Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (37,996 Views)
Yoshi64
Member Avatar
Established Member
I beat OoT about a week ago for the second time getting about 99 percent of of the collectibles all I am missing is one heart piece that I cannot find. I also played F-zero X to unlock the alternate title screen on Expert difficulty level, I might try for Master difficulty
:n64: :n64: :n64: :n64:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
alxbly
Aug 21 2009, 04:08 PM
I just played Re-Volt for the first time. It seems okay, although the handling is twitchy... as it would be with a RC car. Have you played that game, Mop_it_up?
Just a little bit, but it was some time ago. I remember thinking it was what Micro Machines 64 should have been like. The physics seemed awfully realistic though, it felt more like driving a real car than controlling an RC car. For some reason I also remember thinking that the A.I. was really cheap, though I can't recall why. The track editor is pretty in-depth, there is a lot which can be done with it. Games like this are hindered by the smallish memory cards though; you'd pretty much need a memory card dedicated to this game in order to create more than a couple of tracks.

Piepants
Member Avatar
Lately I've been playing a lot of Winback, with some Quake every once in a while

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Played through StarFox 64 yesterday and a couple of times today. Really was very enjoyable getting that out and shooting my way through it again.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I've been playing Forsaken 64. I forgot how good this game is, although the missions are pretty basic. I like the way the gunfire lights up the rooms in different colors... I remember this being jaw dropping when I first seen real lighting on the N64. :)

macN64
Member Avatar
On the N64, I've been playing short busts of Smash Bros. and Waverace. It's nice not to have to bother with memory cards and loading screens. :)
Youtube

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
I know what you mean, loading screens are really starting to get on my nerves. I really hope Nintendo goes with cartridges for their next system as their big thing that surprises everyone.

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
If they came out with a cart based system, I'd be all over it! And I don't see why they couldn't. With something like the DS cart, and with SD cards being so cheap, its not like the old days. There has been great advancement in technology and prices have went down. We can dream.... :)

macN64
Member Avatar
Hear hear. ^_^

And a late welcome Retro Junkie. :)
Edited by macN64, Oct 6 2009, 06:39 PM.
Youtube

AdamGilmore
Member Avatar
I just wanted to share that I started playing Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness today in the morning and...I beat it few minutes ago :D (with Cornell). Now I have to find those brats with Henry and I'm all good to go with Reinhardt and in his bad-ass costume and a thunder whip :D
BTW - Did anyone of You get that alternative costume for Reinhardt in the first Castlevania? I did and I must say it wasn't all that worth going through all these traps in the Tower of Execution just to get it.
Sinner And Punisher

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
Wow! Been spending the day with Cruis'n Exotica. Great fun and a wild ride. :w00t:

lazyhoboguy
Member Avatar
I have cruisin exotica. I really liked that game. It was so crazy lol. I should dust it off and play it again.
ps2onlinegaming.com (site for scheduling ps2 online and ps2 lan tunneling matches)
psn__lazyhoboguy
My Blog
Xlink (LAN tunneling application for ps2,xbox,gc and more)
My Game Collection
My youtube channel

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
lazyhoboguy
Oct 20 2009, 02:54 AM
I have cruisin exotica. I really liked that game. It was so crazy lol. I should dust it off and play it again.
I can't help but laugh as I see all these other cars, and sometimes me, get to bouncing around the highway and piling up. There is so much crazy driving here, it has become my favorite of the Cruis'n series on the N64 in this short time that I have had it.

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
Excitebike 64, I finally *got* it with the driving...to an extent haha.
Just unlocked Pro difficulty and beat Bronze and Silver rounds...love the hill climb stage.

I love the way the game rewards you for taking people out...so brutal.

Off topic, but I just thought it would be a good idea to tak epics of our gaming setups...ther emigth already be a topic on it...might be fun. :D
Edited by D.J Cat, Nov 13 2009, 10:29 AM.

Ganondorf
Member Avatar
super mario 64
finished super mario 64 today , i played this a lot on the weekend and got the fifteen stars i needed.
i was quite suprise when i found out how many worlds i missed in the credits. the only thing i thought the game was missing was bosses. after watching the ending for zelda ocarina of time this year i was a little dissapointed with the ending for super mario 64, however overall its a top game.

mario party n64
i just got over one hundred stars today but i couldnt be bothered to play another game because they take like half an hour and no one wwants to play it with me

Edited by Ganondorf, Nov 29 2009, 03:46 AM.
Plato "wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something"

Irene(Hydronix)
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
What, you thought this was going to be about Quest 64 again? Nope! Well, kind of.

I just played Eltale Monsters on Project64. Man, it's fun. Sure it's in japanese, but thanks to my Q64 knowledge, I know what spells are which. Yay for having just the right memory(pun intended).

The game is widely different, though most is just fluff. You can see when your stats go up by a color-coded aura appearing around you representing the appropriate element-based stat.(Fire for HP, Water for MP, and so on) Also, Criticals are denoted by changing the damage color to red, and it making a noise that of awesomeness! Oh, and the number is shown larger(and I don't meant digit-wise, though that can apply to). There's a cutscene at the end of the game, before the credits, and enemies drop items even if you already have that item.

The first NPC no longer gives you a Fresh Bread, but a Mint Leaves, but another NPC in Dondoran, or Tontoran(as it would be directly translated as) gives you a Honey Bread instead of the usual Fresh Bread as well. I had to hunt Were Hares just for a freakin' Fresh Bread, yeesh. Other than that, I got 3 Spirit Lights from the Apophises(I seemed to face 2 every time) and am going to fight Zelse soon.(I forget how Ze would be spelt in Japanese, heh.) Possibly, Zeruse?

Other than that, yeah, pretty much the same. The graphics aren't different at all, though when doing a physical attack, battle sparks(colored brown or yellowish) appear. Sorry, I can't get enough of this version. I just need a translation code, and I can write a full faq!
Edited by Irene(Hydronix), Mar 4 2010, 06:04 AM.
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.

Deleted User
Deleted User

My most recently played game was Sin & Punishment on the Wii. Yeah, I don't have an Nintendo 64 anymore, it broked.
Quote Post Goto Top

l0whit07
Member Avatar
Established Member
I just beat Super Mario 64 for the 2nd time, the 1st was back when it came out. It was great, took about a week, playing on and off. I must admit though, I used the strategy guide quite often. Mainly only after I got 70 stars and beat the final Bowser.

I've never been very good at video games, just consider myself casual gamer, and I really only play the 64. Do you all use strategy guides, or frown on them. I only try to use them when I need it.

It was great beating the game again and topping it off with meeting Yoshi on the castle.
Posted Image

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
l0whit07
Feb 13 2010, 11:22 PM
I just beat Super Mario 64 for the 2nd time, the 1st was back when it came out. It was great, took about a week, playing on and off. I must admit though, I used the strategy guide quite often. Mainly only after I got 70 stars and beat the final Bowser.

I've never been very good at video games, just consider myself casual gamer, and I really only play the 64. Do you all use strategy guides, or frown on them. I only try to use them when I need it.

It was great beating the game again and topping it off with meeting Yoshi on the castle.
Uhhh, not a fan of statergy guides, takes all the fun out of games!

Haha, I remember I was stuck on 119 Stars on Super Mario 64 for over 6 months, I played the game nearly every day, i even had dreams about getting that last star, finally got it though, it ws the beat Princess Peach's slide in under 21 seconds.

^_^

l0whit07
Member Avatar
Established Member
^^Yeah I understand that about strategy guides. I'm just not very good at games and would rarely fully complete a game without them. Sometimes I think there are things you would never know without a guide, at least for me anyway.

Ha, dreaming about getting that last star.. that is awesome. Yeah the 21 seconds on Peach's slide was one of the last stars I got. I actually finished it in 20"9, couldn't get the shortcut. I was happy.

On a side note, is there anyway to fill the moat back up? It looks better filled. Thanks.
Posted Image

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I use strategy guides for some games, there are some things that can be quite frustrating otherwise... for example, in Crackdown I have collected 348 of 350 secret orbs. I'd spent tens of hours searching for the last few agility orbs (which I eentually found) and subsequent hours searching for these last two secret orbs. If I'd used a strategy guide to mark off what I'd collected then I'd have them all by now. >_<

In most games I don't use a guide unless I'm really stuck... and if that's the case then I don't think that makes it less fun, it just makes it less frustrating. :)

I dont think there is a way to fill the moat again. Unless... you start a new save file. :-/

D.J Cat
Member Avatar
alxbly
Feb 14 2010, 06:05 PM
I use strategy guides for some games, there are some things that can be quite frustrating otherwise... for example, in Crackdown I have collected 348 of 350 secret orbs. I'd spent tens of hours searching for the last few agility orbs (which I eentually found) and subsequent hours searching for these last two secret orbs. If I'd used a strategy guide to mark off what I'd collected then I'd have them all by now. >_<

Hmmm, yeah for that sort of thing I should just look it up.
Unnessesary frustration thanks to rediculiously hidden things you'd never find otherwise are worth finding out.

Also yeah, Start a new file. That will fill the moat back up. -_-

macN64
Member Avatar
My Nintendo 64 has been going through something of a renaissance lately. I started a new file on Super Mario 64 (Iíve got 5 stars now), Iíve been trying to beat T.T. on Diddy Kong Racing and I played through the Forest Temple on Zelda (STILL on the play through I started back in May) with short bursts of Super Smash Bros. in between. It's been fun. :D
Youtube

l0whit07
Member Avatar
Established Member
I've been playing through Super Mario 64. I just recently beat it a month or 2 ago, but I got the rumble version and it gives me an excuse to play it again. Just a great game.

This is a screen shot of something I've never done before. I'm sure tons of people have, but anyway makes for a great picture. I did it completely on accident. I long jumped off the top of the mountain in Bob-Omb Battlefield and landed with Mario doing a pull-up on the gate. I later found out you could just wall kick to the top of it. Always something new.

Posted Image
Posted Image

OldCartGamer
Member Avatar
Atm, it's Body Harvest for me. I picked it up years ago but never got around to playing it, so I popped it in a couple days ago. So far so good. :yeah: I also just scored all 4 Star Wars games in a lot on eBay (for $10 and change incl. shipping 8) ), so I'll start playing those next.
Edited by OldCartGamer, Mar 23 2010, 07:37 PM.
Scott

danny_galaga
Member Avatar

Lego Racers X_D

Retro Junkie
Member Avatar
There is no spoon.
I always have my daily dose of Ridge Racer 64. Lately I have began playing Kirby 64 again. Today has been a Kirby day. Great platformer.

Mop it up
Member Avatar
Forum Urban Legend
danny_galaga
Mar 27 2010, 06:47 AM
Lego Racers X_D
Does that reaction mean it isn't any good?

Quote:

Lately I have began playing Kirby 64 again. Today has been a Kirby day. Great platformer.
Kirby 64 is pretty good, combining powers is fun. I like to see if I can get through a stage using only a single power.

OldCartGamer
Member Avatar
Just beat Duke Nukem: Zero Hour last night (for the fifth time, but it's been a long while), and started Armorines. Despite the mediocre reviews, I'm having a good bit of fun with it so far. Only thing is, whenever the title screen pops up I get the urge to scream, "ARMORINNNNES!" (like "Wolverines!" in Red Dawn). :lol:
Scott

james82
Goldeneye - it just never gets old

well anyways i decided im gonna play through again and finish the game on agent than ill move up to the next one and than the hardest
after that im gonna try and get all the cheats and than finish the games again with the cheats :)

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: