Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (34,598 Views)
Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I am enjoying NBA Courtside 2. Bought it on ebay for 5.00(cart only) including shipping. I have never been into basketball games and still really can't play them as i do not understand the rules and the controls. I did rent the first NBA Courtside back then and it did play and looked great, but can't recall anything else, so I took a chance and bought an NTSC(A) copy. Wow it looks great, does this use the Exspansion Pak? The amount of options and features is great with carerer and create a character modes. I still do struggle to understand some of the options and rules though. I have though won my first game?match? on easy in last ten years, good game.
Edited by Vekoma64, Apr 14 2012, 05:48 PM.
Nintendo gaming since 1989 WiiU NNID- Vekoma64

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Eww Titus, god there games suck. Except Roadsters which felt unlike most of their games, playable.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
I am playing through Blast Corps again, god I wish this would get a HD update or new game would be perfect XBLA. I am also playing Wheel of Fortune what a game <_<
Edited by Vekoma64, Sep 9 2012, 04:37 PM.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
The N64 game I am playing through at this moment is Indiana Jones and the Infernal Controls. I have never had a real play through of this title being Ex PAL and I am finding good but flawed so far. Only on the 3rd level right now. I will write a review though if I get to the end of it without putting in a big crate at the back of a warehouse...

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Sifting through my collection today after Indy, looking for somthing arcade like or just to put on for a blast. I started with Rush vut find the controls almost unbearable, shame. Then I must have put about 3 hours so far into Top Gear Hyper Bike. So far it is really good and I like the lack of invisable walls. J Mc Grath was also played and it is not a bad game by any means just a tad boring. Still I think TGHB is better, might be the best bike game on the machine I have tried and seems to slip under the net. Excluding Road Rash of course.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
^^F1 WGP is a great game and I think although the handling was not really sim like, I used to love and try and drift the cars hehe. F1 WGP2 is great too, I think the sequal was the better game. I nearly did a review but found it would be too hard to sit through the first game again and then the entire 2nd game would be a lot of work. Might do it one day. Also since my NTSC machine has taken the place by my TV I do not want to go back to PAL. Still I loved that Gold F1 machine with my old steering wheels and pedals before my mothers dog decided to eat the cables back in 2000! ;_; Turok do not worry about the story I found the story quite boring, see dino shoot dino! It blew mind when I got not long after launch, just can not get the hang of the controls now sadly.
Edited by Vekoma64, Oct 19 2012, 09:16 AM.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
^Thats all true I suppose. I like the hate/fanboyness of console wars though, can be real fun. I suppose I am a product of that generation. As an adult today I own a PS3 and did love a few PS1 games. Although at the the time I would have gone to war over it, and I did! :P I recalll my rich kid mate who was a Sega boy and he had a real attitude over the SNES. I only got him once to admit he enjoyed playing my SNES and that was on Super Mario Kart battle mode. He did scoff at DKC graphics though, that must of been pure envy. He bought a Playstation over a Saturn. I wonder how many Sega fans went to Sony, I know quite a few who tried the Saturn but went with Sony and fliped sides. I know I did not, drew my line in the sand. Then I put on my helmet for war and thought to the death for Nintendo. Still get flash backs today of The Great War in 1997-2001. :n64:
Edited by Vekoma64, Oct 31 2012, 02:41 PM.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Hmm I have been playing Tetrisphere and Mickeys Speedway...Loving Tetrisphere such a great game and well Mickey is good but flawed. Oh Random Geek I am glad you enjoying Extreme G, I thought it was great back then...The framerate is poor but nver broke the game for me.
Edited by Vekoma64, Nov 27 2012, 04:38 PM.

Vekoma64
Member Avatar
Wow, that was freaky I am just putting the finishing touches to Speedway review and just noticed that somebody else noticed the lack of magic...hmm. I fear this was the first of many. So I have also been playing Micky and DKR.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply