Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New forum here!

Season V in Development on a new forum! Come visit and make an account!

Events ~|~ Buying/Selling ~|~ Mutation ~|~ Research

Special Action ~|~ Tournaments ~|~ Moulder Monthly

Welcome to Moulder Pitfighters, the text-based arena of death/roleplaying game set in a spin-off of the former Warhammer World!

Play as a Master Moulder on the Shattered Isle of Hell Pit, creating hideously mutated fighting beasts to pit against other players' creations... or to use to pursue your own nefarious ends.

If you're already trapped on the Shattered Isle, please log in:

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Suggestion Box!
Topic Started: Sun 29 Apr 2018 13:46:55 (413 Views)
Morkskittar
Member Avatar
Yay! My Rat Ogre! ^_^
Packlord
Hi all!

Enjoy your shiny new development forum here! Feel free to post anything you'd like here about MP, including ideas for the next season, things you want to see, things you don't want to see, and anything else you can think of.

For big topics/ideas, feel free to start a new thread here for discussion, and for smaller ones, please post replies to this thread. :)

Pillz
Novels Written and For Sale: List
Posted Image
UE Pub Fight Deaths: 334. Pillz and Pyllz are by Morkskittar
Dark Lord Nihilus Regarding Me: "You're the love child of Vishnu and Pegasus."

Posted Image
Stop Geen Toegang! / Complete Works of Morkskittar / Ask a Skaven! 'zodi

Wolfwerty33
Renegade Skink

Want to see corruption mechanics - spread your faith to infiltrate and weaken other areas, or establish an Inquisition to root out the heretics.
Proud member of House PoisonFrog: the best cooks and poisoners in the whole of Hell Pit. Our meals are to (literally) die for.

AshenEshin
Member Avatar
MK ULTRA - Skaven style

Unit templates to use in combat might be fun. Probably handier to keep track of stuff both in and out of conflict . Certainly better than people saying "I have an Army" and leaving it at that.
He's not a master assassin!, He is a very naughty boy!
The Rave(-ing Mad) Cave a.k.a my lab
Praise be to Mutae:fsm:

AshenEshin
Member Avatar
MK ULTRA - Skaven style

Vehicle Templates could allow for innovative shenanigans also
He's not a master assassin!, He is a very naughty boy!
The Rave(-ing Mad) Cave a.k.a my lab
Praise be to Mutae:fsm:

Sod
Member Avatar
Marquis de

I would be very excited to see more environments that incorporate unique mechanics and/or lore. Seeing characters adapt, evolve, and create specific solutions to targeted environmental problems was one of the most exciting parts of season IV in my opinion.

Skritchit
Member Avatar

I don't know if this is a valid suggestion or not, but I would say just have a system that you think will be able to keep up with the players. You know we're going to get to Reality Warper levels of crazyness, like every season, so I just hope to have a system that can take that without being too much a burden on you Packlords. Like I think you were maybe on the right track this last season with having something more rigid to build pit fighters around, but it seemed like it was sunk under the level of details (if it really did take over an hour to build one beast.) But a system of multi-leveled hard caps or something that governs the strength of competing beasts would make sure they're on equal footing when they fight, then outside of the pits we can have something more loose and "world building" like for bigger events.

...Which is essentially what you had I guess with the beast levels and whatnot, just maybe not try to figure out what the relative velocity of a bone-spur wielding leamonape would be when fired out of a chest cannon and it might work lol

I dunno, really my suggestion is I just hope you can come up with a system that will be easier on you guys :P
Posted Image
s'neek'eep @ Jun 19 2007
07:42 PM
kinda went outside the box a little...

Silvermane
Ex-Packlord, Ex-Richest Rat S2, Indiana's father

An idea that's a bit more "radical" - in the sense that it'd be a major change in play style - is Mini-Sarahs. Each moulder is assigned a limited AI which acts as both the research tool and instead of purchasing packmaster, you purchase interactive equipment for the AI to assist. Then, as you progress through the game you upgrade it to do more things. Anything from installing software that allows communications as a hidden source, to providing what I can only name as a fake IP to throw off traces, hacking etc, which would work well for politics, sabotage and the like. Then it can be upgraded with life support, x rays, tools etc for mouldering purposes. Training regimes could be automated to wake up, feed and train beasts at certain times to increase effectiveness of training attempts. It can act as a library for researches and also could be the in game presence for something as simple as the private messages players send each other.

Also gives the players a reason to defend their lab, as this thing has the potential for some serious investment

Mutate : I'm not talking self aware AI, more a dumb AI, inbuilt responses, installed programs, limited reactions to random scenarios
Edited by Silvermane, Thu 10 May 2018 16:36:17.

Glod-Unbaraki
The Lord Glod
Packlord
It's a cool idea Silver, but I don't think it would be everyone's cup of tea. Potentially, that style of play could have been managed in Season IV by reskinning research and having a special species of character. Gimble came pretty close to doing this and SARAH is good example of it being possible in other seasons too. ^_^

A more strategic/gangs level of play might be interesting though, rather than a single character.

-Glod

lord_falco

i loved seaosn 4 with the semi tema work there was (or higher teamwork with tku) i hope we cna expand on this more next season:)
long live shattered knights, long live the superiour guild

Morkskittar
Member Avatar
Yay! My Rat Ogre! ^_^
Packlord
lord_falco
Sat 12 May 2018 17:11:58
i loved seaosn 4 with the semi tema work there was (or higher teamwork with tku) i hope we cna expand on this more next season:)
Definitely going to happen. :)

Also, there will be more oppotunity for multiple characters... and beast warbands. :P

Pillz
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sod
Member Avatar
Marquis de

Very cool!

Would it be possible for us to get a brief teaser, "Vote for your Gods" style, of the setting which our characters will be exploring?

Morkskittar
Member Avatar
Yay! My Rat Ogre! ^_^
Packlord
Sure, just give me a few days. :P
Posted Image

Posted Image

Sod
Member Avatar
Marquis de

Certainly! Thanks, Mork, looking forward to reading whenever you get around to it. :)

Twitch
Member Avatar
The Broken Blade

Will characters have proper Statlines this time? I enjoyed the RP aspect of things and the "no killing charatter's unless permission is granted" works, it's just a headache (literally for every player and character concerned- you know what i'm talking about Victor :P) working out how to take out a players character in revenge and then having to work in to your sabotage a way so that their character is still usable next turn. guess what i am asking is what about PC recuperation time if your player character gets hit badly. For instance reduced AP but can't be targeted or something. We had the mutagin cap this time but i didn't feel like anyone got seriously done over. Apart from gimble, but he deserved that. Thoughts?
Edited by Twitch, Wed 16 May 2018 09:45:23.

You can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, 'cause you can never predict if they're going to do something incredibly stupid.

Eom

I think reduced AP for a couple of turns in the case of getting your character severely wounded is a good idea.

It felt awkward for me to have had Victor fully at the whims of Sinclaw, and being quite literally none the worse for wear the turn after. It'd have made a little more sense if he had been at least comatose for a turn, or severely handicapped for a longer while. Or something like that.

I'd still have had my packmasters to play with, but obviously this would come with disadvantages.
Victor von Hohenfeld
Losses: 7
Wins: 11

Tournament wins:
Execution of Ikkilit

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season V Development · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

Packlords: Glod-Unbaraki, Morkskittar, Chieftain Quickitt
Theme created by tiptopolive. Find more great themes and skins at the ZB Theme Zone.