Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (36,994 Views)
The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I agree with alxbly. I think this should continue as a generic Play a N64 Game topic because that's all I've been doing the last couple weeks. I have games of GoldenEye, Battle for Naboo, OoT, Pokémon Snap, Donkey Kong 64 and more going right now(mainly OoT ^_^ ) and I have received about 6 new games recently with more on the way, so it's all N64 for me right now. :)

Not that I have anything against sexual favors or anything. :whistle:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Just entered the Fire Temple on Ocarina of Time. This game is still the bomb. B)

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I'm up to Gerudo's Fortress on OoT right now. Farthest I've ever been on this game. :-8

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I beat OoT the other day so I'll have to post up a review when I get a chance.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
xconspirisist
May 14 2008, 04:46 AM
100/100

Yeah, that's pretty much my ranking for it, too. Only thing I wish it had that it didn't is the ability to explore Hyrule AFTER the ending, in either timeframe, just to talk to everyone again and give the game a little free-roaming aspect. Of course, I've been saying that about RPGs in general for years but it is very rarely implemented, if at all.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
"Too many things to play" is an apt description of me at any given time.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Sat down last night and played all of the new N64 games I've picked up lately. Some thoughts:

Turok and Turok 2 - They are rough graphically but still as fun as they were back then.
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine - I need to play this further than just the first level. Seems like it could be really fun.
Mario Tennis - Fun, but wow, do I suck at it.
Mario Golf - Pretty much the same as Tennis.
Cyber Tiger - This one surprised me. Not that bad of a golf game.
Toy Story 2 - Another surprise. Fun game despite it really being a kiddie game.
NHL Breakaway 98 - Meh, hockey isn't my sport and I couldn't score a goal, but I also didn't allow any. :lol:
Star Wars: Battle for Naboo and WWF WarZone - Played 'em both before so no big deal.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Mario Golf was starting to get on my nerves as it wouldn't boot up even after about 20 tries. But finally it played. These good old carts never let us down! :D

I think Battle for Naboo gets overshadowed by Rogue Squadron but it is an equally fun SW game. And I'm in agreement that the SmackDown games are the way to go. SD2 was a lot of fun back in the day and my fave of that gen. Here Comes The Pain on the PS2 is my favorite of that generation.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
TNT737373
Oct 30 2012, 09:04 PM
Well this guy was harsh on the console, sounded more like a con list than a memorial video. ha. The Super Nintendo generation doesn't seem to like the N64 at all, and in addition a majority retro gamers scoff at it. Such a shame.
I don't think he was all that harsh on it. He even said it was a console he grew up on, had fond memories of and thought was awesome. I think he just echoes a common sentiment that a lot of us seem to share: It could have, and SHOULD have, been a better console experience for us all. And some of that was in Nintendo's hands and some of it was out of their control.

I need to spend some time today with South Park. Got into it the other night but then seemed to lose sight of making it a priority to get it finished for the contest.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Oct 31 2012, 11:30 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
NintendoLuke99
Oct 31 2012, 11:29 AM
i totally agree! he wasnt doing a memorial video and whats worse the stupid playstation fans are at n64 fans faces agai in the comments :angry:
Not all PlayStation fans are like that, by the way. Just look at me. I'm a PlayStation fan more than I am a N64 fan, but I still coexist quite well here on the forum because I love the N64 too. :yeah:

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
NintendoLuke99
Oct 31 2012, 11:38 AM
thats good. i just hate when ps fans are like ps owns nintendo every day and ps is da best console ever. at least your not like that. dont worry i will approve of you being a ps fan(at least you like the n64 and the ps1 too) it just gets annoying when ps fans are like that.
I totally hear ya, bro.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Oct 31 2012, 11:44 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I get what you're saying, sort of. The only console I had as a kid was an Atari 2600. I never owned a NES and by the time I got a SNES I was living out on my own. I've always come at all consoles from the perspective of an adult. So I think I can understand what you are getting at.

And yes, I think you should do a video about this. I would definitely check it out.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Oct 31 2012, 12:30 PM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I played a bunch of N64 games today. Had fun with South Park, GoldenEye, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 and Star Wars: Battle For Naboo.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I got in some time with South Park last night and I will be hitting it hard the next few days to get it complete for the game off.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Gooman130
Mar 24 2013, 03:37 PM
So, I finally finished the greatest gaming journey I have ever embarked upon. After watching my brother play it for many hours those eight years ago and finally picking it up for myself two years ago and finishing it today, I have completed... THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME! :w00t: :dance: :n64: :link:

It was such an incredible game and after many many hours of frustration, usually due to my inept gaming abilities, exhilaration and much use of guides :whistle: I beat the game today. Definitely my proudest gaming achievement at the moment. I have some high expectations for Majora's Mask. :D
Awesome! Wish I could say I was in the elite group you are in but I've still never completed OoT. One of these days! :link:

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
Did the entire console reset or just in game? I was playing South Park the other day and right in the middle of a level it would reset to the menu screen. So frustrating. >_<

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I really loved the Acclaim WWF games but I played them on the PS1 and when the Smackdown games arrived it was no question as to what the dominant series was. As for No Mercy and the other N64 wrestling classics I see why people love them but I could never really grasp the controls for them on the N64 controller.
Edited by The Red Shadow, Aug 29 2014, 09:52 AM.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
N64Nostalgia
Aug 29 2014, 01:50 PM
The Red Shadow
Aug 29 2014, 09:52 AM
I really loved the Acclaim WWF games but I played them on the PS1 and when the Smackdown games arrived it was no question as to what the dominant series was. As for No Mercy and the other N64 wrestling classics I see why people love them but I could never really grasp the controls for them on the N64 controller.
Agreed the Smackdown Series was incredible. What about WCW vs nWo World Tour & WCW/nWo revenge did you ever play them?
Only barely dabbled with them. The crazy (to me) controls kept me away from most of the THQ N64 games.

The Red Shadow
Member Avatar
The Seeker
I absolutely loved the wrestling world of the late 90s! I miss that era so much. If you want to join in on the infrequent wrestling discussion that occurs here on the forum then might I direct you to my very own Pro Wrestling topic right HERE?

To stay on topic, I'm making it a goal of mine to start on my N64Forever Beats 'Em All obligation of Major League Baseball ft. Ken Griffey Jr. before my vacation is over. I mean considering I claimed it 7 months ago. :whistle:

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply