Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Football (American) Topic!
Topic Started: Aug 5 2006, 06:34 AM (3,759 Views)
StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Since the poor little penguin topic has been overrun with football talk, I figured I'd make a place for us fans to discuss the greatest sport ever created.

I'll laugh when we play the Eagles this season, and beat them.

It could happen, after all we did lose to Arizona last year. We made LT our b**** but couldn't stop Arizone. WTF? Eh, we did have the "aweosme" quarterbacks Mike McMahon and Koy Detmer, which could explain things.

So Ragedy, you still hate me?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ragedy
Veteran
Nah mate your alright since you announced you liked the Packers.

Arizona are the most useless team ever, its been like 70 years or something sice they've won a title, that reminds me of when Minnesota played them in the last game of the 2003 season, damn that was funny(I sitll listen to Paul Allens commantary for that last play). Until two weeks later when we faced the Eagles in the divisional playoffs, but we don't need go into what happended there.

I still hate the Eagles, they made me cry.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
:D

Yeah Arizona are pretty useless, but I think they have a good shot at making the playoffs next year. Having the Edge, as well as two great recievers, a veteran quarterback, and a fantastic rookie QB to fall back on puts them in a pretty good spot. However, their O-line blows, and there defense isn't too great either.

But that divisional playoff game was pretty cool, great ending if I may say so :D

Now a team thatll make you cry is New England. Eags had everything going for them: the defense was playing soooo good (once again, Brian Dawkins :wub: ), the running game was doing good, and even the offensive line was doing alright. McNabb blew some plays and made some stupid decisions (throw to Westbrook instead of throwing the ball away, interception in the red zone :angry: , etc.) 10 or 11 Eagles went to the pro-bowl that year or something, so I was still pretty happy. FINALLY having an NFC championship was also a plus :)

I actually felt bad for Favre last year. He was getting the hell beat out of him (well, that was pretty funny actually) and taking the crap of the entire team on his shoulders. It wasn't "Well, the secondary played bad", it was "Well, Favre wasn't amazing so he lost the game for them."

The video of him pantsing that offensive lineman is pretty funny.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Ragedy
Veteran
That game gives me nightmares, I think I jinxed it when I put my "Green Bay Packers 2003 NFC Conference Champions" hat on just before that played happened.(I should'nt have brought that thing, but I was just so happy when we beat the Seahawks it OT)

I struggled to watch that Monday night game against the Ravens last year, that was terrible, especially since everyone talked up Brett Favre as being the king of Monday night football.

I think it ended up 48-3.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Monday...Night...Football *cries* Eagles lost all three Monday games they had, the one to the Seahawks was the largest shutout in NFL history, like 30 something to nothing. :( F****** McMahon and Detmer. I was quite pleased when the Packers took back the record for largest defeat on Monday night a few weeks later, though.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Ragedy
Aug 5 2006, 07:58 AM
I think I jinxed it when I put my "Green Bay Packers 2003 NFC Conference Champions" hat on just before that played happened.

Heh, that's why I always just wear my cheese hat. :lol:
Posted Image

Ragedy
Veteran
I think I remember that Seahawks game, it was also some special occasion for the Eagles if I remember, some players number becoming retired or something.

McMahon and Detmer were'nt that bad when Mcnabb broke his ankle against the Cardinals(and still scored like 4 TDs) a few years ago, what gives?

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
It was Reggie White's number. Being a GB fan you should know him, since he helped GB win a Superbowl. Hes the best DL ever.

Detmer/McMahon each threw an interception for touchdown against the Seahawks (maybe more, or maybe one just threw a couple, I'm trying to forget haha). Against the Cards they werent that bad, but not at the McNabb awesome-ness level. One of them was traded, I'm pretty sure it was McMahon since Detmer is a place holder.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Ragedy
Veteran
Ahh Reggie White, of course, I remember he died on Chirstmas 2004, I remember seeing ihm push Larry Allen into Troy Aikmen for a sack, haha amazing.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Yeah he was great. It was amazing how he could just run offensive linemen over, but could still put some moves on people too. I'm hoping Bunkley ends up like him.

Speaking of college football, Florida is looking amazing and should win the SEC (hopefully). There my favorite college team, because my cousin got me into college football and at the time he was going to UF and is still a huge fan of them. UF is like half an hour away from me, so it appears to of been a good pick. ;)
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Ragedy
Veteran
I like Michigan, I just choose them the day before they played USC in the in 2004 Rose Bowl, they ended up losing but I liked them anyway.

That Penn State game last year was amazing.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I like Penn State, so I thought it ended pretty bad. It was a good game though.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Ragedy
Veteran
Luckily it was one of the few games I was able to listen to on internet radio.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
During football season I watch just about every game that comes on.

I'm getting that NFL package thing so I can see the Eagles, but I'll also watch most of the others as long as their not at the same time as Philly.

I watched Green Bay scrimmage last night. I only caught the end, but they didn't seem bad. Favre fumbled the ball, though (well, had it stripped). Gado had a pretty nice TD run and Rodgers did alright. Their kickers sucked though.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Ragedy
Veteran
Damn I wish we got more than one game a week.

Ragedy
Veteran
Awesome! My brothers copy of Madden '07 arrived(Thats definitly the earliest Madden New Zealand release date ever). Havn't had any time to play it though.

Whats that pretender doing on the cover? Where's Brett Favre?! :P :lol:

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Ragedy
Aug 25 2006, 03:24 AM
Whats that pretender doing on the cover? Where's Brett Favre?!  :P  :lol:

Who's on the cover this year? At least Favre used to be on the cover of NFL Quaterback Club. :P
Posted Image

Ragedy
Veteran
Shaun Alexander, Pffft. He's only has great stats because he runs against the weakest division in Football. :P

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Yeah, Shaun Alexander can suck it. Larry Johnson is going to be the rushing champ this year.

Troy Polamalu should of been on the cover. His hair is cool.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Yay, it's September! The first Packers game of the regular season is on the 10th!! :D
Posted Image

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Florida and Penn State win = happy StYoung ;)
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
Only 2 days left!!! :D
Posted Image

Ragedy
Veteran
****ing Bears!

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
It's gonna be a LONG season... <_<

:(
Posted Image

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Eagles win 24-10 :wub:
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
And Florida wins 42-0. Too bad Penn State got their ass beat by Notre Gay.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Ragedy
Veteran
Notre gay :huh: Hilarious :rolleyes:

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Eagles are the leaders of the NFC East. All is good in the wor..NFL.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Jahutey
Member Avatar
Established Member
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samkon Gado traded to the Texans :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

And just before i finally see a Packer game.

Ragedy
Veteran
Oh dear Samkon, how awesome you were in that Lions game last year, and less so but still great the Falcons and Eagles games. Oh well, life goes on.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Other Topic Archives · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: