Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,641 Views)
Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Just played the first level of Disney's Tarzan. As a former Cub Scout the Jungle Book setting really worked for me and this platform game is beautifully executed. Clearly aimed at younger players but i stll enjoyed it. Certainly not a "must have" but worth considering if it's cheap

Also played some ECW Hardcore Revolution. Just awful, really ugly... why are there so many wrestling games anyway? does anybody actually enjoy the genre?
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

Tarzan is a great little platformer. It almost reminds me of Aladdin

indeedy! im more familiar with the SNES version but they are quite similar anyway IIRC
Both games feature very fluid animation, worthy of the Disney trademark.
The "Jungle Book" title is also very well done IMHO

Anyway, i was pleasanty surprised with Tarzan... (too?) many N64 games are disappointing

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Cruis'n USA (yep, its pretty bad!) and the Japanese version of Mario Kart 64 (yep, much better than the PAL version).
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
i'll be playing some Diddy Kong Racing in a minute. never played it before to be honest. So many games, so little time...
Also want to take a look-see at Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

UPDATE I really liked DKR, quite a good little game. A big improvement on Mario Kart in many respects (havent tried multi-player oc) but it felt a bit eehh... easier? at least up until the point where i quit and booted up SW Episode 1 Racer. Pleasantly surprised by that one! It really conveys a sense of brake-neck speed, even in PAL. Clever use of sound to enhance the sensation of speed. Nice game but a bit of a rough ride with too many crashes for my taste :)

I ended the session with some Wipeout 64. i did play this before on PC but i really liked the N64 version. Great music, sci-fi styling, speed and weapons... lovely job. Certainly a game i will play again
Edited by Mk II, Nov 28 2010, 06:56 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

can't buy anything on ebay for a while.

sorry to hear that Purtle.
but you know, maybe your Dad's intervention is a good thing in the long run... buying collectables can become very addictive.
I suspect many (most?) of us here have experienced a time when we did actually buy a bit more than we could really afford and/or justify. I know i have!

Anyway: i seem to be in a racing mood so last night i played some more DKR (gosh, those flying races are pretty hard!) and then some F-Zero X. Wow! Cant remember i ever played it properly before but i was hooked immediately. Seriously fast ! or maybe i'm just getting too old fo this s*** :D

Edited by floorcat, Dec 2 2010, 07:14 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
well done! i could never get past the Battle of Hoth

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
i've been plowing through some new purchases (shelf-fillers mostly...).
But now i'm playing a spot of Wetrix and i like it a lot.
I also have this for the Gameboy Colour but never could make much sense of the proceedings on that tiny low-res display.
The N64 version is much better, very playable and to my amazement even includes a Dutch language option - including sampled speech!
And it's quite a challenge right from the start.

Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
Quote:

I want to get wetrix eventually.

You really should! Wetrix is awesome, it's 3D Tetris as it should have been! Really addictive... i keep playing it while i really should be playing with my brand new 3DS :)
Current high score +200.000 points; rating: "good" :yeah:

BTW: Wetrix would be a great game on the 3DS... but it'll never happen b/c the N64 version was a bit of a flop.
It was conceived & programmed by the same guys who did Solar Jetman for the NES. Another rather unusual game i really like
Edited by Mk II, Mar 26 2011, 04:49 PM.
Posted Image

Mk II
Member Avatar
Elite
still playing Wetrix and just set a 782,308 point hiscore.
It is getting really hard in later levels; very fast and furious... im not sure i will make much progress beyond this!

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply