Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (38,032 Views)
danny_galaga
Member Avatar
D.J Cat
Apr 8 2011, 08:28 PM
I love Hydro Thunder.
Good looking game for the N64.

Imagine my excitement last year when I saw the Arcade version of it down at Garden City (your in Brisbane right?)

:D

Geez, why am I reading this just now? :facepalm:

I was just in Garden City today! The only reason I used to go there was that there was a Game Traders. Now gone. Today I was checking out Borders to see if they still sell Retro Gamer. I was pretty sure they wouldn't because they are under administration and have stopped buying the slower moving stuff.

Now I'm going to have to go back to GC next week!
Edited by danny_galaga, Apr 10 2011, 01:22 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Its sorta under the lower food court.

Yeah, shame about that Gametraders
The ones at Browns Plains and Indooroopily are going strong.
Sorta know some of the owners/people that work at them.
Bought 14 N64 games last time they had a pre-played sale. :D

Only been playing F-Zero X this week inbetween working 50 hours and now being incredibly sick. :-X

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
still playing Wetrix and just set a 782,308 point hiscore.
It is getting really hard in later levels; very fast and furious... im not sure i will make much progress beyond this!

Posted Image

danny_galaga
Member Avatar
Took the N64 to a friends place on Friday. I showed them Hydro Thunder, but it's not great as multplayer. Then we got stuck into Goldeneye. Then when there was only the two of us left, we played Mario Kart

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Yeah Hyrdo Thunder doesnt quite do it in multiplayer.

I managed to just unlock the Hard levels on Saturday.
The Far East took several tries.

I destroyed my mate in Mario Kart, won every cup.
He used to go even with me, but I think that was only cause I used to drink heaps when we used to play. :P
Then we played Goldeneye and he beat me, cause I'd had to much to drink funny enough. >_<

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Now playing and pleasantly surprised by Cruisin World. Car handling, frame rate, game play is much better than in Cruisin USA. Unlike Cruisin USA, you can improve your ability (which I've always preferred over "unlockables").
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I remember Cruisin World getting pretty decent reviews, especially compared to Cruisin USA. A lot of people still liekd the game but.

Mostly just been playing Wetrix, but watched my buddy play Forsaken for an hour, I'd never played it before.
Looks pretty good, very 90s world, love the soundtrack.
And it moves along at a fair clip too.

lazyhoboguy
Member Avatar
I have cruisin exotic and remember really liking that. I haven't played it recently though. I also just repurchased NFL Blitz after losing my cartridge a few years back. That game is really fun even though I don't like football hahah.
ps2onlinegaming.com (site for scheduling ps2 online and ps2 lan tunneling matches)
psn__lazyhoboguy
My Blog
Xlink (LAN tunneling application for ps2,xbox,gc and more)
My Game Collection
My youtube channel

Purtle
Member Avatar
I just tested out Mace the dark age today.

I only played for 10 minutes or so but it just seems like another standard fighting game like mortal kombat/war gods/etc
There seems to be a lot of fighting games in this format, or at least so far the games I have gotten are all like this.
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

Alice Lawless
Member Avatar
N64 collection completed 7/29/12
Purtle
May 19 2011, 07:12 PM

I only played for 10 minutes or so but it just seems like another standard fighting game like mortal kombat/war gods/etc
There seems to be a lot of fighting games in this format, or at least so far the games I have gotten are all like this.
Xena the Warrior Princess plays like that, but is more of an open battlefield if both players (up to four actually) spread out a bit. Worth checking out.
Facebook:
STIK ROSS
Posted Image
Posted Image
297/296 NTSC N64 [100%] (Zelda GOLD)
7/7 PAL N64 [100%]

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I bought Xena last year, almost as a bit of a joke. Played it a bit.
Thought it was only a 2 player game. I can see it being fun as a 4 player game though.
Maube I should give it a bit more a try.

I love how 90s world it is.

mandalore
Member Avatar
Established Member
Purtle
May 19 2011, 07:12 PM

I always thought Mace: The Dark Age was a pretty cool fighter game. Yeah there are prolly better ones out there, but I always enjoyed it :yeah:
Get :n64: or get out!

Posted Image

Nintendo ID: nineromega

Purtle
Member Avatar
I just tested out my Clay fighter 63 1/3

Took me a bit to get semi-used to controllers. Then I think I beat it with Earthworm jim.

Pretty short game, and considering that I didn't really know what I was doing it was pretty easy.
Check out My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Purtle28PatrickSSB

Sevillian273
I decided that Im going play all of the 162 carts just to check em all out. This could take a while!

I stopped collecting in early 06 and to this day there is a large amount of carts that I've never played! The thrill was in the chase at the time...

Today I got into GEX for a bit. Its not nearly as bad as the reviews say, at least IMO...

After completing a circuit in Lego Racers and getting obliterated in Rat Attack, I got into Rogue Squadron - great game! I may stick with this one for a while. Just got a game over in the 3rd level and turned it off for the night.

Get N or Get Out.

mandalore
Member Avatar
Established Member
I used to own Gex (before swapping it with someone) and it was a game I always enjoyed playing.

Had a really quirky atmosphere to it, but that just added to the gameplay.

Posted Image

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Ive just completed Rayman 2 again. Fantastic game and well on a par with the likes of Banjo Kazooie. Fantastic graphical backgrounds. Really enjoyed playing it again.
Oh and just started Beetle Adventure Racing again this morning. Damn memory card was corrupt so have lost all the saved tracks and times. But, it's a fun game so its not such a biggie having to start again! lol
Edited by Ninty64, Jun 6 2011, 03:52 PM.

mandalore
Member Avatar
Established Member
Ninty64
Jun 6 2011, 03:50 PM
Ive just completed Rayman 2 again. Fantastic game and well on a par with the likes of Banjo Kazooie. Fantastic graphical backgrounds. Really enjoyed playing it again.
Oh and just started Beetle Adventure Racing again this morning. Damn memory card was corrupt so have lost all the saved tracks and times. But, it's a fun game so its not such a biggie having to start again! lol
Did the same thing with SBK's the other day, accidently deleted my save files from my card.

BAR is a great little racing game, I used to borrow it from a friend from time to time. We actually had 2 versions of the game released here in Australia, both identical, except for the fact it was called Holden Adventure Racing, and the cars were replaced with Holden sports cars. I always preferred BAR tho. More quirky :yeah:

Posted Image

Sevillian273
Beetle Adventure Racing is a good game. Even Gamespot rates it highly and theyre rather critical especially of racing games.

I just played Road Rash 64 for the first time. What a hilarious game! I laughed all the way through it! It seems like a game that would have gotten parents complaining back when it came out.
Get N or Get Out.

mandalore
Member Avatar
Established Member
Road Rash is hilarious!

And yes you are totally right, parents would have complained about it back in the day.

Posted Image

Ninty64
Member Avatar
Got Excitebike 64 out today and had a blast - damn difficult though. Also had a bit of a laugh with some mates tonight on Chefs Luv Shack. Soooo funny.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
mandalore
Jun 6 2011, 06:30 PM
Ninty64
Jun 6 2011, 03:50 PM

BAR is a great little racing game, I used to borrow it from a friend from time to time. We actually had 2 versions of the game released here in Australia, both identical, except for the fact it was called Holden Adventure Racing, and the cars were replaced with Holden sports cars. I always preferred BAR tho. More quirky :yeah: [/color]
I preffered HSV Adventure Racing for the over the top Australian Accent of the announcer.

And yeah Rayman 2 is pretty special.
I never finished it.
Maybe I should play it from the start again.

Heinrold
Member Avatar
just played FIFA 98 and Bust-a-Move 3. great party games because FIFA 98 is the last game with indoor mode and bust-a-move is extremely addicting when playing with 3 or 4 players!!!
:n64: = :)
Always many PAL games for sale:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7338905/1

Sevillian273
There's a bust a move 3 for n64??

Get N or Get Out.

Cabanon
Elite
Sevillian273
Jun 26 2011, 05:39 PM
There's a bust a move 3 for n64??

Bust-A-Move '99 is named Bust-A-Move 3DX in Europe

blakesleven
Member Avatar
Established Member
I've started playing DK 64.never finished it before so I'd like to make this my next :n64: completion :)
Posted Image

clarky_n64
Member Avatar
Modding Monster
blakesleven
Aug 3 2011, 05:47 AM
I've started playing DK 64.never finished it before so I'd like to make this my next :n64: completion :)
My GF started this a few weeks back. Probably the hardest 3D platformer released by Rare on the N64 IMO. And the game soooo huge!!
Clarky & Smithy Creations YouTube Channel

blakesleven
Member Avatar
Established Member
clarky_n64
Aug 3 2011, 07:35 AM
blakesleven
My GF started this a few weeks back. Probably the hardest 3D platformer released by Rare on the N64 IMO. And the game soooo huge!!
I'm just beginning to realise how hard this game is :( even the first boss (armadillo) took me a few attempts :lol:
Posted Image

FoxC
Member Avatar
Annual Visitor
clarky_n64
Aug 3 2011, 07:35 AM
blakesleven
It does have a lot of area to explore in each level. Seems like the levels are twice as big as ones in Banjo Kazooie.

I started to play it off and on a few weeks ago. Had a real craving for it last night so it kept me up for a few hours.

I remember during the N64 era I would rent this game constantly. I would always have to start over but still wanted to rent it again. I even bought the guide for retail price way before I bought the game. I would look ahead to see the parts of the game that I didn't get to before I would have to return the game. Bought the game a few years ago and still haven't finished it, but it's a great game to come back to!

One of my favorite games for the N64.
Posted Image

BearLily
Established Member
DK64. Not as good as the Banjo games, but still good. Near the end as well. :)

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
For about the last week I've been playing Killer Instinct Gold pretty seriously. This started because discussion on another message board that I frequent centered around N64 fighting games being unfairly overlooked. I realized I'd never given KIG a fair chance back in the day which struck me as very odd since me and my friends had spent so much time with Killer Instinct on the SNES.

So I dug up my Killer Instinct Gold strategy guide, put the game in my console and went at it. Then it all came back to me; the reason I'd never spent much time with this game is because the N64 controller is awful for Street Fighter style fighters. Nonetheless, KIG is a very fun and strategically deep entry in to the fighting game genre. So much so that I think I'm going to fabricate a competition worthy arcade-style fightstick for my N64. If I really do end up following through on this project I'll surely post pictures of it here so stay tuned...
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply