Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Scan Topic!!; Scans of box-art, manuals, cart-art, etc.
Topic Started: Jul 22 2006, 08:20 PM (1,967 Views)
floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
Certainly, alxbly. ;)
Somehow, I think you're the only one who really appreciates my (crappy, but free) translations. :unsure: ... doesn't matter ^_^ ... I'll try to get 'em out this weekend.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey, don't put yourself down friend. There'a a whole bunch of people here who appreciate your translations and a whole lot more who just haven't found this board yet.

:)
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Thanks for the encouragement there, alxbly. ^_^

... Naw, it's all cool... I do think my translations are garbage though. :P
I wonder if they're even worth "copyright-ing"... I noticed almost all your pics now have a new stamp of ownership on them. None for Mrs. Alxbly's pic? I would've thought that would be the first to have something like "Property of Alxbly" stamped across the whole thing. ;)

... or maybe it's the other way around... that your "nofriendo" pic would have "Property of Mrs. Alxbly" :lol:
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Rayman Legends, Fat Princess Adventures, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ha ha, very true. I put a bit text on them cos I discovered one of my photo's recently on ebay. Lazy ******. And I, of course, would never steal a photograph...

*embarrased cough*
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Aug 22 2006, 06:25 PM
I discovered one of my photo's recently on ebay.

Wow... I'd almost consider that a compliment!!

So did you regulate on that arse-munch like he was your boss?

Deleted User
Deleted User

The boys paid him a visit. He wasn't using those fingers much anyway. :ph43r:
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
I can just see it now...

Up for auction starting at 1.00 with no reserve and FREE shipping... Mrs. Alxbly!!

:lol:

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
*Places bid*

...er what????
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made. I nominate Steve for God!

floorcat
Member Avatar
Okay, so I got a little bit done this weekend already... so it's time I posted some crap up!

Firstly, box-art scans of a personal favorite (US release) of mine (and also to prompt alxbly to get himself a copy! ;) ):
Rocket: Robot on Wheels (front, back)

And as requested:
Wonder Project J2 (front, back) and a translation (front, back)
Bakuretsu Muteki Bangai-o (front, back) and a translation of the back (besides the game title, the front only says "shooting game", "(cart) back-up feature included", and "Rumble Pak compatible")

floorcat
Member Avatar
Well now...

It's a good thing there's not much demand nor appreciation for these scans/translations... because I won't have much time to do any for a good long while! :P

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ Hey, they're cool. I would have posted earlier but things like SLEEP and WORK got in the way... :lol:

Quote:

to prompt alxbly to get himself a copy!

I'm trying to find one, but I'd like a nice mint boxed version. Still looking, though.

Bangai-O looks pretty sweet (the robot looks a bit like Optimus Prime). How does Wonder Project play? Is there any point in me buying it without any knowledge of Japanese?
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Aug 28 2006, 12:54 PM
How does Wonder Project play?  Is there any point in me buying it without any knowledge of Japanese?

As a game collector, I'd say "yes." ^_^ But as a game player... probably "no." There's not really much demand for it (yet??), so if you can find a copy, it probably wouldn't put that much of a dent on your finances like those "other" imports would (I picked up my copy for ~US$15 shipped).

So about the gameplay.... as with many of my games, I never got more than barely into it, so you can just consider me talking outta my arse from this point forth. ;) Anyways, as far as I can tell, WPJ2 is a little more on the text-heavy side... with you "guiding" Jozette through her "formative period"... such that you're telling her what to do, what not to do, why things are the way they are, etc. through a system of menus, and reading her reactions & (facial) expressions throughout. I guess there's some not-very-stellar 3D portions of the game that would require less knowledge of the language (never got that far)... but I have a feeling this game might not be that worthwhile for non-speakers of Japanese... I just think that it's quite an interesting concept for a "game," and I really wish we could've seen more original ideas like this in the West (I've got the SNES "Wonder Project J" prequel as well).

I think there's at least two pretty decent FAQs through GameFAQs (one of them a text version of a really good website)... and using these (with elementary Japanese skills) you should be able to absorb most of what this game has to offer without that much trouble. I think there were even some people working on a translation for the ROM at one point... but I've no idea how far (if at all) that has progressed.

alxbly
Aug 28 2006, 12:54 PM
Bangai-O looks pretty sweet

Yeah... though it may be kinda deceptive... for me, it was actually a lot more "cartoon-y"... more goofy anime-style than I had expected. But that's mostly in the cutscenes (if you consider that a bad thing)... although you are blowing up enemies and collecting the "fruit" they turn into. ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Thanks floorcat, I appreciate your opinion on these things. I had kinda guessed that Wonder Project J2 probably wouldn't make much sense to me but, who knows, I might pick it up one day to give it a try. I doubt Animal Forest will make much sense to me, but I'm gonna get that eventually. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
What ever happened to our website plans?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deleted User
Deleted User

I started a website... but to be honest I've not had time to add anything worthwhile yet. It has free Tetris, though :D :

http://www.freewebs.com/n64gaming/

Floorcat's working on his website too.
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
That site seems rather empty alxbly.

But I'm sure with with a little more time it'll be a great resource for Nintendo 64 information.

I'm about to start a website too, make a threesome of N64ever based sites. ;)
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ah, we're still playing that game. Okay, in that case you're now StRagedy, you cheap imitation!!! :P

So yeah, the site isn't rather empty, it's completely empty! Once I'm finished with endless university work (and the N64 FAQ) then I'll start actually adding stuff.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
So... as I was continuing work on my import website (hopefully ready for y'alls soon!)... I was thinking about scanning boxes (or rather, manuals/guides) again... and began wondering... like is it REALLY that illegal? I mean c'mon... there's The Game Manual Archive, which freely makes available thousands of game manuals... and if people can't really enjoy a game because they can't figure out the controls or whatever, it only makes sense that a resource such as this should be there for them. And if these manuals and guides are out of print, it's not like the publishers are losing anything out of the deal... so poo on copyrights, I say.

so...

Any dying manual requests? If I have the game, I have the manual.

Kerr Avon
Member Avatar
Sorry, posted in wrong topic. Oh well, erm...

N64s rule!

So does Irn Bru, Meat Load (the singer), Doctor Who (the original series', not the 2004+ ones so much), Blakes 7 and decent (funny) comedies.

And to keep on topic, are there any plans to scan N64 magazines and make them available for download, as have been done for the ZX Spectrum, the C64, the Amiga etc?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I threw out all my N64 mags years ago. :(
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
I used have a collection of N64Gamer magazines from February 1998 to January 2001, but I lost them all when I moved house a couple of years ago. :(

Its a real shame...those were some awesome magazines! Did anybody else here that lives in Australia/New Zealand (*cough*Ragedy*cough*) used to read the magazine?
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Was Raggggggg even alive in 1998?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

macN64
Member Avatar
Quote:

i got over 100 n64 games, but all of my games are PAL except for my Akumajo Dracula n64 cart which is japanese, if any of you want any scans, let me know, i will scan them up for you, i posted my collection of games here

http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_For...php?showtopic=3

so just ask if u want a scan, not all my games have boxs tho sry 

N64Gamer, do you think you could scan the Lylat Wars Box (if you have it)? I remember my freind telling me a long time ago that there was a space ship on the side of the box that looked like one from star wars. He said the if you kill all the badies on Venom you get to fly it, but I never belived him. I threw the box out before he told me this, so I've never seen this ship. Well, I probably have, but I didn't think much of it and I probably didn't notice it.

Thanks in advance. ^_^
Youtube

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: