Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Active Topics Wildlife ID's Photo Galleries Photography Challenges Spotting Challenge Daily Chat Home
Welcome to Nature UK. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use
but If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features.

There are numerous topics members can take part in that are exclusive to Nature UK
including the yearly photography challenges and the seasonal spotting challenges.
We also have a very comprehensive wildlife identification section along with a monthly photo competition.
Please feel free to share your photos with us and any wildlife discussion you may have.

You can also find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Click Here to Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tabatha's Garden visitors; Birds visiting the garden
Topic Started: Apr 2 2010, 02:53 PM (4,381 Views)
Tabatha
Member Avatar
Super Mod

Posted Image

Quite often the pigeons line up on the shed roof.

Posted Image

A couple of wood pigeons on the fence. (We don't see as many now).

Posted Image

Pigeon, wood pigeons, collared dove and starlings, just sitting around.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two collared doves. They seem to spend a lot of time sitting around, even in the rain.

Being a suburban garden, we are a bit limited. Although there is a park at the end of the road, not many different ones come into the garden.

By lunchtime it was pouring with rain.

As OH did clean the windows when he was off work the other week, thought I would try some photos.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Beth-Boe
Member Avatar
Diamond Member
Lovely pics, Tabatha. You do get quite a gathering. :thanks: for showing us.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lovely photos Tabatha :clap3: . I am envious of you getting the collared doves into your garden as they won't come to my feeder tables at all. They have, on occasion, sat on the trellis and given them a good look over but that's as far as it's gone.

Have you had anything checking out your nest box yet?

:thanks1: for sharing those. I am looking forward to your next batch of photos.
Quote Post Goto Top

celticsparrow-jan
Member Avatar
Admin Support

:hello1: Tabatha nice to see you have started a thread on your garden visitors, you certainly seem to have plenty of Pigeons, i like the way they all seem to form an orderly line.

Forget Me Not
Member Avatar
Diamond Member
:hello1: Tabatha what a great start to your new thread you had lots of visitors today.
look forward to more photos. :pigeon:

Tabatha
Member Avatar
Super Mod

:thanks: for your comments everyone. I will take some more :girlygiggle: the windows are quite clean at the moment.

Gill - The collared doves do tend to sit around a lot, and always turn up afterwards. I think they like the sunflower hearts, because that is usually all that is left once the starlings have visited.

I can get up to 13 pigeons on the shed roof.

No sign of any inhabitants for the bird box unfortunately.

Daisyjan
Member Avatar
Platinum Member
Nice to see your visitors Tabatha :pigeons: Are you close to Martins Grove? Is there a park there now?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Lovely photos Tabatha, those pigeons look like they are all waiting for something to happen :grin: look forward to seeing more.
Quote Post Goto Top

Ladynature
Member Avatar
:encore: Enjoying photo's........

Davebutterflyman
Member Avatar
Administrator

Lovely photos Tabatha :clap3: Have the Parakeets been around recently?

Tabatha
Member Avatar
Super Mod

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yesterday evening I saw a couple of pigeons on the roof. Obviously a mating pair. The collared dove is now taking an interest in the peanuts in the hanging basket.

Deleted User
Deleted User

:wow: Excellent photos Tabatha. I hope your collared dove finds a mate soon. Be warned they nest in the oddest places though!

Good to see your pigeons have paired up. Lots of folk don't like them but I enjoy hearing their coo coo call as it is fairly quiet and restful (unless they are cooing down the chimney where the sound echoes!).

Your shrubs are coming well!
:thanks1: for sharing those.
Quote Post Goto Top

Night Owl
Member Avatar
Administrator

:wow2: Lovely photos Tabatha :clap2: It's great to see your pigeons have paired up now, I hope the collard dove finds a mate soon :cool1:

Keith
Default Avatar
Gold Member
Great photos ! Love the Pigeons on the roof.

Davebutterflyman
Member Avatar
Administrator

Great photos Tabatha :clap3: Looking forward to more of your photos :cool3:

Forget Me Not
Member Avatar
Diamond Member
Brilliant photos Tabatha..I love collard doves. :thanx: for posting

Tabatha
Member Avatar
Super Mod

Daisyjan
Apr 2 2010, 08:59 PM
Nice to see your visitors Tabatha :pigeons: Are you close to Martins Grove? Is there a park there now?
Yes Daisyjan. Martens Grove Park is at the end of my Road. The path leads down to where the outdoor swimming pool used to be. (Long since gone).

Tabatha
Member Avatar
Super Mod

These were taken this morning. The birds seem to have found the bird table even though I have moved it closer to the house. As you can see there is still a lot of snow around.

I seem to be getting about 3 or 4 collared doves now, which is an increase since last year.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

celticsparrow-jan
Member Avatar
Admin Support

Its good to see that the birds are still coming now that you have moved the table Tabatha,how do the Parakeets cope in those conditions?

poppy
Member Avatar
Diamond Member
Lovely photo's Tabatha, glad the birds have found the table ok.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Birds. · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Follow NatureUK on Twitter Follow NatureUK on Facebook