Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,556 Views)
Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Level 30 Necromancer/Master of Quest 64
I haven't really played an n64 game since Quest 64 for a while. Other than that, I played a bit of the new games I picked up(Snowboard Kids 2 and the bunch of Wrestling games).
Even bastards need to let off some steam.

And apparently have more egos than Waffles.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
I was gone for a week(not that any could really tell), and played a lot of n64. Mostly being Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, and Quest 64. Lots of fun gs codes were tried, including ones to change spells in Quest 64 to respective boss spells. Nothing looks better than stopping a Wyvern from moving for a few seconds with some Serpentine Arrows(Mammon's powered up version of Homing Arrow 1 & 2). Of course, I also can't help but laugh as a Multi-Projectile code increases said Arrows to even more. The Multi-Projectile Ownership code allows my opponents to defeat themself(even bosses as well), allowing me to wonder why the battle didn't official end.(I have to do some action to end it now)

Ah, so much fun. Got GameShark?

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
What, you thought this was going to be about Quest 64 again? Nope! Well, kind of.

I just played Eltale Monsters on Project64. Man, it's fun. Sure it's in japanese, but thanks to my Q64 knowledge, I know what spells are which. Yay for having just the right memory(pun intended).

The game is widely different, though most is just fluff. You can see when your stats go up by a color-coded aura appearing around you representing the appropriate element-based stat.(Fire for HP, Water for MP, and so on) Also, Criticals are denoted by changing the damage color to red, and it making a noise that of awesomeness! Oh, and the number is shown larger(and I don't meant digit-wise, though that can apply to). There's a cutscene at the end of the game, before the credits, and enemies drop items even if you already have that item.

The first NPC no longer gives you a Fresh Bread, but a Mint Leaves, but another NPC in Dondoran, or Tontoran(as it would be directly translated as) gives you a Honey Bread instead of the usual Fresh Bread as well. I had to hunt Were Hares just for a freakin' Fresh Bread, yeesh. Other than that, I got 3 Spirit Lights from the Apophises(I seemed to face 2 every time) and am going to fight Zelse soon.(I forget how Ze would be spelt in Japanese, heh.) Possibly, Zeruse?

Other than that, yeah, pretty much the same. The graphics aren't different at all, though when doing a physical attack, battle sparks(colored brown or yellowish) appear. Sorry, I can't get enough of this version. I just need a translation code, and I can write a full faq!
Edited by Hydro_nix, Mar 4 2010, 06:04 AM.

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Last played is Eletale Monsters. But only because I don't have the hard copy and can't access my n64, so it had to be on an emulator. If we go for hard copies, Quest 64, of course.

But I had fun none the less. I barely use any codes beyond "make your stats not go up at a snail's pace, but a decent rate".

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Just played some Smash Bros. against a guy down at one our gaming places. I won 5/6 using "worse" characters than him most of the time. They were all pretty good matches with random courses and we all played different characters, so no repeats. Some of the wins were due to the courses, and others were due to luck. Besides that, I had more practice and got the controls better memorized than him, so I clearly had an advantage player-wise.

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Not so much as playing as recording all the information on the Quest 64 Sharkbyte. Every item, percentage, etc. I left out nothing. If something isn't written, like the Music/Effect settings, it's because they never change. They're the same.

It's too small for a guide, though. However, Mortal Kombat 4 has a Sharkbyte as well. Perhaps somebody could record that and put them together for an in-depth version of both.

Hydro_nix
Member Avatar
Man. Those poor control sticks. I actually wonder if the Superpads are really good for it. I've only used the regular controller for Mario Party 1-3.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply