Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,660 Views)
italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Beaten recently Rayman 2. For the first time collecting all 1000 lums. Still a marvellous game.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
Nice I just wish you used the Ntsc version instead. With all the games I've played recently it's hard to comment on this thread at the moment
Edited by Shellshocker18, Jan 3 2018, 08:49 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image I only partially like some of you
Posted Image The award I will forever be most proud of

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Beaten 100% again Beetle Adventure Racing!
Get 100 points in Wicked Woods is been easier than I remembered. Some Daisy Boxes are very hard to find tough.
https://youtu.be/riC6il36sS4
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

sublime1996525
Member Avatar
That dude
Played some MK64 with my brother-in-law. He beat me. I have gotten so used to Linus' stick that playing with one that just flopped all the way to the side when you pick it up didn't work well for me. I couldn't slide for crap.

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
It's been a while since I beat any games that I haven't played already or are over 30 minutes long but today I beat Sin & Punishment 4 times. Twice on the translated version and twice on the Japanese version, once on normal mode and once on Hard mode for each. After beating the game you get options to disable lag and make the game move twice as fast which is crazy because it even affects the cutscenes, but not the spoken dialogue. It's frantic. I'm really crappy at S&P but then I remember people complaining that normal mode is hard so I stop worrying. It's okay

Edited by Shellshocker18, Jul 5 2017, 09:22 PM.
Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Wanted to give a quick update on my controller situation. I had gotten 3retro bit controllers with ps2 style joysticks and a long time ago I told you guys that they worked great for racing games but were messed up for smash bros. just out of curiosity I tried them again and two of them worked fine. They just needed to be broken in a bit. I tried unplugging and replugging them in just to be sure this wasn't a fluke but I think I can actually recommend them now, though still a little hesitant.

The third one looks like it's shot though - its y axis is messed up beyond help :(

EDIT: yeah the controllers stopped working again...that's what I get for trusting third party :(
Edited by ItalianBaptist, Aug 9 2017, 07:35 PM.
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD

Grizzmeister
Member Avatar
Latter-day Nostradamus
For the last few years I've been hearing how WWF No Mercy for the N64 is probably the best pro wrestling game of all time. That motivated me to pick up a used copy so me and my friends can do 4-player matches on our next retro night.

Right now I'm working my way through the single-player just to figure out the basics so I can teach my buddies.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Didn't know where else to put this but I feel like it's a major accomplishment for me - I replaced a joystick in an n64 controller for the first time! Everything seems to be working just fine :)

italia64
Member Avatar
Veteran
Played and beaten Cruis'n Exotica in all modes
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

davyK
Member Avatar
Established Member
Playing some Excitebike 64. I have the JP version which doesn't support the expansion pack. However I'm playing it on an RGB modded console with the an official Gamecube cable and a nice CRT. The picture looks great - I thought I was playing in hires mode until I read that the JP version doesn't support it!!

Great game with superb sense of control. Deeper than it looks and plenty to do with some nice bonus content.
Edited by davyK, Sep 23 2017, 07:42 AM.

DABOMBEVERYPLAY
Member Avatar
I've been playing jack and crap because my system :pottymouth: the bed. Fun.
Grizzmeister
Aug 17 2017, 11:20 AM
For the last few years I've been hearing how WWF No Mercy for the N64 is probably the best pro wrestling game of all time. That motivated me to pick up a used copy so me and my friends can do 4-player matches on our next retro night.

Right now I'm working my way through the single-player just to figure out the basics so I can teach my buddies.
You've made a wise decision!
Edited by DABOMBEVERYPLAY, Oct 12 2017, 09:09 PM.
Favorite Game: Super Mario 64

Favorite Level: Hazy Maze Cave

Least Favorite Level: Dire, Dire Docks

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Got Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 off eBay. My short term goal is to have all the arenas available in free battle mode (so basically gym leader castle - eventually get to vs rival I guess)

megawatts64
Member Avatar
This past week I completed Gauntlet Legends and DOOM 64. It was the first time I've properly played through DOOM and have to say I found it amazing. The level design is insanely good.

I've now moved on to Mario Kart 64. Not sure why, just felt like playing through it again and seeing how it holds up as I've not played it recently and been spoilt by Mario Kart 8.

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Okay I am being very thankful for those who take the time to do fan translations of those games that did not make it to the US but stayed in Japan. I am also being thankful for those who have the ingenuity to produce reproduction carts for retro consoles. For without that, I would not have this English translation of the Animal Crossing game which initially first appeared on the Nintendo 64.

One quirk that this reproduction cart has, is, no real time clock. I think the special chip is missing from the reproduction PC board. The game knows that there is something wrong with the clock and warns you. But if you are playing it every day, like I am, you can adjust it to the time and date you begin. The game saves with the internal battery, your game,time you stopped, and the date. And this is saved to the cart, not to a memory card. So really no big deal. Can’t really complain with what I got here. It mostly baffles me why Nintendo did not bring this to the US while the N64 was on the shelf.

Loving every minute of this though :yeah:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
megawatts64
Oct 28 2017, 04:26 PM
This past week I completed Gauntlet Legends and DOOM 64. It was the first time I've properly played through DOOM and have to say I found it amazing. The level design is insanely good.

I've now moved on to Mario Kart 64. Not sure why, just felt like playing through it again and seeing how it holds up as I've not played it recently and been spoilt by Mario Kart 8.
Doom 64 is so cool.

Teraforming! 😁

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
@Retro Junkie: Does the n64 animal crossing have the nes games in it?

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
I heard that some new record was broken in Goldeneye?
Anyone know about this or was I imagining it?

Listening to the Treetop Village music from Turok 1 right now.
What a level.

https://youtu.be/KD3CccmBTjg

Shellshocker18
Member Avatar
The Shockmaster
D.J Cat
Dec 4 2017, 01:49 PM
I heard that some new record was broken in Goldeneye?
Anyone know about this or was I imagining it?

Listening to the Treetop Village music from Turok 1 right now.
What a level.

https://youtu.be/KD3CccmBTjg
Long time no see bud. Dam Agent 52 seconds was achieved 2 days ago, after 53 being the record since September 2002, over 15 years.

Having just come to understand the complexities and impact of the Goldeneye elite speed running community thanks to RWhitegoose, this was crazy to see happen so soon. It pretty much was expected too, here was the thread where people guessed how long it would take in December for it to happen.

https://forums.the-elite.net/index.php?PHPSESSID=5q8phffcnav9bsdmtbfbub8k47&topic=22177.0
Edited by Shellshocker18, Dec 4 2017, 07:05 PM.
Posted Image

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Tonight I introduced my pastor’s daughters to the wonders of Pokémon Stadium mini games. A good time was had by all for the most part. The highlights were sushi-go-round (the lickitung game), dig dig dig (the sandshrew game) and eager eevee. There was also much laughter when clefairy was hit by the hammer in clefairy says.

1985gamer
Member Avatar
I missed out on Banjo Tooie the first time round and just picked it up recently, so I've been playing BK through again before I play Tooie. Been going for 100% item collection of each world before moving onto the next, nearly finished and can't wait to try out the completely new sequel soon. I watched Glenn Plant's review and seems like they went all out.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
1985gamer
Jan 22 2018, 09:16 AM
I missed out on Banjo Tooie the first time round and just picked it up recently, so I've been playing BK through again before I play Tooie. Been going for 100% item collection of each world before moving onto the next, nearly finished and can't wait to try out the completely new sequel soon. I watched Glenn Plant's review and seems like they went all out.

Welcome to the forum and nice avatar of the Japanese Perfect Dark cover art 😍

So, I think Banjo Tooie is bloody fantastic although I can finally see some people's point of view that it is TOO big but, if you have the time and patience you are in for a treat.

It is EXACTLY what 12 year old me wanted.
A far bigger sequel to a really fun first game in the series.
And If you like subtle innuendo on multiple occasions....this is the game for you! 😂

As for me, I have been switching between Wave Race 64 and Excitebike 64.
Finally got my good form back in Wave Race and starting to really get the hang of Excitebike.
Working out which racer suits your play style helps a lot! 🏆
Edited by D.J Cat, Jan 22 2018, 12:00 PM.

jonathancutt
For some weird reason, I never played Banjo-Tooie back in the day depsite loving the first as a kid. I just finished Banjo-Kazooie 100% as a lead up to it. I'll probably finish Diddy Kong Racing as a break between the two Banjos.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: