Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Question about colored wires
Topic Started: Jun 4 2007, 04:30 PM (996 Views)
Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
The wires that plug into the back of your VCR

I forgot I let my friend borrow my wires a couple days ago for his N64.

I was wondering is it possible to use SNES or Gamecube Wires to make the N64 work?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BetaWolf
Yes. SNES, N64, and Gamecube cables are all the same. Some people, like me, only use one set for all of those systems.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
Thanks for the tip. They work :P

Deleted User
Deleted User

BetaWolf
Jun 5 2007, 12:02 AM
Yes. SNES, N64, and Gamecube cables are all the same. Some people, like me, only use one set for all of those systems.

-_-

Not quite true. Most are compatible, but there are a number of exceptions. For example, although composite cables (yellow, red, white wires) will work with all, the Gamecube's component cable (red, green, blue wires) isn't compatible with the N64 or SNES. Neither is the European RGB SCART cable.

And... although the S-video cable will work with some EU games, it can produce color variances in others. US N64's don't suffer from this problem when using S-video.

Anyway, the composite cable works, and that's what matters. ^_^
Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Out of two Gamecubes, an N64, and a SNES I have...one set of cables...
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made. I nominate Steve for God!

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yeah, I use the composite for my N64/Gamecube when I use them in the bedroom. I could use a RGB and a composite but it's a pain to change the wires....
Quote Post Goto Top

BetaWolf
StYoung
Jun 4 2007, 06:03 PM
Out of two Gamecubes, an N64, and a SNES I have...one set of cables...

Same here, except just one Gamecube.

Also note that the second model of the SNES does not support S-video.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I guess I actually only have one Gamecube now, considering my brother decided to make a lunchbox out of one...
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
StYoung
Jun 4 2007, 06:48 PM
I guess I actually only have one Gamecube now, considering my brother decided to make a lunchbox out of one...

Dead serious? PICS NAO!

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Well its not a true lunchbox, he kinda just smashed a bunch of stuff out of it. I'll tell him to make it better though. What better thing to bring to your senior year of high school than a (purple) Gamecube lunchbox...
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deleted User
Deleted User

StYoung
Jun 5 2007, 01:48 AM

^_^

I never thought about it before but it would make a pretty good lunchbox.
Quote Post Goto Top

BetaWolf
That kind of crap bothers me. Do people not have sentimental value towards their game systems? Your brother is heartless.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I should of pointed out that it didn't work...really...

I was still mad when he did it though.

AND THE NEXT DAY HE BROKE THE PS2! NOW I'LL NEVER KNOW HOW KINGDOM HEARTS II ENDS!!! AND I WAS AT LIKE THE LAST WORLD!!! ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_;
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
StYoung
Jun 4 2007, 07:27 PM
I should of pointed out that it didn't work...really...

I was still mad when he did it though.

AND THE NEXT DAY HE BROKE THE PS2! NOW I'LL NEVER KNOW HOW KINGDOM HEARTS II ENDS!!! AND I WAS AT LIKE THE LAST WORLD!!! ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_;

Man sounds like you should break your brother.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sounds like your bro has been watching too many of those "smash my ..." vids.

They suck.
Quote Post Goto Top

BetaWolf
Wow... kick your brother for me.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Yeah hes a douche. He was all like "omg i need to clean the ps2 so it'll play gran turismo 4 the load times are taking foreverrr" and then he went to clean it but like accidentally kicked it or something and broke the insides... ;_;
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
StYoung
Jun 4 2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah hes a douche. He was all like "omg i need to clean the ps2 so it'll play gran turismo 4 the load times are taking foreverrr" and then he went to clean it but like accidentally kicked it or something and broke the insides... ;_;

How old is this punk?

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Applepieman
Member Avatar
Veteran
StYoung
Jun 4 2007, 07:36 PM

How old are you?

And wow, I'm 16 (17 tomorrow :P) and I neve broke a system in my life. I don't see how anyone can be so careless.

BetaWolf
F-f-fifteen? And he's doing all this?

Dude, hide your SNES and any of your other precious classic consoles.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
I actually bought the SNES from his friend so...

But I kinda took his Wii, so I guess thats payback? Maybe?
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

Deleted User
Deleted User

Sounds like good payback to me. And Wii plays Gamecube games so you're no worse off. B)
Quote Post Goto Top

BetaWolf
Not quite. Playing Gamecube games on Wii isn't the same experience as playing them on Gamecube.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Maybe I'm missing something then, cos I've not noticed a difference (apart from navigating the Wii menu at start-up). What other differences are there?

Quote Post Goto Top

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
The Wii doesn't make the weird chirping load noises like the Gamecube does.
dagoss,Nov 17 2007

BetaWolf
alxbly
Jun 5 2007, 04:20 AM
Maybe I'm missing something then, cos I've not noticed a difference (apart from navigating the Wii menu at start-up). What other differences are there?

Not having a real Gamecube.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

Deleted User
Deleted User

BetaWolf
Jun 5 2007, 03:55 PM
Not having a real Gamecube.

I've got a real Gamecube. It's the purple thing in my bedroom gathering dust. ^_^ Nah, I'm kidding; it can't gather dust cos it's in an airtight box, and it's been there pretty much since I bought my Wii.

So... is that it? If so, then the experience is almost exactly the same. You even use a Gamecube controller. Still, I'm intrigued... Why do you think having a "real gamecube" makes the experience any different?
Quote Post Goto Top

BetaWolf
It's hard to say. There's something different about opening up your Gamecube, putting a game in, and clicking the lid back down... than there is sliding a disk into the Wii slot. Getting so used to that, and then doing something different the next day, it's just not the same.

I'm the type who has a LOT of sentimental value towards his games and game systems. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way towards Cube games on Wii.

Actually, you know how I feel. I can prove that point. Why do you have your Gamecube in an airtight case, when it's not difficult to go get a new Gamecube anywhere? In fact, why do you not trade your Gamecube in for credit towards a new game if you can, in fact, play any Gamecube game on Wii, with the same experience?

BTW, it's the same thing with any other system I own. I've got Zelda Collector's Edition on Gamecube, yet I'd rather play OoT on N64, and the first 2 Zelda games on my NES.

Also, some Cube accessories don't work on Wii.
JadeYoshi from GameFAQs.

Deleted User
Deleted User

BetaWolf
Jun 5 2007, 04:59 PM
Actually, you know how I feel. I can prove that point. Why do you have your Gamecube in an airtight case, when it's not difficult to go get a new Gamecube anywhere?

Not in the UK you can't. Most stores stopped stocking new Gamecube's last year, and now they're rare even on eBay (UK). :(

BetaWolf
In fact, why do you not trade your Gamecube in for credit towards a new game if you can, in fact, play any Gamecube game on Wii, with the same experience?

No point. I'd get about 15 if I traded in my cube. That's not even the price of a new game. :(

BetaWolf
BTW, it's the same thing with any other system I own. I've got Zelda Collector's Edition on Gamecube, yet I'd rather play OoT on N64, and the first 2 Zelda games on my NES.

I think that's kinda different because of a few things. Take OoT as an example; the games ported and, although it looks a bit sharper, the control on the Gamecube pad isn't as good as the N64 pad. This isn't the case when you play a Gamecube game on a Wii, though, as you use the original controller... sadly... (I'd prefer to use the classic controller).

BetaWolf
Also, some Cube accessories don't work on Wii.

That's the real reason I don't trade it. If I did I couldn't use the Game Boy Player.
Quote Post Goto Top

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: