Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Nintendo 64 Forever. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Play an N64 game...; Tell us what N64 games you've been playing!
Topic Started: Apr 4 2008, 03:54 PM (36,914 Views)
ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
I'll BE playing Dairantou Smash Bros. very soon. Finally caved and got it off Amazon along with gamebit screwdrivers to mod my 64. Looking forward to considering the differences (and buying some Japanese exclusives later - Doraemon and Evangelion FTW!)
It must be exciting to never have played a Zelda game before - No64DD
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Friday night was the first multiplayer n64 gaming session I've had in a while. Considering the potential cost of setting up local multiplayer with the switch (my favorite way to play) I think going retro is the better option at this time.

We played Mario kart 64, Diddy Kong racing and Smash Bros. Surprisingly the friends I was with hadn't played DKR before but they thought the multiple vehicles were really cool :)

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Checkerboard Chase is amazing with 4 players :)

I don't recall a lot of 2d platformers with anything more than a 2 player simultaneous mode before New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Speaking of 4 player co-op though, I did just get Gauntlet Legends. Can't wait to break it out :)

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Wanted to give a quick update on my controller situation. I had gotten 3retro bit controllers with ps2 style joysticks and a long time ago I told you guys that they worked great for racing games but were messed up for smash bros. just out of curiosity I tried them again and two of them worked fine. They just needed to be broken in a bit. I tried unplugging and replugging them in just to be sure this wasn't a fluke but I think I can actually recommend them now, though still a little hesitant.

The third one looks like it's shot though - its y axis is messed up beyond help :(

EDIT: yeah the controllers stopped working again...that's what I get for trusting third party :(
Edited by ItalianBaptist, Aug 9 2017, 07:35 PM.

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Didn't know where else to put this but I feel like it's a major accomplishment for me - I replaced a joystick in an n64 controller for the first time! Everything seems to be working just fine :)

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Got Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 off eBay. My short term goal is to have all the arenas available in free battle mode (so basically gym leader castle - eventually get to vs rival I guess)

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
@Retro Junkie: Does the n64 animal crossing have the nes games in it?

ItalianBaptist
Member Avatar
Tonight I introduced my pastor’s daughters to the wonders of Pokémon Stadium mini games. A good time was had by all for the most part. The highlights were sushi-go-round (the lickitung game), dig dig dig (the sandshrew game) and eager eevee. There was also much laughter when clefairy was hit by the hammer in clefairy says.

« Previous Topic · Gaming & General Nintendo 64 Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply