designed three of them!), but hopefully in the next month or two we'll get up some more specifics so you can craft your new characters. :)

Until then, see you all around! :D

We'll all be lurking. :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Skritchit
Member Avatar

Wow.
Posted Image
s'neek'eep @ Jun 19 2007
07:42 PM
kinda went outside the box a little...

AshenEshin
Member Avatar
MK ULTRA - Skaven style

Agreed. Wow.
He's not a master assassin!, He is a very naughty boy!
The Rave(-ing Mad) Cave a.k.a my lab
Praise be to Mutae:fsm:

Twitch
Member Avatar
The Broken Blade

Great update! Also sorry for trying to kill tirr...political differences and all that.
Edited by Twitch, Wed 11 Apr 2018 06:19:32.

You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, 'cause you can never predict if they're going to do something incredibly stupid.

AshenEshin
Member Avatar
MK ULTRA - Skaven style

I wouldn't have expected anything less :P
It worked out alright for Tirr in the end regardless.

Twitch
Member Avatar
The Broken Blade

I guess it did. Nothing wrong with a bit of fanatical worship. Next thing for me to do is work out where sinclaw skitterlept too.

You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, 'cause you can never predict if they're going to do something incredibly stupid.

Eom

AshenEshin
Wed 11 Apr 2018 06:08:51
Agreed. Wow.
Thirded!
Amazing update. I'd like to initiate a big HUZZAH for the GM team.

HUZZAAHH!!!!
Thank you oh mighty overlords!
Victor von Hohenfeld
Losses: 7
Wins: 11

Tournament wins:
Execution of Ikkilit

Skritchit
Member Avatar

Yeah for sure!

But I'll definitely need to talk to you guys to try and figure out my epilogue now...

Mutate: pm sent :ph43r:
Edited by Skritchit, Wed 11 Apr 2018 18:56:07.
Posted Image
s'neek'eep @ Jun 19 2007
07:42 PM
kinda went outside the box a little...

Guldan

Twitch you didn’t kill hard enough!

Next season finish the job =P
Edited by Guldan, Wed 11 Apr 2018 09:46:07.

Tapirus
Member Avatar
Franck Feldscher

Great update indeed! What a finale! Very excited for the next season.

Did not expect the Gimblebots and Genestealers at all. Well played everyone. :P
^_^ Posted Image

Ratty Gnawtail
Member Avatar
Gribble...grib...Gribble!

Heh, Sparky (who'd been sitting in my lab since early game unused - he was going to be my attempt at making Black Shuck) actually did some damage.

Fantastic job Packlords! :D
The (mostly) Complete Works of Ratty
Green Seer Gnawtail portrait by ShuNian)

Warlock Matik on Ratty's ideas on time manipulation

Red Dwarf is not a good basis for temporal mechanics :7
Sod

I secretly suspect that Gribble is the master moulder and Ratty is its beast. :P
Morkskittar

Evildorfs love you :3

AshenEshin
Member Avatar
MK ULTRA - Skaven style

Guldan
Wed 11 Apr 2018 09:45:48
Twitch you didn't kill hard enough!

Next season finish the job =P
It flatters me that people want Tirr out of the picture that much. You are all too kind ^_^

Warlord Arskittar
Member Avatar

Never let it be said Shifty doesn't know how to party.
''This is all your fault.''
- Mork (or possibly Gork) on MP Season IV

Total Fights:
Wins (1) Losses (0) Draw (0)

The Lab of the Boss
The Coppergrabb Chronicles

Services Provided: Contact me via PM for more information on how I can help you! Please use IC PMs!
Proper Good Business (Spying and General Thuggery) Kinda Good Stuff (Gambling Information and Odds) Dead Shifty Stuff (Bet Fixing Rings and Schemes)

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gates of Hell Pit · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

Packlords: Glod-Unbaraki, Morkskittar, Chieftain Quickitt
Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.