Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Brag h-...; I mean-Post your recent completions-here
Topic Started: Oct 23 2007, 02:07 PM (760 Views)
floorcat
Member Avatar
Nintendo sixty-floorcat :P
I wanted to say 100% completions, but I realize not everyone enjoys playing games how they should be played putting the time &/or effort in for 100% completions.

All the same, this is the thread for telling the world (well, Nintendo 64 Forever go-ers, at least) what games you've recently played through to the end, one way or another.

For me (and to the absolute best of my knowledge),
these are all done & completed 100%:
Manhunt (Xbox)
Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)
Second Sight (Xbox) [size=0](100% within 48 consecutive hours it was such a damn good story!)[/size]
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy (Xbox)
Grand Theft Auto III (Xbox)

This was all pretty much done when I had only one part-time night job and no time-squandering internet, not to mention a glorious lack of both classes and a full-time day-job. (basically, early June to late August)

5 more down, 400+ to go...
... and the backlog continues to grow... -_-

(not sure when I'll have the chance to play like that again...) ;_;
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Rayman Legends, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rapueda (retired)
Member Avatar
Gemini Squadron
floorcat
Oct 23 2007, 03:07 PM
Second Sight (Xbox) [size=0](100% within 48 consecutive hours it was such a damn good story!)[/size]

What is Second Sight like?
Posted Image

floorcat
Member Avatar
It's like the best story in a video game. Ever.

I'd say it's worth it to play just for the story. You can probably find the Xbox version for $5 or so now.

Psi-Ops is a better 3rd person adventure "psychic power" game... just meh story/music.
Now Playing: Clash Royale (mobile), Gravity Rush 2, Rayman Legends, Project CARS, Uncharted 4 Survival Mode ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Deleted User
Deleted User

Here's what I've recently completed.

Dead Rising (360)
Crackdown (360)
Halo 3 (360)
Just Cause (360)
Resident Evil 4 (Wii - 100% complete!)

I think those are the only games I've completed this year. That's pretty poor for me... usually it's more than that. :(

And congrats on completing GTA3 100%, Mr Floorcat.
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Oct 23 2007, 04:59 PM
And congrats on completing GTA3 100%, Mr Floorcat.

Yeah... that one took a little while... as did Burnout 3 (friggin' World Circuit Racer GP!!) <_<

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ooooh, that sounds hard. I never got that far. I got the World Circuit Racer Preview track, which was pretty tough, so I imagine the GP was just plain mean.

But worth it? :unsure:
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
Yeah... that one was pretty insane... just having to race the fastest/weakest car in the game in four of the (probably) longest tracks in the game consecutively... AND place an overall 1st...

I remember almost giving up after seeing what was in store for me after crashing through the very first lap of the first track. A few weeks later I realized it couldn't be harder than that stupid challenge in Wipeout 64. ;) And it wasn't. Close... though. >_<

... and yes... worth it... IF you're all about 100% :rolleyes:
The funny thing was, I was only at about 60% when I tackled that GP... since I'd do all the available races/road rages/preview laps/crash junctions on a continent before moving on to the next. So I was kinda scared that the remaining 40% (all crash junctions, as far as I could tell back then) were going to be INSANELY hard. They weren't, and it was such an anticlimactic 100%.

StYoung
Member Avatar
Elite
Hm I'm just going to go with games completed since October for now:

Halo 3 [X360]

Long list, eh? :-/
dagoss,Nov 17 2007
05:13 PM
OMG, this is the best topic ever made.  I nominate Steve for God!

Deleted User
Deleted User

A few of the 360 games I own will be impossible for me to achieve 100% on until I get the 360 connected to Xbox Live. A lot of achievements can only be won in Live; kill 10 people in a deathmatch online, etc, etc. One day...

And there's a few games I just don't have the patience to complete 100%. Crackdown was a great game but I'm not gonna spend hours hunting down a few last orbs when you get no reward for it. Just Cause is the same... sort of. There's loads of enemy outposts to be taken over but it would take ages and they're all very, very similar... It gets a bit dull and it's time I don't have. :(

Does that sound like some good excuses? :unsure: :-/ >_< :P
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Oct 23 2007, 05:35 PM
It gets a bit dull and it's time I don't have.  :(

Does that sound like some good excuses?  :unsure:  :-/  >_<  :P

*thinks about the multitude of hours spent doing the stupid paramedic & taxi missions in GTAIII* >_< >_< >_<

Deleted User
Deleted User

Paramedic is good fun though, and the difficulty increases the longer you play. The takeover part of Just Cause is like playing the same 3 levels of a game over and over again.... >_<
Quote Post Goto Top

floorcat
Member Avatar
I dunno alxbly... GTAIII's Paramedic missions were probably the most eye-gougingly harrowing, repetitive thing I'll ever admit to doing in my life, aside from playing that stupid text-based Pong game for a straight hour (the one that dagoss posted here 50 years ago). And it's not like it gets more difficult as you play (you're still simply taking people to the hospital)... it's just that you're racing against the inevitable destruction of your retardmobile ambulance.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hmmm... it may have been the sentimental side of me talking in that last post. I've not played a paramedic mission since San Andreas, so that's probably about two years ago. GTAIII would have been about a year and half before that...

:-/
Quote Post Goto Top

dagoss
Member Avatar
Smarty Pants
I've recently tried to list every game I've beaten. I probably missed quite a few...

Deleted User
Deleted User

^ Impressive. I'll post my list later. :)
Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
These are my recent 100% completions:

-Sonic CD (PS2 port)
-GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
-GTA: Vice City (PS2)
-Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS2)
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843

daynum
Member Avatar
Established Member
On a halloween theme I recently beat Eternal Darkness (GC) and Monster Party (NES).

Gyllenhal
Member Avatar
He are the games I've beaten this year:

Pokemon Gold (GBC)
Super Mario 64 DS (DS duh)

:( Thats all! :(
OMG LASER PEW PEW PEW

Mr.378
Member Avatar
The Fallen Hero
I've almost completed the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 100%.

floorcat
Member Avatar
I finished Manhunt 2 yesterday afternoon on "sane"... gonna have to work on "insane" now. <_>

For the most part, Manhunt 2 was pretty solid from a technical standpoint, but the general atmosphere was about 10X more tense in the original. (Which is a good thing??) I'm not saying the sounds or visuals were any worse (I'd say they're a step up, actually)... there's just that strong emotional affectation the first Manhunt had where this one lacks is pretty weak. Also, from what I can tell, there's hardly any unlockables in the sequel... :( Basically, even if we were to completely remove the executions from BOTH games, the original Manhunt is a better game. :-/

Or maybe I'm now just completely desensitized to explicit gore and gratuitous blood-letting. :unsure: <_>

I did enjoy the whole game though... especially the waggle executions and silly story. I just think I enjoyed the original quite a bit more... so if I had to, I'd give MH2 a 3.5 or 4 out of 5 where the original would be 5 out of 5.

Matt
Member Avatar
Kick, Punch, It's all in the mind
i beat portal a few weeks ago and guitar hero 3
Posted Image

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
I've hardly beaten anything, about 90% of the games I own I haven't beaten yet. It's really pathetic.

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Gaming Freak
Nov 26 2007, 09:17 PM
I've hardly beaten anything, about 90% of the games I own I haven't beaten yet. It's really pathetic.

Am I right in assuming that you buy more game then you actually play? I used to have that syndrome, but recently I've forced myself to finish all of my games before buying a new one.
-alxbly

Gaming Freak
Hardcore Gamer
dataDyne
Nov 26 2007, 08:46 PM
Gaming Freak
Nov 26 2007, 09:17 PM

Am I right in assuming that you buy more game then you actually play? I used to have that syndrome, but recently I've forced myself to finish all of my games before buying a new one.

Well, I play them all, but there are a bunch of games I have that I've only played for like an hour or so. I usually don't end up finishing a game I start because I just can't motivate myself, plus I would have to refresh my memory on the controls and where I was in the game if I hadn't played it in a while.

Mr.378
Member Avatar
The Fallen Hero
In Trauma Center: Second Opinion I got an XS on X1, X2 and X4, I'm going to try X6 sometime today.

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
Ocarina of Time years ago.

Lego Star Wars about a year ago(maybe a bit more)

Mario Kart 64(long, long time ago...)

The Legend of Zelda(NES, of course, both quests)

Super Mario Bros. 2(repeat above)

Sonic & Knuckles(Knuckles' Story only, basic completion, Genesis)

Mortal Kombat: Deception(GameCube, Krypt finished, story mode finished, just need character endings done)

Shadow The Hedgehog(unfinished Library, missing 2-3 keys, GameCube)

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga(all Gold Bricks collected, all Extras unlocked, all Characters unlocked, just need to collect all 360 Blue Canisters and complete all 6 Super Stories)
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

stinger9142
Member Avatar
Endure and survive...
i hardly ever get 100% on a game. i usually beat them and then some, but i have gone all the way with a few.

gta vice city - ps2 100%
gun - ps2 100%
hitman blood money - ps2 (got silent assasin on all levels you can get it on)
hitman contracts - ps2 (same as above)

pokemon yellow - game beaten with all 151 pokemon collected

the coolest thing i have done recently?

i am now hunter rank 4 on monster hunter, with 260 hours played. i have only one monster left to beat, but i am WAY far from 100% complete. awesome game :D

i may have forgotten some i have gotten 100% on, i am sure i have...

floorcat
Member Avatar
Finished Sonic the Hedgehog last week... even with all the Chaos Emeralds! :w00t: granted... it probably doesn't count, since I accomplished this on a ermmm... coughcough... romcough. :-8

BUT... anyone remember the "boss-battle" for the Labyrinth Zone?? Y'know... the one where you don't actually battle Robotnik, but simply chase after him up that ridiculous chasm o' death? Yeah, the one that's impossible as ****. Well, with complete disregard for the general welfare/basic functionality of my left thumb, I was determined to "kill" Robotnik on that level. And I did. Nary a secret unlocked nor even accomplishment acknowledged by the game at any point thereafter... (Robotnik just flies away blowing up just like he does in all the other boss-battles)... but it was damn satisfying in a painfully masochistic way. I even still feel the pain. In my left thumb. Actually no. I can't feel anything, as it's still numb. >_< >_< >_<

Second hardest feat I've accomplished in any video game ever.

(The hardest was of course that damned Wipeout 64 dilly.)

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
床の猫
Dec 9 2007, 08:33 AM
BUT... anyone remember the "boss-battle" for the Labyrinth Zone?? Y'know... the one where you don't actually battle Robotnik, but simply chase after him up that ridiculous chasm o' death? Yeah, the one that's impossible as ****. Well, with complete disregard for the general welfare/basic functionality of my left thumb, I was determined to "kill" Robotnik on that level. And I did. Nary a secret unlocked nor even accomplishment acknowledged by the game at any point thereafter... (Robotnik just flies away blowing up just like he does in all the other boss-battles)... but it was damn satisfying in a painfully masochistic way. I even still feel the pain. In my left thumb. Actually no. I can't feel anything, as it's still numb. >_< >_< >_<

Second hardest feat I've accomplished in any video game ever.

That's awesome! It's never even occured to me that you could "kill" him during that battle. I might actually give that a go later tonight *hugs copy of Sonic Mega Collection Plus*. Of course, I could attempt it on my original copy of the game on Megadrive, but that one doesn't have a save function. ;)
-alxbly

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply