Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Scan Topic!!; Scans of box-art, manuals, cart-art, etc.
Topic Started: Jul 22 2006, 08:20 PM (2,035 Views)
floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Alright, I figured if we'll be posting miscellaneous N64-related scans, we might as well stick it all into a proper topic!

SO...

As per alxbly's request, I've uploaded my first box-art scan:

Animal Forest (front, back)

And for your enlightenment/enjoyment, I've even provided scans of:

a translation! (front, back)

Mind you, I didn't bother to make my translation/handwriting/English nice & pretty... I pretty much just did a quick 'n dirty, literal translation, but hopefully you can make some sense of it all. :unsure:

I'll keep accepting requests... maybe no less than one per week? (to accomodate my frequent laziness) :D
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
That's weird... I just saw the scans I uploaded (into my new photobucket account)... I coulda sworn I had made the front & back the same size... I guess photobucket resized the back scan. (d'oh!)

Well, if anyone has trouble reading the Japanese :P I suppose I could try to re-upload it. ;)
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Deleted User
Deleted User

Cool, I'm uploading the N64 manual as I post, and there's already some N64 stuff in the same album.

Floorcat, it's worthwhile changing your Photobucket options to allow bigger images to be displayed. Click on 'account options' then the 'Max Picture Size' drop down box to set it to the biggest size.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

And thanks for the translation, that's really cool of you to do that. Otherwise I'd have no idea what it says.

*feels ignorant*
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Okay, cool... thanks for the tips alxbly! I've set my options and re-uploaded the scans of the box-back as well as my translation of it (which was also shrunken... so this should hopefully make it a little easier to read now).
alxbly
Jul 22 2006, 09:57 PM
And thanks for the translation, that's really cool of you to do that.  Otherwise I'd have no idea what it says.

*feels ignorant*

^_^ Yeah, no problem!! I think something could be appreciated at least a little more if it's more fully understood. Plus, I reaaaaally need to keep up my Japanese... especially if I'm still scheduled to TA 2nd year Japanese at my University this fall!! :unsure:

*feels extremely unqualified*

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
The Animal Forest box art and the N64 pamphlet scans are both great.

I've found Majora's Mask and Diddy Kong Racing Nintendo guides so if any of you guys have anything in particular you want scanned from them or the Banjo Kazooie guide just post. I'll have covers and backs up soon.

Also, is anyone planning on making a site to host all these scans or are we just going to post links in this topic as a resource for the boards members?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Okay, I've added a few more scans. They are:

Banjo Tooie (PAL/UK box)
Conkers Bad Fur Day (PAL/UK box)
Ogre Battle 64 (NTSC/NA box)
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Collectors Edition (PAL/AUS box)

:)
Quote Post Goto Top

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
floorcat, I take it that you own Animal Forest? How is it? Is it almost identical to Animal Crossing on the Gamecube?
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

New stuff added, including Goldeneye UK box, Transfer Pak box and manual. You can check out all the images here.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

A few high resolution photos of the Aqua Nintendo 64 box, you can see them all at the link above. It's too big to be scanned, unfortunately.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Hey Rapueda! To be totally honest, I've only played Animal Forest a tiny little bit... so I can't really tell you how it is, especially in comparison to Animal Crossing for the Gamecube (which I've never seen nor played). I imagine you're totally right in that they're nearly identical, since Animal Forest was dangerously close to being one of those many games that got canned on the N64 to be later released onto the Gamecube, but I can't give you any first-hand input here. :(

Also, thanks for all those great scans alxbly! It's pretty cool to see the PAL version box-art for all those games... there's something about 'em I typically like better than the North American releases...

Maybe I could eventually scan the US versions for some side-by-side comparisons :)

Talking about comparisons, is the PAL Collector's Edition Ocarina box completely paper?? It kind of looks like it in the scan. The only reason I ask is because the NTSC version (or at least the one I have) has a sort of fancy, plastic shiny-gold sheet glued onto the front... which I imagine was the only difference between a Collector's Edition box and a normal box here in the US.

N64Gamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
What are these scans for? i got over 100 n64 games, but all of my games are PAL except for my Akumajo Dracula n64 cart which is japanese, if any of you want any scans, let me know, i will scan them up for you, i posted my collection of games here

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_For...php?showtopic=3

so just ask if u want a scan, not all my games have boxs tho sry

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

Talking about comparisons, is the PAL Collector's Edition Ocarina box completely paper??

Yeah, it's just a cardboard box (but with a metallic gold finish). Our normal edition has a black and yellow box.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
N64Gamer
Jul 28 2006, 03:59 AM
What are these scans for?

They're just for grins & giggles. :P

About the PAL OoT boxes... I had totally forgotten what the "normal" box-art looks like... thanks for posting that alxbly! And I actually got around to doing some more scanning myself... I've got the front of both the collector's edition and normal US NTSC boxes for OoT, and one scan of the back (since they're both identical from that side). The CE scan didn't quite come out as I thought it should, but hopefully you can see the "plastic sheet" I'm talking about... it's a lot shiny-er than the scan makes it look. Maybe I'll take a picture later.

And not only that, but I also got around to scanning the boxes for Tetris 64 (front, back) and the Biosensor (front, back). Sorry the back of the Tetris 64 box is all blurry... it's a little concave so just the outer edge is in focus, unfortunately. Not that it really matters, since I've got a sub-par translation of it (the only Japanese on the front says "Biosensor compatible"), as well as one for the back of the Biosensor box too (all the untranslated content of the front can be found on the back).

Again... my translations won't exactly be the best, but hopefully it'll give you some sense of what's goin' on. And lucky for you guys, I actually commandeered my housemate's Photoshop so you won't have to deal with my horrible, horrible handwriting again. :D

(wow... that's a lot o' links!)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey, that's pretty cool. I see what you mean about the plastic on the front of Collectors Edition. Is it a hologram thingy?
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
No, it's just a shiny sheet of plastic. I took some pictures at all sorts of angles earlier, but I'm way too tired to upload them now (5 hours past bedtime!). Maybe tomorrow, if you don't mind the wait. -_-

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey no problem. It was 2am (my time ) when you wrote that post, so I was sleeping anyway! :lol:

It would be cool to see some other pics though.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just added a few more scans: Forsaken, Body Harvest and N64 Passport Plus III. All available at Photobucket.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
As I quickly mentioned in n64 import mod topic, my pics of the collector's edition Ocarina of Time box are finally uploaded and available for your viewing pleasure. :)

Is it just me, or does the box for the Passport Plus III look mega-sketchball?? I'm guessing they weren't fluent English-speakers, but their design & layout of the box makes it look like something you'd find off the streets of some third-world country, next to some "Rolox" watches and "Deisel" clothing. Kinda makes you wonder though... that if they had more "proper" funding, could their final product have been a whole lot easier to use?

... Or maybe it's just the marketing "flavor" of this mystery "dragon-logo company" (SMS??).

(sorry for being all "teenage-girl-y" critical... thanks for the scans though... that Passport box is really something!)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Those photos are making me jealous. Now I need to get a US copy too... :wacko:

The Pasport box is kinda... well... y'know. I can't remember where they were made, but I'm sure it says in the manual (I'll check later). The manual has one of the worst tranlations I've read, it doesn't even make sense most of the time. I scan it in so you can see.

And, yeah, with real funding I'm sure the end product could have been vastly improved.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Aug 3 2006, 06:10 PM
Those photos are making me jealous.  Now I need to get a US copy too...  :wacko:

:P ... serves you right, for giving me those play-asia N64 links!! ;)

N64Gamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
i got this off ebay a cpl of months ago and it was new also, it came with it a little toy

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

Also this is the cart and the toy, also wheres the seal of quailty?

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2210/cartoydl7.jpg

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ Nice one. Nice find too.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Nice, N64Gamer... thanks for the scans!! Can't really make out that toy though... and as far as I can tell, there's no mention of it on the box to tell me what it is. :(

As for the seal of quality... I think that doesn't really apply to games from Japan. A quick look at some of my imports confirmed this... NONE of them I saw had that seal.

N64Gamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
thats prolly why the famicom games have no seal of quailty, sorry about the toy pic, it was as best as i could get it, the plastic case where the game sits in, there was a a little area for the toy.

floorcat
Member Avatar
N64Gamer, no worries about the toy... I was just a little curious as to what it is (Castlevania related??).

Anyways, I just scanned in the box (front, back) and the front of the cartridge of The New Tetris... since someone on the GameFAQs board kindly asked... ^_^

N64Gamer
Member Avatar
Established Member
LOL, no the funny thing is that its not even Konami realated, its a Capcom toy, heres a little piece of paper that come with it in with the box.
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8991/capcomcd5.jpg

The one that I have is the one sitting next to Rockman (Megaman)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Interesting... Capcom is definitely not Konami...

Well, that little paper makes me think that this is just some kind of a generic promotion done by someone between production and sales... it looks like this is just the "Capcom series" of the "Nostalgic Classic Game Tags" (which is written in blue/gold above "Capcom"). I guess the name of your toy is "Side-arm"?? (Not really familiar with all the old Capcom icons)

floorcat
Member Avatar
Well, my last week before school starts up begins tomorrow... and I was thinking maybe I could spit out another translation-scan (if anyone's interested) before I get really really busy... any requests? Bangai-o perhaps?

*silence*

(cricket chirps... until badassxbly stomps on it)

*dead silence*

Deleted User
Deleted User

Who, me?

*wipes cricket off shoe*

My scans are down just now, but they'll be back up again soon. I'd quite like to see scans of Bangai-o and Wonder Project J2. Please.
Quote Post Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: