Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,639 Views)
dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Stalking random citizens in Clock Town? Count me in.
Give this man a fish, and he can throw it up eleven times
-alxbly
PSN: LifeIsPreachy
Mario Kart Wii: 0088 - 2869 - 9843
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Before I tell you all about what I'm playing - I have a rather good confession to make. I'm actually playing N64 games on the 6th of April, since down here we're one day ahead of most other places. However, don't be alarmed, I did this to coincide with you guys! :wub:

So I've begun the day with an old favourite - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I'd forgotten how great this game really is, as a matter of fact I'd place it above Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars. I started a new file and began zipping through Tatooine.

I've completely lost my ability to aim my lasers properly. I must have missed those tiny little spy bots consecutively for a few minutes before clearing the first section of them all. Strangely, I'm finding it easier to blast the tie fighters at the end of the level.

I just scored myself a nice silver medal. Being the gaming perfectionist I am, I'll be replaying the level in an effort to achieve the illusive gold prize. Now, if only I can remember where those hidden weapon upgrades are...
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
alxbly
Apr 5 2008, 06:25 PM
dataDyne
Apr 6 2008, 12:59 AM
So I've begun the day with an old favourite - Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. I'd forgotten how great this game really is, as a matter of fact I'd place it above Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars. I started a new file and began zipping through Tatooine.

This is slightly off topic but have you bought a Gamecube yet? Because if you like Rogue Squadron then Rogue Leader will simply blow you away. You must buy it!!!

Unfortunately I haven't. ;_;

I spent my monthly "leisure money" on $150 concert tickets, so it'll be a little while longer before I get the GameCube.

Though I have played Rogue Leader many times, and I found it breathtaking. That will certainly be one of the first games I buy, after Wind Waker.
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
You don't like Pelagic II? I love that level! Easily one of my favourite campaign missions, it's just so claustrophobic and packed full of guards at your disposal. :)

I believe that's one of the last missions completely devoid of all aliens. That must be one of the reasons I like it so much.
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
I actually don't mind Crash Site. It's one of the campaign missions that almost never receives any love, but I've never had a problem with it. I quite like the emptiness of the level, it's a nice break from the usual "turn a corner, shoot a guard" gameplay.
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
I decided to play a little Perfect Dark today, which eventually progressed into a 3 hour session of the game (time that should have been spent on a very important essay...). I finally completed Maian SOS on Perfect Agent after working out an almost flawless strategy. :)

Now I just have to complete WAR! on Perfect Agent.
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
alxbly
May 22 2008, 03:36 PM
Been playing Rayman 2. It seems alright. The humour is pretty cool and all the characters are weird. I like Globox's crying children, they made me laugh.

That last sentence must sound pretty cruel if you haven't played the game. >:-] ;)

Go go alxbly! I'm a self-confessed Rayman 2 fan-boy, the game is easily one of my favourite platformers on any system (though the Dreamcast version is definitely the definitive Rayman 2 experience). To this day I still find it a very refreshing experience, after spending so much time on Rare's open-world platformers. I hope you're getting a kick out of the quirky characters and gibberish-induced speech. ^_^

I've been playing a lot of Perfect Dark recently, after not playing the game for around a year and a half. I finally defeated Challenge 30 and won all the gold medals at the firing range, but I'm yet to defeat WAR! on Perfect Agent. I really need to try and develop some kind of strategy for that level, I usually just run through the temple as quickly as possible in order to avoid the constantly spawning Skedar. So far I'm not having any luck.
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Mop_it_up
May 25 2008, 10:49 PM
dataDyne
May 25 2008, 08:40 PM
I finally defeated Challenge 30

All by yourself? If so, that's really something! I had to play through the challenges with 3 friends because I wasn't skilled enough to beat them by myself. I never actually tried the challenges after I got more skilled... There's no way I could beat them now though, because I'm just not very good at the game anymore. Oh well, I can still admire my four golden stars for each challenge... ^_^

Yes, I beat it by myself. It was more luck than skill, to be perfectly honest. The BlondeSim actually glitched and got stuck against the wall while I was going for one of my last points, which is pretty much the reason I was victorious. For most of the game, I was tied with the opposing team, but that glitch allowed me to jump one point ahead for the remainder of the challenge.

I had the most trouble with Challenge 28.
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Me, my friend and my brother played some multiplayer GoldenEye today. We had a few deathmatches in the Temple, with automatics. We also played a couple of games of Capture The Flag in the Caverns, which I personally think is the best map for that style of game.

My friend kept trying to choose Oddjob...the sneaky little bugger. Despite the age of the game, it is still known to all gamers that choosing Oddjob is one of the cheapest moves in gaming.

Even after all these years, GoldenEye's multiplayer hasn't lost its shine. Take that, David! :wub:
-alxbly

dataDyne
Forum Dinosaur!
Good stuff alxbly! I've been debating whether or not to replay DK64 for a couple of years now. I made it as far as the final fight with K-Rool, but for some odd reason lost interest and never bothered to beat him.

The only thing stopping me from replaying the game is the fact that it's a total mess of a collect-a-thon. At it's core it's a brilliantly fun game, but the sheer number of collectables is ridiculous. Jet Force Gemini was already treading that line, but DK64 took to a whole new level. <_<
-alxbly

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply