Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (36,910 Views)
alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Woah... looking at this topic, it would appear that September was the last time I played an N64 game. That sounds about right. Perversely, although I'm not gonna be playing any N64 games soon I'm already looking forward to the next time I do... :eh: :yeah:

Mario Kart 64 will be my game of choice.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Welcome to the forum. :)

I relly should give Mario Tennis another go... I've not played it for years.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Played Goldeneye's Dam level to test out a controller I got. I'm now resigned to the fact that after ten years of playing Goldeneye with 1.1 controls, 1.2 will never feel "right" for me. :-/

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
D.J Cat
Feb 1 2009, 03:23 PM
@alxbly
I know what you mean about 1.1
I play Turok, being 1.2 perfect;y naturally and swap between the games fine, but just can't do GE or PD on 1.2 >_<
^_^ Yeah, it's screwy. I can use that control scheme with Turok no problem but my Goldeneye instinct is to move with the control stick.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I'm playing through Donkey Kong 64. It bugged me that I never finished this game, so I'm playing through it again. Last time (way back in 1999) I got as far as the Donkey Kong Arcade machine and couldn't be bothered playing through original Donkey Kong twice in a row. This time I'm determined to make it as far as the last boss, although as I sold my original cartridge it means I need to completely replay the game. >_< But that's okay, it's been fun so far. :D

I'm only a few hours in but I've unlocked Diddy Kong and am now in the Angry Aztec level looking for Tiny Kong. :)

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
Jun 7 2009, 11:10 PM
Maybe I should give it another go... though I don't think I could pick up where I left off since I don't remember anything.
Me neither, so I'm glad I managed to get a guide for the game. I don't expect I'll finish this anytime soon, but it's would be nice if I could at least finish one N64 game this year. I've been promising to finish a :n64: game ever since I joined N64 Forever... but I don't think I've actually finished any since 2001. :o >_<

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
D.J Cat
Jun 16 2009, 03:06 AM
Yeah, the coloured bananas don't actually count to the 101% you just need them to fight the bosses.
How long did it take to get to 101%? :blink:

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Mop_it_up
Aug 16 2009, 01:46 AM
Placeholder post for when I play a Nintendo 64 game and pretend I played it at this time.
All those N64 games and you're not even playing them? Shame on you!

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
In that case...

All those N64 games and you're not even playing them? Shame on you!

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
N64 is still my all time favorite. Just not my current "flava".

See, I can be "hip". :-8

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Very good. ^_^ At least I didn't try to rap or listen to them techno muzaks. Gimme the good old days of world wars, poverty and piss poor dancing.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I just played Re-Volt for the first time. It seems okay, although the handling is twitchy... as it would be with a RC car. Have you played that game, Mop_it_up?

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I've been playing Forsaken 64. I forgot how good this game is, although the missions are pretty basic. I like the way the gunfire lights up the rooms in different colors... I remember this being jaw dropping when I first seen real lighting on the N64. :)

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I use strategy guides for some games, there are some things that can be quite frustrating otherwise... for example, in Crackdown I have collected 348 of 350 secret orbs. I'd spent tens of hours searching for the last few agility orbs (which I eentually found) and subsequent hours searching for these last two secret orbs. If I'd used a strategy guide to mark off what I'd collected then I'd have them all by now. >_<

In most games I don't use a guide unless I'm really stuck... and if that's the case then I don't think that makes it less fun, it just makes it less frustrating. :)

I dont think there is a way to fill the moat again. Unless... you start a new save file. :-/

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I'm trying to thin out my collection a bit, so have been playing games I'm considering selling;

Taz Express

I have to admit that the main reason I got this was because it was a PAL exclusive and I wanted to see what it was like. It's pretty standard fare 3d cartoon platformer and collectathon. The first level is fairly flat, not much to see or do. Taz can break through bits of the level by doing his whirlwind move. It's playable but quite average and a bit boring. One more for the "for sale" pile.

Tom and Jerry Fists of Furry

This is better than Taz, it's a 3d beat em up with items. Again, nothing special, but held my interest longer than Taz Express did. Tom and Jerry battle it out in the kitchen using chairs, frying pans, forks, fruit and, when there's nothing else, punches. Most items can be thrown as well. The level is two tiered so you can fight on the floor or on top of the kitchen work surfaces/appliances, however some of these are interactive; for example, standing on the cooker sets you on fire. It's actually alright but what lets it down is the isometric 3d, which makes it difficult to judge how close you are to your opponent.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
bluedogrulez
Feb 18 2014, 02:02 PM
Stunt Racer 64 for Beats 'Em All. Still deciding whether this Blockbuster Exclusive is a winner or not . . . not sure I've completed the learning curve yet, so I guess I'll reserve judgment.
It takes a while to get into but I quite liked it in a flawed way. I really loved World Driver Championship. Stunt Racer is so different that it took me a while to get over how much it isn't WDC. After I got past that, it was more fun. WDC didn't set the games chart alight so I guess I can understand why Boss Games decided to do something so different. :-/

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I played South Park for the first time today. Wow.

Throwing snowballs at chickens... Really? That's the best they could come up with? Really? <_<

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
Martin64
Feb 22 2014, 05:19 PM
Shadow Man. Very atmospheric game...
Great write up of a great game. I loved Shadow Man, played it when it first came out on the N64 and was hooked right up to the final boss. I loved the dark theme and brutality, it's the antithesis of many of the more popular N64 games but in my mind just as playable and rewarding. I started playing it again years later on the Dreamcast, and it looks gloriously high res and has some areas cut from the N64 release.

Thanks for sharing, Martin64. :)
Martin64
Feb 22 2014, 05:19 PM
When I'm done with Shadow Man, I'm going to try and do a run-through of Shadows of the Empire. I've never beaten it, but strangely want to. Wish me luck!
Good luck, let us know how you get on. Shadows of the Empire is an N64 games I've not played much of, but I really enjoyed it's sequels (Rogue Squadron and Battle for Naboo). I'm interested to hear how it stacks up all these years on. :)
Edited by alxbly, Feb 23 2014, 05:05 PM.

alxbly
Member Avatar
Ancient
I've been playing Forsaken tonight. I'd got to the Dreadnought level and beat that, then into a level that's mainly underwater. Lots of green water in this level, lots and lots of green. I think the developers introduced underwater levels to mix things up a bit but if I find it frustrating. It's quite difficult to aim precisely and I'm not sure if that's me just needing to readjust to the game, the effect of the water in this level or a slightly worn controller. I'm thinking it's mainly the effect of the water. It's annoying though.

Not being able to save after each level is a bit annoying too. I know that when I play this again I'll need to defeat the Dreadnought boss again and, to be honest, he's not much fun. I can't remember how far I got in this game back when I played it the first time, but I suspect it's not much further than where I am now... I'm sticking with it though, I want to see what the end game has waiting for me... :)

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply