Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,707 Views)
bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Racing for Fulcon Capital
Sin & Punishment. Got it last week and it hasn't left the console. So much fun and visually stunning.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0786-9287-1202 (bluedogBDR)
MK8Deluxe Tourney: N64Forever.com 2332-7277-8283
Nintendo Network ID: BDR2010 / Twitter: @bluedogrulez
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Now playing and pleasantly surprised by Cruisin World. Car handling, frame rate, game play is much better than in Cruisin USA. Unlike Cruisin USA, you can improve your ability (which I've always preferred over "unlockables").
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Logged a few more hours with Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth, and I am a fan. The there is a dearth of N64 games in the shmup genre. At the time of its release, the reviews weren't great, but you wonder about some of these reviewers. If you play on easy mode, this game, as they say, is pretty easy. But on normal mode, the difficulty by level 3 is quite challenging. And playing a shmup with the N64 controller is pretty great. Anyway, its got the look and feel of Axelay (sans the amazing soundtrack) and Sin and Punishment.

Definitely will be nominating for GOTM soon.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Feb 10 2012, 07:05 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Roadsters :yeah: The best N64 road racing game I've played so far; into 6th season already. Nice career mode: Have to keep winning and manage money to (1) upgrade car, (2) buy better car, (3) have enough for next seasons entry fee. Usually just enough money to do what's necessary; really have to earn the big upgrades.

The AI is very good and aggressive (except when there is a change in weather, which makes them pit; I don't and win easily).

Great graphics. Real cars. Cool tracks. No fogging or slow down. And how's this attention to detail: when you drive thorugh mud the tires get and retain mud on them for awhile.

Definite sleeper pick.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Apr 18 2012, 08:02 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@retrozombieslayer, @bravebluerx, and @OldCartGamer:

Make your efforts count even more. . . sign up for our Game-Off event thread where this forum attempts to beat every N64 game by this time next year. We could certainly use your talents!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Great to see so many of our new members actively playing N64 games. Please be sure to check out our n64 Game-Off (link below). If you beat an unclaimed or unbeaten game, snap a pic and get the credit you deserve!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
regnad
Nov 11 2012, 02:48 AM
What do I need to do?

edit: Does it matter that it's already been "claimed"?
@regnad: nice job beating Majora's Mask! The member who claimed it for the Game Off (lithium) is fine with you taking it off the list for us if you have a pic demonstrating you beat the game (credits, end sequence, etc). If so, please head over the Game Off thread and post the pic and approx completion time. If you dont have a pic, please let us know so lithium will keep at it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Welcome Highlander!

If you managed to snap a pic of the ISS2000 and/or Golden Eye credits or end screen, I'd love to credit your victories towards our 2012-2013 Game-Off contest (we are trying to beat as many N64 titles as possible).

You might also consider signing up to beat Mario Golf as additional incentive.

A link to the Game-Off thread is in my signature below.

Again, welcome to the Forum.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Jan 17 2013, 08:55 AM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Highlander
Jan 17 2013, 09:17 AM
I still have the save file from ISS 2000 which is after 61 league matches, so i could load it up and play the last match again to get some pics of the end screens ;)

Please do!! :dance:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
The Red Shadow
Jan 30 2013, 09:04 AM
I got in some time with South Park last night and I will be hitting it hard the next few days to get it complete for the game off.
:yeah:

@YogurtStorm: What's your best time in SWE1R on Boonta Training, 3-laps and 1 lap?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Okay, i need to make a confession. I started playing Penny Racers. I know, I know. What's worse is that I actually enjoyed it. Oh, the shame.

I had previously identified PR as THE WORST N64 title. I was WRONG (can u believe it?!?). Once you upgrade your car (via a cool winner steals a part from a loser mechanism), the gameplay is much better. Even fun, in a Snowboard Kids way.

It may not be a must own, but PR has shown me enough to declare that it is superior to South Park Rally, now the WORST N64 game I have ever played.
Edited by bluedogrulez, Feb 6 2013, 09:27 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Majora's Mask
Feb 10 2013, 02:13 PM
Wow, I just beat Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon!
Nicely done, and welcome to our Forum!

Hey, we'd love to recruit your for our Game-Off, where we as a site are trying to be as many N64 titles (any region) as possible. The link to the Game-Off topic is in my signature.

Again, welcome!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Cabanon
Feb 20 2013, 01:40 PM
been playing Milo's Astro Lanes. im almost done with it, only 3-4 lanes to beat and im done. easy as crap honestly. c-left twice, push A, stick full forward then press A again to shoot. do it 25 times and you're done. you can also use special power with Z and rotate them with B to make a strike easier. you can also block the oponnent with some special power giving 0 everytime lol
Hey Cabanon, that's a candidate for the Game-Off. Mind snapping a pic and posting after you hit cl-cl-A-stick fwd-A a few more times?
Edited by bluedogrulez, Feb 20 2013, 02:12 PM.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Stunt Racer 64 for Beats 'Em All. Still deciding whether this Blockbuster Exclusive is a winner or not . . . not sure I've completed the learning curve yet, so I guess I'll reserve judgment.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Had to tell you all about this single game victory in NBA Hangtime last night.

Atlanta Hawks with me playing as Mookie Blaylock versus the Dallas Mavericks with a young Jason Kidd and Jamal Mashburn, who was at that point an elite NBA player. Mookie is great in this game, because he can hit a 3-pointer in his sleep. (And for 90s music fans, Pearl Jam's first release was named in his honor).

Well for the first half, Mashburn was unconscience. Dunking all over Mutumbo (Mookie's 7'3" teammate), stealing and blocking any time the ball was in reach. Dominant.

Mookie kept us alive with some great shooting of his own. When Mashburn went cold early in the second half, Altanta tied the game. But in the late thirs quarter, Mookie could not buy a bucket. Dallas surged ahead and entered the fourth quarter with a seemingly insurmountable 10-point lead.

With no other option for catching up in the super short quarter, Mookie kept on heaving up 3s. And he didn't miss. Not a one. But an Atlanta loss seemes certain when Mashburn put Dallas up by 3 with 4.0 seconds left. Talk about crunchtime.

In bound to Mookie, drove up the floor, rose up and fired a deep 3 ball with 0.3 seconds left. It floated towards the rim. C'mon, baby...SWISH!!!! Overtime!!!!

The OT was a bit anti-climatic, Mookie and Christian Laettner (Mutumbo's sub) were all over the Mavs, blocking shots, stealing the ball and making easy layups.
The final score: Hawks 84, Mavs 78.

And here is Mookie's final stat line:
Posted Image

You know, arcade sports game can be a lot of fun!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Well, I gave South Park Rally another chance. Probably its 10th or so. And I still cannot deal. It is so easy to become disoriented on the courses and recovery from a "detour" does not seem possible. I so badly want to unlock Cop Cartman, but does not seem in the cards.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@Grizz: Okay, Grizz, what NTSC game did you kill? I'm guessing it was a QB Club game :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Wow that was a long post!

My recollection is that if you place 1, 2 or 3 in the race, the money is gone for good.

Here's how to make money and win:
1. First, buy 2 pit droids.
2. Power up that engine and buy last pit droid.
3. TRADE PARTS! Go to junk yard. Buy the best parts in worst condition. With a little luck, those pit droids will fix up those parts in after a race or two. Then trade it back for an even better part in bad condition and pocket the change! This works like 90% of the time. Occasionally, a junk yard part will fail, but it is rare.

Oh, if the junk yard's offerings aren't good, leave, switch characters, and re-enter. Voila, new offerings!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
No, you can buy all pit droids first. I like to have an engine update to make the long jump on the 3rd or 4th track....Oh boy, I am starting to get the itch again... :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
I did scratch the itch a little by playing SWE1R over the weekend. Just played the first circuit where gaming the system by switching out parts via the junkyard can let you upgrade quickly and win by huge margins. It was fun. Itch scratched, back to Contra (no code).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Rocky
Jun 14 2015, 10:49 PM
Bamboozled
Jun 14 2015, 04:51 PM
@action I agree so much with that last part!

I've been playing Namco Museum 64. Can't stop playing Pole Position!
Pole Position is a great game but I was always so bad at it...could never get past the qualifying round. :-8 I usually lean more towards Galaga on Namco Musuem, it's an addicting game when you're trying to beat someone else's high score!
Lovin' the love for Pole Position!! Such a revolutionary racing game for its time (and definitely my favorite on the Namco Museum collection with Ms. Pac Man). Best played with the ASCII racing wheel (but mine was disassembled and sadly never reassembled in furtherance of what would become El Quadinaros (the 4-pronged, dual stick N64 controller by Clarky)). But I digress. . . . .
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Finally, some love for my favorite N64 game!! Nice job, italia. Now learn to harness the superior boosting power of Ben Quadinaros and set some serious "New lap records!l :yeah:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Awesome, Retro Junkie! I love Star Soldier: VE because of the fun factor. And when I play other shooters, I tend to miss the ability to deflect bullets back at the baddies like you can in Star Soldier: VE.

Played a bit of Custom Robo 64 this week. What a fun little game. It's a series of one-on-one battles in small arenas between to mech'd out players. Stop me when this sounds slightly familiar. You pick your player. You pick your gear. You pick your gun and secondary weapons. You are shot out into an arena and maneuver for cover and for positioning to move in for the kill. Honestly felt like a beta of a certain squid game I've been nearly exclusively devoted to.

It is a Japanese release, but it is playable for English speakers. The weapon and gear menus are in Japanese, but trial and error seems to work.

I went 10-0 in beginner, before losing in my third or 4th match in the next rank. I did try Legend level a few times; I was amazed by the expanding array of player/gun/gear/weapon choices. And yeah, it was really difficult for a noob.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Nice acquisitions, Retro Junkie! I love S&P and think your post is dead on. A must have, must play, mod your console for, for sure.

Bangai-O I found less accessible. The game play is simple enough, but I have no idea what is going on with the powerup lady and the end of stage boss. Hoping it will click better for you.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
Excellent. You will be good and ready to take down the N64's hardest title (?), Body Harvest next!!!! :whistle: :rofl:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

bluedogrulez
Member Avatar
@italia: I an enamored with Ridge Racer's first person view...but my racing skills do not translate probably because I do not understand RR's slide mechanic. When I use it, my car starts tilting uncontrollably from one side to the next. When I race without sliding, I suspect it costs me too much time. Really wish I was better at it so I could enjoy that first person view some more (and unlock those sweet rides you unlocked!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply