Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting N64 facts FAQ; Please read and post (even Dave!)
Topic Started: Mar 2 2007, 11:09 AM (9,502 Views)
dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
I am suspicious of any sale figures that come from Wikipedia.

-Wave Race 64 is not the first in the series -- it was also released for Gameboy

-Goldeneye predates Half-life by about a year. Things such as realistic level design, guns in realistic places (rather than floating on an altar like some gift from god), etc which Half-life is often credited for are gone earlier by Goldeneye. However, the level that Half-life takes these ideas suggests that Goldeneye really served no influence, one way or the other.

-That video of Terra, Loche, and Shadow fighting a monster that is often refered to as the "lost" Final Fantasy for N64 is a tech demo Square used to show what a modern RPG should look like.

-Pilotwings 64 is the N64's true legacy.

-[DELETED! :angry: ]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Mop_it_up
Mar 2 2007, 04:08 PM
dagoss
Mar 2 2007, 03:43 PM
-All buttons on the N64's controller, including the control stick, are digital not analog (source:  I vaguely remember hearing this -- I believe it came from Alxbly).

I thought I proved to you in a different thread that it's analogue. Every source I've seen confirms that it's analogue. Digital can't have varying degrees of input like analogue can. They also couldn't put "analogue control" on controller boxes if it were digital. Stop claiming it's digital just because you don't like it.

You didn't prove anything, you just said "it is, so shut the hell up". And I never said I don't like the control stick, I don't like the controllers design in general.

Such hostility for an apparently simple idea. As far as I can tell by playing around with the controller, it doesn't have a lot of distinct positions that result in different directional speed. In fact, it seems to only have like 3 or 4 tilt positions. That sounds more like it only appears analog. I don't see why it is unreasonable to even entertain the idea that such input could use a digital signal. Perhaps I read it somewhere, perhaps I didn't. Clearly I didn't hear it from Alxbly. I can't find anything substantiating my claim so maybe I have this mixed up with something else. But please, by all means, dismiss outright. :angry:

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Hydronix
Mar 2 2007, 08:13 PM
Quest 64 is the first rpg to determine the difference between Night and Day.

Nobody in the world has(or had) as many save files as myself on Quest 64.

Actually, this was done much earlier in quite a few games. Pool of Radiance for C64, for example, had night and day. Ultima might have too (I was never an Ultima fan though)

Quote:

The ugly end of this forum rears up waaay too often.

Every forum is like that. People are just argumentative on the internet, probably because you can say anything and not get kicked in the face. I know I do it all the time, and so does everyone else. Isn't that right Kerr Avon? *cue evil villain theme music*

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
Hm. It could have been that, or it might have been some other thing that was related to a 3rd party controller. I might have been thinking about something else. Maybe I was thinking about those touch screen check-outs in Super Markets. Who knows!

« Previous Topic · Nintendo 64 Guides, FAQs, and Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply